Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,576 members, 7,812,872 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! (14948 Views)

Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked / Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness / I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 3:43pm On Apr 13, 2015
dolphinheart:
Bro ,abeg no vex , but u fit just for my sake answer the question.

OK! The English word Jehovah comes from the inaccurate Latin word YEHOWAH formed by Martini a Catholic Monk, when he wrongly inserted three vowel into the Tetragrammaton of Divine name for God to form YEHOWAH.

So since the root word where Jehovah comes from is inaccurate then the derivative word Jehovah is inaccurate too though people have wrongly using it which you can also find in some versions like KJV, ASV but Scholars have said that this word have been wrongly used by those translation.

The astonish part is that JWs knew this yet they still went ahead to use the same word just because "...people's familiarity with it" and claimed they have RESTORED the Divine name.

Can you answer those questions I put to you now?
1. Has your organization TRULY RESTORED the DIVINE name of GOD?

2. Now will the MONK who FORMULATED this name before being translated into English be among the Little one or the holy ones?

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by dolphinheart(m): 4:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
Emusan:

OK! The English word Jehovah comes from the inaccurate Latin word YEHOWAH formed by Martini a Catholic Monk, when he wrongly inserted three vowel into the Tetragrammaton of Divine name for God to form YEHOWAH.

So since the root word where Jehovah comes from is inaccurate then the derivative word Jehovah is inaccurate too though people have wrongly using it which you can also find in some versions like KJV, ASV but Scholars have said that this word have been wrongly used by those translation.

The astonish part is that JWs knew this yet they still went ahead to use the same word just because "...people's familiarity with it" and claimed they have RESTORED the Divine name.

Can you answer those questions I put to you now?
1. Has your organization TRULY RESTORED the DIVINE name of GOD?

2. Now will the MONK who FORMULATED this name before being translated into English be among the Little one or the holy ones?

So the word "jehovah " is fake, not real name of God in english language and should be discarded right? Ok o

By the way, which bible translation are u using ? Does it contain the name "jehovah " ?
Are we supposed to term as inacurate any translation that uses the word jehovah in its english translations?
Why is it now occuring more and more in many translations when scholars say its a fake word and its not the real name of God ?
To the questions
1. Yes
2.I dnt know , I dnt know the monk or what he did behind close doors, I cnt read the heart, and its not my job or my place or my ability to know who will be saved or which class they belong
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by CAPTIVATOR: 5:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
Emusan:

Ohhhhh...it's now you can see added word in one's translation
Emusan beautifully exposed !

but you can't you own added and omitted word in NWT.

The exact Greek word-for-word rendering in the Kingdom Interlinear Translation for John 14:14 is:
if ever anything YOU should ask me in the name of me this I shall do.
According to that Greek text, the Lord Jesus taught his disciples to pray to himself and he (Jesus) shall do it. In contrast to the Greek, the NWT inaccurately reads:

If YOU ask anything in my name, I will do it. Obviously, 'ME' has been removed by the NWT because of the implication of praying to Jesus.

Open ur eyes bro , this is a disputed text .. Even many trinitarian translations doesnt contain " me" either , KJB, Jubilee, King James, AKJV, ASV, Darby, websters , WEB, Young. And for your information the kingdom interlinear translation is based on Wescott and Hort greek text Whereas The NWT is a comparison of different master texts apart from Wescott and Hort .

You agree that THE NAME of Jesus will be CALLED UPON which is the truth we found the NT,
1. Have you CALLED ON THIS NAME BEFORE?
2. Why your organization says we can't pray to Jesus when it's evident that people will CALL ON HIS NAME?

Though you've claimed that CALLING UPON the name of Jesus is doing His Father's will but see the reason why this is just another attempt of twisting scriptures.

1. Both Christians and Jews know that God is being referred to as FATHER; and Paul is a Jews, so why will Paul be persecuting those who are TRULY DOING THE WILL OF THE FATHER since he persecuted those who called on the name of Jesus Christ? "But Ananias answered, [size=14pt]"Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to thy saints at Jerusalem; and here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who CALL UPON THY NAME."[/size] Acts 9:13-14 RSV (bold & capital, mine)

2. If someone is doing the will of THE FATHER it's a thing ONLY GOD Himself could know, NO HUMAN BEING CAN TRULY KNOW IT. Then how come people know this if we should go by your perverted interpretation of the scriptures? "And all who heard him were amazed, and said, [size=14pt]"Is not this the man who made havoc in Jerusalem of those who called on this name?[/size] And he has come here for this purpose, to bring them bound before the chief priests." acts 9:21 RSV (bold, mine)

Don't be surprised that Watchtower has mislead you.

As earlier noted screaming Jesus or Lord around the internet is not the point even sinners say Lord Jesus to cover their evil deeds, what matters to Jesus is doing his fathers will. - Matt 7:21-23

Moreover, what differenciate a christian from a Jew is that while we christians call on the name of Jesus while bending our knees to the Father, believing he is our mediator THEY bliv they dont have to approach the Father through Jesus name .. Describing the kind of environment the Apostles did their preaching.

ALL the apostles direct their prayers to God througH the name Jesus - ACT 4: 24-30 thats the example I follow.

" but in everything by prayer .... Let your petitions be made known to God " Phi 4:6,7

' throw all your anxieties upon God becaus he cares for you - 1pet 5:6,7
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by CAPTIVATOR: 6:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
Emusan:

The bold part is a pure lie both Isaiah and Jeremiah were used by the writers of the NT which gives the Translators better idea of how to render them in English.

Or you want to tell us that when the NT writers used these words they weren't conveyed the true meaning and pronunciation?

YOU are finally exposed again .. Uv said the derivative word must come from the root word !

The greek writers didnt follow such illicit rule of yours. Greek Esaias WAS NOT DERIVED FROM the root hebrew word Yeshayahu. The difference is clear

Greek Ieremias WAS NOT DERIVED FROM the root hebrew word Yirmeyahu , The diference is very clear ! They only use an acceptable GREEK FORM .

If the Divine name has ever APPEARED in Greek NT, translators would have resolved this problem since but as NO NT writers use it I wonder how JWs get the Divine name into their own NT rendering.

Grow up from all this trash u read all over the internet , the present Greek manuscript we possess are not the originals AND There are evidences that the greek writers preserve the tetramagaton in the greek text .

- Matthew wrote his account in hebrew language that owns the tetramagaton NOT Greek . It was Somone unknown that translated it to greek

- the book of Revelation uses the word " Hallelu jah" which means " Praise Jah" , Jah is an abreviated form of the name Jehovah.

Read More : Bible scholars acknowledge that God’s personal name, as represented by the Tetragrammaton (יהוה), appears almost 7,000 times in the original text of the Hebrew Scriptures. However, many feel that it did not appear in the original text of the Christian Greek Scriptures. For this reason, http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/appendix-a/divine-name-christian-greek-scriptures/#
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by CANTICLES: 6:57pm On Apr 13, 2015
Emusan:

Lol...is like you're serious.

No parallelism but they have the same meaning.

This is baseless, Greek is different from Hebrew Just as Hausa is different from Yoruba but you can find equivalent word in two languages but having the same meaning. So if you're expecting the same PARALLEL and SPELLING word in the two Languages then you mean the two Languages should be the same.

English equivalent of Yir-meya'hu is Jeremiah likewise Yesha-ya'hu is Isaiah so if I'm speaking English I use English equivalent words if I'm speaking Hebrew I use Hebrew words.

So tell me, when JWs agree that YAh.Weh is the most correct pronunciation and went ahead to use Jehovah after they claimed to RESTORE THE DIVINE NAME, do they do the right thing?

MAybe you can help your brothers answer this question Please will the Catholic monk-Raymundus Martini, a Spanish who formed this name 'Jehovah' be among the Little flocks or the Holy one?

