Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,270 members, 7,867,713 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:11 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (903) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3080665 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) ... (2204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:31am On May 14, 2019
bidexiii:
PRESS RELEASE

They let the rifles in their hands for pics Thats really dangerous
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 7:50am On May 14, 2019
A gun without bullets is just paper weight, and I'm sure there are cops there with guns.
Or you think those guns were loaded? lol. Then again, knowing Naija, they might be.
Though i agree, it's stupid doing stuff like that, and we always do. Why even parade suspect, detain them and let the courts sort them out and the media report on it
Algerian1:

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:32am On May 14, 2019
Sizzorkay:
A gun without bullets is just paper weight, and I'm sure there are cops there with guns.
Or you think those guns were loaded? lol. Then again, knowing Naija, they might be.
Though i agree, it's stupid doing stuff like that, and we always do. Why even parade suspect, detain them and let the courts sort them out and the media report on it

Nope the danger is . if a.suspect is hidding a bullet in his clothes wink . it took only 1 second to arm the bullet in the chamber and on the pic even the security of the AK is down . thats another big mistake . so he can shot even faster if one of them is hidding a bullet

1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 8:43am On May 14, 2019
Algerian1:

There is a video online where Nigerian police officers handed a gun to an alleged kidnapper and cheered him on as he dismantled and coupled back the gun in "record time."

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 10:04am On May 14, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Regardless of whether a bullet is in it or not, it's a stupid thing to put weapons in the hands of criminals.

NPF is really fond of placing weapons close to criminals when parading them for the press. We are going to learn the hard way some day if we refuse to change.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:07am On May 14, 2019
PRESS RELEASE

DHQ, BMATT TRAIN MILITARY, PARAMILITARY OFFICERS ON JOINT CAMPAIGN PLANNING... AS CDS CHARGES SECURITY AGENCIES ON SYNERGY

In an effort to build operational capacity in the Armed Forces of Nigeria, the Defence Headquarters (DHQ), in collaboration with the British Advisory Training Team (BMATT) has commenced a Joint Campaign Planning Course for selected military and paramilitary officers, including high operational level staff of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) of government.
The course was inaugurated at the Defence Intelligence College, Abuja on Monday 13 May 2019, by the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), General Gabriel Abayomi Olonisakin, where he emphasized the need for more effective collaboration among security agencies in tackling insecurity in the country.

He said the main goal of the Joint Operational Planning Course is to further promote efficiency in joint operations, as participants are expected to gain in-depth knowledge on campaign planning necessary for joint military operations. At the end of the course, the participants would be well grounded in the integrated concepts of joint operational planning.

Speaking during the inauguration ceremony of the course, the CDS, who was represented by the Director Campaign Planning, DHQ, Major General Benjamin Ahanotu, said the course will address the various lapses witnessed in previous and ongoing joint operations, especially, in counter terrorism and counter insurgency operations.
General Ahanotu added that the participants would gain further insight into the principles and processes of joint operational campaign planning. He noted further that “tardiness and inadequate cooperation in joint operational campaign planning,” would also be addressed by the participants during the course.

Speaking on the internal security and peace keeping efforts by the Armed Forces, the CDS said, joint planning was paramount in the ongoing campaigns, which he described as "asymmetric warfare". He pointed out that “military effort alone, could not restore internal peace and security,” saying that synergy and collaboration from the police, paramilitary and MDAs was imperative.

Commenting on the training collaboration between Nigeria and United Kingdom, the CDS, commended the efforts of the BMATT towards building the capacity of the Nigerian Armed Forces in order to address its internal security challenges and urged the participants to therefore take full advantage of the course to enhance their knowledge on joint campaign planning.

On his part, the BMATT facilitator, Wing Commander Nick Limb, expressed optimism that the training would stimulate series of discussions, as well as intellectual and mental exercises which will assist Nigeria to tackle security challenges in a more complex environment, given the new trend of insecurity around the globe.
Wing Commander Limb commended the current DHQ leadership for what he described as “bringing together better cooperation and integration between all arms of military, non-military elements, security services and other agencies of government with a view to empowering them on joint campaign planning.

The course which is expected to last for 2 weeks, is the 6th Batch of participants being trained by DHQ in partnership with BMATT.

