Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,384 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (629) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3035337 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFeezy(m): 10:02am On Aug 04, 2018
ugo4u:
Last, last after amassing over 2000hours flight time on my SIM. I'll comfortably fly any general aviation aircraft maybe with at least a 100hrs conversion course to fly the F16 real life. NAF comman pick me oo, before the Russians outsmart you guys. lol

Which video game is this please?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 10:06am On Aug 04, 2018
Henry240:

The JF-17 is not all metal. It contains considerable composites.

Only Sukhoi SU-27, MIG-35, SU-30, F-22 fighters have thrust vectoring. The rest of the fighters across the world do not have thrust vectoring. I don't see how that's a disadvantage for the JF-17.

What's the radar signature of the JF-17? Provide the exact figure.

Provide evidence to support your claims that the JF-17 evolved from MIG derivatives. Do not post hearsays or your opinion.

Provide evidence from PAC or CATIC.

The JF-17 is a light weight fighter, show us evidence that it's capabilities make it useless against Germany and USA. Better still provide evidence to show it's a poor light weight fighter.

Provide fact based verifiable evidence, i don't need your emotions.
so you are saying that jf17 even block 3 is on pair with f16,f18,tornados n typhoons etc. even gripen out class the jf17.

when even tejas attains foc the jf17 is just a seating duck.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 10:29am On Aug 04, 2018
ugo4u:
True talk sha but note that the Airbus is jointly owned by European countries so it is only normal for participating countries to contribute their own quota.
During the WW1 and WW2 the Germans internally and solely developed the Luwaffe, same as the Japanese and the Americans. I am not comparing us with those nations what I'm trying to say is at our "age" we ought to have surpassed our current level. We should be able to at least effectively copy and paste a.k.a reverse engineer aircrafts which is how China became powerful. I still maintain that we have the capability of at least coupling aircrafts parts sometimes last year Innoson motors in conjunction with NAF effectively designed and overhaul the brake assembly of the MB-339 for adoption on the Alpha Jets. With serious funding in the area of research we should be at worst dragging shoulder with India.

Dude,please! Pump the brakes on these assertions! Fyi,they have THEIR OWN CHOPPER AND FSB DESIGNS IN PRODUCTION! Not 'copy paste!' Not to mention supersonic missiles,MBTs,arty,ships,subs and all their sub systems. Pls do more reading than posting til you learn the fundamentals

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 04, 2018
giles14:
so you are saying that jf17 even block 3 is on pair with f16,f18,tornados n typhoons etc. even gripen out class the jf17.

when even tejas attains foc the jf17 is just a seating duck.
He said the fighter is a poor fighter, let him proof it with verifiable evidence.

There's no basis for a comparison of a light weight fighter to a heavy weight or medium weight fighter.

The Gripen C/D and JF-17 are in the same class with overlapping or similar capabilities.

Provide evidence that the JF-17 is a sitting duck.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 11:04am On Aug 04, 2018
Henry240:

He said the fighter is a poor fighter, let him proof it with verifiable evidence.

There's no basis for a comparison of a light weight fighter to a heavy weight or medium weight fighter.

The Gripen C/D and JF-17 are in the same class with overlapping or similar capabilities.

but the gripen E/F and NG variants are far advance of any jf17 block.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 04, 2018
giles14:
but the gripen E/F and NG variants are far advance of any jf17 block.
No doubt.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 12:12pm On Aug 04, 2018
kikuyu1:

Dude,please! Pump the brakes on these assertions! Fyi,they have THEIR OWN CHOPPER AND FSB DESIGNS IN PRODUCTION! Not 'copy paste!' Not to mention supersonic missiles,MBTs,arty,ships,subs and all their sub systems. Pls do more reading than posting til you learn the fundamentals
Come out clear, what are you really saying?
Even China that is ahead of India in aerospace engineering to Copy and paste(Reverse Engineering) with permission from original owners and in some cases stole the technology from advanced countries like Russia and US. The Indians don't even have the technology to produce their own turbine engines yet.
If you talk about Brazil you would have made more sense.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2018
Henry240:

Even the migs which they copied from is less superior to the Fighting Falcon. During the Israeli vs Syria conflicts the Israelis F16s where no match for Syrians MIGs they were obliterated into nothingness.
Talk more of comparing a copy. The JF 17 has not being tested in air to air combat. The only advantage is that it is a cheaper alternative, and best for COIN operations on a less sophisticated enemy(Boko haram).

