Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (828) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3024511 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 08, 2019
Na snipers

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
Na snipers
So much Steyrs in one pix!

This is for keeps
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 9:46pm On Feb 08, 2019
I still wonder why all our things in this country always have K-leg someone should correct me if I'm wrong, is it a sin if the authorities do a radical change with respect to weaponry just negodu the kinda rifle NA marksmen are using abi are we under international arms embargo ne? me I don't understand oo, is it a taboo to use sophisticated sniper rifle such as Blaser R93, Saki TRG etc, if it is too expensive to rearm the entire military with a grade A-weapon such as Tavor series/ M series or a higher version of Kalashnikovs, it shouldn't be difficult to properly equip a small specialized unit such as the Snipers. We're quick to raise shoulders as giant if Africa but honestly we can't face the Egyptian or Algerian army in warfare, South Africa is even out if it sef. I think it's high time the FG do government to government purchase of equipments if sourcing same from third parties is proofing difficult or better still outsource the reorganization of the military to the Russians or Israelis ( that is if pride will allow us) Saudi and Egypt did same, even with the level of expertise of the Israelis they still do collabo with USA, India and even codedly with Russians.
We should sign the godammn bilateral agreement ( a serious one oo) with any of the world powers.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 08, 2019
ugo4u:
I still wonder why all our things in this country always have K-leg someone should correct me if I'm wrong, is it a sin if the authorities do a radical change with respect to weaponry just negodu the kinda rifle NA marksmen are using abi are we under international arms embargo ne? me I don't understand oo, is it a taboo to use sophisticated sniper rifle such as Blaser R93, Saki TRG etc, if it is too expensive to rearm the entire military with a grade A-weapon such as Tavor series/ M series or a higher version of Kalashnikovs, it shouldn't be difficult to properly equip a small specialized unit such as the Snipers. We're quick to raise shoulders as giant if Africa but honestly we can't face the Egyptian or Algerian army in warfare, South Africa is even out if it sef. I think it's high time the FG do government to government purchase of equipments if sourcing same from third parties is proofing difficult or better still outsource the reorganization of the military to the Russians or Israelis ( that is if pride will allow us) Saudi and Egypt did same, even with the level of expertise of the Israelis they still do collabo with USA, India and even codedly with Russians.
it will be adream come through the day we dispose those ugly looking ak47 from our Arsenal and put it in our archives..

U hardly see modern a d saner climes using that Kalashnikov.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 10:04pm On Feb 08, 2019
krattoss:
it will be adream come through the day we dispose those ugly looking ak47 from our Arsenal and put it in our archives..

U hardly see modern a d saner climes using that Kalashnikov.
"Common" Senegal has a better basic infantry weapon compared to our beloved rusties. What our special forces flaunt are basic infantry weapon of some countries..
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 10:11pm On Feb 08, 2019
Even that Steyr rifle looks like an hunter rifle.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 10:13pm On Feb 08, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
Na snipers

Nice pics and very old... smiley
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 10:16pm On Feb 08, 2019
ugo4u:
We should sign the godammn bilateral agreement ( a serious one oo) with any of the world powers.

Until we do away of some old top brass in our military files. We need young minds cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:25pm On Feb 08, 2019
Xbee007:
Even that Steyr rifle looks like an hunter rifle.
Yet the US still uses the M14 and variants

ugo4u you do know the Algerians and Egyptians still use the AKM and variants right
Its the long M16A1s &A2s the Senegalese use that's cool abi (The black finish )

Sniper Rifles like the Steyr and Dragunovs are for niche roles. You are free to tell me any other reliable equal

Are we more concerned about aesthetics or reliability? The same Tavors that look tacticool are being dumped for Bulgarian AR-1 & Beryls

So I ask again, are you more concerned about aesthetics or reliability?

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 11:21pm On Feb 08, 2019
Odunayaw:

ugo4u you do know the Algerians and Egyptians still use the AKM and variants right

Sniper Rifles like the Steyr and Dragunovs are for niche roles. You are free to tell me any other reliable equal

Are we more concerned about aesthetics or reliability? The same Tavors that look tacticool are being dumped for Bulgarian AR-1 & Beryls

So I ask again, are you more concerned about aesthetics or reliability?