Simple analysis yet u cant comprehend.

Hebrew YHWH
English JHVH
Y = J in translations , e.g hebrew (Y) ehoshua = English (J) oshua . And many more examples of such

The hebrew consonant "W" is pronounced as english " V" !

Here comes JHVH

supply the vowels .

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by CANTICLES: 7:54pm On Apr 13, 2015

Emusan
Now I'll use this to answer your above question about;
A Yoruba man wrote a book and this word was found
there 'GBNG' whereas most of the place this word
appeared it indicated that it's referring to someone.
So what a Scholar of Yoruba will do are:
1. Understand that this is someone's name
2. Know that something has already missing in those
letter, since such word never convey any REAL NAME
in Yoruba.
3. Find how to resolve this dilemma by substituting
some letters to make it pronounceable and have
meaning.
4. So in Yoruba like other languages there's vowel and
consonant. So if will begin to insert letters many
WORDS will come out, we'll surely get name and some
incorrect word i.e [b]GB(e)NG(o), GB(a)NG(o), GB(o)N
(e)G, GB(e)N(o)G(a), GB(a)N(e)G(a), GB(e)NG(a) e.t.c
5. From here, I'll only take the two underlined words GB
(e)N(o)G(a) & GB(e)NG(a) because the rest isn't even
sound as NAME.
6. Now both GBENOGA and GBENGA looks similar but
only different with the insertion of the vowel 'O', as a
good Yoruba scholar you will know that the INSERTION
of vowel 'O' has deformed the PRONUNCIATION and
the MEANING of the closest ROOT WORD and
every
[size=25]Yoruba man knows that GBENGA is a NAME[/size] BUT
GBENOGA never convey any true NAME in Yoruba
Language.

See moonlight tales .... When did yoruba become the basis for selecting vowel sounds ?

@ Bolded , Has anyone been bearing Yahweh or Yehowah before so as to qualify which one is name and which one is not a name ?
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 8:11am On Apr 14, 2015
CANTICLES:
See moonlight tales .... When did yoruba become the basis for selecting vowel sounds?

Does Yoruba Language has vowel and consonant?

@ Bolded , Has anyone been bearing Yahweh or Yehowah before so as to qualify which one is name and which one is not a name ?

From my illustration just as Gbenga (mind you this might not be the actual intent of the writer for GBNG) is closed to GBNG as a plausible name in Yoruba Yahweh is closed to Hebrew with the addition of vowel 'O' makes it losses any form in Hebrew.

Just a simple explanation.

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 9:11am On Apr 14, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:
Emusan beautifully exposed!

And you can't show where this happened

Open ur eyes bro , this is a disputed text .. Even many trinitarian translations doesn't contain " me" either , KJB, Jubilee, King James, AKJV, ASV, Darby, websters , WEB, Young.

It's not disputed.
You said many but absolutely it was there. If NWT is accurate why must it omit the word?

And for your information the kingdom interlinear translation is based on Wescott and Hort greek text Whereas The NWT is a comparison of different master texts apart from Wescott and Hort.

Including the work of Johannes Greber the spirit-ism.

As earlier noted screaming Jesus or Lord around the internet is not the point even sinners say Lord Jesus to cover their evil deeds, what matters to Jesus is doing his fathers will. - Matt 7:21-23

Not about screaming the name Jesus Christ is what we are talking about here Mr man, please read in between the line before you post.

The point here is Romans 10:13 calling upon the NAME of the Lord to be saved which your organization says this is a quote speaking about the Son. So the point is PRAYING TO Jesus.

Moreover, what differenciate a christian from a Jew is that while we christians call on the name of Jesus while bending our knees to the Father,

But Stephen the first Martyr bends his knee and call upon the name of Jesus.

believing he is our mediator THEY bliv they dont have to approach the Father through Jesus name .. Describing the kind of environment the Apostles did their preaching.

Can we pray to Jesus?
Did Apostles called upon the Name of Jesus (which means they pray to Him) the way people of Old called upon the of Jehovah?
That's the point here.

ALL the apostles direct their prayers to God througH the name Jesus - ACT 4: 24-30 thats the example I follow.

Please show me where they prayed through the name of Jesus in those verses? I'll laugh you if you refer to vr 30.

But EVERYONE WILL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE SON TO BE SAVED, have you called upon Jesus' name for you to be saved?

"but in everything by prayer .... Let your petitions be made known to God " Phi 4:6,7
'throw all your anxieties upon God becaus he cares for you - 1pet 5:6,7

And if we ask Jesus ANYTHING He will do it. So who should we pray to?

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 10:56am On Apr 14, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:
YOU are finally exposed again .. Uv said the derivative word must come from the root word !

The greek writers didnt follow such illicit rule of yours. Greek Esaias WAS NOT DERIVED FROM the root hebrew word Yeshayahu. The difference is clear

Greek Ieremias WAS NOT DERIVED FROM the root hebrew word Yirmeyahu , The diference is very clear ! [size=14pt]They only use an acceptable GREEK FORM.[/size]

You're still confusing things here,

As you rightly said @bold both Isaiah and Jeremiah were USED BY THE GREEK WRITERS which is EQUIVALENT TO HEBREW before it became ACCEPTABLE these word WERE NOT TRYING TO BE DERIVED FROM THE ORIGINAL HEBREW.

NB: I made mention of equivalent word in original language.

But in case of Jehovah, Martini was trying to FORM its EQUIVALENT WORD in original Hebrew NOT THAT HE USED LATIN EQUIVALENT, this is very clear and two things in view.

Grow up from all this trash u read all over the internet , [size=14pt]the present Greek manuscript we possess are not the originals AND There are evidences that the greek writers preserve the tetramagaton in the greek text.[/size]

- Matthew wrote his account in hebrew language that owns the tetramagaton NOT Greek . It was Somone unknown that translated it to greek

Yet you said in above that "AND There are evidences that the greek writers preserve the tetramagaton in the greek text." Is the unknown person a writer? If Yes! When was translator became writer?

- the book of Revelation uses the word " Hallelu jah" which means " Praise Jah" , Jah is an abreviated form of the name Jehovah.

Nobody disputed the use of it in Hebrew.

Does the God's name appear in Christians book that's the question?

Remember you said it yourself below.

Read More : Bible scholars acknowledge that God’s personal name, as represented by the Tetragrammaton (יהוה), appears almost 7,000 times in the original text of the Hebrew Scriptures. [size=14pt]However, many feel that it did not appear in the original text of the Christian Greek Scriptures.[/size] For this reason, http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/appendix-a/divine-name-christian-greek-scriptures/#

Notice the bold part.
Please where is the evidence you said "...evidences that the greek writers preserve the tetramagaton in the greek text."

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by RikoduoSennin(m): 6:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
CANTICLES:

Simple analysis yet u cant comprehend.

Hebrew YHWH
English JHVH
Y = J in translations , e.g hebrew (Y) ehoshua = English (J) oshua . And many more examples of such

The hebrew consonant "W" is pronounced as english " V" !

Here comes JHVH

supply the vowels .

He wants JW to use the Form:

YHWH in Hebrew = Yahweh

JHVH in English = Jahveh or Jahweh

See how it rhyme with the short form of God's name: Jah in English.

The curious thing is, Is there any official Church document that use this form Jahveh or Jahweh? I think not, because their main focus in on the pronunciation rather than the meaning/ idea behind the name.
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 3:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
dolphinheart:
So the word "jehovah " is fake, not real name of God in english language and should be discarded right? Ok o

That's the truth which your organization even knew about.

By the way, which bible translation are u using ? Does it contain the name "jehovah"?

I used many translation KJV is among them but I've said earlier that scholars have criticised the usage of Jehovah in KJV.

