Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (713) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3028127 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by HORRORIZON: 2:11am On Nov 06, 2018
bidexiii:
Troops of 117 Task Force Battalion Dislodge BHTs at Mude Village in Borno State. Troops of 117 Task Force Battalion Chibok in conjunction with members of CJTF and vigilantes on fighting patrol dislodged BHTs at Mude, a village ahead of Gumsuri in Borno State. The terrorists fled in disarray on sighting the gallant troops and most of them escaped with gunshot wounds.Items recovered include:

7 X AK Rifle, 3 X Magazine, 1 X RPG Tube, 1 X RPG Bomb, 1 X Double Barrel Gun and 7 X Bicycle. Medical Equipment and accessories include 2 X Nylon Sutures, 3 X Fortified Procaine Penicillin, 1 X B-Complex, 1 X Chloroquine, 1 X Stethoscope, 1 X Stitch Forcep, 1 X Alice, 1 X Artery Forcep, 1 X Sponge Holding Forcep, 2 X Disecting Forcep, 1 X Lidoncain, 2 X Needle/Syringe, 1 X Gentamicin, 2 X Hand Gloves, 1 X First Aid Box and cotton Wool. Other items include blanket and sleeping kits. Pictures below.

I find it hilarious that they always say that they've escape with gunshot wounds. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 3:41am On Nov 06, 2018
right? hahaha, in most countries, cops will lock down an entire neighborhood just to apprehend a shoplifter, in our case, once a suspect is out of site, we stop chasing them lol.
People with gunshot wounds can't get that far, unless they disappear into thin air, I'm sick of reading that silly statement over and over

HORRORIZON:

I find it hilarious that they always say that they've escape with gunshot wounds. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:28am On Nov 06, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

ARMY, CUSTOMS SEEKS COLLABORATION

1. The Nigerian Army has resolved to collaborate with the Nigeria Customs Service for optimal performance. The Acting General Officer Commanding (GOC) 7 Division Brigadier General Abdulmalik Bulama Biu, made this known on Friday 2 November 2018, during an operational study tour of participants of senior course 2 of the Nigeria Customs’ Command and Staff College Gwagwalada Abuja, to Headquarters 7 Division Maimalari Cantonment Maiduguri.

2. He informed the team that the Division is the eye of the Army in the fight against insurgency in the North East, stressing that customs has a long standing mutual working relationship with the Division and is committed to maintaining the ties.

3. He stated that the fight against insurgency is not the sole responsibility of one service alone since the war is multidimensional and dynamic in nature.

4. The Acting GOC, urged the participants to make use of the information provided during the study tour in the production of good research work that will enhance the optimal performance of personnel deployed within the theatre.

5. Earlier, the leader of the delegation and Deputy Commandant Adewale Bashir Adeniyi stated that, the students' tour of the Division is to afford them an understanding of the operational strategies applied by the Division in combating Boko Haram and the challenges associated with asymmetric warfare.

6. He added that, the visit is to further prepare the Custom officers for command responsibilities in the event of their deployment to the theatre.

7. He also reiterated that, the study tour is in line with the Comptroller General of Customs Colonel Hameed Ali commitment to reposition the service for optimal performance, resulting in the attachment of a technical assistant team to assist in areas of training.

8. He emphasized that, the Customs-Army collaboration has yielded positive results in the performance of command duties and responsibilities of the pioneer custom officers of the college.

9. Highlights of the visit include, inspection of Quarter Guard by the Deputy Commandant of the College, operational brief among others. Present during the visit were some Principal Staff Officers and Commanders of the Division.

10. You are please requested to disseminate this information through your medium to the general public.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

TEXAS CHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:31am On Nov 06, 2018
HORRORIZON:

Yes these is actually true in most scenario, they don't like leaving there dead or wounded behind.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:36am On Nov 06, 2018
Sizzorkay:
right? hahaha, in most countries, cops will lock down an entire neighborhood just to apprehend a shoplifter, in our case, once a suspect is out of site, we stop chasing them lol.
People with gunshot wounds can't get that far, unless they disappear into thin air, I'm sick of reading that silly statement over and over

Look at you..... I can't believe you are the one saying these. These are not culprits neither shoplifter, these are terrorist you are going after.
And tell me where are you locking down, the whole Sambisa forest with hundreds of rat roots
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:42am On Nov 06, 2018
#SF
#SBS & #AFSF GUYS
#NIGERIAN MILITARY FINEST

