Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (716) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3027511 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 9:11pm On Nov 08, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
NAF regmt then (2013) vs now

grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 10:15pm On Nov 08, 2018
NIGHT angry
AND
DAY
grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 1:08am On Nov 09, 2018
CAMEROONIAN NAVY PARTICIPATING IN GRAND AFRICAN NEMO ORGANIZED BY THE FRENCH NAVY

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:29am On Nov 09, 2018
BRITISH MONARCH HONOURS FALLEN NIGERIAN HEROES OF WORLD WARS

His Royal Highness, the Prince of Wales, Prince Charles has on Thursday 8 November 2018 laid wreath in honour of gallant Nigerian military contingent who paid the supreme sacrifices as part of British Forces during the First and Second World War. The wreath laying was performed at the monument of the Commonwealth war graves, National Military Cemetery, Abuja.

The Honourable Minister of Defence, Mansur Dan-Ali, also laid wreath at the Memorial as part of the official engagement of the British Royal’s visit to Nigeria. These military veterans, who fell in action, were among 90,000 African Contingents that fought as part of the British Forces during both World Wars.

Meanwhile, the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai, Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Defence, Mrs Nuratu Batagarawa, and the National Chairman Nigeria Legion, Brig Gen AJ Akpa (Rtd) were among the dignitaries that witnessed the ceremonial wreath laying.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:33am On Nov 09, 2018
Boko Haram 'Kills' Some Soldiers, 'Injures' An Officer In Raid On Borno Town

"They killed some soldiers while others, including an officer, sustained gunshot wounds. It was a brutal attack; they came solely for our troops, not civilian," said the source. Read more: http://saharareporters.com/2018/11/07/boko-haram-kills-some-soldiers-injures-officer-raid-borno-town
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:35am On Nov 09, 2018
EXCLUSIVE: Boko Haram Releases Video Of How It Overran The Army In Kumshe

In the latest propaganda video released by the Abubakar Shakau faction of Boko Haram, its fighters were seen assembled and driving Hilux vans painted in military colours, wielding assault rifles, as they attacked a military facility in ‘Kumshe’, Borno State. Read more:http://saharareporters.com/2018/11/08/exclusive-boko-haram-releases-video-how-it-overran-army-kumshe
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 8:46am On Nov 09, 2018
#AFSF

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 4:53pm On Nov 09, 2018
OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS: NAF PROVIDES SPORTS COMPLEX FOR TROOPS IN MAIDUGURI

The current Nigerian Air Force (NAF) leadership under the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Baba Abubakar, considers physical fitness vital to maintaining mental fitness and reducing operational stress. Consequently, in order to ensure frontline troops maintain a high level of physical and mental alertness, the CAS has provided a Sports Complex at the 105 Composite Group Maiduguri, home of the Air Task Force of Operation Lafiya Dole. The Complex comprises a fully equipped gym as well as a mini-football pitch with AstroTurf and standard volleyball, basketball and handball/badminton courts. These recreational facilities have improved the welfare of the frontline troops, thereby enhancing effectiveness and efficiency of air operations in the North East.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 4:57pm On Nov 09, 2018
PHOTOS

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2018
Concl

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 09, 2018
grin

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:00pm On Nov 09, 2018
krattoss:
grin

grin grin

But the illustration is totally wrong you know.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 7:25pm On Nov 09, 2018
bidex111:

grin grin

But the illustration is totally wrong you know.
Lmao, of course he knows Bide. grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lexykeyz(m): 10:27am On Nov 10, 2018
Good day all, pls i need help in getting a guarantor for my navy airforce and army forms respectively.
Any ideas on how i will get it pls?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kenpaul0: 1:28pm On Nov 10, 2018
Go this from a friend who has connects to peeps in the NE.........6 months ago swordfish asked me how many soldiers does the Nigeria army recruit per year..I said I wasn't sure..he said that's the number BH recruits monthly. My jaws dropped..
I know they make a lot of money from kidnapping and pay good salaries.I have reasons to believe there is another source of funding... Just start thinking along this line for a while

bidex111:

"They killed some soldiers while others, including an officer, sustained gunshot wounds. It was a brutal attack; they came solely for our troops, not civilian," said the source. Read more: http://saharareporters.com/2018/11/07/boko-haram-kills-some-soldiers-injures-officer-raid-borno-town
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 2:57pm On Nov 10, 2018
PRESS RELEASE
NAF AIR STRIKES NEUTRALIZE SEVERAL BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS AT TALALA IN BORNO STATE

The Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE has neutralized several Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) in air strikes conducted yesterday, 9 November 2018, at Talala in Borno State. The operation was carried out following credible intelligence reports indicating that the BHTs appeared to have relocated some of their fighters from the fringes of Lake Chad in Northern Borno to establish new camps along the Talala-Ajigin-Buk axis of the State. Accordingly, following series of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance missions which confirmed the presence of significant number of BHT fighters residing in makeshift shelters, camouflaged under thick vegetation on the outskirts of Talala, the ATF dispatched 2 Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Alpha Jet aircraft to attack the Camp in multiple waves, leading to destruction of some of the structures and killing of several BHTs.

