Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,805 members, 7,862,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:24 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (900) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3075850 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) (902) (903) ... (2204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 10:16am On May 10, 2019
Somewhere in the video, someone was heard asking,'what are you firing(at)?what did you see?'
Was also giving tips on ammo conservation.
I know naturally when shit hits the fan, most people run on PURE ADRENALINE but... To the extent of wasting ammo like that?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:28am On May 10, 2019
PRESS RELEASE

EXERCISE HARBIN KUNAMA 111: ARMY ARRESTS LOGISTICS SUPPLIER, WEAPONS MANUFACTURER & Kill 2 Kidnappers

Troops on Exercise HARBIN KUNAMA 111, have continued to record successes as notorious logistics supplier for bandits crouching between Jibia - Batsari axis - one Marwana Abubakar was arrested at Kwashabawa village in Jibia Local Government Area (LGA) of Katsina State on Wednesday the 8th of May 2019.

Similarly, based on a tip off, troops of 311 Artillery Regiment, successfully conducted a raid operation on a suspected facility in Kontagora township. During the raid, some weapons were discovered and recovered. A local weapons fabricator Mr Salisu Ibrahim was also arrested by the troops in Kontagora, Kontagora LGA of Niger State.

Recall that on the same Wednesday 8th of May 2019, based on credible information received from a good Samaritan, soldiers of 1 Division Garrison have also raided kidnappers' hideout, killed 2 hoodlums, recovered two AK 47 Rifles, 2 Magazines with 51 rounds of 7.62 mm Special ammunition and 2 techno cell phone in an abondoned farm house at Gonan Bature east of Rijana and Kasarami in Chukun LGA of Kaduna State.

In a related development, troops of 6 Division on routine patrol have discovered illegal refining sites and Cellophane bags at Oyakama community, Ahoada West LGA of Rivers State, and arrested two suspected oil bunkerers. Also two pipeline vandals and illegal oil bunkerers were intercepted along Sapele - Warri road in Sapele LGA of Delta State and their vehicles destroyed. Accordingly, two pipelines vandals were equally arrested at Ogbagbene Jetty in Ekeremor LGA of Bayelsa State.

Nigerian Army, as usual, is unwavering in its commitment and determination to checkmate insecurity in Nigeria, and will continue to sensitize and request members of the public to provide useful information to it and other security agencies for an effective and successful fight against the myriad of security challenges across the nation.

SAGIR MUSA
Colonel
Acting Director Army Public Relations
9 May 2019

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:21pm On May 10, 2019
AVM AO Adesanya honouring the invitation of the Russian Government to the 2019 Victory Day Parade at the Red Square in the Kremlin, Moscow.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Omololu001: 12:10am On May 11, 2019
Nicheey:

Bless you bruh... Most Nigerians and their abnormal ways of thinking...

Invading(air strikes) Nigeria through the south, precisely rivers calabar delta is near impossible,except such invaders have an aircraft carrial where they can refuel,cut distances etc... Even at that,the navy would have responded so it's near impossible. I dont see any one asking why all almost all the naval bases are in the south.
all this una excuse holds no water. With all the military bases in the north, insecurity is out of control grin.
Military bases should be shared between the north and south 50/50.

Nigeria existence is just favoring the north.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Omololu001: 12:14am On May 11, 2019
harjorlarh:

conventional warfare is very much different from war in terrorism
they have very different ideology,just go to Twitter,nigerians insult themselves daily but the moment a foreigner steps into the feud everyone takes the foreigner,in a country of 200 million there's no way at least 20 million won't be ready to defend it's integrity
Stop deceiving yourself about all this so called Nigeria unity. With the comments I see on Nigeria politics section, Facebook and Twitter Nigerians are not united at all.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 1:00am On May 11, 2019
Sometimes, some people don't understand what it means for fight for country.
Number 1 thing you gotta ask yourself is, what has those in Government done to fix the country.
Do we have welfare system in Nigeria?
Home loans?
Credit cards? If yes, how many people have one.
Bank Loans? In our case, you get 5 million naira, banks want it paid back in 2 weeks with over 20% interest.
Social security?
Retirement plan for those employed?
Mortgage system etc
The list goes on and on, so my point is, why would most Nigerians fight for Nigeria when the Govt right from time has been nothing but useless.
In other words, when Govt functions, there is no benefit to the people, and if the country get invaded and that same Govt collapses, there is no loss to the people, not like it mattered before.
You gotta have something to lose, before you fight for your country. In our case,children of poor people will go and die so the thieving rich politicians can keep on stealing, while unemployment is thru the roof.
We don't have a system in place to fight for, because we gain nothing from Nigeria for the most part. Unlike in developed countries where they have their way of life and systems in place that support the people, Nigeria have none, so what are you fighting for? Not saying not to, but to say 20 million Nigerians will enlist, i doubt that.
How many pensioners in Nigeria are dying daily while waiting for a pension that never arrive? Go to countries with serious leadership, you get your check when due.
Therefore if you expect patriotism, then have better support system in place for the people, let them see the benefit of having a stable and functional Nigeria, not the mess we currently call country.
Sorry for derailing smiley. Just my own opinion here, feel free to disagree, it's normal to