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:45am On Nov 06, 2018
Furck with the best
Die like the rest

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 6:52am On Nov 06, 2018
You aren't getting my point lol, I meant what ever happened to pursuit? Each wounded terrorist that escape gets to come back to fight another day, eliminating such escape means they don't get to fight another day, that's all I'm saying, and definitely not saying it's easy, its just too often we hear people escaping with gunshot wounds, where are they escaping to exactly

bidex111:

Look at you..... I can't believe you are the one saying these. These are not culprits neither shoplifter, these are terrorist you are going after.
And tell me where are you locking down, the whole Sambisa forest with hundreds of rat roots
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 6:53am On Nov 06, 2018
And of course I'm no expert, before the less tolerant folks come on to bite my head off, just having a convo
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:10am On Nov 06, 2018
Sizzorkay:
You aren't getting my point lol, I meant what ever happened to pursuit? Each wounded terrorist that escape gets to come back to fight another day, eliminating such escape means they don't get to fight another day, that's all I'm saying, and definitely not saying it's easy, its just too often we hear people escaping with gunshot wounds, where are they escaping to exactly

Yeap you are right, going after them and eliminating those trying to escape but the risk of running into an ambush is higher.

It's either you are defending your base or on a patrol missions and leaving your course/objective mission in pursuit of BHT is not safe.

In these type of scenario, ISR missions are done over such areas in search of fleeing terrorist, then dedicated forces are sent after them.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 7:36am On Nov 06, 2018
Makes sense
bidex111:

Yeap you are right, going after them and eliminating those trying to escape but the risk of running into an ambush is higher.

It's either you are defending your base or on a patrol missions and leaving your course/objective mission in pursuit of BHT is not safe.

In these type of scenario, ISR missions are done over such areas in search of fleeing terrorist, then dedicated forces are sent after them.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 9:24am On Nov 06, 2018
#NNSBSC

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 06, 2018
bidexiii:

He didn't escape.

The Vice president was on of the who facilitated is exile out of the country for peace sake.
hmm...why will the leader of a terrorist group be helped by the government to invade justice

The kin news person dey hear and read for this Nigeria sef, how about those people that stood as surety for him, what will happen to them
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 06, 2018
bidexiii:
ADDRESS BY THE CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF LIEUTENANT GENERAL TUKUR YUSUF BURATAI AT THE OCCASION OF THE GROUND BREAKING CEREMONY OF THE NIGERIA ARMY UNIVERSITY BIU
ON 30 OCTOBER 2018

It is with great joy, privilege and honour that I stand before you today at the Presidential Ground breaking ceremony of the Nigerian Army University, Biu. Whenever a national army, such as the Nigerian Army leaves its professional domain of legal exhibition of violence and starts thinking, acting, researching and venturing into academic and intellectual affairs, it tends to arouse societal attention principally because an army of a nation is basically, professionally established to fight adversaries, defend the nation, secure and contribute to the development of the nation and its citizens.

It is in the context of the aforementioned facts that the leadership of the Nigerian Army conceptualized and articulated ideas which led to the establishment of the Nigerian Army University Biu.

National Armies of the 21st century are ICT- compliant, technology-based and science-prone establishments. The Nigerian Army need not be left out in this regard. The test of credibility of the Nigerian Army when supported by the university will therefore not only rely on its capability and capacity to execute legal violence in defending and securing the Nigerian nation, but also, its ability to contribute to her equipment replenishments which would add to national economic development.

This envisioned university would develop the Nigerian Army capacity to compete professionally and responsively with other armies of the world. These noble objectives are the precipitating ingredients which crystallized the founding of the Nigerian Army University Biu. It is my hope that with the support of relevant stakeholders in the founding of the University, the principal which is the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, the noble objectives of the university will be achieved.

The Nigerian Army is highly grateful to the President, Commander-in-Chief, the Federal Executive Council, the Minister of Defence, the Federal Ministry of Education, the National Universities Commission as also the Tertiary Education Trust Fund for their roles in the establishment of this unique, Nigerian Army technology-driven university.

