Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. (26297 Views)

Kaduna State Governorship Election Online Poll:Meet The Favourites / Imo State Governorship Election - Online Poll / Abia Governorship Election Online Poll! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Rexyl(m): 6:10am On Apr 07, 2015
Now that the State seems to be tired of the present system, something must still work, and it's people's choice again that will determine that.

The best option for now....
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Jilo83(m): 7:04am On Apr 07, 2015
Misogynist2014:
All this while, I've been supporting APC, but not Ajimobi because he is a big disappointment, no second term. Ibadan doesn't serve a head twice and certainly not Ajimobi, even Bola Ige tried in futility, I prefer Ladoja of accord party.
so Ladoja is first timer abi? Ajimobi lawa n fe
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Jidepizzle: 7:22am On Apr 07, 2015
I laugh whenever i come across talks about fear of voting for the federal government opposition because it doesn't really make sense. A quick question, check the list of those governors that were impeached and it will amaze u that they didn't belong to the opposition. Fayose was impeached during Obasanjo's tenure(they were under the same PDP), Ladoja too was impeached when he was in PDP. Theres no such thing as being victimised if the state governmentioned belonged to the opposition. Ladoja is the best man for the job. Ajimobi has been tested and he failed.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by luvcarz(m): 7:24am On Apr 07, 2015
VICTOFX:

y are u so particular about his blood, I just hope u are not a vampire.

and as regards ajimobi, y should any reasonable person vote for a man who refused to pay civil servants, and threaten to sack anyone who raises alarm, that's d height of wickedness and lack if human sympathy, his dispensation, the youths were not employed, petty traders were denied of their means of livelihood, all in the name of trying to copy Lagos state gov. I expected him to b wise enough to know that there is always different strokes for different folks.
on the other hand during Alaska's dispensation, thuggery was d oder of the day, and armed rubbers were very rampant. I dont know teslim n seyi, but I do know ladoja, he gave employment to youths, and payed workers well and also tried hard to bring quality education to upcoming stars, also he brought development to the state as his leadership attracted foreign investors.
these are to mention but a few, for me, I'll say LADOJA IS D MAN, and I admonish us all to embrace him for a better oyo state.
LADOJA has my vote too. ajimobi knows ladoja is the man after people's heart, ajimobi is only counting on the distraction from other candidates I.e splitting of d vote to pave way for him since apc seem to be d biggest party in the state now. let's hope is calculation become is undoing as he has forgotten dt majority dt will vote are citizens of the state and not politicians.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by tkos: 7:47am On Apr 07, 2015
Otunba Alao Akala next Governor By the Grace of God
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 07, 2015
If i was asked my opinion about d likely winner of OYO Gubernatorial Election few weeks back, i would boldly say Its Ladoja but having seen last week election where APC sweep d 3 Senate seat and won 12 of d available 14 Federal house of Reps election then my opinion is bound to change...

Ladoja-He's praised all over the state for his prompt payment of workers Salary, aside that nothing tangible again.. (i stand to be corrected)

Akala(LP)-His tenure was a prefect blend of violence and gangsterism but he's loved by the people..

Seyi Makinde(SDP)- Though a very young breed but also a Father Christmas, he's been spending Money with reckless abandon, i wonder how he's going to recoup his investment..He's meant for the future..

Ajimobi(APC)-Payed 13th month salary in his first 2yrs, gave ibadan a major facelift, Security improved greatly, Transport sector received a major boost, rehabilitated Agodi recreational center, instilled discipline in oyo state through the introduction of operation burst, education was left to rot, created alot of problems for himself with his mouth et el

Teslim(PDP)-Nothing to write about him, he doesn't stand any chance

Al in all, its a very tight contest but i am strongly of the opinion that Ajimobi would carry the day... He's the only candidate with @least a 25% acceptability in all 33local govt area of the state... May tge best candidate win

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by RAO1(m): 8:11am On Apr 07, 2015
peckhamboi:
Seyi Makinde is my man.