Are we supposed to term as inacurate any translation that uses the word jehovah in its english translations?

Yes! but God doesn't bother about that because;
1. God has already given believers a new name to call upon for salvation.
2. God has more than one name.

Why is it now occuring more and more in many translations when scholars say its a fake word and its not the real name of God?

You can only find it in the oldest translation.

To the questions
1. Yes

You can still say yes when evidence has been given to you that Jehovah is an inaccurate name for Divine name.

2.I dnt know , I dnt know the monk or what he did behind close doors, I cnt read the heart, and its not my job or my place or my ability to know who will be saved or which class they belong

You should know, because the person who FORMED that name which is now the main pillar of your organization must have received it by revelation and his work must have made him to be part of the holy ones and little flocks.

Then this render your organization claim as only people who belong to your organization as true Christians useless.

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 3:36pm On Apr 21, 2015
RikoduoSennin:

He wants JW to use the Form:

YHWH in Hebrew = Yahweh

JHVH in English = Jahveh or Jahweh

See how it rhyme with the short form of God's name: Jah in English.

The curious thing is, Is there any official Church document that use this form Jahveh or Jahweh? I think not, because their main focus in on the pronunciation rather than the meaning/ idea behind the name.

You've not cleared the mess you put yourself into, you claimed Jesus USED a TITLE for God's name
Now why Jesus didn't bother to restore God's name instead of using a title?
Wouldn't this prove that Jesus blasphemes which He said the name of God should be sanctified yet He couldn't sanctify it?
Since Jesus used Title where your organization get the Hebrew word Jehovah into Greek book of Christians from?

This are the question you cover your eyes from as if you didn't see them.

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by dolphinheart(m): 6:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
Emusan:

That's the truth which your organization even knew about.

I used many translation KJV is among them but I've said earlier that scholars have criticised the usage of Jehovah in KJV.

Yes! but God doesn't bother about that because;
1. God has already given believers a new name to call upon for salvation.
2. God has more than one name.

You can only find it in the oldest translation.

You can still say yes when evidence has been given to you that Jehovah is an inaccurate name for Divine name.

You should know, because the person who FORMED that name which is now the main pillar of your organization must have received it by revelation and his work must have made him to be part of the holy ones and little flocks.

Then this render your organization claim as only people who belong to your organization as true Christians useless.

So to everyone , when reading the bible and come accross the name "jehovah" pls cancel it as those translators where wrong o
The proper name in english is _____, emusan pls help fill the gap.

Does the traslation(s) u use add the word "jehovah" to its translations ?

Interesting , so God has more than one name , ill like to know those other names pls , with its bible location .

are you saying that modern translations do not use the name jehovah?

Oga, I no know who they go heaven or who dey stay earth, being a member of the organization is not a direct criteria for evalasting life.
Doing good work is not a criteria for evalasting life, doing good work to the end is . I dnt know how the man lived his life to the end.
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by RikoduoSennin(m): 12:26pm On Apr 25, 2015
Emusan:

@bold section, That is your own conclusion not that of JW.

The Holy Spirit NOT JW choose those that are part of the Holy ones/Little flock (Romans 8:16). If you knew JW well, you would know this already.
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by RikoduoSennin(m): 1:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
Emusan:

You've not cleared the mess you put yourself into, you claimed Jesus USED a TITLE for God's name

I don't remember making such a claim! But I remember that you said this same thing in another post- you misunderstood my original statement.

Emusan:

Now why Jesus didn't bother to restore God's name instead of using a title?

See what Jesus say with his own mouth, John 17:16,26 "I have MANIFESTED THY NAME to the men whom thou gaveth me out of the world....I made known to them THY NAME and I will make IT known...."

Did Jesus shy away from using YHWH?

Emusan:

Wouldn't this prove that Jesus blasphemes which He said the name of God should be sanctified yet He couldn't sanctify it?

After Reading John 17:6,26; How would you answer that question?

Emusan:

Since Jesus used Title where your organization get the Hebrew word Jehovah into Greek book of Christians from?

Jesus did not use a Title, he made YHWH known to others- This is a fact!

Papyrus roll of the Greek Septuagint (LXX) has the Tetragrammaton written in "square Hebrew characters".

Q1) Did Jesus Christ and those of his disciples who wrote the christian greek scriptures have at hand copies of the Greek Septuagint with the divine name appearing in the form of the Tetragrammaton? YES, because copies of LXX remained for centuries after christ.

Q2) Did God's name appear in the original writings of the Greek scriptures/New Testament? Jerome of the fourth and fifth century C.E wrote that Matthew/Levi wrote his book originally in Hebrew which was later translated to Greek.
(The Hebrew copy is located in the Library of ceasarea). Matthew made many quotation from the original Hebrew Scriptures, some of portions are from verses that contain the Divine Name, Since Jesus and his disciples use The Divine Name
, it is safe to say that They did not upheld the Tradition of removing the Divine name and replacing it with Titles (Lord and God)

Emusan:

This are the question you cover your eyes from as if you didn't see them.

You have a nasty habit of MIS-QUOTING ME or capitalise on my Typho mistakes without following my train of thought. So to avoid meaningless argument I chose to ignore those posts.
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 25, 2015
nice
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 8:49am On May 04, 2015
dolphinheart:
So to everyone , when reading the bible and come accross the name "jehovah" pls cancel it as those translators where were wrong o
The proper name in english is _____, emusan pls help fill the gap.

For now the proper name is YAHWEH since Jehovah isn't the best rendition

Does the translation(s) u use add the word "jehovah" to its translations?

Stop going backward

Interesting , so God has more than one name , ill like to know those other names pls , with its bible location.

How will you know when you're made to know only Jehovah?
Psalm 68:4 "As Jah which is his name" (Jah is the first part of Yahweh), Isaiah 57:15 "And whose name is holy", Isaiah 63:16 "Our Repurchaser[Redeemer] of long ago is your name"

are you saying that modern translations do not use the name jehovah?

If they do it's still wrong because Jehovah is an inaccurate rendering.

Oga, I no know who they go heaven or who dey stay earth, being a member of the organization is not a direct criteria for evalasting life.
Doing good work is not a criteria for evalasting life, doing good work to the end is . I dnt know how the man lived his life to the end.

But you know T. Russell will go to heaven.

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 8:54am On May 04, 2015
RikoduoSennin:
@bold section, That is your own conclusion not that of JW.

[size=14pt]The Holy Spirit NOT JW choose those that are part of the Holy ones/Little flock (Romans 8:16).[/size] If you knew JW well, you would know this already.

If it's the Holyspirit who chooses the Holy ones/Little flock, why do you think any other Christians won't be part of this Holy ones/Little flock?

Do you know criteria the Holyspirit uses to chose this Holy ones/Little flock?

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 9:43am On May 04, 2015
RikoduoSennin:
I don't remember making such a claim! But I remember that you said this same thing in another post- you misunderstood my original statement.

You didn't make any what? Why did you MODIFY your early post then?
Don't worry the way your organization lies to continue to buy you people's mind is what you're practicing.

See what Jesus say with his own mouth, John 17:16,26 "I have MANIFESTED THY NAME to the men whom thou gaveth me out of the world....I made known to them THY NAME and I will make IT known...."

Just give me where JESUS used the DIVINE NAME, not the place He quoted from Hebrew scripture as you people claimed.

Why will Jesus address God as FATHER and teaches His follower to address God as Father and not Jehovah?

Did Jesus shy away from using YHWH?

He didn't! Because God Himself had said that A NEW NAME WILL BE GIVEN

After Reading John 17:6,26; How would you answer that question?

Do you also know that NAME AND POWER are synonymous as being used in the Bible?

Jesus did not use a Title, he made YHWH known to others- This is a fact!