Let's make these beryl/AK variants as standard issue for all NA regiments.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:04am On Feb 09, 2019
bidex111:
CAS VISITS AZERBAIJAN, SEEKS PARTNERSHIP IN TRAINING, DEVELOPMENT OF MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has led a delegation of senior Nigerian Air Force (NAF) officers on a visit to Azerbaijan to seek strategic partnership in capacity building and development of Nigeria's military industrial complex with a view to further boosting NAF’s operational effectiveness in the fight against insurgency and other forms of criminality in the country. The visit, which took place from 5 - 8 February 2019, was on the invitation of the Azerbaijani Deputy Minister of Defence and Commander of the Azerbaijan Air Force (AzAF), Lieutenant General Ramiz Tahirov, who, along with other senior officers from AzAF, hosted the CAS and conducted him on a tour of facilities at the Gala Air Base and the Aviation Repair Factory located in Nasosna Air Base, where the AzAF carries out up to 4th Line Maintenance of aircraft in its inventory. One of the immediate benefits of the visit is the acceptance by the AzAF to provide simulator training slots for NAF pilots on the Mi-35M Helicopter and L-39ZA aircraft. The first set of NAF pilots are expected to commence their simulator training before the end of February 2019.

The CAS was accompanied on the visit by the Air Officer Commanding Mobility Command, Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Peter Uzezi, Chief of Logistics Headquarters NAF, AVM Aminu Yakubu, the Chief of Staff Air Training Command, Ayoola Jolasinmi, the Deputy Director of Training HQ NAF, Air Commodore Esen Efanga as well as Nigeria's Defence Adviser to Islamabad, Brigadier General Nasiru Mukhtar.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
Next step is to procure those simulators, hopefully next years budget appropriation can cover that.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:28am On Feb 09, 2019
bidex111:

Let's make these beryl/AK variants as standard issue for all NA regiments.
I agree that the Beryl and other Ak variants in service are more modern( material wise) but they add little improvements over the regular AKM. And these improvements are only felt by specialized troops

This is my opinion sha grin

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:54am On Feb 09, 2019
SBS at Flintlock.

Imagine my shock seeing the US MG in pic 2 [Naval regulars train with it]

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 3:56am On Feb 09, 2019
Odunayaw:

So I ask again, are you more concerned about aesthetics or reliability ?
Will it be too much to ask for both?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:22am On Feb 09, 2019
ugo4u:

Will it be too much to ask for both?
I no con know o tongue
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:38am On Feb 09, 2019
NA BTR-4E with add-on Dshk AA Frontal Gun

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 09, 2019
bidex111:
NA BTR-4E with add-on Dshk AA Frontal Gun
Wow I’ve never seen this before
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Goel: 8:59am On Feb 09, 2019
ugo4u:
Saudi and Egypt did same, even with the level of expertise of the Israelis they still do collabo with USA, India and even codedly with Russians.
Training with multiple countries is good, it will improve your skills. But Saudi & Egyptians having expertise at level of Israel is a joke.
They only know how to buy weapons. They can't make them, can't copy them and most important, can't use them. Their forces are among worst trained in world.

https://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 9:21am On Feb 09, 2019
Goel:

Training with multiple countries is good, it will improve your skills. But Saudi & Egyptians having expertise at level of Israel is a joke.
They only know how to buy weapons. They can't make them, can't copy them and most important, can't use them. Their forces are among worst trained in world.

https://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars
Remove Egypt from your list, aside Iran and Israel I don't see any middle Eastern country that will defeat the Egyptians in whatever form of warfare, even an open confrontation with Israel will be too bloody on both sides. Don't underestimate the Egyptians.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 09, 2019
NAF

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 09, 2019

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 10:46am On Feb 09, 2019
ugo4u:

"Common" Senegal has a better basic infantry weapon compared to our beloved rusties. What our special forces flaunt are basic infantry weapon of some countries..

You mean you'd chose an that long ass M16A1 over an AK?

I feel like your judgement is based on aesthetics.

But you are still right, we need to modernize our infantry weapons, the beryl should be a better option

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 11:54am On Feb 09, 2019
[color=#550000][/color]
ugo4u:

Remove Egypt from your list, aside Iran and Israel I don't see any middle Eastern country that will defeat the Egyptians in whatever form of warfare, even an open confrontation with Israel will be too bloody on both sides. Don't underestimate the Egyptians.
Saudi would deal the Egyptians
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 12:20pm On Feb 09, 2019
giles14:
[color=#550000][/color] Saudi would deal the Egyptians
grin grin grin this one off me. They will deal with the Egyptians the way they dealing with Houthi rebels abi? For your info Saudi has one of the most indisciplined army in the middle East even though they have the latest of equipments money can buy. Till date, the Russians, Americans and by proxy Israelis give Saudi army technical support in basic gadgets an average Nigerian soldier will perform without hassle.
The war in Yemen has exposed their incompetence, infact the Egyptians will overrun them within a week without the backing of super powers. Infact the Saudi Arabia situation further proove the notion that no matter the most modern equipment you acquire if you don't have the requisite know-how and discipline to maintain or use them you're as senseless as someone bringing a knife to a gun fight.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 09, 2019
slimthugchimee2:

You mean you'd chose an that long ass M16A1 over an AK?