The NAF, working in concert with surface forces, will sustain the tempo of operations in order to destroy all remnants of the terrorists in Borno State.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 3:11pm On Nov 10, 2018
NIGERIAN AIR FORCE INTERNATIONAL AIR POWER SEMINAR 2018

The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Baba Abubakar, is pleased to inform the general public that the maiden edition of the Nigerian Air Force International Air Power Seminar 2018 will take place at the Nigerian Air Force Officers’ Mess and Suites, Kado, Abuja from 19 - 21 November 2018. The theme of the Seminar is “Air Power in Irregular Warfare: A Framework for Understanding and Responding”.

The Seminar will provide a forum for experienced practitioners of air power across the globe to interact with air power practitioners in the Nigerian Air Force. The President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, will be the Special Guest of Honour at the Seminar, which will also feature Cultural Night and Historical Photo Gallery. Attendance is strictly by invitation.

Nigerian Air Force, Willing, Able, Ready!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6OvA2MdDdU

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by HORRORIZON: 4:04pm On Nov 10, 2018
bidex111:

Funny how all of you skated on by this continuous issue without comment. As long as these type of incidents continue to take place no one will ever take your military serious. This should no t be happening on such a regular basis as it does.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:08pm On Nov 10, 2018
JUST IN: At about 10p.m on 9 Nov 2018, Troops of 25 Task Force Brigade Chibok and 28 Task Force Brigade Damboa on Joint Clearance Operations from Gumsuri to Gambori in Borno State successfully cleared and liberated the following villages; Litawa Kashmiri,Dole, Mulimari, Mudachira, Njaba, Bale and Gambori. During the Operations, they engaged elements of BHTs at Mude. However, the terrorists fled in disarray due to superior firepower leaving behind the following items. 17 BICYCLES, 1 SMALL SOLAR PANEL, 2 TECNO PHONES, SET OF BICYCLE SPOKES (NEW), 12 TOUCH LIGHTs,5 ADORLINE BODY JELLY, 1 UNICEF BAG BLUE, SOME FOODSTUFFs, USED SPINERS, CLOTHS, 4 MOSQUITO NETS, 4 LItre JERRICAN OF Petrol, 10 BLANKETS AND 8 PRAYER MATS. Pictures below:

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:09pm On Nov 10, 2018
GOODWILL MESSAGE TO THE GALLANT TROOPS IN THE NORTH EAST BY CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF LT GEN TY BURATAI NAM GSS psc (+) ndc (BD) OMM (BR) FCMH FNHAM BA (Hons) MA MPhil

1. I seize this opportunity to remind you of the encouragement and commitment of President Muhammadu Buhari to provide the resources and enabling environment in the discharge of our duties which he elucidated in his remarks during the recently launched Armed Forces and Remembrance Day Emblem Appeal Fund 2019. I therefore wish to thank Mr President for his continuous support and encouragement and to also commend the efforts, resilience and sacrifices made by all of us including those that have paid the supreme sacrifice to ensure that Nigeria remains indivisible and secured. However, the recent sporadic skirmishes from the BHTs should be seen as a desperate effort from a highly degraded and expiring adversary striving to maintain its notoriety and portray itself as formidable and cohesive; something that is completely false. It is merely the “last kicks of a dying horse”. We have achieved great successes over the BHTs. Thus, absolute and conclusive victory is just inches away. Let us therefore not relent in our gallant efforts and draw back the hands of the clock.

2. The NA is not known for cowardly behaviour. We have contained several incursions and several security challenges bedevilling our dear country within the last 3 years and now would not be an exception. Consequently, any soldier that turns away in the face of enemy incursion would be appropriately sanctioned and made to face Field Court Martial in accordance with our extant laws. As you are all aware; the consequences could be grave. Do not be complacent by being contented with repelling their attacks, instead, go after them, capture them, and when absolutely necessary, be decisive with the daring ones. Some women and children have been held captive, you are therefore to ensure that adequate rules of engagement are employed to extricate them before any offensive action.

3. As your COAS, I have never relented in my pursuits of ensuring that your welfare is adequately catered for. To this end, I have directed that your allowances are paid regularly as and when due. I have also directed that troops’ rotation be carried out as scheduled. As soldiers in battle, I am aware of the effects of battle fatigue. Consequently, I have also directed that passes be issued to officers and soldiers that require same to visit their families. Recall that I approved the special promotion of more than 5000 troops for gallantry. Be rest assured that the process is continuous. Your kitting has also been improved drastically. Special uniform allowance was paid a month ago directly into your individual accounts. Through the various intervention programmes to the NA by the government, the stock of arms and ammunition has greatly improved. Just recently, the NA took delivery of large consignment of high calibre weapons and ammunition. These are already being injected into the theatre. I therefore urge you to make use of them judiciously and ensure they are effectively used against the terrorists and not taken away by them.

