Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,096 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (725) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3014982 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 10:47am On Nov 22, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

It’s a G3 rifle with FAB defense upgrades, bipod, butstock, handguard... I don’t know where the scope and laser are from.

I should have noticed it was an upgrade, tnx man.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 11:14am On Nov 22, 2018

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 22, 2018
bidex111:

N.I BORDER PATROL CORPS; the camo is only been used by there border patrol personnels.

https://www.google.com/amp/thenationonlineng.net/graduation-patrol-corps/amp/

I.D of these weapons.
Seeing this pics, is doing me like I should not join the army rather the NI... I mean their acquisition is damn cool... But hell no, the army is the only way...in a few years.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:44pm On Nov 22, 2018
Field0Marshall:

Seeing this pics, is doing me like I should not join the army rather the NI... I mean their acquisition is damn cool... But hell no, the army is the only way...in a few years.

shocked grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 22, 2018
Tanzania

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2018
Field0Marshall:

grin

your infatuations will dessert when you're under the burning sun not knowing if you'd see another New year
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 22, 2018
Odunayaw:
grin

your infatuations will dessert when you're under the burning sun not knowing if you'd see another New year
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AlhajiYoung: 9:51pm On Nov 22, 2018
Why is everyone keeping mute on the news trending of 77 soldier killed in Mante

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 10:36pm On Nov 22, 2018
Islamic State - West Africa captured two MT-LBs and two Vickers Mk 3 MBTs during an attack on a Nigerian Army position near Lake Chad.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 10:38pm On Nov 22, 2018
AlhajiYoung:

We are not keeping quite . It's so painful that we loose soldiers in such numbers, although the casualty figures are not verified and the army HQ is silence about it.

Hope those fallen soldiers get befitting burials.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 10:46pm On Nov 22, 2018
bidex111:

We are not keeping quite . It's so painful that we loose soldiers in such numbers, although the casualty figures are not verified and the army HQ is silence about it.

Hope those fallen soldiers get befitting burials.
You expect the army to tell you the correct number of casualties?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:50pm On Nov 22, 2018
AlhajiYoung:
What are you expecting, that we go ape shiit?

We can't solve shyte right here, at least the title of the thread doesn't say so
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2018
bidex111:
Islamic State - West Africa captured two MT-LBs and two Vickers Mk 3 MBTs during an attack on a Nigerian Army position near Lake Chad.
3 days from today you'd see NA with twitter report of how they raided a "stronghold" and they snap Dane guns & bicycles.

Now,look at this, TWO goddamn tanks. What? No shells for the tank? The tankmen were on leave?

This is quite an annoying year!

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 10:56pm On Nov 22, 2018
My hope is that those at the helm of Nigeria military, plan a future where we are a self-contained, modern powerful force capable of defending our territory against any middle income Nation such as Brazil, Pakistan, Indonesia, Egypt, South Africa and so on. I’m talking about air, ground, sea, under sea , ground-to-air, jungle, desert, electronic , space and manufacturing capabilities.

My dread is that those at the helm of Nigeria military are of the literal mindset of the Presidents words on assuming office, "Humble". I’m talking about a mindset in which the Nigeria military brass excitably envisage a future of commingled army consisting of Niger, Chad and Cameroon with France providing logistics and borrowed hardware on a needs-basses determined by them. In order words, the relinquishing of sovereignty by stealth. Hate sounding IPOBian, but the natural progression would be the recruitment of folks from Niger when, demoralised by the clumsy handling of our soldiers, Nigerians no longer want to join the military in sufficient numbers.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:07pm On Nov 22, 2018
Litmus:
My hope is that those at the helm of Nigeria military, plan a future where we are a self-contained, modern powerful force capable of defending our territory against any middle income Nation such as Brazil, Pakistan, Indonesia, Egypt, South Africa and so on. I’m talking about air, ground, sea, under sea , ground-to-air, jungle, desert, electronic , space and manufacturing capabilities.

