Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,387 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise (40151 Views)

See The Team Of Doctors Attending To A Gorilla Giving Birth In A Zoo(Photos) / Young Bowen University Lecturer Dies 2 Days After Giving Birth (pics) / Months After Suffering From Fire Burns, See What This Lady Looks Like Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by darelar(m): 1:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
What did you just do Now
Rounakid:
Wud av commented buh am nt a woman...
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Testy17: 1:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
If they breastfeed some woman do not see their period. But she should go preg. Test if the result is negative that means she falls into the category of those women. Perhaps is of no problem if will cm
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by sunsewa: 1:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
it is normal, like my wife,it happened from my first child to fourth child,the first was the shortest 12months,and the fourth and last child was almost 16months b4 she saw her period after birth, and the funny thing is with each successive birth from the first,it adds another 1mth delay,just like 12mths,13mths and some wks,14mts and wks,15mts and wks,so no qualms.

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Hero10001: 1:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
usqoh:
Lucky you. There is no excuse again for her to deny you sex.
ahahaha..
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by nkkystel(f): 1:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
nickxtra:
Experience mothers in the house, please I need your candid advice on this serious issue of my wife, though nursing a baby of 10 months plus now, has not seen her period since she put to bed over 10 months. What could be the solution to this? I need answers seriously, to enable me get adequate solution for it. Thanks
This is very possible, my younger never saw her period until a year and 2 months after delivery.
Once she stops breast feeding or few months after then you can start getting worried but that does mean't she can't take in- based on what I was told.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by petersje8: 1:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
My wife gave birth on Oct 2013 but didnt see her period till September 2014. I was even worried. So i requested that she reduce the number of breastfeeding to once in two days, that was when her period came rushing. She was previously breasfeeding like 6 to 7 times a day. She is pregnant now even. So dear, dont worry.

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Hero10001: 1:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
davidque007:
Consult your doctor, nairaland isn't the place to solicit for such advice
Shu?! Wake up, This is 21st century where information is power.
You think say na only olodos full NL?
Professionals yapa for here weh fit help you with appropirate info FOC.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by dipopooo(m): 1:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
Aroh48:
Bros,dat is bad of u.Ur language is insultive
wow serious? dnt mind me. truth is bitter u knw?
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by xammy(m): 1:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
Breastfeeding is a form of contraceptives full stop
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by smsdigito: 1:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
Dats normal. it will show at the right time.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by olafunmbi(m): 1:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
If this is not your first pregnancy, keep in mind
that every pregnancy is different. Even if your
period returned exactly six weeks after the birth
of your first child, this does not mean your
menstrual cycle will return at the same point with
your second pregnancy.

ALSO BE VERY PRAYERFUL, am sure God will turn up. He always does. Never lose hope, a hopeless man is a helpless one.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by tinyfellow: 1:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
dis baby ugly i beg....
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Zaikon(m): 1:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
nickxtra:
Experience mothers in the house, please I need your candid advice on this serious issue of my wife, though nursing a baby of 10 months plus now, has not seen her period since she put to bed over 10 months. About 3 month after her delivery, we had intimacy and some weeks later, she said she felt as if she was pregant. This early pregnancy got us worried which I even shared on this thread some time past, but based on advices from good people, including from Nairalanders and a Nurse she visited, we were advised to keep the pregnancy. On an occassion, I had to ask her how was she feeling with the baby, thinking that she should be preparing to register for pre-natal, but her response was that she does feel as if there is a baby in her. I immediately asked her to go for a pregnancy test , which she did and came with a negative result. I was shocked bcause I was expecting a positive result. Now she said that on enquiry to know could be the problem and she has not seen her period months after putting to bed, she was told or counseled by the Doctor that delayed menstrual period is normal in some women, particularly nursing mothers who are breasfeeding. This situation worries me and I need to know from experienced mothers in the house what could be the likely cause of the delayed menses and if it possible for her to take in without her period. What could be the solution to this? I need answers seriously, to enable me get adequate solution for it. Thanks
a more serious case was reported nd CURED by a KEDI consultant, the woman did the testimony. So KEDI will cure it within THREE WEEKs (GOD's willing)
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by anilove84(f): 2:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
[quote author=nickxtra post=32426161]Experience mothers in the house, please I need your candid advice on this serious issue of my wife, though nursing a baby of 10 months plus now, has not seen her period since she put to bed over 10 months. About 3 month after her delivery, we had intimacy and some weeks later, she said she felt as if she was pregant. This early pregnancy got us worried which I even shared on this thread some time past, but based on advices from good people, including from Nairalanders and a Nurse she visited, we were advised to keep the pregnancy. On an occassion, I had to ask her how was she feeling with the baby, thinking that she should be preparing to register for pre-natal, but her response was that she does feel as if there is a baby in her. I immediately asked her to go for a pregnancy test , which she did and came with a negative result. I was shocked bcause I was expecting a positive result. Now she said that on enquiry to know could be the problem and she has not seen her period months after putting to bed, she was told or counseled by the Doctor that delayed menstrual period is normal in some women, particularly nursing mothers who are breasfeeding. This situation worries me and I need to know from experienced mothers in the house what could be the likely cause of the delayed menses and if it possible for her to take in without her period. What could be the solution to this? I need answers seriously, to enable me get adequate solution for it. Thanks [/quo immediately after weaning ie after breasfeeding she will see her menses again, don't disturb youself.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
Pls don't panic, it happens but u will still see ur period wen its time
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by mamito: 2:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
U dont need to be scared on that, it is normal. it happens to me. Once you stopped breastfeeding, u start seeing your menses.