I think Ajimobi is going to win though
same here....
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Rexyl(m): 8:17am On Apr 07, 2015
@ olatunji21
The presidential elections in the State was like a fraud. It was like majority of voters were morally defrauded. After the results of the house of representatives and senate many were filled with guity conscience, it was like they voted against their interests. This may be difficult to believe but proper examination of people's reactions will help you understand.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 07, 2015
Rexyl:
@ olatunji21
The presidential elections in the State was like a fraud. It was like majority of voters were morally defrauded. After the results of the house of representatives and senate many were filled with guity conscience, it was like they voted against their interests. This may be difficult to believe but proper examination of people's reactions will help you understand.
Bro the presidential result was true reflection of the wish of the people though it was evident the people voted based on religion and Ofcourse Muslim population in oyo state far outweighs the Christians...
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by RAO1(m): 8:25am On Apr 07, 2015
Jidepizzle:
I laugh whenever i come across talks about fear of voting for the federal government opposition because it doesn't really make sense. A quick question, check the list of those governors that were impeached and it will amaze u that they didn't belong to the opposition. Fayose was impeached during Obasanjo's tenure(they were under the same PDP), Ladoja too was impeached when he was in PDP. Theres no such thing as being victimised if the state governmentioned belonged to the opposition. Ladoja is the best man for the job. Ajimobi has been tested and he failed.
u av no point. .Ajimobi has been tested and failed.
.ladoja has not been tested , abi ......check olatunji21's post (page 4) and c
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by shigoslim(m): 8:38am On Apr 07, 2015
Make na no kill yourself LADOJA is coming back to serve and safe oyostate from god faderism. Seyi Makinde will take post 2019.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Rexyl(m): 8:49am On Apr 07, 2015
olatunji21:

Bro the presidential result was true reflection of the wish of the people though it was evident the people voted based on religion and Ofcourse Muslim population in oyo state far outweighs the Christians...

So for this reason they voted for Buhari and the three senators, even if the best candidates were in other parties. That would be a Serious issue in the State.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by VICTOFX(m): 8:54am On Apr 07, 2015
SENATOR RASHID LADOJA IS D MAN, N D CHOIR OF THE PEOPLE,

VOTE ACCORD PARTY FOR A GOVERNOR WITH LISTENING EARS.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 07, 2015
Rexyl:

So for this reason they voted for Buhari and the three senators, even if the best candidates were in other parties. That would be a Serious issue in the State.
i placed emphasis just on Presidential election..The national assembly election results came as a shock to me also... i was expecting a much better performance from Accord especially in Ibadan

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by VICTOFX(m): 8:56am On Apr 07, 2015
VICTOFX:
SENATOR RASHID LADOJA IS D MAN, N D CHOICE OF THE PEOPLE,

VOTE ACCORD PARTY FOR A GOVERNOR WITH LISTENING EARS.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 07, 2015
folik121:
The majority of Oyo state citizens that will vote Alao Akala is not here, but at the real life, some of them are:-
- The Civil savant Ajimobi refuse to pay thier salaries (some are yet to recieve there january salary, while some thier febuary salalry)
- The Masses ajimobi demolish thier house and their only lifelihood (without compeciation)
- The Okada riders ajimobi forced to pay #3000 per year
- The retiries ajimobi refused to pay there pension since july 2011 - The wise people who know local goverment is the closet goverment to the grassroot (while ajimobi refused to conduct local goverment election )
- The civil savants ajimobi sacked
- The Oyo State Contractors ajimobi refused to award contractor for (instead he awarding contract to his masters in lagos )
- The Masses (most of them dont have money to buy data)

Sir, Let me quickly say this. Go n confirm, Ajimobi recently paid pensions till dec or so. For the workers sacked, try to find out what they did.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Rexyl(m): 9:13am On Apr 07, 2015
olatunji21:

i placed emphasis just on Presidential election..The national assembly election results came as a shock to me also... i was expecting a much better performance from Accord especially in Ibadan