It would be recalled that the DHQ recently concluded a Training Conference from 8 – 9 May 2019 at the National Defence College Abuja, where the need for joint training and collaboration between the military and other security agencies was emphasised by participants.

ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Colonel
Acting Director Defence Information
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 11:40am On May 14, 2019
giles14:
four hours road drive? Algeria to Nigeria khmmmm

I dont understand you bros, is Algerian army not 4 hours road drive away from Nigerian territory? We all are human, nobody is above correction, but I don't post comments without cross checking my facts first, I no dey compete with some people here fooling themselves about imaginary title of 'regular forum contributor' that will not put food on my table for the time spent online grin grin Oya bros tell me wetin I talk that is not a fact about Algeria road time to Nigeria.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 12:01pm On May 14, 2019
ugo4u:

lol!!! I think say na only me see am, maybe he's just being sarcastic. We don't share border with them it will take almost 3days or more to get to the nearest Nigerian boarder from Algeria.

Who told you all land wars only happen between countries sharing common land borders? UAE army invaded and still occupies Yemen today, with the peak invasion force of more than 200 leclarec tank, bmp-3 ifv, rhino g-6 artilleries, mraps etc, battalions of soldiers, elite troops, UAE has no land border with Yemen at all, but moved a whole mechanized army there with speed of lions. Land distance between UAE and Yemen is about same as land distance between Algeria and Nigeria.

So, you need to beg me and say sorry for yabbing over the bar, and I will gladly forgive you. Nobody is perfect, but I always cross check my facts before I post comment, and most of you guys here do not do that, you shoot first, and later see the target is not the bushmeat you assumed carelessly. Anyway I forgive you bro, go and sin no more grin grin grin

What UAE is doing in Yemen today, is big warning lesson to Nigerian military and civilian leaders who make foolish assumptions that the only threat to Nigeria forever are weak countries like Cameroon Chad we share common land borders with, to think smart is strange to our country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:08pm On May 14, 2019
Algeria and Nigeria going into war hmmm its going to be tough not going to be easy for both countries to come out victorious. Cos one country has advantage over the other in some kind of way never under estimate some countries o.just like Yemen and Saudi war.many thought Saudi would sink Yemen in Months and they would surrender. But no Yemen began bringing down Saudi jets and sank a Jordan warship with ballistic missile.they began hitting Saudi bases with ballistic missile and rockets
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 12:38pm On May 14, 2019
Toju200:
Algeria and Nigeria going into war hmmm its going to be tough not going to be easy for both countries to come out victorious. Cos one country has advantage over the other in some kind of way never under estimate some countries o.just like Yemen and Saudi war.many thought Saudi would sink Yemen in Months and they would surrender. But no Yemen began bringing down Saudi jets and sank a Jordan warship with ballistic missile.they began hitting Saudi bases with ballistic missile and rockets

How difficult was it for Boko Haram to make our soldiers run away as they uproot Nigerian army bases, enter NAF base destroy jets and helicopter gunship, capture army barracks and loot our armouries, take over our tanks and use them against us, capture 60 towns and establish caliphate government on land size big as Belgium collecting taxes from Nigerians? We forget so soon? The price we paid for beating our chest proudly with our obsolete weapons? Pride goes before a fall.

Anybody saying one country will never fight another is a fool claiming to be God that knows the future. Algeria fought big war vs its fellow Islamic brother Morocco, they killed one another brutally like cow for suya. You dont fear a man that can kill his own brother?

Algeria vs Nigeria, they are only 4 hours by straight land speed drive to Nigeria on shortest border line to border line, speed and type of vehicle determines time across open lands with no natural barrier to stop them. Algeria needs no permission from Niger Republic to cross their open desert or did Boko Haram get transit visa from Niger and Chad to drive those hundreds of anti-aircraft toyota technicals from Libya to Borno?

Nigeria will fight back and try not to lose, but we will sustain initial very very very heavy army casualties, all our current junk tanks and all armoured vehicles will be destroyed, we will beg for foreign help in disgrace, and then re-arm, then try win back our lost territory. The wide gap between weapons of Algerian army and Nigerian army is too wide a gap, too dangerously wide, thats what we are saying. Our leaders are not wise does not make we followers fools, its a matter of who has privilege to occupy positions of authority in Nigeria.