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 1:05am On May 11, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Sometimes, some people don't understand what it means for fight for country.
Number 1 thing you gotta ask yourself is, what has those in Government done to fix the country.
Do we have welfare system in Nigeria?
Home loans?
Credit cards? If yes, how many people have one.
Bank Loans? In our case, you get 5 million naira, banks want it paid back in 2 weeks with over 20% interest.
Social security?
Retirement plan for those employed?
Mortgage system etc
The list goes on and on, so my point is, why would most Nigerians fight for Nigeria when the Govt right from time has been nothing but useless.
In other words, when Govt functions, there is no benefit to the people, and if the country get invaded and that same Govt collapses, there is no loss to the people, not like it mattered before.
You gotta have something to lose, before you fight for your country. In our case,children of poor people will go and die so the thieving rich politicians can keep on stealing, while unemployment is thru the roof.
We don't have a system in place to fight for, because we gain nothing from Nigeria for the most part. Unlike in developed countries where they have their way of life and systems in place that support the people, Nigeria have none, so what are you fighting for? Not saying not to, but to say 20 million Nigerians will enlist, i doubt that.
How many pensioners in Nigeria are dying daily while waiting for a pension that never arrive? Go to countries with serious leadership, you get your check when due.
Sorry for derailing smiley. Just my own opinion here, feel free to disagree, it's normal to
hehehehe,one guy said they should sell nigeria and give everyone his share

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 1:06am On May 11, 2019
After the politicians are done taking their cut, perhaps we all get 5 Naira each, if we're lucky lol
Texman21:
hehehehe,one guy said they should sell nigeria and give everyone his share
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 1:12am On May 11, 2019
Sizzorkay:
After the politicians are done taking their cut, perhaps we all get 5 Naira each, if we're lucky lol
sometimes i just ask myself WTF is nigeria heading to perharps edge of a cliff according flat earthers

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 3:30am On May 11, 2019
Just lack of planning, it's like the country just take it one day at a time, without a solid plan for the future, then we get caught napping.
So instead of preparing for the worst, we react after it has already started, but with more exposure and education, activism, we will get there.
After all these political godfathers are all dead, perhaps then Nigeria can finally sort herself out
Texman21:
sometimes i just ask myself WTF is nigeria heading to perharps edge of a cliff according flat earthers
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:18am On May 11, 2019
PRESS RELEASE

TROOPS NEUTRALIZE 7 TERRORISTS AND RECOVER 7 RIFLES TODAY

Troops of 22 Brigade, 7 Division Nigerian Army(NA) on Operation HARD STRIKE in collaboration with some members of Civilian JTF, conducted a clearance operation today Thursday the 10th of May 2019 along the deserted Fuye and Melere villages of Borno State where they had contact and serious battle with some Boko Haram terrorists at Gulwa.

The exchange of fire resulted in the extermination of 7 terrorists and recovery of 7 Rifles (6 x AK 47 and 1 x FN Rifle).

There was no casualty on the part of the NA Soldiers or Civilian JTF.

The NA, through the Division, is unwavering in its commitment and determination to end Boko Haram terrorism and any other form of insecurity in Nigeria, and will continue to sensitize and request members of the public to provide useful information to it and other security agencies for an effective and successful fight against the myriad of security challenges across the nation.

SAGIR MUSA
Colonel
10 May 2019

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:20am On May 11, 2019
PRESS RELEASE

UPDATE ON EXERCISE HARBIN KUNAMA 111

Troops of Sector 3 Operation HARBIN KUNAMA 111 on clearance operation have again eliminated one hoodlum and destroyed bandits' camp at Sabon Madada forest on Friday the 9th of May 2019.

Similarly, Sector 3 patrol team, on routine Patrol has rescued a kidnapped victim one Mr Nasiru Aliyu along Talata Mafara - Gusau rd on the 8th of May 2019.

SAGIR MUSA
Colonel

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 8:21am On May 11, 2019
bidexiii:
PRESS RELEASE

TROOPS NEUTRALIZE 7 TERRORISTS AND RECOVER 7 RIFLES TODAY

Troops of 22 Brigade, 7 Division Nigerian Army(NA) on Operation HARD STRIKE in collaboration with some members of Civilian JTF, conducted a clearance operation today Thursday the 10th of May 2019 along the deserted Fuye and Melere villages of Borno State where they had contact and serious battle with some Boko Haram terrorists at Gulwa.

The exchange of fire resulted in the extermination of 7 terrorists and recovery of 7 Rifles (6 x AK 47 and 1 x FN Rifle).

There was no casualty on the part of the NA Soldiers or Civilian JTF.