My dread is that those at the helm of Nigeria military are of the literal mindset of the Presidents words on assuming office, "Humble". I’m talking about a mindset in which the Nigeria military brass excitably envisage a future of commingled army consisting of Niger, Chad and Cameroon with France providing logistics and borrowed hardware on a needs-basses determined by them.
Except you've not noticed non-state actors remain the bane of the modern world
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 11:15pm On Nov 22, 2018
AlhajiYoung:

Senate adjourns plenary to honour fallen soldiers

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/296985-senate-adjourns-plenary-to-honour-fallen-soldiers.html

Senate suspends plenary to honour 44 fallen soldiers

https://guardian.ng/news/senate-suspends-plenary-to-honour-44-fallen-soldiers/amp/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 4:39am On Nov 23, 2018
bidex111:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/296985-senate-adjourns-plenary-to-honour-fallen-soldiers.html

https://guardian.ng/news/senate-suspends-plenary-to-honour-44-fallen-soldiers/amp/
No one us keeping quiet
At this point even the President knows.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 4:52am On Nov 23, 2018
bidex111:

Is this the best we can do as a nation? By Monday, everyone goes about as if nothing like this ever happened. Many of us have a fair idea what the next step to be taken is.
We are all helpless as our opinion rarely counts.

RIP to the fallen soldiers

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:05am On Nov 23, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY MATRICULATES 471 CADETS

The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) has matriculated 471 Cadets into various degree programmes with a call to cadet to live a life of integrity and hardwork. This was revealed by Brig Gen George Pedro (Rtd) who was the special guest of honour during the event held today at the Academy Auditorium, Afaka, Kaduna.

While congratulating the cadets on their matriculation, Brig Gen Pedro told them that they have made a great decision to join the NDA. He reminded them that their choice requires zeal and enthusiasms to make it to the peak. He encouraged them to be undeterred by the challenges they may face in the course of pursuing their chosen career and to bear in mind that becoming an officer is not just a means to an end but an end in itself.

In his inaugural lecture the commandant Nigeria Defence Academy, Major General Adeniyi Oyebade tasked the matriculating cadets to be focused and determined as they begin their sojourn in the Academy.

He added that “looking at the peculiarity of the Academy as a military university which combines both military and academics training, the task ahead is tough”. He encouraged them to strive harder on their journey with perseverance and determination, as only those who have mentioned qualities would rise to the peak of their career.
Comparing the military profession to other professions, the commandant explained that the military profession is peculiar and more demanding as it is the only profession that requires an individual to lay down his life for the peace and unity of his country.

To parents and guardians of the cadets, the commandant urged them to aid the new cadets with prayers and encouragement to enable them cope with the rigors and challenges associated with the training. He assured them of the well-being of their children while undergoing trainings, saying the Academy is equipped with world class facilities and serene environment to cater for its cadets needs.

The matriculated cadets are members of 70 Regular Course and were assembled at the NDA 3 months ago.

Signed
ABUBAKAR ABDULLAHI
Major
Academy Public Relations Officer

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 9:31am On Nov 23, 2018
These cadets look depressed lol, what's going on, why the long faces , them be conscripts? (That was a joke) grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by darkelf: 10:15am On Nov 23, 2018
bidex111:
NI are not smiling

It saddens me really.

I ain't against taking pics but with all these pics depicting nice weaponry, we still lost scores of soldiers in matele recently

It's a sad development for the NA. These base attcks and losses are becoming too frequent

We need a major overhaul of these COs and better support and morale boosting incentives for our fighting troops
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by darkelf: 10:27am On Nov 23, 2018
bidex111:

The question remains;

Why did we loose even while we possess such tanks and armored vehicles?

Reports had it that the base commander got a letter from Boko-haram of their intentions to attack, yet no measures to forestall it?

Why is it so hard to rid the armed forces of Bokoharam apologists and other forms of saboteurs within its ranks?

Are our soldiers so untrained to the extent that we loose 77 in on fell swoop without making the insurgents pay badly?

What do they even teach our soldiers in Depot or the officers in NDA? Whatever the curriculum is, I fear its outdated.

Why has the COAS and the CAS not being queried? Especially the CAS. We hear that when soldiers call for airsurport when facing enemy fire, it arrives after one day. Are they serious at all?

Lastly and this may be jocular but why was I born into a country whose security apparatuses and military I cannot be proud off or depend on to secure lives and properties?

So many questions, so few answers

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 10:36am On Nov 23, 2018
Militants kill around 100 Nigerian soldiers in attack on army base: sources, Reuters via Beegeagels Blog

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nigeria-security-insurgency/militants-kill-around-100-nigerian-soldiers-in-attack-on-army-base-sources-idUSKCN1NR1SR

MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (Reuters) - Militants killed around 100 Nigerian soldiers in an attack on an army base on Sunday, security sources said on Thursday, blaming Islamic State West Africa.