I just re-wrote what ordinary Boko Haram did to Nigerian army 2014, anybody who says Algeria is weaker than Boko Haram is a fool, a super-fool grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 1:35pm On May 14, 2019
[/b]Anybody saying one country will never fight another is a fool claiming to be God that knows the future( and vice Versa )[b]. Algeria fought big war vs its fellow Islamic brother Morocco, they killed one another brutally like cow for suya. You dont fear a man that can kill his own brother
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 14, 2019
SupremeCourt:

[s]How difficult was it for Boko Haram to make our soldiers run away as they uproot Nigerian army bases, enter NAF base destroy jets and helicopter gunship, capture army barracks and loot our armouries, take over our tanks and use them against us, capture 60 towns and establish caliphate government on land size big as Belgium collecting taxes from Nigerians? We forget so soon? The price we paid for beating our chest proudly with our obsolete weapons? Pride goes before a fall.

Anybody saying one country will never fight another is a fool claiming to be God that knows the future. Algeria fought big war vs its fellow Islamic brother Morocco, they killed one another brutally like cow for suya. You dont fear a man that can kill his own brother?

Algeria vs Nigeria, they are only 4 hours by straight land speed drive to Nigeria on shortest border line to border line, speed and type of vehicle determines time across open lands with no natural barrier to stop them. Algeria needs no permission from Niger Republic to cross their open desert or did Boko Haram get transit visa from Niger and Chad to drive those hundreds of anti-aircraft toyota technicals from Libya to Borno?

Nigeria will fight back and try not to lose, but we will sustain initial very very very heavy army casualties, all our current junk tanks and all armoured vehicles will be destroyed, we will beg for foreign help in disgrace, and then re-arm, then try win back our lost territory. The wide gap between weapons of Algerian army and Nigerian army is too wide a gap, too dangerously wide, thats what we are saying. Our leaders are not wise does not make we followers fools, its a matter of who has privilege to occupy positions of authority in Nigeria.

I just re-wrote what ordinary Boko Haram did to Nigerian army 2014, anybody who says Algeria is weaker than Boko Haram is a fool, a super-fool [/s]grin
nairaland war analyst grin grin

Too much of video games and Hollywood movies has reconfigured ur brain grin

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 2:05pm On May 14, 2019
krattoss:
nairaland war analyst grin grin

Too much of video games and Hollywood movies has reconfigured ur brain grin

That looks like war analysis to you? It's just re-writing Boko Haram events of 2014, common public knowledge. Many of you here do nothing than start meaningless fights, and when your side loses, you say the winner is derailing forum off topic. Anyway, not everybody knows why 2 + 2 = 4 not 22 grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 2:14pm On May 14, 2019
rka2:

Long established problems. If the NAF & NN to an extent , can re-strategise, why not the NA? It isn't just restricted to the military, but many facets of Nigerian life. Unless Abuja is threatened directly again, the political class will not budge.
Most of them are too militarily illiterate to understand the vast amount of money needed to train and equip the security forces.

I am beginning to think the USA was right back in the nineties when they wanted the NA reduced in size and better trained. We would have had a more efficient, mobile and better equipped force rather than the cumbersome, ill equipped and underfunded neanderthal force.

Its true our political class is militarily illiterate, but we had a overseas trained brigadier general Mark senate president 8 years, Bankole 8 years speaker house of reps is British army artillery officer, president 8 years Buhari is American trained armoured corps general, Nigerians just dont know how to make our country work. We pay army salary monthly, they should up their game, but when major general goes on TV to show one rifle as reason for needing $1 billion cash, you wonder how our army presents its list of needs to politicians. We just have no problem solvers leading Nigeria at all levels, we handed over our nation to mediocrity, we all will suffer for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 2:52pm On May 14, 2019
Might wanna read what i already wrote before repeating same thing.
Never said it was a good idea
Xbee007:

Regardless of whether a bullet is in it or not, it's a stupid thing to put weapons in the hands of criminals.

