Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

She Tinks M Against Her Progress - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Tinks M Against Her Progress (1836 Views)

»»A Male Bestie: Does Having One Hinder Progress In A Relationship?«« / This Mother-in-law Is The True Definition Of An Enemy Of Progress! / To Those Men Who Want To Progress Financially, Read This And Thank This Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Tinks M Against Her Progress by mrsharpguy: 1:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
We started dating from 100level in one of d fed universities. D same class , same course and we graduated and served d same yr. She s not from a rich home, nida am I. But I was privileged to go for my MSc tru family support. We have agreed to get married next yr. By den I should v been tru wit m studies and God's will get a good job.
The main p. She texted m early dis month dat she wants to go back to scul ( not for her masters o), to study phamarcy from underg tru DE dis yr. Wit d hope dat I will support her IF I get a job. Knowing dat her parents are not dat financially OK. One of her sis still in d univ, d younger bro s abt to sit for his wassce. I told her to hold on, dat I can't commit msef to such. Not DAT I have any job waiting for me. Moreover, my pple are luking up to m. Those dat contributed to m edu are waiting to start reaping d fruits f deir labour. My younger ones are hoping dat I start doing d "needful". Again, we are tinking f marriage next yr. Where will d money to do ALL dese come from? I told her dat I won't commit msef unless we have a guaranteed source f income.
Now, she tinks dat m not in support of her progress in life. Telling m to watch and see, dat she will go ahead and make t. I said fyn! Wish u well. But can't do wat m not sure of where d source f finance will come from.
Pls nairalanders, did I do anything wrong? Or wat is t DAT I should v done. Mature advice pls.
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by greatestboss(m): 1:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
You did the right thing jare... She knew that you have younger ones, yet she insisted that you finance her education knowing that ya family will start looking upto you once ya employed, that's selfishness, if you ask me... its this kind of wife that would do her best to ensure their hubby ignore his family that laboured on him to attend to hers'...Rubbish.
You had better quit that marriage and move on with your life!
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by iwakacome: 1:40pm On Apr 06, 2015
Make I drop my chair am coming
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by falconey(m): 1:40pm On Apr 06, 2015
you did the right thing, you told her nothing but the truth.

You are not her father there is limit to things you can do for her after all she is YOUR GF not your wife.

Work on your career and make sure your family benefit from your success 1st before other parties.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by sholikay(m): 1:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
That lady still had childish attitude in her. She's still an incomplete wife material. If you should marry her, mhen she's not gonna understand you when things goes floppy.. I don't pray you that ooo.
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by olexjay(m): 1:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
That's a nice decision bro, ur own family b4 anyone, ladies may leave u but ur family will always be there for u ....... Wat of if she proceed 2 study the pharmacy and later drop u, wasted effort/resources. Women are not trustworthy since the time of Mr Adam.
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by ronald4lif(m): 1:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
I'm tempted to ask why she's insisting on studying another undergraduate course when she's already graduated? Particularly when she's aware her family can't fund her studies presently.

You did the right thing. Move on with your life and forget about her completely. What nonsense.

1 Like

Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by mrsharpguy: 1:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
Tanx folks. Ur words are really encouraging. Maybe I should direct her to dis forum
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 06, 2015
mrsharpguy:
We started dating from 100level in one of d fed universities. D same class , same course and we graduated and served d same yr. She s not from a rich home, nida am I. But I was privileged to go for my MSc tru family support. We have agreed to get married next yr. By den I should v been tru wit m studies and God's will get a good job.
The main p. She texted m early dis month dat she wants to go back to scul ( not for her masters o), to study phamarcy from underg tru DE dis yr. Wit d hope dat I will support her IF I get a job. Knowing dat her parents are not dat financially OK. One of her sis still in d univ, d younger bro s abt to sit for his wassce. I told her to hold on, dat I can't commit msef to such. Not DAT I have any job waiting for me. Moreover, my pple are luking up to m. Those dat contributed to m edu are waiting to start reaping d fruits f deir labour. My younger ones are hoping dat I start doing d "needful". Again, we are tinking f marriage next yr. Where will d money to do ALL dese come from? I told her dat I won't commit msef unless we have a guaranteed source f income.
Now, she tinks dat m not in support of her progress in life. Telling m to watch and see, dat she will go ahead and make t. I said fyn! Wish u well. But can't do wat m not sure of where d source f finance will come from.
Pls nairalanders, did I do anything wrong? Or wat is t DAT I should v done. Mature advice pls.
Bravo!
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by mrsharpguy: 1:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
ronald4lif:
I'm tempted to ask why she's insisting on studying another undergraduate course when she's already graduated?

You did the right thing. Move on with your life and forget about her completely. What nonsense.

We studied Biochemistry. But, she tinks she can't make t wit d course. I've told her dat hardwork, perseverance and prayers can make u to succeed regardless f ur field f study. Still....
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by joedejana(m): 1:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
Hmm
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
At least u were sincere and u've told her the truth...maybe she needs lies and empty promises to be more convinced
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by ronald4lif(m): 1:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
mrsharpguy:

We studied Biochemistry. But, she tinks she can't make t wit d course. I've told her dat hardwork, perseverance and prayers can make u to succeed regardless f ur field f study. Still....

She may have sound reasons for that, maybe there's a propensity of a pharmacologist getting employed quicker than a biochemist. But whatever reason it is, is irrelevant. When there's no money there's no money. Except she has other ideas of seeing herself through the course.