That's what I mean. It was like people voted against their interests. Ladoja for that matter, beaten in his consistency...many people in my place regretted the development. IT WAS LIKE THEY WERE BLINDED.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by RAO1(m): 9:15am On Apr 07, 2015
Adewunmi84:
To be frank,Ajimobi have done nothing about education in oyo state.I am a corps member in Ibadan.My PPA is a secondary school where I teach mathematics.I remember there was a day rain forced me and the students out of the classroom while teaching.There were no roofs in the classrooms.The students contribute to buy chalk.No markers'board.It is blackboard everywhere except school like GCI,Queens college which are unity schools.Also,dillapidated classrooms everywhere.Teachers in the state just got alert for January salary(last week).Ajimobi government is owing the state teachers 13th month salary for last year,leave allowance,february and march salaries.Corps members are also owed the monthly stipends of #4000.For example,I have not been paid by Ajimobi government since I re-deployed from Anambra state on January 20th,2015.He is owing me 3 months salary.Most of the secondary schools in oyo state are nothing to write home about.That is why he will never be re-elected hadn't been that gubernatorial election were conducted(first) last week.But,as things are now,he will ride on Buhari victory to clinch re-election victory.Ladoja would have beaten him hands down..
u redeployed, u are on ur own ...everyone knows that redeployment affects all payments ...

He's owing teachers 2/3 months salary...have u made any findings about other states?..even some PDP govnrs are/were owing civil servants not only teachers

It myt b true, some schools are eyesores ...how many skuls Av u been to Mr. acclaimed Kopa... ALL skuls are eyesores,ba?......I was still in Sec skul during irowolu ladoja's days ....my old students' association did(still doing) most things 4 us ....too many skuls in Oyo state ...let old students contribute their quotas....just like Seyi is doing @ bishop Philips academy, his alma matter

makinde is my man ...but unfortunately, he CNT win
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Rexyl(m): 9:19am On Apr 07, 2015
Soyedele1:

Sir, Let me quickly say this. Go n confirm, Ajimobi recently paid pensions till dec or so. For the workers sacked, try to find out what they did.

Incomplete or forged certificate... They are watching and waiting, they may reopen their case.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 07, 2015
godoluwa:
God shall do unto u the exact way Ajimobi did to Oyo state, Amen.

You don start again? Lol
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 07, 2015
RAO1:

u redeployed, u are on ur own ...everyone knows that redeployment affects all payments ...

He's owing teachers 2/3 months salary...have u made any findings about other states?..even some PDP govnrs are/were owing civil servants not only teachers

It myt b true, some schools are eyesores ...how many skuls Av u been to Mr. acclaimed Kopa... ALL skuls are eyesores,ba?......I was still in Sec skul during irowolu ladoja's days ....my old students' association did(still doing) most things 4 us ....too many skuls in Oyo state ...let old students contribute their quotas....just like Seyi is doing @ bishop Philips academy, his alma matter

So,what's ur point now?
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 07, 2015
Rexyl:

Incomplete or forged certificate... They are watching and waiting, they may reopen their case.

Forged certificate, backdating of age which later backfired.

I do say this, if yu are looking for job security, go for a govt work. Why will govt sack workers or a worker if not because of certificate scandal or criminal offence? I stand to be corrected
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by MT: 10:12am On Apr 07, 2015
People should not be shocked that APC performed well in the last presidential and senatorial election and ACCORD party performed woefully. The reason is very simple. A lot of voters were uneducated, they could not differentiate between presidential and senatorial election. They just wanted to vote in Buhari and they kept thumbprinting for "Broom" logo for both presidential and senatorial.

In summary, APC was voted in Oyo state NOT because of the love for Ajimobi or APC but because of Buhari as an individual and who he represents to them.