NPF is really fond of placing weapons close to criminals when parading them for the press. We are going to learn the hard way some day if we refuse to change.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 3:03pm On May 14, 2019
Lord, if that same bh fought Nigerian military in a conventional war, BH menace would have been over within weeks. To compare BH run and hide attacks to conventional war is lunacy.
And no, Algeria won't defeat Nigeria inside Nigeria, it will be a bloody affair. Remember, war doesn't start without cause, so if Nigeria have Algeria as a natural enemy that could attack at any given moment, Nigeria would have prepared for that.( yes one shouldn't wait until there is a threat, i get that)
Algeria have potential enemies, and theirs are capable, that's why they are constantly arming up.
It takes time for wars to start, one country you have no issues with won't just wake up one morning and drive into your territory and start killing, for what.
And again, comparing state actors to non-state actors, BH are terrorists, criminals, why would they ask for permission to commit crimes.
SupremeCourt:

How difficult was it for Boko Haram to make our soldiers run away as they uproot Nigerian army bases, enter NAF base destroy jets and helicopter gunship, capture army barracks and loot our armouries, take over our tanks and use them against us, capture 60 towns and establish caliphate government on land size big as Belgium collecting taxes from Nigerians? We forget so soon? The price we paid for beating our chest proudly with our obsolete weapons? Pride goes before a fall.

I just re-wrote what ordinary Boko Haram did to Nigerian army 2014, anybody who says Algeria is weaker than Boko Haram is a fool, a super-fool grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 3:04pm On May 14, 2019
SupremeCourt:

Who told you all land wars only happen between countries sharing common land borders? UAE army invaded and still occupies Yemen today, with the peak invasion force of more than 200 leclarec tank, bmp-3 ifv, rhino g-6 artilleries, mraps etc, battalions of soldiers, elite troops, UAE has no land border with Yemen at all, but moved a whole mechanized army there with speed of lions. Land distance between UAE and Yemen is about same as land distance between Algeria and Nigeria.

So, you need to beg me and say sorry for yabbing over the bar, and I will gladly forgive you. Nobody is perfect, but I always cross check my facts before I post comment, and most of you guys here do not do that, you shoot first, and later see the target is not the bushmeat you assumed carelessly. Anyway I forgive you bro, go and sin no more grin grin grin

What UAE is doing in Yemen today, is big warning lesson to Nigerian military and civilian leaders who make foolish assumptions that the only threat to Nigeria forever are weak countries like Cameroon Chad we share common land borders with, to think smart is strange to our country.
Bros no matter all the epistle you type, you can't convince me that Algeria to Nigeria is 4 hours on road even if you're using a Ferrari you can't achieve that feat talkmore of moving military heavies in a convoy to attack another country you ain't sharing borders with, it sounds ridiculous na? we ain't talking about air ooo

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 3:29pm On May 14, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Lord, if that same bh fought Nigerian military in a conventional war, BH menace would have been over within weeks. To compare BH run and hide attacks to conventional war is lunacy.
And no, Algeria won't defeat Nigeria inside Nigeria, it will be a bloody affair. Remember, war doesn't start without cause, so if Nigeria have Algeria as a natural enemy that could attack at any given moment, Nigeria would have prepared for that.( yes one shouldn't wait until there is a threat, i get that)
Algeria have potential enemies, and theirs are capable, that's why they are constantly arming up.
It takes time for wars to start, one country you have no issues with won't just wake up one morning and drive into your territory and start killing, for what.
And again, comparing state actors to non-state actors, BH are terrorists, criminals, why would they ask for permission to commit crimes.

Nobody is saying Algeria will invade Nigeria, but nobody can say it can never happen in future.

Nigerian army pride and people boasting will not stop Algeria defeating us. When your soldiers see t-90 tank they will run away and abandon base, soldiers that run from anti-aircraft mounted Toyota.

Mouth, muscle, bold face does not win war. Countries stronger than us have surrendered in defeat to superior enemy.

If BHT can defeat Nigeria inside Nigeria, 60 times in 60 towns, then Algeria can damage is even more.

Boko Haram attacks on Nigeria that made them occupy 60 towns for like one year is actually a brief change from guerilla war to conventional war, reason why BHT could not sustain it. Nigeria decided to import new tanks and flush out BHT. You also forgot Boko Haram has no air force, so NAF destroyed half of BHT on ground from air with thousands of bombs before NA moved to clear the remnants.

