Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,474 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (659) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3026236 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 03, 2018
bidexiii:
Army captain, 70 others detained for trial over Maiduguri airport mutiny.

https://www.naija.ng/1189885-army-captain-70-detained-trial-maiduguri-airport-mutiny.html#1189885
So a captain was involved in that Maiduguri airport Wahala
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 03, 2018
NNSBS deployed to the Norrh East

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:34pm On Sep 03, 2018
What are those stuffs that looks like injections

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2018
bidexiii:
What are those stuffs that looks like injections
Glow sticks, they’re good for identification or marking LZ and drop zones.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:00pm On Sep 03, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Glow sticks, they’re good for identification or marking LZ and drop zones.

It's good to see our SF using tools like these; the NNSBSC are doing there best equipping these guys. The army should really learn from them.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:02pm On Sep 03, 2018
Bleep with the best and die like the rest

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2018
I have been told to get off response on the recent attack as alot of news organization are reading meaning to officers post and comment therefore twisting such information to "anonymous source, a senior officer who doesn't want to be named". I never said the 17 were killed but only evacuated as injured. How many senior officers dey zari sef?

I have been alleged that my statement is the reason why PM says 17 more soldiers have been evacuated and also claimed the evacuated were dead. PT, my comment here doesn't represent the official view of the Nigerian military. I have zero idea about the state of the evacuated soldiers either dead or alive. Pm has something against the military by posting unverified news. Pictures of officers who died from different ops are also being paraded as officers attached to the base at Zari.

1) The base was attacked and troops fought gallantly to repel the attack.
2) the Nigerian Airforce ISR video was even released before any media announced of the attack at Zari.
3) ATF conducted CAS and bokoharam on sighting the aircrafts withdrew from the location.
4) I have no idea on how the firefight went between the government troops and non state actors.

To conclude, posts are of my opinion and views alone. Not to sound too biased, I post both on the problems in this war so as to enable the big guns rectify some issues and I also post the success stories from the Nigerian military which your media has refused to post.

Any life lost will be made known by the authority and I affirm that I haven't seen a single dead officer of the Nigerian military since I arrived Zari. I counted 46 dead bokoharam members who got into the line of fire of the gallant troops on duty.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 03, 2018
I heard we re 44th in the world by military firepower. And 4th in Africa..

Not bad in my opinion..

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2018
allexpensive:
I have been told to get off response on the recent attack as alot of news organization are reading meaning to officers post and comment therefore twisting such information to "anonymous source, a senior officer who doesn't want to be named". I never said the 17 were killed but only evacuated as injured. How many senior officers dey zari sef?

I have been alleged that my statement is the reason why PM says 17 more soldiers have been evacuated and also claimed the evacuated were dead. PT, my comment here doesn't represent the official view of the Nigerian military. I have zero idea about the state of the evacuated soldiers either dead or alive. Pm has something against the military by posting unverified news. Pictures of officers who died from different ops are also being paraded as officers attached to the base at Zari.

2) the Nigerian Airforce ISR video was even released before any media announced of the attack at Zari.
3) ATF conducted CAS and bokoharam on sighting the aircrafts withdrew from the location.
4) I have no idea on how the firefight went between the government troops and non state actors.

To conclude, posts are of my opinion and views alone. Not to sound too biased, I post both on the problems in this war so as to enable the big guns rectify some issues and I also post the success stories from the Nigerian military which your media has refused to post.

Any life lost will be made known by the authority and I affirm that I haven't seen a single dead officer of the Nigerian military since I arrived Zari. I counted 46 dead bokoharam members who got into the line of fire of the gallant troops on duty.

I've said it severally here that our media houses are only interested in bad news even if they come from unverifiable sources. The bad news seems to be what earn them the cash and respect they want.

I've not seen any media house giving scores of boko haram members that died in the recent attack.

My advice for Nigerian military is that they should also try to spend cash on PR. Without money your views won't get to the public.

Another thing you need to consider is that some people here don't understand some abbreviations like the KIA you used in your post. Many might not know what you were trying to say was no soldier was KILLED IN ACTION. Probably, the person though you said 17 were killed and were evacuated.

