Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule (27485 Views)

Evans Chukwudi Onwuamadike Confesses: "I Took To Crime After My Dad Disowned Me" / NDLEA Seizes N175m From Suspected Drug Traffickers (photos) / NDLEA Arrests Journalist, 5 Other Suspected Drug Traffickers At MMIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by Ishilove: 1:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
A 37 year-old man, who was arrested alongside a mother of three and four others with 16.51kg narcotics at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, has said he had no regrets over his action, blaming his indulgence on frustration.
Gladys Omari.

The suspect, Okoye Kelvin, was allegedly on the verge of smuggling 10.27kg cannabis to Doha, capital of Qatar, when he was arrested by officials of National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA.

He reportedly showed no sign of remorse, saying he opted to take a risk since life itself was a risk.

According to Kelvin: “I was frustrated. When you are frustrated, you can do anything. I took a risk, but I was not lucky. Life is about taking risk.

“It is either you win or you lose. I have worked and suffered as a casual labourer in Doha for two years and I was desperate to change my status.”

On her part, the mother of three, Gladys Omari, who claimed to have left Spain where she lived, owing to financial hardship, was reportedly arrested with 1.670kg of cocaine, which she intended to export to Madrid, Spain.

Gladys Omari

I left my 3 children with a friend—SUSPECT

During interrogation Omari said: “I buy and sell clothes. I lived in Spain for about a decade. I came back to Nigeria because of financial hardship.

“I love to go back to Spain but I do not have enough money. This was how I found myself in drug trafficking. The most painful aspect of my arrest is that I told my friend to look after my children for a few days.

“By my calculation, I thought I could quickly smuggle the drugs to Spain and return within one week. I felt so bad when the drug was detected at the airport.”

Drug In Body Cream

Explaining how the arrest was made, the NDLEA Commander, Lagos Airport, Mr. Hamza Umar, said one of the suspects was found with liquid cocaine in body cream, while another excreted wraps of cocaine on board the aircraft.

He said: “The suspects include Nwodo Anthony, who was found with 3.260kg liquid cocaine concealed in body cream from Brazil; Ikebalum Ogochukwu , who excreted 36 wraps of cocaine weighing 570 grammes on board the aircraft.

“Madu Okey was caught with 975 grammes of methamphetamine, while going to Tanzania. Attempt by Nnadobe Anthony to smuggle 335 grammes of methamphetamine to South Africa also failed.

“Okoye Kelvin was found smuggling 10.27kg of cannabis to Doha, while the only female suspect, Nwaokolo Gladys Omari, was caught exporting 1.670kg of cocaine to Madrid.”

I Was Promised N1million

Ogochukwu, who excreted wraps of drugs, said: “Life has been unfair to me. First, I lost my father at the age of five and I have been responsible for my upkeep since.

“Last year, I struggled to travel to Brazil with the hope that I would get a good job. I later met a Brazilian who decided to assist me.

“He gave me cocaine and paid for my ticket to Nigeria. He promised to pay me a million naira to start any business of my choice.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/i-took-a-risk-was-unlucky-suspected-drug-mule/#sthash.BwXHDup5.dpuf
Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
No mind all this peeps, singing sekem, sekem , sekem and dancing azonto when they are caught, commit the crime and be ready to do the time, how can u leave ur 3 kids in Spain to carry drug ......d love of money is indeed d root of all evil... angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by Fairgodwin(m): 1:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
Frustration and poverty is never enough excuse for crime no matter how small [the crime is]. And to think he's not even remorseful about his acts, speaks volume. He should even be grateful to God that he was caught in Nigeria before he could get to Doha; because those Arabs would have given him a thorough execution. Their laws are clear on that. As for the woman, well, it's quite a shame! There are many things she could have done to earn money to take care of her kids, no matter how small. I still thank God she was caught in Nigeria, at least her kids could still get to see her someday. And I equally thank God they were all caught here on the Nigerian shore(s) before they [could] disgrace us further in the eyes of the international community. Shameless people: always causing the Nigerian image more harm than good, and putting the rest of us who are good and responsible citizens in "danger" and disrepute.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by MuguliciousMUGU: 1:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
What is okoye kelvin and ogochukwu doing in that news, can't they replace it with Nigerian... Like for example, A nigerian smuggled this drug and so so li so... Why are they too tribalistic,.. Too bad, they would always keep on calling igbos in bad news.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by MrPresident1: 2:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
Too bad.
Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by AndreRose(f): 2:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
Poverty can make you do some risky things, but please not cocaine. Now you are caught what next? You will suffer more in the prison than when you where managing your petty business to bring up your children. People should be wise and know that no matter what( even if the pay is big)carrying drugs shouldn't be on their list of try-outs."Had I know" is a very deadly disease and let's avoid it like a plague..
Indeed the saying that "money is the root of all evil" is,without doubt, true in all aspect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by januzaj(m): 2:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
dem don price house for Surulere
.if dem no catch dem...dem go come nairaland dey yarn dust
dey talk say na dem own lagos
na dem control lagos economy
na only dem dey work
as I see drug
i know wetin go follow
drug trafficking
robbery..
kidnapping
na dem full prisons both home and abroad
NA ONLY YOUR TRIBE WAKA COME HAAAAAAAAA