Let me at this juncture specially appreciate His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Borno State, Alhaji Kashim Shettima, for graciously giving us this land of 5,000 hectres to build this great institution. My special thanks also go to His Royal Highness Alhaji Umar Mai Mustapha Aliyu, the Emir of Biu for his kind support towards the establishment of this university.

I will not fail to appreciate the Implementation Committee, the Nigerian Army University Biu Steering Committee and The University Transitional Governing Council headed by Maj Gen MA Efeovbokhan (rtd) who worked tirelessly to see that the establishment of NAUB comes to fruition. I also appreciate the Chairman of Fordmax Nigeria Limited, Mr Jack Rich, the NDDC, Total E and P, International Oil Companies and other organizations who have contributed immensely towards the smooth take off of this university. Last but not the least, I want to appreciate the prominent sons and daughters of Biu and Borno State at large for your warmth, hospitality and support to the Nigerian Army.

Your Excellency, the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, sir, distinguished ladies and gentlemen, I thank you all for honouring our invitation.
May God bless us all.
Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Long Live the Nigerian Army.
why is it that Federal character is not applied when military schools location is been considered Or is there a security risk if some of this schools are built in the south undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 06, 2018
bidex111:

Yes these is actually true in most scenario, they don't like leaving there dead or wounded behind.

Boss man is custom service also at the frontlines? If yes, can we get pictures?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:03pm On Nov 06, 2018
BabaOwen:
hmm...why will the leader of a terrorist group be helped by the government to invade justice

The kin news person dey hear and read for this Nigeria sef, how about those people that stood as surety for him, what will happen to them
This means you don't know what a golden handshake means.

Anyway,welcome to the the real world. How was your time in the ideal world grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 3:11pm On Nov 06, 2018
BabaOwen:

In my own opinion his not a terrorist or the leader of a terrorist group. He is just a voiceless lion seeking for attention.

They just need to sneak him out of the country for peace sake. If his imprison then we have too much protest every where just look at the Shiite protest, imagine the Shiite and Biafrans are protecting the same time . There might be a serious security bridge and collapse of government structures in some states.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 3:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
Perfectdanny:

Boss man is custom service also at the frontlines? If yes, can we get pictures?

Not really in the front lines. They are mounting only borders/check points together with the military guys.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 3:44pm On Nov 06, 2018
This is Capt. Zakari Sani.

He got ambushed alongside his soldiers few months back in Benue by terrorists,he is the only surviving soldier,the first hospital he was taken to carried out wrong surgeries on him,they couldn’t even identify the problem...
Thread:
For months he is not responding to treatment,he was later referred back to Ceda crest hospital in Abuja by the Army,where he is currently bed ridden,still not responding to treatment thou it’s a better hospital,his relatives where advised to take him out of the country. All efforts to fly him out were in vain because Nigerian army refused,A family friend who is a Federal Member representing Sabon Gari Constituency, Zaria decided to speak to the Chairman, House committee on Defense, there is still no positive result,this guy is dying.
Please Nigeria Army you might have protocols of treating your soldiers abroad,but Zakari is not responding to treatment here,don’t allow this innocent soul to die,he got a bomb attack in Maiduguri 2014,it took you guys one year before taking him to India,don’t repeat same mistake

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 3:48pm On Nov 06, 2018
NAF DESTROYS BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS CAMP, NEUTRALIZES SEVERAL TERRORISTS AT NGWURI GANA IN BORNO STATE

In continuation of operations to seek out and destroy remnants of Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) in the North East, the Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE yesterday, 5 November 2018, destroyed a BHT Camp and neutralized several terrorists at Ngwuri Gana in Borno State. The operation was carried out based on human intelligence reports indicating that the settlement was one of the locations from where BHTs launch attacks against own troops’ positions and villages around the general area of Kumshe. Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions later confirmed the presence of a large number of BHTs in the settlement and also identified a suspected Communications Centre with BHT flag and solar panels mounted. Accordingly, the ATF launched a coordinated attack on various targets within the settlement employing Alpha Jet and F-7Ni aircraft as well as Mi-35 attack helicopters leading to the destruction of BHT Communication Centre and neutralization of several BHTs.