How did He do it when He addresses God as FATHER and also teaches His follower to do so?
Show me where Jesus told His follower to use the DIVINE NAME in the scripture

Papyrus roll of the Greek Septuagint (LXX) has the Tetragrammaton written in "square Hebrew characters".

[size=14pt]Q1) Did Jesus Christ and those of his disciples who wrote the christian greek scriptures have at hand copies of the Greek Septuagint with the divine name appearing in the form of the Tetragrammaton?[/size] YES, because copies of LXX remained for centuries after christ.

I can't stop laughing when you people will rush to MANUSCRIPT as if any MANUSCRIPTS support your claim.

Now see this BOLD CONTRADICTION in your post (this is the same lie your brother (CAPT) pulled up there which I put right in his face but ran away with this obvious contradiction which you also have repeated here.)

[b]@bold (especially underlined)-you claimed that "his disciples WHO WROTE the CHRISTIAN GREEK SCRIPTURES"
Yet you said below again "Jerome of the fourth and fifth century C.E wrote that Matthew/Levi wrote his book originally in Hebrew which was later translated to Greek.

Please when was a TRANSLATOR BECOME A WRITER?
Because if Matthew/Levi wrote his book in original Hebrew why referring to THE GREEK TRANSLATION AS ORIGINAL GREEK AGAIN written by Jesus disciples?

Q2) [size=14pt]Did God's name appear in the original writings of the Greek scriptures/New Testament? Jerome of the fourth and fifth century C.E wrote that Matthew/Levi wrote his book originally in Hebrew which was later translated to Greek.[/size]
(The Hebrew copy is located in the Library of ceasarea). Matthew made many quotation from the original Hebrew Scriptures, some of portions are from verses that contain the Divine Name, [size=14pt]Since Jesus and his disciples use The Divine Name,[/size] it is safe to say that They did not upheld the Tradition of removing the Divine name and replacing it with Titles (Lord and God)

DO WE STILL HAVE ORIGINAL GREEK when the writers WROTE THEIR BOOKS in ORIGINAL HEBREW?
OR you forgot that to write is different from to translate and WRITER is different from TRANSLATOR?
Where did Jesus and His disciple use the Divine name?

Lastly, when was this REMOVING OF THIS DIVINE NAME from the scriptures started, before Christ or after Christ? With evidence please

You have a nasty habit of MIS-QUOTING ME or capitalise on my Typho mistakes without following my train of thought. So to avoid meaningless argument I chose to ignore those posts.

Now I have a nasty habit of MISQUOTING you can you please show me where I did this?
So if you realized that YOUR POST ALWAYS INCLUDE TYPHO, why accusing me of being having a nasty habit of misquoting you?

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by dolphinheart(m): 4:09pm On May 04, 2015
So english speakers, according to emusan , yaweh is the way to pronounce name for God in english and not jehovah.

Does the english translation(s) u use add the word "jehovah" to its translations? Just want a yes or no answer pls.

U stated (How will you know when you're made to know only Jehovah?
Psalm 68:4 "As Jah which is
his name" (Jah is the first
part of Yahweh), Isaiah 57:15
"And whose name is holy",)

Questions : pls expanciate on what you mean by jah is the first part of yahweh . How do we now pronounce the first part of Gods name in english.

U stated (Isaiah 63:16 "Our Repurchaser[Redeemer] of long ago is your name"wink

So in ur view " our repurchaser" ,"holy " are personal names of god?

If that's ur view, how do we then align it with the words of other translations below

New International Version
...you, LORD, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name.

New Living Translation
....You are our Redeemer from ages past.

English Standard Version
..... you, O LORD, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name.

New American Standard
Bible
....You, O LORD, are our Father, Our Redeemer
from of old is Your name.

King James Bible
.... thou, O LORD, art our
father, our redeemer; thy
name is from everlasting.

NET Bible
.....You, LORD, are our father;
you have been called our
protector from ancient times.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
....you are our Father. Your name is our Defender From
Everlasting.

Jubilee Bible 2000
....thou, O LORD, art our father; our everlasting Redeemer is thy name.

King James 2000 Bible
...you, O LORD, are our father, our redeemer; your name is from everlasting.

American King James
Version

American Standard Version
.... thou, O Jehovah, art our
Father; our Redeemer from
everlasting is thy name.

Douay-Rheims Bible
....thou, O Lord, art our
father, our redeemer, from
everlasting is thy name.

Darby Bible Translation
...thou, Jehovah, art our
Father; our Redeemer, from
everlasting, is thy name.

Webster's Bible Translation
......thou, O LORD, art our
father, our Redeemer; thy

From the versions above, can you explain ur view on the other name of God in that verse?

Thought you said mordern translations "dnt" use the name "jehovah" , you are now say "if ", Bros let's be certain , are mordern english translations using "jehovah as the name of God ? Yes or no or I dnt know.

Oga , I told you I dnt have the ability to know the heart of an individual, that I can't determine what reward awaits anyone,I can't judge, you are now going to t. Russell who is just another man like you and me. Sir I dnt know what will happen to him, I dnt know him personaly and I'm not required to.
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 8:20am On May 05, 2015
dolphinheart:
So english speakers, according to emusan , yaweh is the way to pronounce name for God in english and not jehovah.

Please if you don't have meaningful thing to contribute stop quoting me, for the last time the word JEHOVAH was derived from the LATIN inaccurate formulation of the Hebrew letters YHWH by a Chatolic monk Raymundus Martini, which has NO EQUIVALENT word in Hebrew. So if the ROOT WORD WHERE JEHOVAH WAS DERIVED IN LATIN IS INACCURATE then the derivative word Jehovah IN ENGLISH will also wrong.

Get that into your brain.

Does the english translation(s) u use add the word "jehovah" to its translations? Just want a yes or no answer pls.

Do scholars have ever criticized the usage of JEHOVAH in any English translation? Maybe this can rest your brain about what I've been saying since.

U stated (How will you know when you're made to know only Jehovah?
Psalm 68:4 "As Jah which is
his name" (Jah is the first
part of Yahweh), Isaiah 57:15
"And whose name is holy",)

Questions : pls expanciate on what you mean by jah is the first part of yahweh . How do we now pronounce the first part of Gods name in english.

What explanation do you want again from JAH? Wasn't JAH the YAH--in YAHWEH?
The way you have made to be pronouncing it from childhood.

U stated (Isaiah 63:16 "Our Repurchaser[Redeemer] of long ago is your name"wink

So in ur view " our repurchaser" ,"holy " are personal names of god?

Very funny of you, now that I've shown you that Jehovah is not the only name for God you're attacking a strawman again.
Is the name of God Holy and Repurchaser? That's the question.

If that's ur view, how do we then align it with the words of other translations below

Are you now telling me that these translations rendered this verse MORE ACCURATE THAN THE NWT?

New International Version
...you, LORD, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name.

New Living Translation
....You are our Redeemer from ages past.

English Standard Version
..... you, O LORD, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name.

New American Standard
Bible
....You, O LORD, are our Father, Our Redeemer
from of old is Your name.

King James Bible
.... thou, O LORD, art our
father, our redeemer; thy

NET Bible
.....You, LORD, are our father;
you have been called our
protector from ancient times.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
....you are our Father. Your name is our Defender From
Everlasting.

Jubilee Bible 2000
....thou, O LORD, art our father; our everlasting Redeemer is thy name.

King James 2000 Bible

American King James
Version

American Standard Version
.... thou, O Jehovah, art our
Father; our Redeemer from
everlasting is thy name.

Douay-Rheims Bible
....thou, O Lord, art our
father, our redeemer, from
everlasting is thy name.

Darby Bible Translation
...thou, Jehovah, art our
Father; our Redeemer, from
everlasting, is thy name.