Many lazy journalist come to nairaland to pick stories and they develop them based on their imagination instead of doing a proper job.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 5:05pm On Sep 03, 2018
Which part is not bad? 4th in Africa or 44th in the world? For a country of almost 200 million people, it's incredibly poor, we can do better.

krattoss:
I heard we re 44th in the world by military firepower. And 4th in Africa..

Not bad in my opinion..

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:07pm On Sep 03, 2018
allexpensive:

Too bad and dissappointing
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:19pm On Sep 03, 2018
Recognizing that I volunteered as a Special Force fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of my .Special Force
Acknowledging the fact that a Special Force more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air, I accept the fact that as a Special Force country expects me to move further, faster, and fight harder than any other soldier.
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong, and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one hundred percent and then some.
Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well trained soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress, and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.
Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Special Force word . I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.
Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Special Force objective and complete the mission, though I be the lone survivor.
,Special Force lead the way. Other Fallow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:22pm On Sep 03, 2018
REMARKS BY THE SPECIAL GUEST OF HONOUR THE HONOURABLE MINISTER OF DEFENCE MASUR MUHAMMED DAN-ALI AT THE COMMISSIONING CEREMONY OF 6 FAST PATROL CRAFT AT THE NAVAL DOCKYARD LIMITED LAGOS ON MONDAY 3 SEPTEMBER 2018

1. I am most delighted and honoured to be in your midst this morning to witness the commissioning of these 6 Fast Patrol Craft and 10 Rigid Hull Inflatable Boats (RHIBS), which are about to be inducted into the Nigerian Navy fleet. I thank the Chief of the Naval Staff, his officers and men for the honour of inviting me to this occasion as the Special Guest of Honour. I join him to welcome and appreciate other eminent Nigerians for being here to accord this ground breaking achievement that deserved recognition. I specially appreciate in a special way the esteemed personal presence of His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Lagos State Chief Akinwunmi Ambode, CDS and representatives of Service Chiefs, Captains of industry and other dignitaries who have continued to remain true and committed to the Nigerian Navy’s dream.

2. The reality of today, expose our dear nation to be challenged by multi-faceted threats from both continental and maritime fronts, with attendant grave manifestations and Increasing threats to maritime security. Those poses a huge challenge that negates the vast potentials of the nation's maritime domain and the Gulf of Guinea region in supporting the prosperity and wellbeing of states and their people. The peaceful use and maintenance of rule of law and order in this expanse have been afflicted by cross-border threats which constrain investment and economic development. Criminalities like piracy, sea robbery and attack on strategic oil installations have complicated the nation’s maritime security environment and threaten with dire consequences, the overall wellbeing of the nation. For a littoral state with huge dependence on her offshore resources, maritime security is vital to the nation’s well-being. Against this background of threats the entire nation would invariably be at risky situation if we do not insist on a motivated and virile navy like ours.

3. I must at this point pay great tribute to the leadership of our leader President Muhammadu Buhari, officers and men of the Nigerian Armed Forces for their heroic response to the scourge of insecurity in the nation and in particular our maritime domain. I also acknowledge your tremendous efforts in prosecuting oil theft, piracy and other economic and environmental crimes that have seen to their substantial reduction and the strengthening of the stakeholders' confidence on freedom of navigation in our waters. In this regard, I note with satisfaction that, in synergy with the other Armed Forces, the Navy has continued to maintain effective deterrence and appropriate operational posture.

4. The induction of the platforms today is in line with the current administration’s promise to keep our nation safe. This commissioning ceremony is yet another demonstration of this administration resolve of protecting the nation’s maritime domain through the provision of appropriate military platforms and operating equipment also to the credit of His Excellency President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration. It is my sincere hope that these new additions to the fleet will boost the operational capability of the Nigerian Navy, especially in the effort to stamp out the various threats prevalent in our maritime environment.

5. Additionally, it is crucial that we make progress in the provision of peace and order in our maritime domain. The dependence of the nation’s economy on offshore resources as well as the enormous potentials of the maritime sector to contribute to national food security and employment generation makes this highly imperative. Thus the centrality of maritime security for national development commend the maintenance of a virile Navy notwithstanding the tremendous cost implied. Quite happily, this ceremony exemplarily falls in tune with this expectation.

