Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,724 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (832) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3031125 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 9:06pm On Feb 13, 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 13, 2019
bidexiii:

Our main issue has been; working with tight military budget and order-of-priority. The DICON factory in Kaduna is still undergoing some upgrades and they have to work with the little budget allocated to th sector. It migh take along time/years befor these modern riffle production line comes to lime-light.

The Army authorities on there own part too does not place its priorities right. The recent military factory commissioned to build & repiar ATV/BRT and other armored vehicles in Kaduna is a repetition of what we have in Bauchi. The Bauchi SPV should have just be upgraded to meet the current challenges instead of creating another plant in Kaduna. Such funds would av been diverted to DICON or othe important sectors.

Those AK Variants used by AFSF are issued by the defense HQ and are only used by the AFSF.

The NA issues the beryl riffle to its SF; 72MSF/army strike force etc.

This man, you are a gem!
Really grateful for this insightful and brilliant response.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:00pm On Feb 13, 2019
Troops of 143 Bn, 28 Task Force Brigade, Sector 1 Op Lafiya Dole recently at Madagali Adamawa State

https://mobile.twitter.com/HQNigerianArmy/status/1095779897417580545/photo/1

This is what I like

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 10:24pm On Feb 13, 2019
Odunayaw:
Troops of 143 Bn, 28 Task Force Brigade, Sector 1 Op Lafiya Dole recently at Madagali Adamawa State

This is what I like
Why can't these guys just close shop and allow everyone to live in peace, must it be 72 virgins. Haba!
I'm still trying to figure out how someone could talk people into strapping themselves with bombs or drive a VBIED to hell. Shekau and Al barnawi are still alive, abi dem no get legs or sabi drive car?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:47pm On Feb 13, 2019
Odunayaw:

This is what I like

TROOPS CLEAR MORE BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS IN MADAGALI

Following the successful neutralising of scores of the Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) and recovery of cache of assorted arms and ammunition by the dogged troops of 143 Battalion(Bn), 28 Task Force Brigade, Sector 1 Operation Lafiya Dole recently at Madagali Adamawa State, the battalion has recorded yet another great feat. In this regard, the gallant troops once again devastated and clipped the wings of the terrorists group in a fierce encounter which occurred at about 1810hrs on Tuesday, 12 February 2019.

The terrorists came in 5 Gun Trucks, Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) and Vehicle - Borne IED but met superior fire power by own troops.
During the encounter, the troops successfully repelled the attack and went on hot pursuit with heavy fire and momentum. 5 BHTs were neutralised, others withdrew with gunshot wounds while several equipment were captured and others destroyed.

Troops captured 1 gun truck mounted with Anti Aircraft (AA) Gun, 1 Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) tube, 8 AK 47 Rifles and 60 rounds of 12.77 mm ammunition. Others include 4 X 36 Hand Grenades, 6 AK 47 Rifle Magazines, 1 FN Rifle and 1 Techno Phone. Also, 1 Gun Truck, 1 AA Gun, 1 Vehicle - Borne IED belonging to the BHTs were all destroyed. However, 1 soldier was wounded in action and receiving prompt medical attention while, regrettably a Civilian JTF was killed in action.

Further exploitation of initial success was conducted at the early hours of Wednesday, 13 February 2019. Troops discovered 6 additional neutralised bodies of the BHTs and recovered 4 AK47 Rifles, 1 FN Rifle and empty magazine, 1 x 36 Hand Grenade and 1 Unexploded Ordnance RPG Bomb.

The Acting General Officer Commanding (GOC) 7 Division Nigerian Army and Commander Sector 1, Operation Lafiya Dole, Brigadier General Abdulmalik Bulama Biu while applauding their effort, conveyed the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant General Tukur Yusuf Buratai's special commendation for a job well done and urged them to maintain the momentum until the total defeat of the BHTs. The COAS also promises to continue to accord greater attention to the welfare of troops and also commiserates with the family of the fallen Civilian JTF.

You are please requested to disseminate this information to the public through your reputable medium.

Thank you for your usual cooperation.

ADO ISA
Colonel
Deputy Director
Public Relations
7 Division Nigerian Army/Sector 1, Operation
LAFIYA DOLE
13th February 2019

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:50pm On Feb 13, 2019
More....

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:06pm On Feb 13, 2019
Geronimoe:

Why can't these guys just close shop and allow everyone to live in peace, must it be 72 virgins. Haba!
I'm still trying to figure out how someone could talk people into strapping themselves with bombs or drive a VBIED to hell. Shekau and Al barnawi are still alive, abi dem no get legs or sabi drive car?

grin shocked grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 13, 2019
UPDATE: The Borno Governor Was Unhurt When The Tail Of His 80+ Vehicle Convoy Which Was Travelling Between Dikwa & Gamboru Ngala On The Campaign Trail Got Ambushed By Insurgents At Moula Lat 12N At About Noon Today

UPDATE: The Borno Governor Was Unhurt When The Tail Of His 80+ Vehicle Convoy Which Was Travelling Between Dikwa & Gamboru Ngala On The Campaign Trail Got Ambushed By Insurgents At Moula (Lat 12N) At About Noon Today. The Governor Had Already Reached Gamboru

The rear one-fifth of the motorcade however bore the brunt of the onslaught by the insurgents. They fled to a nearby army base (location withheld for security reasons)

https://twitter.com/beegeaglesblog/status/1095750460168962048?s=21

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 13, 2019
bidexiii:
More....
These Boko boys are getting decimated, what happened to all the vim and determination that they had throughout December and Jan? Hehehe I laugh in Spanish.