4. In a bid to swell their depleting ranks, the BHT have continued with their false teachings and instilling fake ideologies on the youths of the North East. To curb that, I have directed the Department of Civil Military Affairs in collaboration with the Department of NA Chaplain/Imam Services to immediately provide counter narratives through the community resilience and stabilization campaign programme. I have also established the Nigerian Army Cyber Warfare Command to amongst others prevent online terrorism, online radicalisation as well as online recruitment. To this end, do not let the false propaganda and narratives being spread by the rag-tagged terrorists sway your thoughts and actions about our dear country. We should continue to stand and fight even when the going gets tough and the ignorant and enemies of the state choose to castigate us. You are to also note that many people have returned back to their towns, villages and communities that were hitherto abandoned, and the terrorists have taken advantage of the large population in the towns and villages to infiltrate into them. You must therefore be extra vigilant and establish good civil military relations with the locals. You are to use this to acquire actionable intelligence to prevent any attack on the communities as well as your positions.

5. At this juncture, let me thank Nigerians from all walks of life for their support, prayers, encouragement and goodwill towards the Nigerian Army in the service of our fatherland. The Nigerian Army is your Army. I wish to also convey my appreciation to you all, the troops, for your selfless service towards the defence of our dear country. Your courage and gallant demonstration of our core values of sacrifice and selflessness amidst the daunting challenges being confronted daily in the theatre speak volumes about your professionalism and patriotism to the Nigerian State. I implore you to continue to uphold the trust the nation has placed on your noble shoulders for the maintenance of the sanctity of her territorial integrity. We must all remain steadfast. We must see this victory to a conclusive end. We must justify our oath of allegiance to our fatherland and dedication to her sovereignty. I once again salute your courage and wish you the best successes out there.
God bless you all and God bless Nigeria.

TY BURATAI
Abuja Lt Gen
9 Nov 18 COAS
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:21pm On Nov 10, 2018
HORRORIZON:

Funny how all of you skated on by this continuous issue without comment. As long as these type of incidents continue to take place no one will ever take your military serious. This should no t be happening on such a regular basis as it does.
Funny? No one's laughing.

At the end of the day we come to grips with the fact that no rant/comment/opinion here would change these incidents nor the heads of those in high places.

O pari
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sconp: 7:52pm On Nov 10, 2018
This thread on frontpage, anyone have an idea what's really happening?

https://www.nairaland.com/4838369/maiduguri-currently-under-attack-boko
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 8:03pm On Nov 10, 2018
sconp:

True. I don't think it's something too big. Surveillance aircrafts already deployed.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sconp: 8:05pm On Nov 10, 2018
allexpensive:

True. I don't think it's something too big. Surveillance aircrafts already deployed.
I just hope it ends quick.

Thanks for the quick response
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 8:05pm On Nov 10, 2018
sconp:

The airforce as scrambled ISR assets into the air and ground troops have been deployed as well.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 8:06pm On Nov 10, 2018
Abubakar Shekau appeared in combat gear in a new video, different from his wobbly appearance in white robe from his July, 2018 video. Was he ill, then? Has he fully recovered? Is he trying to appear as strong as ISWAP?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 8:10pm On Nov 10, 2018
In First Video Since July, Shekau Taunts ‘Those Who Said I Have Died’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBwQN2y5Z54
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 8:51pm On Nov 10, 2018
bidex111:

This guy is just a war character of some sort,. I doubt if he is directly involved in this war or anywhere near the NE. He could as well be in some forest in far away mali.

He seems to have fallen in love with the nigerian camo. Funny character he is grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 10:36pm On Nov 10, 2018
1st Battalion, The Nigeria Regiment entrain at Kaduna for Lagos - during the First World War.

Most Nigerians don't study history, so they won't know Nigerians fought in WW1. Tomorrow, marks 100 years since Armistice Day, the end of that war.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 10:37pm On Nov 10, 2018
Moroccan Navy receives new hydrographic survey vessel

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-53677/

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 5:00am On Nov 11, 2018
bidex111:

its funny how this new camouflage was launched to checkmate proliferation yet it seems to be everywhere. Is it because it's now made in Nigeria ?

I also see a gali rifle used Cameroon

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:15am On Nov 11, 2018
Kalapizim:
its funny how this new camouflage was launched to checkmate proliferation yet it seems to be everywhere. Is it because it's now made in Nigeria ?

I also see a gali rifle used Cameroon

Trophies from attacking a Cameroonian base undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.