Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,051 members, 7,838,655 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (570) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3050589 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 19, 2018
Henry240:

Nobody bashed Bidexii for advocating for a new Air Defense System. In fact everybody agrees Nigeria's Air Defence needs a total overhaul.

What is wrong was to give a "No" answer to the question of whether Nigeria has a functioning Air Defense system. Yes, we have an Air Defense System irrespective of the state it's in.

Didn't an obsolete Syrian Air Defense SAM shoot down an advanced Israeli F-16I fighter jet over Israel?

Have we not seen videos of manpads shooting down SU-25s and Attack Helicopters over Syria?

Haven't AAA's targeted and in a few instances hit/or shot down Syrian fighter jets? The L-39 of the SAAF was shot down with AAAs?

So, how exactly is Bidexii's comment correct that Nigeria does not have an Air Defense System?

You throw around requirements and risks because you don't chop off your hand because your finger has an injury. It is the educated thing to do, not an emotional rant.

As a result of that threat assessment in the late 90's and early 2000's, attack helicopters were purchased. This was because the top brass found out due to the unavailablity of attack helicopters in Liberia, our air campaigns had serious shortcomings. As a result in a LICW environment which we would find ourselves we cannot perform optimally without AH's.

Providing fact based assessments is not a crime. Jeez!!
? SAAF has never operated the L-39??

........ Never mind, Syrian Arab Air force(SAAF)
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 19, 2018
barineh:

All Russian planes are head aches. Ask India. And Nigeria's maintenance history isn't glorious. But they're still the best choice for us.
Multi role, single engine.... These are the magic words.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:37am On Jun 19, 2018
ocelot2006:

I would've preferred NAPALM........just to replicate their final resting place...in hell.

grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 19, 2018
bidexiii:

Now you further went calling Syrian AD obsolete.

Can you prove this?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:59am On Jun 19, 2018
Henry240:

Nobody bashed Bidexii for advocating for a new Air Defense System. In fact everybody agrees Nigeria's Air Defence needs a total overhaul.

What is wrong was to give a "No" answer to the question of whether Nigeria has a functioning Air Defense system. Yes, we have an Air Defense System irrespective of the state it's in.

Didn't an obsolete Syrian Air Defense SAM shoot down an advanced Israeli F-16I fighter jet over Israel?

Have we not seen videos of manpads shooting down SU-25s and Attack Helicopters over Syria?

Haven't AAA's targeted and in a few instances hit/or shot down Syrian fighter jets? The L-39 of the SAAF was shot down with AAAs?

So, how exactly is Bidexii's comment correct that Nigeria does not have an Air Defense System?

You throw around requirements and risks because you don't chop off your hand because your finger has an injury. It is the educated thing to do, not an emotional rant.

As a result of that threat assessment in the late 90's and early 2000's, attack helicopters were purchased. This was because the top brass found out due to the unavailablity of attack helicopters in Liberia, our air campaigns had serious shortcomings. As a result in a LICW environment which we would find ourselves we cannot perform optimally without AH's.

Providing fact based assessments is not a crime. Jeez!!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:07am On Jun 19, 2018
bidexiii:

"So, in your understanding, that denotes that the entire Syrian ADS is obsolete?".............. That comment clearly signifies "singular,one,1, specific". That's why you have "an" in the sentence.

One old SAM system shot down an Israeli jet. Think properly before responding.

You see why i said you have a comprehension problem?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:14am On Jun 19, 2018
French SF detachments of operation training (DIO) cavaloly In formation (close combat and high precision shooter) of Ivorian SF

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 19, 2018
NA, NAF and RAF

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 19, 2018

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 19, 2018
Tripod mounted EO/ device

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:38pm On Jun 19, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Nice pics
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:55pm On Jun 19, 2018
Henry240:

"So, in your understanding, that denotes that the entire Syrian ADS is obsolete?".............. That comment clearly signifies "singular,one,1, specific". That's why you have "an" in the sentence.

One old SAM system shot down an Israeli jet. Think properly before responding.

You see why i said you have a comprehension problem?

Stop displaying your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:59pm On Jun 19, 2018
#NA

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 19, 2018
bidexiii:

Stop displaying your ignorance.
Dude, i don't know how i can break-down my comment for you any further. If you no understand my post after so detailing, i seriously can't help you any further.

I wonder how it's "Ignorance", teaching you simple sentences.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 3:05pm On Jun 19, 2018
Abeg who be game lover here.... suggest for me any game like call of duty strike team....for Andriod and the link
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:29pm On Jun 19, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

OVER 2000 IDPs RETURN HOME TO GUZAMALA LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF BORNO STATE

Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) of Guzamala extraction living in Bakassi IDP Camp in Maiduguri today Tuesday 19 June 2018 commenced movement to return to their original homeland in Guzamala Local Government Area of Borno state.

The IDPs numbering about 2,043 individuals, making up 378 households constitute the first batch of IDPs who willingly expressed the desire to return to their communities to resettle and resume their traditional occupation of farming and fishing, as well as other socio-economic activities.