1 Like

Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Miracle2015(m): 2:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
der is no beta advise any mother will give her.......it is clear and obvious she nids spiritual help..wen i say spiritual help i dnt min help frm native doctors i min she nid A MAN OF GOD WITH AN HIGHER ANIOTING TO PRAY FOR HER.....
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by lordmario(m): 2:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
Whether and how much you're breastfeeding are
the main factors that affect how soon you'll start
menstruating again. But every woman's body
and circumstances are different, so there's no
reliable way to predict exactly when you'll get
your first postpartum period.
The time frames below are just approximations of
when you might start having your period again.
If you're wondering whether your situation is
normal, check with your doctor to make sure
things are on track.
Nursing moms: One benefit of breastfeeding is
that it can delay your period. If you've been
breastfeeding exclusively, day and night, since
you had your baby it can take six months or
longer before you have to run to the store for
tampons, suffer from PMS, or cope with cramps.
But the less often your baby nurses, the sooner
your period may come back. So if your baby
sleeps through the night from an early age, or if
you're supplementing with formula, it's likely
your period will return sooner than six months.
Note: Breastfeeding is no guarantee ovulation will
stop. The information above describes the
general pattern of postpartum periods, but
breastfeeding's effects on menstruation vary
widely. Some women who breastfeed exclusively
around the clock may start menstruating a
month after giving birth, while others who
supplement with formula may not get their
period for several months.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Melinde: 2:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
It's normal as far as she is breastfeeding. I am a nursing mum my baby is going to 6 months and my period has not returned. It all depends on one's body. She can still consult her GP anyways.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by SunkyAde: 2:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
Let her use Vemma Verve. Its a natural supplement from US. Just 10 cans of the product should help her. Iv seen results from such issues. WhatsApp me on 08098987272 for more.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by 9cbaby(f): 2:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
She will see it d following month she stop breastfeeding. That's not a problem at all,some start 3month after giving birth and some after they stop breastfeeding so no cos 4 alarm
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by corektchic: 2:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ur ability to see ur period after delivery is dependent on hw quickly ur hormone balances. Her case is very normal. In fact she shd b happy dat it's safe for her to play without conceiving. But she shd only get intimate when she's dry, immediately she sees mucus coming out of her, avoid her - that is if ur not ready for another baby. The reason is dat ovulation comes b4 menstrual flow n it's ovulation that leads to pregnancy but unfortunately it's difficult to detect unlike menses. It comes with very slimy mucus. So its normal not to see ur period after several months but pls be on d watch for ovulation if ur not ready yet.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by anilove84(f): 2:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
Immediately after weaning her baby ie after breast feeding she will see her menses again, it is normal
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by iamblessed4ever: 2:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
Oh wow, your wife could be pregnant and even if she has done all the necessary tests it may appear negative. Reminds me of a show I love to watch called 'i did not know I was pregnant' it shows in TLC,but don't mind me it may not be her case, my period came 5months after I had my baby,some of my friends said 6months while some the next month after putting to bed, people's body systems are different. So don't be scared it will show up someday.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Abbilink(f): 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nothing to worry about,dats wat is called natural family planning,she is just one of those dat will not mensurate until she stop breast feeding.its just her homone and she should have her period back after she stop breasting.moreso there are high probabilities she will not get pregnant during dis period of no mensuration but she needs to be careful cause even if she mistakely get pregnant,she might not know since she is not mensurating.in a nut shell,nothing to worry about
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by KillaBeans(m): 2:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
so nairaland don turn hospital.....people dey sha
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by mattbel01(m): 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
In most cases it is very normal, my wife use to see her period like one year after birth
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by babadem2much(m): 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
Itz normal bro, my wife's 2 yr 2mnths . dont panic but better still consult ur doc[color=#000000][/color]
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by olareed(m): 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
Period went on vacation...
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by Sammiejo: 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
There is no problem with your wife. I experience similar. Usually returns one month after TOTAL STOPPAGE of b.reastfeeding.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by dy90210: 3:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
She should not worry ,its normal as long as she is on baby friendly meaning she only breastfeed her baby and no additional support,its jus the way the body protect against pregnancy and as long has she breast feed on demand the hormone suppressing her period will be always be released. Once she weans her period will come so its nothing to be worried about....enjoy d period free months while it last.
Re: 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise by UEDIBO: 3:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
beek:
well delayed menses after child birth is normal in some women depending on the body type and how frequent she breastfeed the baby.

but that does not overule the fact that she can get pregnant even without the presence of menstrual flow. so to be on a safer side she should go for family planning/child spacing or always make use of C/D for fear of any side effect until both of u are ready for another baby.
pls hw can i do family planning?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver / COVID-19: Video Of NCDC Officials Taking Samples For Testing / Can Pepper, Lime, Ginger Cure Coronavirus? (Fact Check)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.