Webster's Bible Translation
......thou, O LORD, art our
father, our Redeemer; thy

From the versions above, can you explain ur view on the other name of God in that verse?

I quoted two verses but you stylishly avoided the other ONE. Beside, are you telling me that these translations are more rendered accurately than the NWT that I quoted earlier?

Thought you said mordern translations "dnt" use the name "jehovah" , you are now say "if", Bros let's be certain , are mordern english translations using "jehovah as the name of God ? Yes or no or I dnt know.

I only said you can find it in the oldest translations (Though I omitted 'MOST') I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT MODERN TRANSLATION nor do you ask anything about modern translation, This is your post Why is it now occuring more and more in many translations when scholars say its a fake word and its not the real name of God? and my respond was You can only find it in the oldest translation.
stop lying the way your organization always lies about scholars
beside your organization has more to tell you about this, "For this reason, most modern English Bibles do not use the name Jehovah when translating the so-called New Testament. Even when translating quotations from the Hebrew Scriptures in which the Tetragrammaton appears, most translators use “Lord” rather than God’s personal name." http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/appendix-a/divine-name-christian-greek-scriptures/# Even your organization knew that most Modern translations don't use it.

Oga, I told you I (Jehovah's witness) dnt have the ability to know the heart of an individual, that I (Jehovah's witness) can't determine what reward awaits anyone, I (Jehovah' witness) can't judge, you are now going to t. Russell who is just another man like you and me (and the founder of Watchtower Society). Sir I dnt know what will happen to him, I dnt know him personaly and I'm not required to. (bracket mine)

Here we go!
But before I address your point let me ask again, was Martini inspired to have used the name JEHOVAH after the use of it has been lost for many years?

I purposely inserted those bracket words so that you can get the point better.
This is almost the same thing your brother said above as "it's the Holyspirit who chooses the person", which means NO HUMAN HAVE THE POWER TO KNOW HOW GOD DOES HIS THING, in that case two problems arise here
1) Then one doesn't need to join Watchtower Society, read hundreds of watchtower & Awake booklets and go door-to-door preaching before being saved.
2) Your organization was wrong to claim they're the only TRUE CHRISTIANS when they're not even a Christian because they only witness for Jehovah.

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Nobody: 9:34am On May 05, 2015
I love that bros.

CAPTIVATOR:

ALL this copy and paste wont help u

Even with that, U still agree Yeshua = Joshua ! "Y " and "J"

Yehosua = Jesus ! "J" subtituted for " Y" again.

And u said Jesus means " Jehovah is salvation" which clearly reveal u also use Jehovah. Yet creating unnecessary argument here and there . ( even the protestant KJV of yours, retained Jehovah ( Exodus 6:3, psalm 83:18, ASV and some other versions too)

Let me ask you "Is it JESUS that appear in the sriptures or greek Iesous" ? Since Iesous is parallel to Yehoshua , why form JESUS and not retain Yehoshua ?

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Nobody: 9:51am On May 05, 2015
That was a wrong reply to:

:
So english speakers, according to emusan ,
yaweh is the way to pronounce name for God in
english and not jehovah.

colloquialism is in most cases a wrong pronunciation of a word. "Jesus" as shown by captivator is wrong if we are to go by the hebrew. even Jeremiah is a wrong pronunciation. The issue thus comes down to a form familiar with the English man.
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by CAPTIVATOR: 8:49pm On May 05, 2015
JMAN05:
That was a wrong reply to:

:

colloquialism is in most cases a wrong pronunciation of a word. "Jesus" as shown by captivator is wrong if we are to go by the hebrew. Even Jeremiah is a wrong pronunciation. The issue thus comes down to a form familiar with the English man.

I very much love the bold .... The greek scriptures use a form that is familiar to the greek people " Ieremias" instead of original " Yirmiyahu" .

If i decide to start a bible translation tomorrow , I can decide to use " Yirmiyahu" instead of Jeremiah , but will that be effective for my english speaking targets ? NO ! I will use " Jeremiah" because of peoples familiarity with it.

2 Likes

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by dolphinheart(m): 2:37am On May 08, 2015
@ emusan

Pls pls pls, let us refrain from abusive or derogatory words, pls ehn.

I asked you what should we use as the name of God in english language, as you have stated that the name "jehovah" is inacurate. You stated thus : "For now the proper name is
YAHWEH since Jehovah isn't
the best rendition"

Thus I believe you mean that the name of God in english language is "yaweh" so according to you, english speakers should use "yaweh" instead of "jehovah" as its the more accurate english translation of the name of God in hebrew. Why the derogatory statement ?

Part of ur post you stated that ".....the word JEHOVAH was derived from the LATIN inaccurate formulation of the Hebrew letters YHWH by a
Chatolic monk Raymundus
Martini, which has NO
EQUIVALENT word in
Hebrew. So if the ROOT
WORD WHERE JEHOVAH
WAS DERIVED IN LATIN IS
INACCURATE then the
derivative word Jehovah IN
ENGLISH will also wrong....."

So by the above statement , I believe you mean or are trying to say that the english language does not have a correct(accurate) name of God and must revert back to other languages and use other language(s) name of God to mention the name of God in english. I might be wrong o! That is if "yaweh "is an english language name of God .(I'm not that scholary)

I feel that if the english name of God "jehovah " is innacurate and should be discarded based on your explanation of the innacurate derivation of/from the root word , then you should also champion the cause that all names in the english bible that have root issues too should be discarded, abi no be so?.

I asked ,"Does the english translation (s) u use add the word "jehovah" to its translations? Just want a yes or no answer pls."

The question above no need scholary answer, a simple "yes the versions I use have the name jehovah in it" or "no the versions I use does not have the name jehovah in it " or " some do and some dnt " would be ok.
I no ask "why its there" or "why its not there" or "who made it to be there" so pls can you answer the question ?

I asked you to expanciate on your statement that " jah is the
first part of yahweh" also how do we pronounce the name of God and u stated thus :
"What explanation do you want
again from JAH? Wasn't JAH
the YAH--in YAHWEH?"

Sir if "jah " is the "yah " in "yaweh" then how do we pronounce it in english.
In the english language the letter "j" is pronounced differently from the letter "y" .
If you write/spell "jar" in english ,the pronounciation is different from when you write/spell "yar " in english . So pls , how should we pronounce the english word "yaweh" and how does jah being the first part of it come in during pronounciation in english.?
What I'm really asking is that should I pronounce the first letter "y" in the english word "yaweh" as I will pronounce the first letter "y" in other english words such as year, yard or yes? If no , y?

You said God has other names, I asked to give us those other names , you directed me to bible verses with an indication that God other names are stated there . You did not categoricaly tell me or commit urself to directly state that God other names are so so and so .
Hence I asked the question that in ur view (are you telling me) that Gods other personal names are "repurchaser" and "holy"? Pls answer and do not throw the question back at me

I now went further to state that in case you believe that Gods other personal names are "repurchaser" and holy" , with your prove based on the scriptures u qouted , then why does other translations say otherwise.?this you have refused to answer , all you have done is to questions my questions.
In that verse where you brought out the word " repurchaser" as the personal name of God I read several other versions where the word "repurchaser" is not there, I qouted those translations for you to see and comment on, but all you did is to question me back and not explain why does translations do not conform to ur view or mention that name as the name as the name of God .this I found disturbing .

If the other name of God is repurchaser , why dnt all the scriptures state thus in english, why do they use other english words .
By the way, in those verses you qouted, what is the original hebrew or greek word?

On the issue of mordern english translations and the use of the word jehovah .

