Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise (40096 Views)

See The Team Of Doctors Attending To A Gorilla Giving Birth In A Zoo(Photos) / Young Bowen University Lecturer Dies 2 Days After Giving Birth (pics) / Months After Suffering From Fire Burns, See What This Lady Looks Like Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by nickxtra(m): 10:32pm On Apr 06, 2015
Experience mothers in the house, please I need your candid advice on this serious issue of my wife, though nursing a baby of 10 months plus now, has not seen her period since she put to bed over 10 months. About 3 month after her delivery, we had intimacy and some weeks later, she said she felt as if she was pregant. This early pregnancy got us worried which I even shared on this thread some time past, but based on advices from good people, including from Nairalanders and a Nurse she visited, we were advised to keep the pregnancy. On an occassion, I had to ask her how was she feeling with the baby, thinking that she should be preparing to register for pre-natal, but her response was that she does feel as if there is a baby in her. I immediately asked her to go for a pregnancy test , which she did and came with a negative result. I was shocked bcause I was expecting a positive result. Now she said that on enquiry to know could be the problem and she has not seen her period months after putting to bed, she was told or counseled by the Doctor that delayed menstrual period is normal in some women, particularly nursing mothers who are breasfeeding. This situation worries me and I need to know from experienced mothers in the house what could be the likely cause of the delayed menses and if it possible for her to take in without her period. What could be the solution to this? I need answers seriously, to enable me get adequate solution for it. Thanks

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by AndreRose(f): 10:40pm On Apr 06, 2015
Consult your doctor, simple.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Dyt(f): 10:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
My cousin didn't see hers till after a yr *even for her second kid*
I healed too fast, saw mine after 6weeks
I was jubilating it won't come till after a yr but I was so wrong
It pained me ehn

And yes its possible she takes in
In my cousins case, she was breastfeeding, not seen her period after 12mnths and she took in.
So this is what I witnessed, very possible

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by thorpido(m): 10:55pm On Apr 06, 2015
The doctor already told you,so why are you still worried?You wan score another one sharp sharp?
Delay in seeing the period after childbirth is common especially if the mother is breas.tfeeding.It could take up to a year in some.
Yes,pregnancy is possible without seeing your period because she can still ovulate and that is why it is advised that a nursing mother should also be on a family planning method instead of assuming that she can't be pregnant because she is nursing.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by marcjane(f): 8:51am On Apr 07, 2015
Mine comes after weaning my baby.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by edwife(f): 12:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
Some goes to 3 years sef.....very common and normal....

Yes it is very possible and easy to take in because you don't know when you ovulating;So i suggest you redraw for now until you both decide when you want a second baby.

False alarm smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Ojestas(m): 12:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by MKO4ever(m): 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
She is pregnant again!!!
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by beek: 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
well delayed menses after child birth is normal in some women depending on the body type and how frequent she breastfeed the baby.

but that does not overule the fact that she can get pregnant even without the presence of menstrual flow. so to be on a safer side she should go for family planning/child spacing or always make use of C/D for fear of any side effect until both of u are ready for another baby.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by dipopooo(m): 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
sad@op u av turned nairaland to LUTH or UCH bah? No problem sha tell ur wife to go for test, u av infected her wit STD due to ur carelessness

4 Likes

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by beek: 12:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by bigt2(m): 12:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
grin somebody call 911 cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
Lucky you. There is no excuse again for her to deny you sex.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by farouqebira(m): 12:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
nickxtra:
Experience mothers in the house, please I need your candid advice on this serious issue of my wife, though nursing a baby of 10 months plus now, has not seen her period since she put to bed over 10 months. About 3 month after her delivery, we had intimacy and some weeks later, she said she felt as if she was pregant. This early pregnancy got us worried which I even shared on this thread some time past, but based on advices from good people, including from Nairalanders and a Nurse she visited, we were advised to keep the pregnancy. On an occassion, I had to ask her how was she feeling with the baby, thinking that she should be preparing to register for pre-natal, but her response was that she does feel as if there is a baby in her. I immediately asked her to go for a pregnancy test , which she did and came with a negative result. I was shocked bcause I was expecting a positive result. Now she said that on enquiry to know could be the problem and she has not seen her period months after putting to bed, she was told or counseled by the Doctor that delayed menstrual period is normal in some women, particularly nursing mothers who are breasfeeding. This situation worries me and I need to know from experienced mothers in the house what could be the likely cause of the delayed menses and if it possible for her to take in without her period. What could be the solution to this? I need answers seriously, to enable me get adequate solution for it. Thanks
please visit an experienced doctore...May God guides u

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by NotNairalandi(m): 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
Right question at the wrong place!......please my dear go and meet a Gynaecologist!

Small time now people will start typing in their Phone number/email address for their GNLD,Swissguard,Tianshi,and Edmark product!

Pls run out of this thread now before the doors are locked!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Lilimax(f): 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
There 's nothing to worry about since your wife is still brea!st feeding.
I'm sure her menstruation will normalize after she has weaned her baby.
However, if this persists after weaning, consult your gyneacologist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by MrNL(m): 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
d pikin keep legacy o
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by honeykokain(m): 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2015

15 Likes

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Maczeelly(m): 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
Doctor in da auz..........
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by davidque007(m): 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
Consult your doctor, nairaland isn't the place to solicit for such advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
10 months is a long time.

There are women who even conceive 3 months after giving birth.

Pay your Gynae a visit.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Rounakid(m): 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
Wud av commented buh am nt a woman...
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by sigmundfreud(m): 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
Its called lactational amenorrhea. No need to worry , her menses will resume soon.Some use it as a form of contraception but the failure rate is high. Please take active steps towards prevention of pregnancy if you don't intend to have a baby soon.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Kayendy(m): 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hmmmm..... some. topics eeeehhh... maybe u. just wanted to create a trend, u got it.... go see. ur doc or seek dat traditional medicine at d back of ur ouse maybe GOKO cleanser... grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
kennygee:
10 months is a long time.

There are women who even conceive 3 months after giving birth.

Pay your Gynae a visit.

HOW DO YOU KNOW

2 Likes

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by musulumi(m): 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
GEJ should be held responsible for the inability to see the period!
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hope she's not taking birth control pills ?
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by shehuAO: 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
Pls see your doctor,but it's not a problem.

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by greall12(m): 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
NL DOCTOR ADVICE.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Eejay254(m): 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
I'm not a professional but i believe u haven't seen your menses because you are breastfeeding your child
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by baysmith(m): 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
Yeepa...l wud comment later after consulting d oracle...
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
Lilimax:
There is nothing to worry about
Yes o. like i said. he should be happy since his wife will not deny him sex due to menstraution. Continue enjoy they go. op

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Community Where Nine Out Of Every 10 Villagers Have Appendicitis (Photos) / Kano COVID19 Centre Closed Indefinitely For Fumigation After Staff Test Positive / Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.