I feel like your judgement is based on aesthetics.

But you are still right, we need to modernize our infantry weapons, the beryl should be a better option

The AK47 will never be swapped out for the Beryl M762 because the leadership of the military in Nigeria are mostly there to enrich their pockets and not think.

There's so much money being pumped into DICON and it is mostly the top military guys who share the loot. Imagine still manufacturing AK47s (OBJ - actually Chinese variant 56) with metal and wood! Weight is a big problem for soldiers all around the world and I won't even mention differences in weapon shoot accuracy. AK47 is obsolete! There are better AK variants and the Beryl is also a good option since the handling and magazine are similar to that of the AK.

I mean, how do we send out men to war without a secondary weapon? I won't even mention the limitations in number of magazines issued to the infantry.

I won't even mention other lacks such as communication devices which is a BIG DEAL as well. Oh well, Nigeria my country.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 1:53pm On Feb 09, 2019
ugo4u:

grin grin grin this one off me. They will deal with the Egyptians the way they dealing with Houthi rebels abi? For your info Saudi has one of the most indisciplined army in the middle East even though they have the latest of equipments money can buy. Till date, the Russians, Americans and by proxy Israelis give Saudi army technical support in basic gadgets an average Nigerian soldier will perform without hassle.
The war in Yemen has exposed their incompetence, infact the Egyptians will overrun them within a week without the backing of super powers. Infact the Saudi Arabia situation further proove the notion that no matter the most modern equipment you acquire if you don't have the requisite know-how and discipline to maintain or use them you're as senseless as someone bringing a knife to a gun fight.
those Egypt have the funds to persecute a war
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 2:10pm On Feb 09, 2019
giles14:
those Egypt have the funds to persecute a war
Yes sir!! they have an annual defence budget of about $4billion. Those guys ain't poor oo, though they might not have the spending might of the Saudis but believe you me, with their acquisitions over the years and manpower development Saudis stands no chance against them. Even the last war they had with Israel was almost a stalement with casualties of over 17000 men on both sides which saw them forcing the Israelis to negotiate a deal that saw them reclaim the Sinai that was captured by Israel in the Six day war..
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 2:27pm On Feb 09, 2019
ugo4u:

Yes sir!! they have an annual defence budget of about $4billion. Those guys ain't poor oo, though they might not have the spending might of the Saudis but believe you me, with their acquisitions over the years and manpower development Saudis stands no chance against them. Even the last war they had with Israel was almost a statement with casualties of over 17000 men on both sides which saw them forcing the Israelis to negotiate a deal that saw them reclaim the Sinai that was captured by Israel in the Six day war..
lol which statement. Israel fought a war on 2 fronts and was still able to whoop the ass of the Egyptians and the Syrians even with massive soviet aid. the Israeli army was 70 km from Cairo when Sadat called the american secretary of states Kissinger to negotiate a cease fire. the only gain Sadat had was foot hold in the Sinai region but the 3rd Egyptian army was surrounded on all sides with the Israeli army on the other side of the Nile and no way for supply by sea because the Israeli navy had beaten the Egyptian navy. the only hope of the Egyptian 3rd army was port Said. So don't ever say the Egyptians fought a war to stalemate with Israel. Even today there are rumors going around that the Israeli airforce help bombed Islamist hideouts in Sinai.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 2:49pm On Feb 09, 2019
fabselad:

lol which statement. Israel fought a war on 2 fronts and was still able to whoop the ass of the Egyptians and the Syrians even with massive soviet aid. the Israeli army was 70 km from Cairo when Sadat called the american secretary of states Kissinger to negotiate a cease fire. the only gain Sadat had was foot hold in the Sinai region but the 3rd Egyptian army was surrounded on all sides with the Israeli army on the other side of the Nile and no way for supply by sea because the Israeli navy had beaten the Egyptian navy. the only hope of the Egyptian 3rd army was port Said. So don't ever say the Egyptians fought a war to stalemate with Israel. Even today there are rumors going around that the Israeli airforce help bombed Islamist hideouts in Sinai.
Go back to history the Yum Kipoor war almost ended in disaster for the Israelis prior to that the Israelis thought they were invincible but the Egyptians made a mess of that invicibility.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 2:52pm On Feb 09, 2019
ugo4u:

Go back to history the Yum Kipoor war almost ended in disaster for the Israelis prior to that the Israelis thought they were invincible but the Egyptians made a mess of that invicibility.

hahahahahahahahah my brother u read which sort of history, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 2:55pm On Feb 09, 2019
ugo4u:

just a lil piece of history

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 2:56pm On Feb 09, 2019
ugo4u:

lol when you say victory was the egytian army even 50 km near israel.lol.

(1) (2) (3) ... (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.