Sir , I asked you previously why the name "jehovah" is now occurring more and more in english translations of the bible. This questions implies that as new translations come up, new revisions are being made , the name jehovah keep coming up in them , despite ur claim that scholars say it is wrong /innacurate. I can't be refering to only older translations when the words "now" and "more and more " occur in my question. So therefore I was refering to all translations and not just the older translations .(if I'm wrong , pls tell me what you understand my question to be, as I believe that you must understand a question before you can answer it)

Hence ,On April 29 , by 3:29 PM you answered the question by saying " You can only find it in the oldest translation."

Your statement was not "you can find it in the oldest translations". So pls stop the twisting .

With the original statement you made , one can't but help deduce that you are saying that one can only find the word "jehovah "in older translations and not in later (mordern) or future translations.(if I'm wrong about my understanding of ur answer, pls explain what you meant by "you can only find it in older translations"wink

To be sure about what you meant with that statement , I decided to ask other questions and ur later answers went contrary to ur initial statement .
This now prompted me to ask a categorical and simple question ,that, is the name "jehovah" included in mordern english translations of the bible ? In which I expect a simple answer of yes, no or I dnt know.
This answer you have not giving in ur reply , pls give us a simple answer.

If you feel you omitted the word "most" in ur statement" , pls feel free to add it anywhere in ur original statement and let's see how it goes sir. Ill be waiting for the addition .

You claim that I lie when I said that I "thought you said" something about mordern translations. I will only reply you when you can prove to me that my thoughts are wrong as to the meaning of ur statements on bible translations and the word "jehovah"

You said my organization lied about scholars . My question to you is that , do all the scholars agree 100 % with ur postulations ? Is there a categorical statement accepted and agreed to by all the scholars that jehovahs witnesses now lie about ?

I asked about the old and mordern english Translation of the entire bible which ur claim the use of the name jehovah is wrong/innacurate . That's what our discussion is based on and not on a translator translation of a part of the bible. Let's not change the scope of our discussion.

The statement "Even when translating quotations from the Hebrew Scriptures in which the
Tetragrammaton appears, most translators use “Lord” rather than God’s personal name" is true. Most do not use "jehovah" . But my question is , do some old and mordern translators ever use the word jehovah in some places where the tetragrammaton exist in the bible ?
Has there been an increase or reduction in the number of bible translations that mentioned the word "jehovah"?.

As to ur question on the martinis inspiration , ill humbly tell you again, oga I no know .

Pls be sincere, when the statement "it's
the Holyspirit who chooses the
person" was made , was he referring to martinis inspiration or to how we can't know who will be ressurected. Pls add prove.

Is being a founder an automatic ticket into Gods kingdom ? If not, y do u keep hammering on Mr Russell .he is just a man like me running his race to gain evalasting life. If he finish the race rightly, I dnt know as I was not there , and neither could I know his heart condition .
A jehovahs witness will tell you what God said you need to do to gain salvation and that you have to do it till the end . Jehovahs witnesses can't categorically say you did it to the end, even if they know some of the things you did, cus some parts of the things you need to do or have done can only be known between you and ur creator .

On the problem you say arose.
I do not see this as a problem
If you want to be a servant of jehovah and believe that he is the only true God you must worship , then you must be his witness and be ready and willing to declare his name far and wide. This jesus did and want us to do, the making of jehovah name known world wide . So if you dnt preach the word of God ,(doing it according to jesus directive), going out to meet people in their homes and on the streets from location to location ,to discuss with them Gods word as jesus as the apostles did,(unless you are incapable of doing such due to contraints and issues beyond ur control) then you are not a true Christian.
The books , magazines printed are aids to study of the bible and bible understanding, it contains scriptural reminders, warnings and advice that aid you to decipher satans snares and his attempts at not letting u know or understand the truth.
If you like read all the books , magazines, etc . It does not guarantee you evalasting life. If you like read the bible from A-Z, it does not guarantee you evalasting life . Doing the will of God as stipulated in his word to us, believing in him and accepting the one he sent to save us , his directives and his ransome sacrifice will.
The questions you should now ask urself are : jesus said that their is an organization that will give spiritual food at the right time to his followers after he has gone to heaven , that will care for them and guide them, that will follow his ways , that it and his members will show its fruitage of the holy spirit, that will not be part of these world or exhibit its spirit, do you know of any organization that strife to follow the above statements ? Do you know of any organization that try to display such fruitages of the holy spirit, do you know of any organizations that strive not to be part of the worlds political system? Do you know of any organization that preach the word from door to door and homes to homes like jesus did . Do you know of any organizations where its members prefer to die than even learn how to kill others?
Do you know of an organization where you dnt receive any financial reward for being a shephered in any capacity in the congregation? Do you know of any organization that combine all the aforementioned attributes ?

On 2. Who is a Christian , a worshiper of jesus or a follower of jesus teachings, ways and commandments.
What are jesus teachings , direct statements about who we must worship? .who did jesus call his God and his followers God, who did jesus say sent him , who's persons name did jesus want declared by his followers.?
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 2:41pm On May 08, 2015
1) Next time you want to make my word to appear in your post make sure it appears in QUOTE if not I won't reply your post.
2) I can't reply this your epistle so I've copied out the part I want.

dolphinheart:
Pls pls pls, let us refrain from abusive or derogatory words, pls ehn.

Where did I use an abusive or derogatory words?

Thus I believe you mean that the name of God in english language is "yaweh" so according to you, english speakers should use "yaweh" instead of "jehovah" as its the more accurate english translation of the name of God in hebrew. Why the derogatory statement?

I don't understand the use of DEROGATORY by you in this post...
Your first mistake is even to think that JEHOVAH is an English word, can you show me where any Scholar ever says Jehovah is an English word?

So by the above statement , I believe you mean or are trying to say that [size=14pt]the english language does not have a correct(accurate) name of God and must revert back to other languages and use other language(s) name of God to mention the name of God in english. I might be wrong o! That is if "yaweh "is an english language name of God .(I'm not that scholary)

@bold-the first part is correct but the @underline is wrong both JEHOVAH and YAHWEH are still Hebrew.
You repeated this mistake again here, Jehovah itself isn't an ENGLISH WORD, if you think I'm wrong show me just ONE SCHOLAR who agree with you that JEHOVAH is an English word.

I feel that if the english name of God "jehovah " is innacurate and should be discarded based on your explanation of the innacurate derivation of/from the root word , then you should also champion the cause that all names in the english bible that have root issues too should be discarded, abi no be so?.

I've addressed this in my previous post.

I asked ,"Does the english translation (s) u use add the word "jehovah" to its translations? Just want a yes or no answer pls."

The question above no need scholary answer, a simple "yes the versions I use have the name jehovah in it" or "no the versions I use does not have the name jehovah in it " or " some do and some dnt " would be ok.
I no ask "why its there" or "why its not there" or "who made it to be there" so pls can you answer the question?

Please and please for the goodness of God, after I post this last statement on this YOUR QUESTION and you still ask me this again...be ready to receive anything that comes from me.

Webster’s Third New International Dictionary: "‘Jehovah.’ Intended as a transliteration of Hebrew YAHWEH, the vowel points of Hebrew ADHONAY (my Lord) [b]being erroneously substituted for those of YAHWEH;
from the fact that in some Hebrew manuscripts the vowel points of ADHONAY (used as a euphemism [less direct style of writing] for YAHWEH) were written under the consonants YHWH or YAHWEH to indicate that ADHONAY was to be substituted in oral reading for YAHWEH. [size=14pt]Jehovah is a Christian transliteration of the Tetragrammaton long assumed by many Christians to be the authentic[/size] reproduction of the Hebrew sacred name for God [size=14pt]but now recognized to be a late hybrid form never used by the Jews."[/size]

I use KJV, but Scholars have criticized the usage of Jehovah in KJV.

What do you want again after my answers to your JUST ONE QUESTION?