Quiting the relationship when she's aware you're not earning is very selfish and insensitive of her. Good you wished her well, just move on.
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by obiak4(m): 1:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
Mr don't just stop there for the gods sake she has been with you from 100l that a reason for you to make her see why she should believe in herself
what i would advice you to do is to encourage her not by text msg but been physically present with her telling her words of encouragement and hope
as for marriage it your cup of tea nobody should pressure you to get married if you r not prepared
my 10naira contribution since naira has appreciated
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by yomi007k(m): 1:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
My broda ur a very intelligent guy to think in such a logical manner. I no know say guys still dey reason like this.
Somethin similar happened to my blood brother n d guy has no been stable ever since.
However, don't be harsh on her. There r ways to tell someone to go to hell n they will be looking foward to d trip.... Just be Diplomatic n appeal to her to calm down. Once u get a job,u will support her.
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
Against her progress? I thought maybe she was rich and you were jealous or something. undecided
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by pretydiva(f): 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ur girl friend is very selfish n self centered. Gues she has forgotten she has a sist in d uni n also a bro preparing 4 wassce.were wil d money cm frm knowing fully well dat ur nt financially buoyant neither is she. Sm gals always reason wit deir anus
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by greatestboss(m): 2:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
Lalasticlala...
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by Tallesty1(m): 2:32pm On Apr 06, 2015
I can bet my tongue that she's got a side guy. A rich side guy.
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 06, 2015
Op you may actually be against her progress. Please do not discourage her from chasing her dreams. Just let her know that you would not be able to finance her education at this time. If she still wants to go, then let her! Just don't allow yourself to be used

1 Like

Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by mrsharpguy: 2:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
Tallesty1:
I can bet my tongue that she's got a side guy. A rich side guy.

Bro, I don't tink so
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by mrsharpguy: 2:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
dicefrost:
Op you may actually be against her progress. Please do not discourage her from chasing her dreams. Just let her know that you would not be able to finance her education at this time. If she still wants to go, then let her! Just don't allow yourself to be used
Pls, can u explain how I'm against her progress? I just told her d truth.
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by redcliff: 2:47pm On Apr 06, 2015
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
Are u people mad? Thinking of marriage when u don't even have a job yet, "we plan to get married next year". Let ur girlfriend get a job with her bsc degree,or is she handicapped?

She's selfish,so so so so selfish. Eeeeewww
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by Damitism: 2:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
You have done wonderfully well. Come to think of it, pharmacy is five years, at least B.pharm. Does it mean you will wait for another 5 years b4 u marry or she will study pharmacy after you marry? Also, I read on FP not long ago about how a lady dump her fiance on their wedding day after the guy sponsor her study. Men, anything can happen!! I will advise you 4get her if she insist.

1 Like

Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by Youngpo413: 2:55pm On Apr 06, 2015
mrsharpguy:
Tanx folks. Ur words are really encouraging. Maybe I should direct her to dis forum
pls do
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 06, 2015
mrsharpguy:

Pls, can u explain how I'm against her progress? I just told her d truth.

She is aspiring to be aquire more education, and you are discouraging her. You shouldnt be the one to tell her not to go to school. Just make sure she understands that you are not playing her fees. If she insists on going let her, and pray for her.
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by quivah(f): 3:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
ronald4lif:

She may have sound reasons for that, maybe there's a propensity of a pharmacologist getting employed quicker than a biochemist. But whatever reason it is, is irrelevant. When there's no money there's no money. Except she has other ideas of seeing herself through the course.

Quiting the relationship when she's aware you're not earning is very selfish and insensitive of her. Good you wished her well, just move on.

if indeed pharmacology has more job opportunites (which in fact is true) than Bch.. then her reason is not irrelevant.. however she should know no man owes her the responsibility of seeing her through a second degree.. anyone who wants to go for a second degree should have the means to see himself thru

to me, she's on her own
.. selfish and inconsiderate!
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by ronald4lif(m): 3:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
quivah:

if indeed pharmacology has more job opportunites (which in fact is true) than Bch.. then her reason is not irrelevant.. however she should know no man owes her the responsibility of seeing her through a second degree.. anyone who wants to go for a second degree should have the means to see himself thru

to me, she's on her own
.. selfish and inconsiderate!

True to that.
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by mrsharpguy: 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
Pls MOD, I will be grateful f u move this to FP.So as to get diverse opinions of intellectuals in this forum. Tanx
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by numericalguy(m): 5:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
OP,

I think you are to be blamed for this, you must have contributed heavily financially towards her Bsc education, so she sees it as a God given right for you to sponsor her further studies irrespective of your financial status. Its your type that would pay money for their girlfriend's Brazilian hair even when their families are wallowing in poverty.

The solution is for you to wean her of all these characters. How you go about it is your business.
Re: She Tinks M Against Her Progress by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin..... u are funi

numericalguy:
OP,

I think you are to be blamed for this, you must have contributed heavily financially towards her Bsc education, so she sees it as a God given right for you to sponsor her further studies irrespective of your financial status. Its your type that would pay money for their girlfriend's Brazilian hair even when their families are wallowing in poverty.

The solution is for you to wean her of all these characters. How you go about it is your business.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ever Been Asked Out By A Girl/lady? / See What These Students Were Doing After SSCE / How True ? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.