The NA, through the Division, is unwavering in its commitment and determination to end Boko Haram terrorism and any other form of insecurity in Nigeria, and will continue to sensitize and request members of the public to provide useful information to it and other security agencies for an effective and successful fight against the myriad of security challenges across the nation.

SAGIR MUSA
Colonel
10 May 2019

First time the numbers added up
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:06am On May 11, 2019
Fynline:

... ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 12:03pm On May 11, 2019
bidexiii:

... ?

Number of dead to riffles recovered
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 12:04pm On May 11, 2019
bidexiii:
Continued use and fleet growth may eventually result in doctrinal developments but unsurpassable challenges may remain if Egypt continues to rely on Chinese suppliers/can not lift western restrictions.

Anyone want something like this in more detailed article form?
yes... please. i really need it

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 11, 2019
lionel4power:
yes... please. i really need it

No you don't
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kenpaul0: 1:46pm On May 11, 2019
U just like to sound intelligent Sha......We are bordered in the South by Benin Republic and Cameroun...Are u saying air strikes cannot come from their? And please which Ship in the Navies inventory can stop jets striking us ?

Nicheey:

Bless you bruh... Most Nigerians and their abnormal ways of thinking...

Invading(air strikes) Nigeria through the south, precisely rivers calabar delta is near impossible,except such invaders have an aircraft carrial where they can refuel,cut distances etc... Even at that,the navy would have responded so it's near impossible. I dont see any one asking why all almost all the naval bases are in the south.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nicheey(m): 1:59pm On May 11, 2019
kenpaul0:
U just like to sound intelligent Sha......We are bordered in the South by Benin Republic and Cameroun...Are u saying air strikes cannot come from their? And please which Ship in the Navies inventory can stop jets striking us ?

Lol benin republic is a member of ecowas, why will Cameroon use air strikes (cost) when they can march to markurdi? Or maiduguri?...
Below is the map,do the battle assessment your self.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:23pm On May 11, 2019
Fynline:

Number of dead to riffles recovered

It's the first time for me too reading NA report where the number of terrorist KIA equalls the number of weapons recovered.
It's in rare occasion when such things happen. We are fighting an enemy who understands the psychological aspect of war: an enemy who dosent leave is dead behind expect the battle heat is unbearable neither weapons from fallen comrades. The number of dead will never tally with numbers of recovered weapons: it will always happen in 1 out of every 100 occasion.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 3:44pm On May 11, 2019
kenpaul0:

So who told you Nigeria solely needs a warship to stop/intercept an air raid? Underestimate the capability of Nigerian military at ur own peril.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 4:35pm On May 11, 2019
ugo4u:

So who told you Nigeria solely needs a warship to stop/intercept an air raid? Underestimate the capability of Nigerian military at ur own peril.
nigeria does not need a warship to interceptor an air raid.our satellites can do that in seconds even before entering our airspace
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 4:42pm On May 11, 2019

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:59pm On May 11, 2019
grin my God
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 11, 2019
Toju200:
xxxxxx does not need a warship to interceptor an air raid.our satellites can do that in seconds even before entering our airspace

Observation satellites r mostly in polar LEO orbits.

They have a revisit time during which an entire army can pass through the region of interest , without ur satellite and u being wise to it grin

Too much Hollywood sir
If it includes American pie I will forgive u grin

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:17pm On May 11, 2019
nemesis8u:

Do u even know how satellites work ?

They have a revisit time during which an entire army can pass through the region of interest , without ur satellite and u being wise to it grin

Too much Hollywood sir

lol grin it's not Hollywood I know very well that satellites can provide Intel on Aircraft entering our airspace.from Defense space administration in Abuja
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:18pm On May 11, 2019
And Also the geospatial center at HQ naf
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Seened: 5:19pm On May 11, 2019
nemesis8u:

Too much Hollywood sir
If it includes American pie I will forgive u grin

I'm joining you to laugh my guts out grin. If my country men can remove their subjective lenses and look reality smack in the face then a quarter of our problems will be solved.

We seem to have this false, inaccurate and overbloated sense of proportion with respect to the outside world.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 5:20pm On May 11, 2019
Haha, i thought same thing last night lol
Fynline:

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 11, 2019
Toju200:
lol grin it's not Hollywood I know very well that satellites can provide Intel on Aircraft entering our airspace.

Sir I give up grin

Incase u want to understand google this " satellite revisit time "

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:27pm On May 11, 2019
nemesis8u:

Sir I give up grin

Incase u want to understand google this " satellite revisit time "
grin lol I was just joking
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 11, 2019
Seened:

I'm joining you to laugh my guts out grin. If my country men can remove their subjective lenses and look reality smack in the face then a quarter of our problems will be solved.

We seem to have this false, inaccurate and overbloated sense of proportion with respect to the outside world.

I will join u in the same grin

Problem is universal , in all countries , what varies is the extent.

People no longer read books but read blogs forums which have no verified information.

So much information both right and wrong available online , one cannot differential between right and wrong , people simply choose what suits them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) (902) (903) ... (2204) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.