Sir if "jah " is the "yah " in "yaweh" then how do we pronounce it in english.

Do you want me to provide the Audio of it?

In the english language the letter "j" is pronounced differently from the letter "y" .
If you write/spell "jar" in english ,the pronounciation is different from when you write/spell "yar " in english . So pls , how should we pronounce the english word "yaweh" and how does jah being the first part of it come in during pronounciation in english.?
What I'm really asking is that should I pronounce the first letter "y" in the english word "yaweh" as I will pronounce the first letter "y" in other english words such as year, yard or yes? If no , y?

I thought it was a mistake until I discovered that it was a deliberate act for using YAWEH instead of YAHWEH.
You still mistaking by saying ENGLISH WORD.
So what is wrong if you pronounce letter Y and J the way English man use them?

You said God has other names, I asked to give us those other names , you directed me to bible verses with an indication that God other names are stated there . You did not categoricaly tell me or commit urself to [size=14pt]directly state that God other names are so so and so.[/size]
Hence I asked the question that in ur view (are you telling me) that Gods other personal names are "repurchaser" and "holy"? Pls answer and do not throw the question back at me

@bold-if I did not do that, how can you emphasis on the two words REPURCHASER and HOLY?
God's name is REPURCHASER and HOLY, am I lying?

I now went further to state that in case you believe that Gods other personal names are "repurchaser" and holy" , with your prove based on the scriptures u qouted , [size=14pt]then why does other translations say otherwise.? this you have refused to answer,[/size] all you have done is to questions my questions.
In that verse where you brought out the word " repurchaser" as the personal name of God [size=14pt]I read several other versions where the word "repurchaser" is not there,[/size] I qouted those translations for you to see and comment on, but all you did is to question me back and not explain why does translations do not conform to ur view or mention that name as the name as the name of God .this I found disturbing.

Do you know your problem, when your own VERSION which you upheld above other VERSIONS is being used against you the next thing is to revert back to those UNSUPPORTED versions. If some versions you quoted don't have the word REPURCHASHER and NWT have it who is right? This is the line I want you to reason with.
Beside those versions also do they not have the word HOLY in the other verse I quoted?

If the other name of God is repurchaser , why dnt all the scriptures state thus in english, why do they use other english words .
By the way, in those verses you qouted, what is the original hebrew or greek word?

Do you mean NWT made a MISTAKE for using the ENGLISH WORD REPURCHASER and the other version that don't have it do they render that verse MORE ACCURATELY than NWT?

On the issue of mordern english translations and the use of the word jehovah .

Sir , I asked you previously why the name "jehovah" is now occurring more and more in english translations of the bible. This questions implies that as new translations come up, new revisions are being made , the name jehovah keep coming up in them , despite ur claim that scholars say it is wrong /innacurate. I can't be refering to only older translations when the words "now" and "more and more " occur in my question. So therefore I was refering to all translations and not just the older translations .(if I'm wrong , pls tell me what you understand my question to be, as I believe that you must understand a question before you can answer it)

I answered your question the way I understood it, didn't I?

Hence ,On April 29 , by 3:29 PM you answered the question by saying " You can only find it in the oldest translation."

Your statement was not "you can find it in the oldest translations". So pls stop the twisting.

So I twist it even when I re-quoted what I initially said...

With the original statement you made , one can't but help deduce that you are saying that one can only find the word "jehovah "in older translations and not in later (mordern) or future translations.(if I'm wrong about my understanding of ur answer, pls explain what you meant by "you can only find it in older translations"wink

To be sure about what you meant with that statement , I decided to ask other questions and ur later answers went contrary to ur initial statement .
This now prompted me to ask a categorical and simple question ,that, is the name "jehovah" included in mordern english translations of the bible ? In which I expect a simple answer of yes, no or I dnt know.
This answer you have not giving in ur reply , pls give us a simple answer.

If you feel you omitted the word "most" in ur statement" , pls feel free to add it anywhere in ur original statement and let's see how it goes sir. Ill be waiting for the addition.

No time to waste...this is what I first said you can only find it in older translations while inserting the omitted word 'MOST' you will have you can only find it [u]MOST
in older translations

Do you clear?

You claim that I lie when I said that I "thought you said" something about mordern translations. I will only reply you when you can prove to me that my thoughts are wrong as to the meaning of ur statements on bible translations and the word "jehovah"

Does MODERN appear in your first question? If yes show me. If No, why must you say YOU THOUGHT since I answer your question directly?

You said my organization lied about scholars . My question to you is that , do all the scholars agree 100 % with ur postulations ? Is there a categorical statement accepted and agreed to by all the scholars that jehovahs witnesses now lie about?

You never know, ask yourself why did your organization remove the booklet SHOULD YOU BELIEVE IN TRINITY? if not the lies against early Father and Scholars. I will still create a thread about that don't worry.

[size=14pt]I asked about the old and mordern english Translation of the entire bible[/size] which ur claim the use of the name jehovah is wrong/innacurate . That's what our discussion is based on and not on a translator translation of a part of the bible. Let's not change the scope of our discussion.

@bold-show me where you made distinction about OLD and MODERN TRANSLATION in your previous post.

The statement "Even when translating quotations from the Hebrew Scriptures in which the
Tetragrammaton appears, most translators use “Lord” rather than God’s personal name" is true. Most do not use "jehovah". But my question is , do some old and mordern translators ever use the word jehovah in some places where the tetragrammaton exist in the bible ?
Has there been an increase or reduction in the number of bible translations that mentioned the word "jehovah"?

Now you said "most do not use JEHOVAH" that means SOME do. Then how come NWT is bragging about restoring the Divine name whereas SOME TRANSLATION even before the production of NWT has used this name?

As to ur question on the martinis inspiration , ill humbly tell you again, oga I no know.

So you don't know that THE FIRST PERSON WHO WILL EVER TRY TO USE THE DIVINE NAME OF GOD after long century out of usage was inspired, whether you like it or not the usage of the DIVINE NAME OF GOD by Martini has only two options: It's either is from God or from the Devil. Which one do you chose?

Pls be sincere, when the statement "it's
the Holyspirit who chooses the
person" was made , was he referring to martinis inspiration or to how we can't know who will be ressurected. Pls add prove.

Sorry to ask this, do you know who you're dealing with (I mean myself) because you think I was just making false accusation against someone.
Now pay attention to what lead to this your question and tell me the KIND OF PERSON YOU ARE.

This is what I wrote (NOTICE THE BOLD part because that's where the whole thing lies.) "You should know, [size=14pt]because the person who FORMED that name which is now the main pillar of your organization must have received it by revelation and his work must have made him to be part of the holy ones and little flocks.[/size]

His reply was (NOTICE also that he emphasized on the bold part) @bold section, That is your own conclusion not that of JW. then he went further to say The Holy Spirit NOT JW choose those that are part of the Holy ones/Little flock (Romans 8:16). If you knew JW well, you would know this already.

Now tell me what is the essence of saying I should be sincere?

Is being a founder an automatic ticket into Gods kingdom? If not, y do u keep hammering on Mr Russell.

Was Russell directed throughout his deal with Jehovah while on earth?
At least for someone to found an organization that is the MOUTH PIECE of God, God must have used the person beyond any other person.
Or since you're not sure let's just conclude that Russell won't be among the Holy one/Little flock.

he is just a man like me running his race to gain evalasting life.

But he has more anointing than you nah..

If he finish the race rightly, I dnt know as I was not there , and neither could I know his heart condition.

This means also that you're not sure of your own salvation since you're following the doctrines that was laid down by him because if he claimed that all what he taught (even though nothing Watchtower teaches that is new in history) is from God and he FOLLOWED HIS OWN TEACHING then there shouldn't be any doubt that you're saying now. It's just like saying the Apostles were not saved.

