Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (884) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3029551 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:18pm On Apr 21, 2019
jakeporeshenkoo:

I see these posts on twitter all the time, how do they intercept the smugglers, how do they discover these caches of hidden arms, is it human intelligence or what? Because their land border is hugeeee and all desert.

I think we need to build a border wall with our neighbors to the north, out of a very cheap and locally available material, such a project will have immediate impacts by creating employment and keeping young people busy and at the same time make the job of customs easier.

I remember I once asked @Algerian1 how do there military get to discover these arms cache.....?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:21pm On Apr 21, 2019
#NA MEDICS... grin

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jakeporeshenkoo: 7:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
Algerian1:

Hudge caches of weapons are discovered each month in algeria . its difficult to monitor this very long desertic borders . the difference with nigeria is there is no algerians who want to attack there own country . when you havnt inside enemies or rebels. outside ennemies can send all the weapons they want you fear nothing .
Oh wow shocked I need to go and read up on your insurgency/ civil war
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jakeporeshenkoo: 7:35pm On Apr 21, 2019
Ghanaian swat?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2019
jakeporeshenkoo:

Oh wow shocked I need to go and read up on your insurgency/ civil war

i m talking about now days situation . the few terrotists that remind from 90's hell are hiding in small numbers (small groups of 3 poeple ) like rats in mountains with no supply .

with this weapons caches , they are waiting a new insurgency or civil war like libyan scenario .

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 7:56pm On Apr 21, 2019
bidexiii:

I remember I once asked @Algerian1 how do there military get to discover these arms cache.....?
You are found of asking retarrded questions that make no absolute sense.

How do you really really expect him to annswer that question your Royal foolishness?

It's like asking a random Nigerian how the defence force discovers arms cache?

I bet you don't see how stup1d that question sounds? undecided undecided

You're too dull!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
bidexiii:

post of july 2018 . page 587

bidex111:

grin grin grin grin grin

There is something I have come to notice; terrorist in northern African countries i:e: Algeria, egypt, Libya etc. hide weapon caches in the undulating desert dunes and mountain rocks. I don't think BHT will keep such weapon caches or deploy such tactics.

Most terrorist groups in these "countries" operates in fewer numbers under the protection of sleeper cells, underground tunnels, mountainous terrain to carry out there hit and run tactics unlike BHT. And each of these cells, tunnels or hideouts have there own weapon caches.

Algerian1:

Also in algeria 74 terrorists have surrendered since the beginning of the year ( 2018 ) , and each one will give many informations about weapons caches and terrorists activities .

so its intelligence services from smmugglers arrested and terrorist that surrend . in the final result published for anti terrorist 2018 results . 32 terrorists killed , 25 arrested alive and 132 terrorists have surrended . . and to get amnesty accords for terrorist you have to give valuable informations like caches , terorist organisation ect ....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 8:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
I think another difference is that in Nigeria, we are door to door with our neighbors,(In some communities that is) that is you see towns in both countries separated by a few feet of road, border fence won't work, our communities are too intertwined in so many junctions that building a fence all over our border will decimate trade btw these communities. For Algeria, though haven't seen their map in relation to their nearest neighbors, but I'm assuming they have deserts etc, it's different in our case where you can stick your neck out from your home on the Nigerian side and see into the living room of your neighbor living in Cameroon ( exaggeration grin) . Which kind fence you want build there?
Who is going to monitor these fences? Such barrier will be defeated.
Human intelligence and economic revival/ employment is key, otherwise una go just dey play hide and seek with BH for another 20yrs.

As for Kabe1, why the insults, that was uncalled for
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jakeporeshenkoo: 8:45pm On Apr 21, 2019
kabe1:

How do you really really expect him to annswer that question your Royal foolishness?

You're too dull!!
I bet you don’t know that Algerian1 served in the military (Mandatory conscription) even if he doesn’t have a direct answer he can still shed some light on the matter.
Now you’re the real royal foolishness wink

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jakeporeshenkoo: 8:54pm On Apr 21, 2019
Sizzorkay:
I think another difference is that in Nigeria, we are door to door with our neighbors,(In some communities that is) that is you see towns in both countries separated by a few feet of road, border fence won't work, our communities are too intertwined in so many junctions that building a fence all over our border will decimate trade btw these communities. For Algeria, though haven't seen their map in relation to their nearest neighbors, but I'm assuming they have deserts etc, it's different in our case where you can stick your neck out from your home on the Nigerian side and see into the living room of your neighbor living in Cameroon ( exaggeration grin) . Which kind fence you want build there?
Who is going to monitor these fences? Such barrier will be defeated.
Human intelligence and economic revival/ employment is key, otherwise una go just dey play hide and seek with BH for another 20yrs.