That 2014 showed that Nigerian army is also weak in conventional war when Boko Haram was boldly holding land big as Belgium, not hit and run tactics anymore, they stood on our land and openly ruled as an independent caliphate, yet Nigerian army could do nothing, all our counter-attacks we're repelled.

You guys have all forgotten recent 2014 BHT events we all saw here with koro koro eyes here! Nigerians were so ashamed everybody was insulting the army for failure.

Algeria has air force, they can sustain conventional war, if they capture 60 towns with t-90, is it t-72 that we will use to flush them out?

Wars happen suddenly, Arabs don't give Israel notice, Russia just annexed Ukraine without warning to shock Europe.

In Nigeria, we think nation building is easy, and all our problems are easy to solve, that's why our nation is full of hunger, poverty, chaos, armed men rampaging in all 6 geopolitical zones, blood flowing everywhere in Nigeria, and we still say we have less threat compared to Algeria! This nation is blind!

It's folly to say Algeria is arming up because of bigger threat in their region, threat is threat, has Nigeria defeated our own smaller threat for which we foolishly believe we don't need weapons like Algeria?

Nigeria is now listed among top 5 most terrorized countries in the world along with Somalia Afghanistan Syria, and we say we have no big threat like Algeria? Do you find Algeria listed as war ravaged country in same category with Somalia?

It's unfortunate we Nigerians cannot define our problems, no wonder we cannot solve them since 1967.

Threat is threat, Boko Haram war killed over 30,000 civilians and 1,000 soldiers/police, destroyed over =N= 900 billion economic properties, and yet our government and people still say we have a smaller threat than Algeria.

So until bandits, Boko terrorists, herdsmen, Delta militants, ISWAP insurgents kill one million Nigerians including 100 senators and governors, then we will all agree we have big threat that requires at least one quarter of Algerian weapons?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 14, 2019
Mr Supreme Court, stop saying crap please. The effect of endemic corruption and inefficiency against an undefined, unseen and unconventional enemy will be less pronounced in a conventional battle space. The Nigerian army, like the Russian army, like the U.S Army is built and trained to fight clearly defined foe, a conventional enemy. Counter intelligence doctrine was created less than a decade ago. The fate that the Soviets in A-STAN Or the Americans in Vietcong or Kenyans or any other group battling insurgency will be non-existent against an outright invading army.

The Nigerian army may have a history of corruption but there is nothing brave and special about terrorists attacking soft targets of opportunity, old defenceless men and women, market women, public gatherings etc. There is nothing regall in hit and run attacks or waiting for weak spots to attack and flee just to create spectacular carnage and make headlines.

Less than %30 of Nigeria's military might is employed against Boko Haram because the vast arsenal of Nigeria's artillery forces and amoured forces are useless against Boko Haram in urban areas and certainly in the vast featureless plains of the North East. Nigeria signed th convention banning the use of cluster munitions...but Boko Haram stormed a weakly defended NAF armoury, kidnapped women and made away with beluga cluster munitions. These munitions were strapped on teenage girls and used against civilian targets. Anyone who thinks terrorists groups are brave rather than cowardly bastards needs to have his head examined.

This is what Hank Cohen had to say about the Nigerian army. He said it. Not me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKSpfh3T6AI
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 4:22pm On May 14, 2019
We Nigerians are wicked heartless people, we southerners don't care because it's northern civilians daily killed, räped, brutalized, robbed.

Our elite and powerful don't care because it's poor people dying in North East losing farms, jobs, businesses, arms and legs.

If Boko Haram captures 100 teenage daughters of 100 senators and governors, and turn them to sex slaves, will Nigeria not be declared as under big threat to buy correct weapons, improve our tactics, retrain all our soldiers to modern skills like Algeria has done?

Nigeria has failed those Yobe, Borno, Adamawa people, their lives and bodies are ruined for ever.

A cruel country where nobody cares as long as the suffering is not touching him or his immediate family. Very wicked human beings we are.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 14, 2019
SupremeCourt:
We Nigerians are wicked heartless people, we southerners don't care because it's northerners civilians being killed raped, brutalized, robbed.

The elite and powerful don't care because it's the poor people dying in Borno losing farms, cows, jobs, business, arms and legs.

