Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,023 members, 7,835,474 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Seun Kuti Speaks On Oba Of Lagos Saga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Kuti Speaks On Oba Of Lagos Saga (1658 Views)

Seun Kuti: ''Bring Metuh In Chains Next Time'' / Chimamanda Adichie's Article On The Oba Of Lagos Saga / Yoruba Politicians Are Smarter Than Their Igbo Counterparts: Oba Of Lagos Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Kuti Speaks On Oba Of Lagos Saga by jiggalo(m): 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
Lagos - Afrobeat act Seun Kuti acknowledges
that the Oba of Lagos was wrong for making an
alleged anti-Igbo statement.
The son of the Afrobeat king had earlier on
Facebook jumped to the defense of the Oba of
Lagos Rilwan Akiolu, when it was first reported
that the supreme monarch in Lagos made an
anti-Igbo statement with regards to the
governorship election.
"Who are these people lying against the throne
of Lagos? I am sure the Oba of Lagos didn’t
say those words cos if he did his days on the
throne are numbered. For he is a father to all
children and a host to all guests! “I don’t have
to wait for that to be refuted I can already see
it’s the usual PDP dirty politics" he wrote on
his Facebook fan page.
When the audio recording of the Oba of Lagos
making the alleged statement about Igbo
people surfaced online on Monday,Seun Kuti
clarified his earlier statement.
Also read: Seun Kuti congratulates Bola Tinubu
but not Buhari?
"No one has the right to threaten anyone over
votes. I'm expecting the Oba of Lagos to clarify
this recording because that seat isn't for
personal interest. Why were the Igbo Chiefs
clapping even I'm pissed off. I stand corrected
seems there is something amiss with our elders
o" he said.
"There are some distortions in the recording but
someone threatens you nd u start clapping. Na
wa oooo. If the Igbo people don't start a
petition, I will. That's not how u treat guests
especially when u hv taken vows to protect
everyone" he added.
-News24
http://m.news24.com/nigeria/Entertainment/News/Seun-Kuti-speaks-on-Oba-of-Lagos-saga-20150407

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Speaks On Oba Of Lagos Saga by Dgreatestt: 4:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
All Yorubas cannot vote for Ambode
All Hausas cannot vote for Agbaje
Likewise Ijaws and other tribe in Lagos
But the Oba's comment can just giv all Igbo vote to Agbaje
Any right thinking person will condemn d outburst by HRH..

It's even more surprising that most commenters I respect on dis forum r even supporting wat the Oba said, we shouldn't let our love for a political party blind our reasoning! #onenaija

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Speaks On Oba Of Lagos Saga by astana1: 4:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
LAGOS- BELONGS TO THE YOURBAw

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Speaks On Oba Of Lagos Saga by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
people should let this matter die jare.. Not every yoruba share the emotional outburst of the oba.. So I don't see why the issue should be given all the attention in the world
Re: Seun Kuti Speaks On Oba Of Lagos Saga by stigman(m): 4:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
astana1:
LAGOS- BELONGS TO THE YOURBA'S

ABUJA- BELONGS TO THE GWARRI'S

IGBO SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THEIR STATEMENTS.

IF THEY TRY THE NONSENSE THEY ARE DOING IN LAGOS, THEY WILL BE ROASTED. grin

Mumu, poor bastard

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Speaks On Oba Of Lagos Saga by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
[b]The oba of lagos is a disgrace to "humanity"the man does not deserve to be called an oba,he is a disgrace to the royal kingdom..

but just thinking out loud What if the oba is indirectly working hard to gain sympathy votes for agbaje without the igbo people knowing??jimi agbaje is a cousin to the oba,when I watched the video I was surprised that some igbo people were with him and even clapping,did you see that the igbo people on that video where even laughing and smiling when the oba made that statement??this issue is more than the eyes can see,I smell foul play,I hope our igbo brothers will not get too emotional and fall for their tricks....the same oba that endorsed jonathan but later people found out that he was actually supporting buhari backdoor,trust the oba at your own peril.....decisions made on very emotional spirit don't end well so please all of us should vote based on our conscience,we should not vote for a candidate based on the fact that we want to challenge the oba,we should vote according to our conscience,trust me it will hurt you when you vote for a particular candidate because of the oba's statement and some years after you discovered that this same candidate and the oba planned everything,they used it as a tool to trick the igbos and make them vote for the candidate,by then you will say to yourself "they deceived us"...ok ooo...

"Some words are foolish but the intelligent people deeply understand it"-nelson mandela.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Speaks On Oba Of Lagos Saga by Jwonder(m): 5:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
All i see is ENVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just because the Igbo's are adventurous and successful in their land that's why they are angry. An average yoruba man will never leave his father's house to seek for greener pastures else where, all u hear from them is "ILE BABA Mii" smh..Lazy folks.. They prefer going to the garage to collect money they didn't work for. Whether the yoruba like it or not all i know is that its ENVY that is bringing all this, if not, then why have they singled out igbo people to pour their hate on..don't we have Calabar, Niger Deltans and hausa's in Lagos.. Why must it always be "THE GREAT IGBO PEOPLE"

If you like Quote me and say rubbish that's you own wahala, have said my own...

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Speaks On Oba Of Lagos Saga by sarmiie(m): 5:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
wakacome:
[b]The oba of lagos is a disgrace to "humanity"the man does not deserve to be called an oba,he is a disgrace to the royal kingdom..

but just thinking out loud What if the oba is indirectly working hard to gain sympathy votes for agbaje without the igbo people knowing??jimi agbaje is a cousin to the oba,when I watched the video I was surprised that some igbo people were with him and even clapping,did you see that the igbo people on that video where even laughing and smiling when the oba made that statement??this issue is more than the eyes can see,I smell foul play,I hope our igbo brothers will not get too emotional and fall for their tricks....the same oba that endorsed jonathan but later people found out that he was actually supporting buhari backdoor,trust the oba at your own peril.....decisions made on very emotional spirit don't end well so please all of us should vote based on our conscience,we should not vote for a candidate based on the fact that we want to challenge the oba,we should vote according to our conscience,trust me it will hurt you when you vote for a particular candidate because of the oba's statement and some years after you discovered that this same candidate and the oba planned everything,they used it as a tool to trick the igbos and make them vote for the candidate,by then you will say to yourself "they deceived us"...ok ooo...

that's another way to look it........
politics na like iceberg.
shii goes on under the surface that a lot of people never know about.
still, it is a very dangerous and risky thing to do

"Some words are foolish but the intelligent people deeply understand it"-nelson mandela.[/b]
Re: Seun Kuti Speaks On Oba Of Lagos Saga by EdCure: 7:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
These people should stop playing statesmanship and acting over-civilised jare. This is an issue of pure survival, relevance, leverage, power and significance of the Yorubas in Lagos, their own land, battling against arrant and ungrateful ibo strangers that are bent on usurping power from them.

Are the Ibos the only non-indegenous ethnic group resident in Lagos? Why are they the most arrogant and problematic?

Only the king knows the extent to which his authority has been threatened, and only he knows how to assert his influence and defend his throne and people.

The travellers have become too emboldened for comfort. The Yorubas need to design a "final solution" to the Ibo question. They will have more of these nuisance to deal with in the days and years ahead if they fail to act now.
Enough said!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How To Stabilize World Oil Price By Buhari / Police Uncover Ritual Killers’ Hideout In Ondo, Arrest Five / Senate Presidency: Saraki-led APC Lawmakers Endorse David Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.