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 04, 2018
ugo4u:

Even the migs which they copied from is less superior to the Fighting Falcon. During the Israeli vs Syria conflicts the Israelis F16s where no match for Syrians MIGs they were obliterated into nothingness.
Talk more of comparing a copy. The JF 17 has not being tested in air to air combat. The only advantage is that it is a cheaper alternative, and best for COIN operations on a less sophisticated enemy(Boko haram).
Well, since you comments are purely emotional and not based on any fact, i'll let this discussion be.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by barineh(m): 12:50pm On Aug 04, 2018
ugo4u:

According to hearsay the JF17 was copied from Mig33 that never entered into production. Arab wars are not suitable wars to judge weapons for.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 1:13pm On Aug 04, 2018
ugo4u:

Come out clear, what are you really saying?
Even China that is ahead of India in aerospace engineering to Copy and paste(Reverse Engineering) with permission from original owners and in some cases stole the technology from advanced countries like Russia and US. The Indians don't even have the technology to produce their own turbine engines yet.
If you talk about Brazil you would have made more sense.

Really? Do Brazilians have their own choppers? Here are the indig Rudra and lightweight attack gunship both built by Hindustani Aeronautics limited,with most systems and sub systems also home made.
They've licence built an Akula,the Arihant but still it
is the first ballistic missile submarine to have been built by a country other than one of the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council.[1
Larsen & Toubro,the IN,Tata Power and the DRDO all collaborated.

Also a host of arty guns shown here. The IA is in the process of replacing all their INSAS rifles with the indig 7.62 MM NATO MM Excalibur for all forces.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 04, 2018
JF-17 is a copy of the MIGs, aerospace engineering is not as easy as many of us see it. Most countries do collabo to produce even an engine talk more of aircrafts. But that being said I think Nigeria can do better than mere importing, we should go into joint research with other nations.
This thread is very rich I swear, lots of educative stuff kudos to you guys. Don't let it die.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2018
GeneralFeezy:

Which video game is this please?
Microsoft X plane..
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2018
NAF QRF GUYS

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 3:08pm On Aug 04, 2018
NIGERIAN AIR FORCE FIGHTER JET DESTROYS BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS HIDEOUT AT DABAN MASARA

The Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE, on 3 August 2018, conducted a successful attack on a Boko Haram Terrorists’ (BHTs) Hideout in DABAN MASARA in BORNO State. The surgical air strikes were conducted on the strength of credible intelligence which indicated that remnants of BHTs on the Lake Chad Islands were hiding out in settlements at the Southern part of the lake, including DABAN MASARA, and were amassing in some buildings for a meeting. An air interdiction mission was therefore planned and executed to destroy 2 out of the green roofed buildings within DABAN MASARA that were identified as BHT rendezvous points.

Upon receiving the intelligence, the ATF dispatched a NAF Alpha Jet aircraft, along with an Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) platform, to attack the 2 buildings where the BHTs were gathered with bombs. Overhead the area of interest, the Alpha Jet successfully released its bombs on the targets in successive strikes leading to massive destruction of the target buildings as well as the neutralization of several BHTs.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public
Relations & Information
Nigerian Air Force

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcRDoP4qyi4

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:41pm On Aug 04, 2018
Nigerian soldiers seen receiving orders in Chinese language (Video)

https://www.akpraise.ng/nigerian-soldiers-seen-receiving-orders-in-chinese-language-video/amp/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2018
Xxxxx

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:12pm On Aug 04, 2018
nemesis8u:

Seriously they don't have the technology to produce turbine engines ?

What do u know about technology involved in turbine engines and the lack of the same with the Ind..... ?

The last few of posts u made was at the level of a kindergarten kid. So no offence sir u really should desist from such claims

This is not the thread for this discussion

Go to this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3220297/technical-discussions-international-military-equipments

And u will find all the info u can hopefully understand regarding ind... turbo engines technology .