A jehovahs witness will tell you what God said you need to do to gain salvation and that you have to do it till the end.

Are you saying Russell didn't do them even to the END?

Jehovahs witnesses can't categorically say you did it to the end, even if they know some of the things you did, cus some parts of the things you need to do or have done can only be known between you and ur creator.

So this still stands that since they don't know then it means many people who profess Christian can also be part of the HOLY ONE/LITTLE FLOCK.

On the problem you say arose.
I do not see this as a problem
If you want to be a servant of jehovah and [size=14pt]believe that he is the only true God you must worship,[/size] then you must be his witness and be ready and willing to declare his name far and wide.

@bold-I can see the reason why you're not sure that Russell will be part of the Holy one/Little flock because Russell is a polytheist he worshiped the only true God and Jesus together which also means no Jehovah witness will be part of this Holy one/Little flock since the teaching of worshiping Jesus was change in 1950's after being taught for good 45years.
SEE THE PICTURE BELOW (also notice the LOGO of that CROSS): It was CHRIST name that early JWs declared far and wide not until March 1, 1939.
So which means no early JWs actually did what God wants.

This jesus did and want us to do, the making of jehovah name known world wide . So if you dnt preach the word of God ,(doing it according to jesus directive), going out to meet people in their homes and on the streets from location to location ,to discuss with them Gods word as jesus as the apostles did,(unless you are incapable of doing such due to contraints and issues beyond ur control) then you are not a true Christian.

That means the early JWs are not TRUE CHRISTIANS based on the evidence.

The books , magazines printed are aids to study of the bible and bible understanding, it contains scriptural reminders, warnings and advice that aid you to decipher satans snares and his attempts at not letting u know or understand the truth.
[size=14pt]If you like read all the books , magazines, etc . It does not guarantee you evalasting life. If you like read the bible from A-Z, it does not guarantee you evalasting life. Doing the will of God as stipulated in his word to us, believing in him and accepting the one he sent to save us , his directives and his ransome sacrifice will.[/size]

I so much love that bold section, how are you sure that OTHER CHRISTIANS organization are not doing what you listed above?
Do you think Russell didn't do all these either?

The questions you should now ask urself are : [size=14pt]jesus said that their is an organization[/size] that will give spiritual food at the right time to his followers after he has gone to heaven , that will care for them and guide them, that will follow his ways , that it and his members will show its fruitage of the holy spirit, that will not be part of these world or exhibit its spirit, do you know of any organization that strife to follow the above statements ? Do you know of any organization that try to display such fruitages of the holy spirit, do you know of any organizations that strive not to be part of the worlds political system? Do you know of any organization that preach the word from door to door and homes to homes like jesus did . Do you know of any organizations where its members prefer to die than even learn how to kill others?
Do you know of an organization where you dnt receive any financial reward for being a shephered in any capacity in the congregation? Do you know of any organization that combine all the aforementioned attributes?

Please KINDLY QUOTE WHERE JESUS MADE THAT STATEMENT FOR ME IN THE BIBLE.
Yet all these are to exalt WATCHTOWER as the TRUE congregation and the over one thousand other Christian congregation as false.

On 2. Who is a Christian , [size=14pt]a worshiper of jesus or a follower of jesus teachings, ways and commandments.[/size]
What are jesus teachings , direct statements about who we must worship? .who did jesus call his God and his followers God, who did jesus say sent him , [size=14pt]who's persons name did jesus want declared by his followers.?[/size]

@bold section 1-So that means Russell, early JWs and the early Christians are not true Christians.
@bold section 2-Can you give me a single place in the BIBLE where Jesus and the Apostle ever ADDRESSED GOD as Jehovah and where the Apostle ever Witness of Jehovah?

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by dolphinheart(m): 9:40pm On May 08, 2015
@ emusan , it was nice discussing with you . In the future, ill try and ask questions from those who will answer .
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 10:14pm On May 08, 2015
dolphinheart:
@ emusan , it was nice discussing with you . In the future, [size=14pt]ill try and ask questions from those who will answer.[/size]

I can't stop laughing ooo grin grin grin grin

See escapeeee like the way your brethren normal do after undeniable facts have been presented to them.

Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Nobody: 11:17am On May 09, 2015
dolphinheart:
@ emusan , it was nice discussing with you . In the future, ill try and ask questions from those who will answer .

Fine one. Until he starts to pronounce Isaiah, Jesus , Jeremiah etc the way the Jews do, don't take him serious.

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 7:30pm On May 09, 2015
JMAN05:
Fine one. [size=14pt]Until he starts to pronounce Isaiah, Jesus , Jeremiah etc the way the Jews do,[/size] don't take him serious.

The bold section especially THE UNDERLINE is where you miss the point of this thread, this is the same mistake you made above contrasting Y & J which I didn't bother to reply you because you didn't refer to me in your post.

Let me help you this time around, I'm not talking about the alphabet (Y & J) that appear in the name nor HOW JEWS PRONOUNCE the the Divine name the main point here is [size=14pt]the FORMULATION OF THE WORD THAT ENGLISH TRANSLATORS ADOPTED.[/size] When Martini formulated the one English adapted to today, he WRONGLY substituted the vowel of ADHONAY for 'YHWH to get YEHOWAH which rendered the word useless and having NO FORM EVER USED BY THE JEWS.

SO THE POINT HERE IS WRONG FORMULATION OF JEHOVAH.

Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary: "Jehovah is a [size=14pt]false reading[/size] of the Hebrew YAHWEH."

New Catholic Encyclopedia: "Jehovah is a [size=14pt]false form[/size] of the divine name YAHWEH."

Webster’s Third New International Dictionary: "‘Jehovah.’ Intended as a transliteration of Hebrew YAHWEH, the vowel points of Hebrew ADHONAY (my Lord) being erroneously substituted for those of YAHWEH; from the fact that in some Hebrew manuscripts the vowel points of ADHONAY (used as a euphemism [less direct style of writing] for YAHWEH) were written under the consonants YHWH or YAHWEH to indicate that ADHONAY was to be substituted in oral reading for YAHWEH. Jehovah is a Christian transliteration of the Tetragrammaton long assumed by many Christians to be the authentic reproduction of the Hebrew sacred name for God [size=14pt]but now recognized to be a late hybrid form never used by the Jews."[/size]

The Universal Jewish Encyclopedia: "Jehovah is an erroneous pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton, or four-lettered name of God made up of the Hebrew letters YHWH. [size=14pt]The word ‘Jehovah’ therefore is a misreading for which there is no warrant and which makes no sense in Hebrew."[/size]

The funny part of it is that your organization knew this but still promote the usage of JEHOVAH just because people's familiarities with it, what an organization!

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by dolphinheart(m): 9:15pm On May 09, 2015
JMAN05:

Fine one. Until he starts to pronounce Isaiah, Jesus , Jeremiah etc the way the Jews do, don't take him serious.

You re right .
Had to run and flee too when I saw humility and straight forwardness leave the discussion table. The cup of endless un-stopable laughter is not what I want from a discussion , so ill gladly let anyone have it .
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 10:17pm On May 09, 2015
dolphinheart:

You re right .
[size=14pt]Had to run and flee too[/size] when I saw humility and straight forwardness leave the discussion table. The cup of endless un-stopable laughter is not what I want from a discussion , so ill gladly let anyone have it .

You simply ran because nothing in my post you can refute. The saying "Jehovah witnesses know the truth but they decided to live in deceit is true."

I'm still waiting for you to tell me who are the True Christians, remember your statement "Who is a Christian , a worshiper of Jesus or a follower of Jesus teachings, ways and commandments.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Share Your Testimony Of Year 2019 / Is This The Future? (photos) / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 230
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.