As for Kabe1, why the insults, that was uncalled for
Technology now, sensors and cameras and good old fashion manpower, on nemesis thread you can see some nice gadgets India deploys to monitor its border with Pakistan.

As for trade I am not saying close off our borders and stop movement of people, I’m saying make sure the movement is monitored and channeled through official crossing points manned by immigration personnel.
In summary I’m saying that we need to make it more difficult to smuggle arms into Nigeria, the reports about proliferation of small arms in the region is damning, by 2008 we had 8 million illegal small arms in west Africa alone and Nigeria accounted for like 80%!

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jakeporeshenkoo: 9:08pm On Apr 21, 2019
By Brenda Uji
“Somewhere in Northern Borno. Those Chadian Soldiers, they're... quite different!! With their signature two-door Land Cruiser trucks and turbans- they don't care much for body armour too.
Mostly slim bodied, they thrive on sugary local tea, love camel meat, and adapt pretty well to the harsh environment.

Chadian soldiers have been an asset to the Counter-terror operations in the region. Their increasing involvement at this time has also meant that more successes are being recorded against the enemy. The ongoing Operation Yancin Tafki has been dealing ISWAP/BH a heavy blow.“

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jakeporeshenkoo: 9:09pm On Apr 21, 2019

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:40pm On Apr 21, 2019
jakeporeshenkoo:
By Brenda Uji
“Somewhere in Northern Borno. Those Chadian Soldiers, they're... quite different!! With their signature two-door Land Cruiser trucks and turbans- they don't care much for body armour too.
Mostly slim bodied, they thrive on sugary local tea, love camel meat, and adapt pretty well to the harsh environment.

Chadian soldiers have been an asset to the Counter-terror operations in the region. Their increasing involvement at this time has also meant that more successes are being recorded against the enemy. The ongoing Operation Yancin Tafki has been dealing ISWAP/BH a heavy blow.“

I admire her courage a lot, you only see few ladies in these type of hazardous profession in these part of the world.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:50pm On Apr 21, 2019
jakeporeshenkoo:
l
I bet you don’t know that Algerian1 served in the military (Mandatory conscription) even if he doesn’t have a direct answer he can still shed some light on the matter.
Now you’re the real royal foolishness wink

Don't mind the fool

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2019
jakeporeshenkoo:

Technology now, sensors and cameras and good old fashion manpower, on nemesis thread you can see some nice gadgets India deploys to monitor its border with Pakistan.

here you can see an exemple in this video from 03:00 to 05:22 of a sensor ( the NightOwl Z optoelectronic and infrared imaging system) used by algerian army to monitor borders . they detected illegal migrants and arrest them on the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x9fzP1gM2c

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 10:11pm On Apr 21, 2019
jakeporeshenkoo:
By Brenda Uji

Truth be told, the Chadians are a big game changer. They are bringing back the long lost morale of Nigerian soldiers.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jakeporeshenkoo: 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2019
bidexiii:

I admire her courage a lot, you only see few ladies in these type of hazardous profession in these part of the world.
Exactly what I was just telling her on Twitter now, do you know she even got an award from the chief of army staff, I feel like defense journalist/correspondents like her and Muhammed Abdulkadir of NTA deserve accolades, to sit inside Hilux for 8+ hrs from Maiduguri to the frontline on IED laden roads is not beans oh.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 10:44pm On Apr 21, 2019
I get that, some have mentioned just fencing off stuff and leave it as is, which is the idea i said will be defeated.
And to get to your point, all that is possible, but it takes a serious country to do all that, Nigeria isn't one, it will never happen, not in 20yrs. So we can forget about it. To do such, it takes discipline, manpower, resources and constant maintenance for decades to come, i don't see us doing any of that.
And how many controlled access points will there be? We are talking about areas with extreme poverty, where most people don't have a means of transportation. Anyways, we shall see.

jakeporeshenkoo:

As for trade I am not saying close off our borders and stop movement of people, I’m saying make sure the movement is monitored and channeled through official crossing points manned by immigration personnel.
In summary I’m saying that we need to make it more difficult to smuggle arms into Nigeria, the reports about proliferation of small arms in the region is damning, by 2008 we had 8 million illegal small arms in west Africa alone and Nigeria accounted for like 80%!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 21, 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jelal0007(m): 9:45am On Apr 22, 2019
kabe1:

You're too dull!!
you're very intelligent sir.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jakeporeshenkoo: 10:12am On Apr 22, 2019
Egyptian peacekeeping forces provided with the Egyptian-Made Temsah-2 MRAPs in Mali

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 11:23am On Apr 22, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 12:45pm On Apr 22, 2019
why is it that almost everytime the president is travelling he goes with the director of NIA
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:01pm On Apr 22, 2019
Jelal0007:
you're very intelligent sir.