.I NO MENTION TRIBE OOOO....
.kill dem....kill dem....kill dem

28 Likes

Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by akinsadeez(m): 2:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
I like this guy jor. I hate it when sane, adult human beings willingly commit crimes and then blame the devil afterwards. Many of them would have transported drugs several times and enjoyed the proceeds without remembering the devil but whenever they are caught they will start blaming d devil and swearing never to do it again.

Some people are blaming d guy for not showing any remorse but I prefer someone who accepts d fact that he took a risk which unfortunately didn't work out, than someone who starts showing some fake remorse after being caught. Whether they showed remorse or not, they are all criminals.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by Kororugged: 3:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
What is okoye kelvin and ogochukwu doing in that news, can't they replace it with Nigerian... Like for example, A nigerian smuggled this drug and so so li so... Why are they too tribalistic,.. Too bad, they would always keep on calling igbos in bad news.

So they should not mention their names?

Are you sure you are ok?

47 Likes

Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
Chai

1 Like

Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by paulolee(m): 4:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
yeah.... I lyk d fact dt u ar desperate n hugry to make fast monY Instead of hustling lyk ur mate..
lyk d fact dt u knew dt lyf is all abT risk n u didn't blame d Devil for ur crime...
lyk d fact dt u didn't cry over split milk n u sound prepared n ready to take d consequences of ur action bt d fact I still gat issue is dt

U TOOK D RISK FOR JUST 1M......
#angrily walks out of thread n switch off fone#

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by MKO4ever(m): 4:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
Heyah, every day for the thiefs, but one day for the owner
Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by Blackchampion(m): 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
His song will change after a day in Jail.
Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
[size=13pt] undecided

And some chest beaters will be claiming they own Lagos and they run the economy. They bring shame to Nigerians and currently they are fighting the Yoruba for ownership of Lagos . If this foool had carried the drugs successfully, he would buy land in Lagos one day and start beating his chest about developing and owning Lagos. Bunch of criminals. They populate other peoples region commiting various crimes such as drug traffiking and piracy and at the end of the day they start calling their host who are not commiting crimes cowards. I hope the yorubas stand up to their madness and send them to their erosion ravaged land one day.

I no mention any tribe ooo, no one should quote me with insults undecided[/size]

59 Likes 5 Shares

How
Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by Abdgafarplenty(m): 4:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
confidence
Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
Lazy man
Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by astana1: 4:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
IT IS ALWAYS IGBO'S. THEY ARE NIGERIA'S WORST ENEMY.

LAGOS- BELONGS TO THE YOURBA'S

ABUJA- BELONGS TO THE GWARRI'S

IGBO SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THEIR STATEMENTS.

IF THEY TRY THE NONSENSE THEY ARE DOING IN LAGOS, THEY WILL BE ROASTED. grin

24 Likes

Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by uaccurate: 4:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
wink
Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by VIPERVENOM(m): 4:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
The suspect, Okoye Kelvin,

19 Likes

Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by CR77(f): 4:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
Life is all about taking risk

3 Likes

Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by tempem: 4:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
Congratulations....
Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by tempem: 4:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
astana1:
IT IS ALWAYS IGBO'S. THEY ARE NIGERIA'S WORST ENEMY.

LAGOS- BELONGS TO THE YOURBA'S

ABUJA- BELONGS TO THE GWARRI'S

IGBO SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THEIR STATEMENTS.

IF THEY TRY THE NONSENSE THEY ARE DOING IN LAGOS, THEY WILL BE ROASTED. grin

What nah... Stop spamming every thread jare....

You are making no point with this.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by LewisO: 4:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
[size=14pt]It baffles me why people carries drugs just because of money. undecided [/size]

1 Like

Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by bigt2(m): 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
Sorry, rot in jail for all I care cos your words of appeal don't carry weight angry
Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by ikombe: 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
both high on codine grin.

Death by hanging pls undecided
Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by stonecoldcafe: 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

Why are we in denial? These people have names and they are mostly from a certain region. The fact you noticed it says a lot. The question should be why does it keep happening like that? Let's face these issues and not allow tribal sentiments becloud our reasoning.

18 Likes

Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by Xcozee(m): 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
Not new
Re: 'I Took A Risk; I Was Unlucky' — Suspected Drug Mule by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
That's only because you were arrested in Nigeria and not Indonesia. Mtcheeeeeeeew!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Who Robbed With Toy Gun Caught In Lagos / Police Officer Dismissed For Hiding Stolen Cow In Abuja. PHOTOS / Kogi State University Student Stabbed To Death By A Fellow Student (Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.