I’m glad NA eventually Handled the situation and stopped all the base attack’s. (It’s important to note that novermber to late feb are dry season months, these months have always been very deadly due to “dry season offensive” ), i guess we are about to enter another hibernation phase with raids and counter raids here and there.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:03am On Feb 14, 2019
Geronimoe:

It beats me. I never believe poverty is a fuel for terrorism. I mean how does blowing myself up get me rich!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:11am On Feb 14, 2019
bidexiii:
More....
Today is the first time I see what NA means by escape with gunshot wounds.

The bastards (even more than the initially killed) that escaped on the 12th couldn't make it back and died on the 13th. Talk about dying tired grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:16am On Feb 14, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
These Boko boys are getting decimated, what happened to all the vim and determination that they had throughout December and Jan? Hehehe I laugh in Spanish.

I’m glad NA eventually Handled the situation and stopped all the base attack’s. (It’s important to note that novermber to late feb are dry season months, these months have always been very deadly due to “dry season offensive” ), i guess we are about to enter another hibernation phase with raids and counter raids here and there.
The Army should build Intelligence picture through electronic, UAV and human means during the Rainy seasons so they can be exploited during this hibernation times.

We came so close to destroying them once and for all in 2016 but alas poor decisions & some things beyond our control ruined it

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 14, 2019
Odunayaw:
The Army should build Intelligence picture through electronic, UAV and human means during the Rainy seasons so they can be exploited during this hibernation times.

We came so close to destroying them once and for all in 2016 but alas poor decisions & some things beyond our control ruined it
Same thing happened in 2015 right before general elections, I understand that an idea logical war isn’t something that can be dealt a final decisive blow and like in a conventional war but we really need to wrap up this phase we are in, when BHTs get degraded the extra behind the scenes work should be done to stop them from regrouping and rearming, they should stay degraded.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 1:55am On Feb 14, 2019
nemesis8u:

Sir ur proliferating nuclear info
Uncle Sam is watching grin
too late... we've downloaded the PDF grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:45am On Feb 14, 2019
#COIN
#NAF

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 14, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
Here are the official numbers released by the Nigerian navy detailing their fight against crude oil theft

They should just stop destroying (burning) refineries, barges, tanks etc.

Its part of the reason for the soot problem in Port Harcourt and generally pollution in the NigerDelta.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:50am On Feb 14, 2019
So NNS Aradu is in dry dock, this is interesting... grin
This shots were captured dec 2018 by the way.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 14, 2019
iamnen:

They should just stop destroying (burning) refineries, barges, tanks etc.

Its part of the reason for the soot problem in Port Harcourt and generally pollution in the NigerDelta.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
I agree but what would you suggest they do instead, if you leave these thing in the bush without destroying them the criminals just return the next day and continue like nothing happened.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 12:17pm On Feb 14, 2019
Odunayaw:
It beats me. I never believe poverty is a fuel for terrorism. I mean how does blowing myself up get me rich!
True.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 14, 2019
jakeporeshenko:

I agree but what would you suggest they do instead, if you leave these thing in the bush without destroying them the criminals just return the next day and continue like nothing happened.

you are right. its a tight call. they aren't equipped or empowered to handle issues like these in an environmentally friendly way.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:58pm On Feb 14, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
So NNS Aradu is in dry dock, this is interesting... grin
This shots were captured dec 2018 by the way.
My brain can only think "they are outfitting it for training"
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2019
Odunayaw:
My brain can only think "they are outfitting it for training"
Or they can downgrade it to an OPV
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 14, 2019
X
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 14, 2019
ien:

you are right. its a tight call. they aren't equipped or empowered to handle issues like these in an environmentally friendly way.

Oil digesting bacteria is used world wide to clean up oil spill etc

Relatively cheap and very effective

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 14, 2019
Naval shipyard limited PH, they’re in charge of maintenance for NN ships and boats for eastern sand central naval command

https://www.facebook.com/navalshipyardlimitedPH/videos/1559602634159339?sfns=rmo

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:07pm On Feb 14, 2019
nemesis8u:

There's a thing like that? shocked

I was called a dreamer some 2yrs ago for giving this opinion among my colleagues (I said it hypothetically tho)

Ah! in your face deriders!!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:10pm On Feb 14, 2019
jakeporeshenko:

Or they can downgrade it to an OPV
I know our threat on water is Piracy but I am hungry for fighting ships. Even if its just 2 undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 14, 2019
#HappeningNow: The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, delivered a lecture this morning, 14 February 2019, on the topic “Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Challenges and Future Perspectives” to participants of Course 27, National Defence College (NDC) Abuja. The CAS, in his lecture, highlighted the achievements of the NAF in the past 3 1/2 years in areas of expansion of organizational structure, rapid enhancement of human capacity and personnel welfare, improvement in aircraft serviceability and logistics support as well as R&grin. The CAS also highlighted some of the challenges encountered before enumerating strategies to overcome them and discussing future perspectives in the areas of Information Communication Technology and precision munitions, among others.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 14, 2019
nemesis8u:

.....true

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 14, 2019
Botswana defense force training

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 14, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
Botswana defense force training

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 14, 2019
2019 ELECTIONS: NAF DEPLOYS MORE AIRCRAFT FOR AIRLIFT OF ELECTORAL MATERIALS:

In order to enhance the support provided to INEC for the airlift of electoral materials to locations across the country, the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has deployed 2 additional aircraft for the exercise

(2/2) The two ATR-42 transport aircraft (NAF 930 and 931) began airlift of materials from Abuja today, 14 Feb 19, joining the C-130H, which has conducted several day and night missions delivering materials across the country since 11 Feb 19.

(1) (2) (3) ... (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.