The NAF, working in concert with surface forces, will sustain the tempo of operations with a view to destroying all remnants of the terrorists in Borno State.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mnz8OZq3bM

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 06, 2018
Algerian army

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2018
bidex111:

He got ambushed alongside his soldiers few months back in Benue by terrorists,he is the only surviving soldier,the first hospital he was taken to carried out wrong surgeries on him,they couldn’t even identify the problem...
Thread:
For months he is not responding to treatment,he was later referred back to Ceda crest hospital in Abuja by the Army,where he is currently bed ridden,still not responding to treatment thou it’s a better hospital,his relatives where advised to take him out of the country. All efforts to fly him out were in vain because Nigerian army refused,A family friend who is a Federal Member representing Sabon Gari Constituency, Zaria decided to speak to the Chairman, House committee on Defense, there is still no positive result,this guy is dying.
Please Nigeria Army you might have protocols of treating your soldiers abroad,but Zakari is not responding to treatment here,don’t allow this innocent soul to die,he got a bomb attack in Maiduguri 2014,it took you guys one year before taking him to India,don’t repeat same mistake

Good God!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 06, 2018
bidex111:

Thread:

gbomgboclack shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 6:54pm On Nov 06, 2018
bidex111:
NAF DESTROYS BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS CAMP, NEUTRALIZES SEVERAL TERRORISTS AT NGWURI GANA IN BORNO STATE

In continuation of operations to seek out and destroy remnants of Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) in the North East, the Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE yesterday, 5 November 2018, destroyed a BHT Camp and neutralized several terrorists at Ngwuri Gana in Borno State. The operation was carried out based on human intelligence reports indicating that the settlement was one of the locations from where BHTs launch attacks against own troops’ positions and villages around the general area of Kumshe. Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions later confirmed the presence of a large number of BHTs in the settlement and also identified a suspected Communications Centre with BHT flag and solar panels mounted. Accordingly, the ATF launched a coordinated attack on various targets within the settlement employing Alpha Jet and F-7Ni aircraft as well as Mi-35 attack helicopters leading to the destruction of BHT Communication Centre and neutralization of several BHTs.

The NAF, working in concert with surface forces, will sustain the tempo of operations with a view to destroying all remnants of the terrorists in Borno State.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mnz8OZq3bM

What happens to people held in captivity in such camps we raid by air? if this has been the practice, why bother looking for Chibok girls when we raid camps like this?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:56pm On Nov 06, 2018
#BurkinaFaso: Two soldiers killed and three wounded by IED detonation this afternoon in the area of Nassoumbou, #Soum Province

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:01pm On Nov 06, 2018
jpphilips:

What happens to people held in captivity in such camps we raid by air? if this has been the practice, why bother looking for Chibok girls when we raid camps like this?

Isn't it on of the major reason why the airforce carry out ISR missions, is anything wrong with the practice.

The NAF as released video of BHT holding captives in there camps in the time past, resulting to them no carrying out targeted strikes.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:05pm On Nov 06, 2018
jpphilips:

guess you didn't read this
The operation was carried out based on human intelligence reports indicating that the settlement was one of the locations from where BHTs launch attacks against own troops’ positions and villages around the general area of Kumshe. Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions later confirmed the presence of a large number of BHTs in the settlement and also identified a suspected Communications Centre with BHT flag and solar panels mounted.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:22pm On Nov 06, 2018
OFF TOPIC

In any Paris Monoprix supermarket, you can now buy siwaks - sticks for dental hygiene made famous by Abubakar Shekau of #BokoHaram fame. #Globalizationrocks. Or is that #hipsterization?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:24pm On Nov 06, 2018
#MinisterOfInterior with Gen. Baldwin of the CNG today at the #MOI

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:33pm On Nov 06, 2018
Chairman House Committee on Internal Security in the federal house and deputy chairman Committee on Trade, Customs and Free Movement of Persons at the ECOWAS Parliament recieved Maj. Gen. David Baldwin TAG of CNG today in his office in preparatory meeting with the HMOI at the #MOI

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 06, 2018
bidex111:
OFF TOPIC

In any Paris Monoprix supermarket, you can now buy siwaks - sticks for dental hygiene made famous by Abubakar Shekau of #BokoHaram fame. #Globalizationrocks. Or is that #hipsterization?

Siwak is used from antiquity in india and arabian pininsula and the islam prophet mohamed advised to use it too thats why it arrived to all muslims countries to shekau, paris ect... Where there is a muslim community .

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 06, 2018
bidex111:
OFF TOPIC

If I could get to u , I would have pulled ur ears kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: abbati19 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.