If Boko Haram captures teenage daughters of 100 senators and governors, will Nigeria not be declared as under threat and buy the correct weapons, improve our tactics, retrain our entire army like Algeria has done?

Nigeria has failed those Yobe, Borno, Adamawa people, their lives and bodies are ruined for ever.

A cruel country where nobody cares as long as the suffering is not touching him or his immediate family. Very wicked human beings we are.

Again you are saying rubbish.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 4:29pm On May 14, 2019
SLBMS:

Again you are saying rubbish.

It's rubbish as long as your son is not the one BHT beheaded like pilot Hedema.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 4:42pm On May 14, 2019
SLBMS:
Mr Supreme Court, stop saying crap please. The effect of endemic corruption and inefficiency against an undefined, unseen and unconventional enemy will be less pronounced in a conventional battle space. The Nigerian army, like the Russian army, like the U.S Army is built and trained to fight clearly defined foe, a conventional enemy. Counter intelligence doctrine was created less than a decade ago. The fate that the Soviets in A-STAN Or the Americans in Vietcong or Kenyans or any other group battling insurgency will be non-existent against an outright invading army.

The Nigerian army may have a history of corruption but there is nothing brave and special about terrorists attacking soft targets of opportunity, old defenceless men and women, market women, public gatherings etc. There is nothing regall in hit and run attacks or waiting for weak spots to attack and flee just to create spectacular carnage and make headlines.

Less than %30 of Nigeria's military might is employed against Boko Haram because the vast arsenal of Nigeria's artillery forces and amoured forces are useless against Boko Haram in urban areas and certainly in the vast featureless plains of the North East. Nigeria signed th convention banning the use of cluster munitions...but Boko Haram stormed a weakly defended NAF armoury, kidnapped women and made away with beluga cluster munitions. These munitions were strapped on teenage girls and used against civilian targets. Anyone who thinks terrorists groups are brave rather than cowardly bastards needs to have his head examined.

This is what Hank Cohen had to say about the Nigerian army. He said it. Not me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKSpfh3T6AI

You don't even understand your own video source, Cohen said only Nigeria has decent air force to fly super tucano compared to Nigér Cameroon Chad. He never mentioned Nigerian army that we are discussing now. Then is it f-7 or Cohen's tucano NAF will decently fly to fight Algerian su-30 flanker? NAF cannot even face Chad's mig-29 jets.

Stop arguing emotionally, I put my patriotism under control when danger needs to be called danger.

Nigeria cannot beat Algeria with artillery because Algerian army has many ground to ground iskander ballistic missiles that fly 7 times longer distance than all your 1980 artilleries. They will level NA and our soldiers won't even be seeing them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 5:01pm On May 14, 2019
SupremeCourt:

You don't even understand your own video source, Cohen said only Nigeria has decent air force to fly super tucano compared to Nigér Cameroon Chad. He never mentioned Nigerian army that we are discussing now. Then is it f-7 or Cohen's tucano NAF will decently fly to fight Algerian su-30 flanker? NAF cannot even face Chad's mig-29 jets.

Stop arguing emotionally, I put my patriotism under control when danger needs to be called danger.

Nigeria cannot beat Algeria with artillery because Algerian army has many ground to ground iskander ballistic missiles that fly 7 times longer distance than all your 1980 artilleries. They will level NA and our soldiers won't even be seeing them.
mr liar thats a russian iskander in the pic show us algerias own,if you are thinking nigeria doesnt have attack missiles you must be delusional
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 5:32pm On May 14, 2019
Texman21:
mr liar thats a russian iskander in the pic show us algerias own,if you are thinking nigeria doesnt have attack missiles you must be delusional

Fool, ask the Algerian guy here whether his country has iskander ballistic missile or not. Then ask bidexiii which ballistic missile Nigerian army has to counter an iskander.

This forum is full of fools and a bloody waste of time. This one can't even google Algerian army list of equipment and see list of their weapons.