The toll is among the highest since President Muhammadu Buhari came to power in 2015 and it could raise pressure on him ahead of an election in February, not least because he has claimed victory over the nine-year insurgency.

The insurgents attacked the base in the village of Metele in northeastern Borno state, the epicentre of a revolt by Boko Haram and its Islamic State splinter group.

“The insurgents took us unawares,” said an officer who requested anonymity. “The base was burned with arms and we lost about 100 soldiers. It is a huge loss.”

Many troops are missing, the sources said. One soldier said more troops were killed on Tuesday when an attempt to recover bodies from the initial attack was ambushed.

“We all flew because we didn’t know where the bullets were coming from,” he said. “They killed some of us who went to evacuate the bodies of the killed soldiers.”
Four security sources said around 100 died in Metele and the death toll was not final. The fifth said 96 died in the northeast in recent days, mostly in Metele.

The senate, which is controlled by the opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP), on Thursday suspended its session in honour of what it said were 44 dead soldiers after the Metele attack.

Opposition presidential candidate Atiku Abubakar, who is Buhari’s main rival, called on the government to support the families of dead soldiers.
A presidency spokesman said the military would issue a statement. Military spokesmen did not respond to requests for comment. The government and military often decline to acknowledge the scale of losses in the northeast.

Militants have killed hundreds of soldiers in the region in recent months.

Suspiciously well rounded number, not withstanding, general Nigerian public that care for this Nation must kick up a stink for it seems the brass have grown complacent in the silence. This is simply unacceptable
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 10:51am On Nov 23, 2018
EAF AH-64 Apache Gunship & CH-47 Chinook Military transport helicopters stationed at Mohamed Naguib Military Base.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by numbered(m): 10:51am On Nov 23, 2018
1. The NA should set up a committee to investigate the consistent loss of FOB's to BHT. At the end of the investigation, preferably 3 months, procedures/suggestions for base defence should be drawn up with adequate input from CO's of unit's that have successfully repelled BH attacks on their bases. 2. A training team comprised of crack SF troop's/experienced infantry should be set up to train the various units deployed on the 'basics' of base defence. 3. The NAF should detail 2 of the L-39ZA and 1 DA42 Diamond sensing ISR aircraft to Maiduguri to form a Close Air Support force ( CASFOR 1 ) to better respond to emergencies like metele.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 10:54am On Nov 23, 2018
OFF TOPIC

Jordan �� is the first foreign customer of the Russian �� Orion-E UAV, the contract was signed at the ARMY-2018 fair 3 months ago ..

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 23, 2018
Sometimes I am vexed to ask.

Why not evacuate all military personnels In that graveyard of borno and nuke the goddamn state to ashes angry
Infact nuke it so that the radiation particles extends to boarders in Chad, Niger and cameroun.

Nuke that state to ashes while taking no prisoners angry

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 11:01am On Nov 23, 2018
numbered:
1. The NA should set up a committee to investigate the consistent loss of FOB's to BHT. At the end of the investigation, preferably 3 months, procedures/suggestions for base defence should be drawn up with adequate input from CO's of unit's that have successfully repelled BH attacks on their bases. 2. A training team comprised of crack SF troop's/experienced infantry should be set up to train the various units deployed on the 'basics' of base defence. 3. The NAF should detail 2 of the L-39ZA and 1 DA42 Diamond sensing ISR aircraft to Maiduguri to form a Close Air Support force ( CASFOR 1 ) to better respond to emergencies like metele.

Honestly the first person I'll blame for the looses for the past few months is Mr president. Being a former military man he should know better.

The army been the major punching force is not well funded and secondly if the army HQ are not doing there job well why not remove them and replace them.

Insanity is doing the same thing the way youve doing things and expecting a positive result.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Centrifude(m): 11:04am On Nov 23, 2018
bidex111:

I hope the S.A Government and Military are watching closely because we might be facing a similar situation sooner than we think.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 11:05am On Nov 23, 2018
More photos for the New Egyptian Rafale DM14 Fighter jet.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 11:06am On Nov 23, 2018
Centrifude:

I hope the S.A Government and Military are watching closely because we might be facing a similar situation sooner than we think.

Why.....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 11:09am On Nov 23, 2018
According to https:///UFJEBCtEIK, #Egypt has signed a contract worth 64$ miilion to provide its armed forces with two squads (totally 32 drone) of the #Chinese-Made Wing Long-1D Advanced UAVs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: GeneralFarouq and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.