Speaking during the flag off of the movement at the Bakassi IDP Camp, the Theatre Commander Operation Lafiya Dole, Major General Rogers Nicholas, stated that the earnest desire of the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusuf Buratai has been to ensure that IDPs who are willing, return home to begin a normal life. He noted that the modalities to return the IDPs home was jointly worked out by the Theatre Command, the Borno State Government and the Guzamala Local Authorities. General Nicholas added that the military has reinforced security in the locality and that the traditional farm clearing ( sharandaji) to declare the farming season open has been earlier conducted in Gudumbali. He assured the returnee IDPs of adequate protection while they resettle, adding, that Operation Last Hold has been inaugurated in the theatre to operationally cover the locality and other communities.

The Theatre Commander also urged well meaning Nigerians and Non Governmental Organizations (NGOs) to support returnee IDPs with farming implements and other relief materials to enable them settle back quickly into their respective communities.

The Commissioner for Reconstruction, Rehabilitation and Resettlement to the Borno State Government, Professor Babagana Umara, stated while addressing the returnee IDPs that their resolve to return home is a welcome development that will fast track their socio-economic well-being. He assured them of the support of the Borno State Government as they return home.

Other dignitaries who graced the event were the Chairman Guzamala Local Government, Honourable Lawan Umara Zanna, representative of the Commander Operation Last Hold, Brig Gen Victor Offiong, representative of the General Officer Commanding 7 Division, Brig Gen Gbemiga Adeshina, the District Head of Guzamala Alhaji Zanna Arjinoma and Heads of Security Agencies in Borno State.

Please disseminate this information to the general public through your news medium.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Colonel Onyema Nwachukwu
Deputy Director Public Relations
Theatre Command operation Lafiya Dole

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:36pm On Jun 19, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

ARMY ARRESTS SUSPECTED MEMBERS OF A MILITIA GANG IN BENUE STATE

1. Troops of 72 and 93 Battalions have arrested two suspected members of a militia gang terrorizing residents of Katsina Ala in Benue State and its environs following a tip off.

2. Items recovered include:

a. One locally made gun.

b. One pistol.

c. Seven rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition.

d. Nine rounds of 9mm ammunition.

3. Preliminary investigation revealed that they belong to a notorious militia gang led by one Mr Gana who is now at large.

4. Efforts are on to arrest other members of the gang including their leader.

5. The public is once again reminded to report any suspicious activities in their areas to the law enforcement agents.

6.You are please requested to disseminate this information to the public.

7. Thank you for your kind cooperation.

TEXAS CHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:07pm On Jun 19, 2018
joshingjosh:
Abeg who be game lover here.... suggest for me any game like call of duty strike team....for Andriod and the link
Modern Combat series (3,4,5)

Visit YouTube for videos of Modern Combat 4
Modern Combat 5 is online
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:08pm On Jun 19, 2018
Footage From The Local Manufacturing of M-1A1 Abrams Main Battle tanks in the Egyptian army 200 Tanks Factory.

Egypt is the first country to establish Joint production-line for the US-Made Abrams tanks.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 4:16pm On Jun 19, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
Thales groups SOPHIE ZS -Hand-held MWIR long range thermal imager

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 5:04pm On Jun 19, 2018
Odunayaw:
Modern Combat series (3,4,5)

Visit YouTube for videos of Modern Combat 4
Modern Combat 5 is online

Thanks...I have played 3 and 4 but can't play 5 because it's online.......any other suggestion
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 19, 2018
joshingjosh:

Thanks...I have played 3 and 4 but can't play 5 because it's online.......any other suggestion

Oga download Call of Duty "Ghost" on PlayStore your life will never remain the same grin
Comman ask me.

But if you have not played Call of Duty "Black Ops 1&2" try playing that first before going for the much more advanced "Ghost"

Warning...!
The games are so large. If you dont have Android of atleast 2gb Ram don't bother downloading. Even with the 2gb Ram it will be kinda slow. But u will still enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 19, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
NA, NAF and RAF

Bro what rifle is that in the first pics
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 19, 2018
joshingjosh:

If you have played the COD...
Then the next best thing is this... "Sniper 3D"
You will get it too on PlayStore

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:18pm On Jun 19, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Bro what rifle is that in the first pics

That's a British L85A2 Assault Rifle

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 19, 2018
bidexiii:

That's a British L85A2 Assault Rifle

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:10pm On Jun 19, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Oga download Call of Duty "Ghost" on PlayStore your life will never remain the same grin
Comman ask me.

But if you have not played Call of Duty "Black Ops 1&2" try playing that first before going for the much more advanced "Ghost"

Warning...!
The games are so large. If you dont have Android of atleast 2gb Ram don't bother downloading. Even with the 2gb Ram it will be kinda slow. But u will still enjoy it.
Where did you get black ops
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 19, 2018
Odunayaw:
Where did you get black ops

I bought the software on my laptop.

But you can also buy the phone version Black Ops 1,2 and 3 on Softonic or PlayStore
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:00pm On Jun 19, 2018
abiodunalasa:

I bought the software on my laptop.

But you can also buy the phone version Black Ops 1,2 and 3 on Softonic or PlayStore
I used to play battlefield. Sadly my laptop is now in the hands of a burglars:'

I would find the game for android
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 19, 2018
Odunayaw:

I would find the game for android

BF too is cool but I only play when there's nothing else.
I am just playing BF 3
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 19, 2018
Odunayaw:

grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:09pm On Jun 19, 2018
nemesis8u:

grin
undecided if only you how I mourned...the damn crooks unhinged my room door! They/He/She will still die of dysentery

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.