This forthcoming election will be different. Probability of Ladoja winning is so high.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Olofintoto(m): 11:08am On Apr 07, 2015
People in Oyo state dat wuld not vote for Ajimobi;
1. Civil servants dat ar yet to receive 3 months salary.
2. Those whom he demolished their shops.
3. Pensioners that are yet to receive their pensions.
4. Okada riders that are forced to pay yearly fee of #3000.
5. Landlords and landladies who are not ready to pay tenement rates.
6. The masses.
bt for me, my family, distance relations nd friends o, sai ladoja ni o.
Accord, oneness and progress.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by luvcarz(m): 11:27am On Apr 07, 2015
Soyedele1:

Guy i don't know wat to say to you, u re asking someone to go and confirm a claim while u re dropping false information here. A pensioner in my church on Sunday was almost crying wen she was pleading with me to vote for ladoja cos he's d only person she knows that care about them. She said ajimobi is owing them 18months arrears, Dt 1 YEAR and 6MONTHS do you pray 4 such to happen to u if u are In her shoe.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by bisam(m): 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
adesegun121:
If APC could do well in Lagos state under a PDP federal govt, u should expect it to be better under an APC fed govt.
So vote Ambode as Governor, vote APC

So we should continue serving the same set of people in Lagos state?
we should continue to entrusting our life to a Government of selection, discrimination ,racist and a government that does not have the priority of its larger society at heart.
Multi taxation,demolition of poor masses community in the name of building so Called Mega city.
how many area in Lagos can have portable water supply?so what is the benefit of a common man in Lagos MEGA CITY?
Is Tinubu a Lagos indigene?Now Ambode.
we can all see that Lagos state is for few set of people that have collaborated to make lagos their household name in respective of weather they are indigene or not.
So don't be surprised that Oba of Lagos would preferred non indigenous Governorship candidate over an indigene.
we appreciate APC effort for change at the presidency but for Lagos it is a different game.
if Lagos state could survive pdp opposition , pdp as Lagos state Governor will also survive APc.
GMB we desired for president but Lagos ,It is Jimi o.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
luvcarz:
Guy i don't know wat to say to you, u re asking someone to go and confirm a claim while u re dropping false information here. A pensioner in my church on Sunday was almost crying wen she was pleading with me to vote for ladoja cos he's d only person she knows that care about them. She said ajimobi is owing them 18months arrears, Dt 1 YEAR and 6MONTHS do you pray 4 such to happen to u if u are In her shoe.

Bro, I understand but this is d truth. On monday when I woke up, my mum gave 'us' 5000N that she has received her alert for pension that she ws so happy and she is a retired primary schl teacher. So I'm telling you what I knw unless d govt is paying them ministry by ministry.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Bigsteveg(m): 3:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
Misogynist2014:
All this while, I've been supporting APC, but not Ajimobi because he is a big disappointment, no second term. Ibadan doesn't serve a head twice and certainly not Ajimobi, even Bola Ige tried in futility, I prefer Ladoja of accord party.

Ladoja, Ajimobi, Akala......which of them won't u serve twice now?

As a matter of fact, ure serving Akala for d third time if he wins.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Olaone1: 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
AJIMOBI MUST GO! angry
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Olaone1: 4:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
Soyedele1:

Bro, I understand but this is d truth. On monday when I woke up, my mum gave 'us' 5000N that she has received her alert for pension that she ws so happy and she is a retired primary schl teacher. So I'm telling you what I knw unless d govt is paying them ministry by ministry.
Liar. My dad is a retired teacher. Ajimobi is owing him 18 months undecided undecided
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
Olaone1:

Liar. My dad is a retired teacher. Ajimobi is owing him 18 months undecided undecided

Na wa oooo. I just told yu the truth.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by haftob(m): 7:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
RAO1:

Pls don't hesistate to vote for seyi. He's the best among them and I bliv he'll win by God's grace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Questions Nigerians Want Amanpour To Ask Buhari / Saraki Would Have Been Chased Out Of APC Senators’ Meeting With Buhari / South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.