Wow it seems @ugo4u just stepped on @nemesis8u toes grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 04, 2018
For now indians have not perfected the turbine engine yet.
Jet engines are one of the most challenging and complex machines ever made…they are really engineering marvels.Best fighter engines are produced by only a couple of companies in the world with decades of experience.
Though there are tests going on( GTRE GTX-35VS Kaveri) but they haven't broken even yet.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 04, 2018
Kkkkk

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 04, 2018
Ooo
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2018
nemesis8u:

Reminds me I really loved the days when I worked as a mason grin

Only bad thing about that job was cement is corrosive it eats into skin so u need to be careful , I used to wear gloves and boots and the fellow workers used to laugh at me , calling be a lost soul grin

Out of curiosity how much does a master mason earn in Nigeria per day ?
you were a mason? Hope you have muscles as the receipt of the job grin

Well, I don't know what a master mason is, besides over here most mason/bricklayers are freelance. Last time I was involved in building the client paid N50 per block laid..before it used to be N1500 per day or so

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2018
Huj
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2018
Odunayaw:
you were a mason? Hope you have muscles as the receipt of the job grin

Well, I don't know what a master mason is, besides over here most mason/bricklayers are freelance. Last time I was involved in building the client paid N50 per block laid..before it used to be N1500 per day or so

Even a labourer won't collect 1500 here in Abuja. The question is a bit complex because the price is not uniform in all states.

The last time I remember the Mason was 3500 with average of around 130 blocks per day. But you can also pay per block if you want the work to move faster. Some can lay around 250 blocks per day.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 04, 2018
Dgg
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 04, 2018
nemesis8u:

What is blocks ?

Bricks

You know bro, it beats my imagination how someone supposedly from Ind... spend all days, weeks and years on Nigerian Cyber Space angry
Why are you the only one here from that region if Nija Cyber space is so common over there ? And to what end are u here ?
Something is really not adding up about you sir undecided

Watch ur back ... I am coming for ass, you can count on it ! cool

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:17pm On Aug 04, 2018
iblawi:

Even a labourer won't collect 1500 here in Abuja. The question is a bit complex because the price is not uniform in all states.

The last time I remember the Mason was 3500 with average of around 130 blocks per day. But you can also pay per block if you want the work to move faster. Some can lay around 250 blocks per day.
Hence I said "before", as at 2012/13 it was N1500 in most south western states
The idea of paying per block is quite good provided you have honest, hardworking brickies. I have seen a case where one mumu laid 80 blocks and was calling it a day
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:24pm On Aug 04, 2018
nemesis8u:

Yeah grin

For pocket money and fun grin

As for the muscles well unfortunately they r kind of unavailable at present grin

I used to do that long time ago in my high school and college days during holidays etc

Master mason is the chief mason he is qualified to lead other masons and helpers

Here also almost all masons r freelance.

Block ?

We go by per square feet if we take the tender, and if we r hired on daily basis we charge at ₹ 600 per day for master mason

N 1500 = ₹ 285
There goes by dream of being a mason in Nigeria and meet all the pretty house ladies grin grin grin

My roommate over here used to be a mason so he could flex his "crush"-sadly she never noticed his intentions. However he is a muscleman now grin

Sandcrete Block as in Brick(with hollow)
We barely have industry standards here except for bigger projects.

600 rupees? that's like N3000+.
what were you expecting before ? grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2018
Cvcc
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 04, 2018
abiodunalasa:

You know bro, it beats my imagination how someone supposedly from Ind... spend all days, weeks and years on Nigerian Cyber Space angry
Why are you the only one here from that region if Nija Cyber space is so common over there ? And to what end are u here ?
Something is really not adding up about you chief undecided

Watch ur back bro... I am coming for ass, you can count on it ! cool

grin grin grin

Anyways I will going off soon won't have time to post around like now .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:11pm On Aug 04, 2018
nemesis8u:

Job in agriculture , labour intensive work like masons carpenters handyman etc is like a women without makeup , it is as good as it gets , no nasty surprises. grin

And importantly, the people u meet r more humane more responsive, friendly and down to earth , one may not earn much in money but if one is content he earns much in happiness.

Yeah, its tedious work I can testify but the only other place I would rather be is in a camouflaged uniform grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 04, 2018
Odunayaw:
Yeah, its tedious work I can testify but the only other place I would rather be is in a camouflaged uniform grin

Good luck to u for that
But as a friend my advice have a backup

(1) (2) (3) ... (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.