Anybody hanging out here too often his wasting his life away. Bidexiii can vex all he wants, that's the truth and his anger does not change facts gringrin

Nigerians hate the truth and it reflects on the horrible conditions of our country. Everybody thinks he is a small god nobody must say what he does not like. Messed up nation!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 5:36pm On May 14, 2019
Oga calm down your blood dey too rush. You think it's easy to project power abi? Ask the USA, one country that's first among equals militarily. Do you know how long it took them to move from Kuwait border to Baghdad? Just logistics and resupply is a big nightmare. You think to move fully equipped heavy armoured division na joke, ask the Soviet Union when they invaded Afghanistan, passing through that desert no be moi moi o! And then when it begins we can also go the way of viet cong
SupremeCourt:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 6:05pm On May 14, 2019
SupremeCourt:

Fool, ask the Algerian guy here whether his country has iskander ballistic missile or not. Then ask bidexiii which ballistic missile Nigerian army has to counter an iskander.

This forum is full of fools and a bloody waste of time. This one can't even google Algerian army list of equipment and see list of their weapons.

Anybody hanging out here too often his wasting his life away. Bidexiii can vex all he wants, that's the truth and his anger does not change facts gringrin

Nigerians hate the truth and it reflects on the horrible conditions of our country. Everybody thinks he is a small god nobody must say what he does not like. Messed up nation!
there is no point in debating with someone like you,your moniker says it all useless lawyer thats if you are even one

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 6:12pm On May 14, 2019
blacKDalia:
Oga calm down your blood dey too rush. You think it's easy to project power abi? Ask the USA, one country that's first among equals militarily. Do you know how long it took them to move from Kuwait border to Baghdad? Just logistics and resupply is a big nightmare. You think to move fully equipped heavy armoured division na joke, ask the Soviet Union when they invaded Afghanistan, passing through that desert no be moi moi o! And then when it begins we can also go the way of viet cong

Did I say it will be easy for Algeria? They will bastardize Nigerian army for sure, but they don't need to have a clear win or get us to surrender.

The problem is our military collapse means we our economy will collapse, foreign investors will leave, bad image for us world over.

USA didn't defeat Vietnam because Vietnam is a communist nation that sold their souls to USSR and China and received massive weapons supply for free, enough weapons to force USA to stalemate.

If Vietnam had not adopted communism, destroy all churches and mosques (which Nigeria cannot do) USSR China Korea will not have supplied billions of dollars worth of weapons for free. Who will dash Nigeria 200 fighter jets and 1,000 tanks against Invaders?

Iraq had no support like Vietnam and the one million man army with thousands of tanks surrendered to USA. Yes, when your enemy beats you and the blood from your nose fills a bottle of beer, you will surrender to stay alive.

USA could not defeat Afghanistan, but USA used that invasion to cripple Afghan economy to bottom of the gutter, no foreign investors wants to invest in Afghanistan where blood flows like water.

That's what war does when you cannot match your attacker, Algeria will not colonize Nigeria, their invasion and upper hand will crush our economy, foreign investors will leave a country that cannot protect itself talk less of saving foreigners.

Problem with you guys here is all of you except 2 or 3 guys, you all cannot see an issue from a bigger picture, you have narrow point of view, and you don't google things up, then you mostly believe you know what you don't know, you just scratch things on surface and argue blindly, never accepting you are wrong even when clearly proved wrong.

Reason I don't hang around here wasting my time, I only come when I want to play with internet from website to website till I get busy with more reasonable things grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 6:24pm On May 14, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Baba oo... U made my day.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 6:26pm On May 14, 2019
ugo4u:

Bros no matter all the epistle you type, you can't convince me that Algeria to Nigeria is 4 hours on road even if you're using a Ferrari you can't achieve that feat talkmore of moving military heavies in a convoy to attack another country you ain't sharing borders with, it sounds ridiculous na? we ain't talking about air ooo
Have u ever heard of "Juju"
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 6:30pm On May 14, 2019
Texman21:
there is no point in debating with someone like you,your moniker says it all useless lawyer thats if you are even one
No need for insults, me tire when the guy say Algeria go move their armoured vehicles into Nigeria within 4 hours. Even Ghana here can't achieve that feat even if their vehicles are powered by Rols Royce engines made for Jumbo aircraft

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 6:32pm On May 14, 2019
GeneralFarouq:
Have u ever heard of "Juju"
My brother even Edo Airforce no go achieve that feat..

(1) (2) (3) ... (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) ... (2204) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.