Another dummy... cry
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:25pm On Apr 22, 2019
PRESS RELEASE:

OPERATION HARBIN KUNAMA 111: TROOPS AMBUSH BANDITS IN ZAMFARA VILLAGES, Arrest 18 Informants, Recover Arms & Motorcycles

Troops on Operation HABIN KUNAMA III, based on credible intelligence about bandits movements in Kirsa and Sunke in Anka Local Government Area of Zamfara State, have on the 20th of April 2019 continued with the clearance operation into the hinterland to clear the brigands.

Consequently, the troops made contact and engaged the bandits in a fierce shoot out at the bushes of Kirsa and Sunke villages which resulted in the extermination of six (6) criminals, the recovery of two AK 47 Riffles and two motorcycles.

Similarly, at the general areas of Doka and Mutu villages in Gusau Local Government Area of Zamfara State, troops on clearance operation also had a serious encounter on the 20th of April 2019 with a group of well armed bandits which lasted for about two hours. The brigands were armed with sophisticated automatic weapons, were overpowered by troops, forcing survivors among them to abandon their camps and logistics which were destroyed by the troops.

Additionally,18 suspected informants and errand men to the bandits including the village Heads of Doka and Mutu villages were arrested. The following items were also recovered;
a. 3 x motorcycles
b. 2 x dane guns
c. 2 x machetes

The Force Commander (FC) Major Geneneral Hakeem Oladapo Otiki reiterated the resolve of troops to tackle the menace of armed banditry and other forms of criminality in Zamfara and the contiguous states of Kebbi, Katsina and Sokoto. He enjoined members of the public to continue cooperating with the troops and other security agencies by providing information that will assist in dealing with bandits/banditry activities in the States.

SAGIR MUSA
Colonel
Acting Director Army Public Relations
21 April 2019

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jelal0007(m): 4:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
bidexiii:

Another dummy... cry
that was an ironic statement. Don't try to prove the dude correct.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 5:13pm On Apr 22, 2019
Jelal0007:

grin grin grin grin

Bidexiii is helplessly dull.

It's not an insult.

He's confirming it right here again. grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:00pm On Apr 22, 2019
Jelal0007:

I don't need to prove the psycho right or telling him is ironically intelligent, is quite foolish............. undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2019
kabe1:

grin grin grin grin

Bidexiii is helplessly dull.

It's not an insult.

He's confirming it right here again. grin grin

IN THE LAND OF THE WITLESS YOU WILL BE MADE KING
grin

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jelal0007(m): 6:27pm On Apr 22, 2019
bidexiii:

I don't need to prove the psycho right or telling him is ironically intelligent, is quite foolish............. undecided
I guess he was right about you after all. Dimwit.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:29pm On Apr 22, 2019
‪ In line with keeping his tradition of celebrating festive periods with Nigerian Air Force (NAF) frontline troops, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, is in Maiduguri today, 22 April 2019, for an Easter Luncheon6 at the Headquarters of the Air Task Force (ATF) Operation LAFIYA DOLE (OPLD). The luncheon affords the CAS the opportunity to interact with the troops in an informal setting to appreciate them for their sacrifices in the fight against insurgency, thereby boosting their morale. It also serves to fill the void created by the inability of the personnel to celebrate the season with their families. Apart from members of the NAF family, the Lawan of Gomari and other members of the Gomari Community attended the luncheon. Similar luncheons were earlier held for ATF OPLD troops in Yola and personnel serving under the ATF Operation DIRAN MIKIYA in Katsina. Details later. ‬

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:42pm On Apr 22, 2019
Jelal0007:
I guess he was right about you after all. Dimwit.

Owww..... I was ironically telling you also; calling that pyscho's statement "ironically intellegent" would be foolish, was that offensive undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (881) (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.