6. Accordingly, I am also obliged to commend the administration of His Excellency President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR for staying true to its policy of providing an enabling maritime environment for improved commerce and shipping in the ongoing efforts to diversify the economy. The procurement of these vessels by the Ministry of Defence again demonstrates this administration’s unwavering commitment and willingness towards strengthening the Navy through provision of modern operating equipment and infrastructure.

7. Your Excellencies, distinguished ladies and gentlemen, before I conclude this address, let me at this juncture again observed with satisfaction the Navy’s strive to provide a broader framework for synergizing actions in the maritime domain with the community of maritime stakeholders. The increased role and involvement of the Nigerian Navy in strengthening maritime security has been in strong evidence over the past few years. I salute your doggedness to protect the Nigerian coastal and offshore assets against attacks and threats. Today, the Government has acted again to strengthen your hand in this crusade. It is my hope that these boats will be professionally committed and put to the best rewarding use. Thank you once more for the honour of inviting me to launch them. I welcome once again our invited guests.

Thank you all, God bless and Onward Together.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:24pm On Sep 03, 2018
Photos....

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:25pm On Sep 03, 2018
More..

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:26pm On Sep 03, 2018
Conclusion....

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 6:42pm On Sep 03, 2018
bidexiii:
Recognizing that I volunteered as a Special Force fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of my .Special Force
Acknowledging the fact that a Special Force more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air, I accept the fact that as a Special Force country expects me to move further, faster, and fight harder than any other soldier.
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong, and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one hundred percent and then some.
Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well trained soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress, and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.
Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Special Force word . I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.
Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Special Force objective and complete the mission, though I be the lone survivor.
,Special Force lead the way. Other Fallow
oga bidex, airforce is it the airforce regiment?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 03, 2018
bidexiii:
More..
Finally. Those hosts have been parked therr since April.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 03, 2018
The Nigerian Navy on Monday said it had inducted over 200 assorted boats into the naval platforms in the last two years.

The Chief of Naval Staff, Ibok Ibas, made the disclosure in Lagos during the inauguration of six fast patrol crafts and eight inflatable boats at the Naval Dockyard Limited, Victoria Island, Lagos.

Mr Ibas said the 200 assorted boats were inducted among other recapitalisation attainment within two years, adding that the ocean had become the primary conduit of international trade and central to the global economy.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/282383-nigerian-navy-inducts-over-200-assorted-boats-in-two-years.html

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:24pm On Sep 03, 2018
lebuhsi:

oga bidex, airforce is it the airforce regiment?

Yeah.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 8:22pm On Sep 03, 2018
bidexiii:
Conclusion....
are this the Ocea FPB 72 Fast Patrol Boat? if there are
y then are bearing different names?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by saintjoel(m): 10:46pm On Sep 03, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLRIl2HbKwE

Motorcycle mounted minigun....

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
giles14:
are this the Ocea FPB 72 Fast Patrol Boat? if there are
y then are bearing different names?

Yeah they are fast patrol boats.

Every navy vessels/boats are given names. It's a popular culture praticised in most Navy .

They can't be given the same name, serial numbers and names are given for easy identification ; although the 6 are the same type of patrol boats.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 04, 2018
What’s going on here

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 12:09pm On Sep 04, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
What’s going on here
illegal mining site
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 12:29pm On Sep 04, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
What’s going on here
I think that's a mine 1 of those littering zamfara state.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2018
giles14:
I think that's a mine 1 of those littering zamfara state.
iblawi:
illegal mining site

Mining what ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 1:57pm On Sep 04, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Mining what ?

that's not a trench either
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 04, 2018
giles14:

that's not a trench either
I agree it’s a mine, I mean what could they be mining
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

I agree it’s a mine, I mean what could they be mining
zamfara has a lot of minerals like gold
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Phythondancer(f): 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
What’s going on here
mining site.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 8:05pm On Sep 04, 2018
giles14:
zamfara has a lot of minerals like gold

Phythondancer:
mining site.

Illegal gold mining is what you find mostly in zamfara but this place looks more lik kastina.

(1) (2) (3) ... (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.