Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,552 members, 7,812,763 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! (14939 Views)

Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked / Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness / I Went To A Jehovah Witness Church! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by dolphinheart(m): 9:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
This thread is just a bad attempt at discrediting jehovahs name.

I say again , unless u state that jehovah is not the name of the almighty God , then stop what you are doing.
Are you saying using the name "jehovah" is fake?
Are you saying using the name "jehovah" in reference to the almighty is wrong ?

Pls believe in ur heart that jehovah is the almighty God, and out of his love for mankind he sent his only begoten son , his first creation to ransom us back to God. So that everyone exercising faith in this ransome sacrifice might have evalasting life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by CAPTIVATOR: 11:03pm On Apr 09, 2015
Emusan:

You're wrong Joel is a prophecy that people will call on the name of God.

But you agree that the context of Romans is SPEAKING ABOUT THE SON which means it's the SON that we will now call upon which is just another way of saying Jesus is Jehovah according to that verse.

The word 'OTHER' doesn't appear in that verse it was translators insertion.
So the name will are given to call UPON IS JESUS CHRIST, do you call on this name as the early Christians do?

You've shot yourself in the leg @bolded, so if true Christians CALL ON THE NAME OF THE SON, Jesus! which is true according to the scriptures why your organization says we are not to pray to Jesus?

Maybe you will tell us that CALL ON THE NAME OF JESUS IS NOT THE SAME AS PRAYING TO HIM, then I will ask what does it mean when people CALL ON THE NAME OF JEHOVAH?

If this is true, have you called on THE NAME OF THE SON as early Christians did for you to be saved?

See the logic behind Romans 10:13;
*Everyone will call on the name of Jehovah Joel 2:32
*The WHOLE CONTEXT OF Romans 10 is ABOUT THE SON in reference to Joel 2:32
*Then, The Son is the one WHO EVERYONE will CALL ON.

JOHN 17:3
You dont even know what it means to call on the Name of the only true God , Jehovah ( Zeph 3:9) AND the one whom he sent Jesus ( Act 4:12) .

LISTEN

Calling On Jesus name is not all about screamin Jesus , Jesus , Lord Jesus everywhere . Just one scripture

" Not everyone saying to me ' Lord, Lord', will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens , but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will"

"many will say to me on that day: Lord , Lord , did we not prophesy in your NAME, and expel demons in your NAME, and perform many powerful work in your NAME? "

" And then I will declare to them: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness! " - Matt 7:21-23

Those who truly call on Jesus as their Lord are those doing the will of his FATHER . Even Jesus seek not his own will but the will of the Father .

2 Likes

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by johnw74: 2:48am On Apr 10, 2015
YHVH or YHWH is God's name, other letters need to be added, popular pronunciations are:
YHOVAH
YAHOVAH
YAHWEH
JEHOVAH
It is the name of Father God.
mighty God, and Almighty God are titles attritubuted to Him.
mighty God is also attributed to the Word Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by RikoduoSennin(m): 9:33am On Apr 10, 2015
Q: WHAT IS THE DIVINE NAME?

A: In the Original Manuscript, the Tetragrammaton exist- "YHWH" with no vowels in between THE ORIGINAL pronunciation was lost. the addition of vowels a and e is from speculation. What is important is the USE OF THE WIDE ACCEPTED NAME for God. YHWH is an abbreviation just like LTD is an abbreviation.

Because of the Closeness "Yahweh" has to the Tetragrammaton- YHWH, many persons believe it to be CLOSER TO THE ORIGINAL PRONUCIATION.

Q: Does it really Matter how close the form of Divine Name is to the original pronunciation?

A: No. Jesus' family and friends MAY have refered to him in their day to day conversation as Yeshua or Yehoshua. Whatever the actual pronunciation was, it was not 'Jesus'. However, when the accounts of his life was written in GREEK[b] his disciples did not retain its hebrew form, not its actual spelling but they TRANSLATE the meaning of the original to its equivalent in Greek (Iesous)[/b] Today it is rendered differently according to the language of the reader of the Bible eg Spanish Bible readers encounter Jesus PRONOUNCED HESSOOS, Italians spell it Gesu and pronounced Djayzoo.

So should we discourage the Spanish and italian bible readers from using the spelling and pronunciation that suit them because it is from from the spelling and pronunciation of Yahweh? No, as long as the various form is easily identified as talking about the same person (Jesus).

Q: What will happen to other bible names in an English bible, if the Divine Name retains its Hebrew form?

A: Then Bible names like Jesus,Jeremiah, Isaiah, Jehu, Hezekiah, Joash, Joshua, Jeroboam, Jehoshapath, Rehoboam etc, Many hebrew names derived from The divine name will change and they won't be as many of them know them today.

Q: Is Jehovah a wrong equivalent of the Divine Name?

A: No. Many English translations use it not just NWT. Many Language translation translate from this form into their native language, hence Jehovah is a widely accepted form of the Divine name.

Q: What Happened to the Divine Name through the ages?

A: THEY banned the use of God's name, they remove it from the Bible (eg Latin Vulgate 2 Century by Jerome), they replace it with titles such as Lord, God etc. But God's name came back into use by 1278 in Dagger of Faith by Raymundus Martini who used the SPELLING - YOHOUA. Another write used Iohouah,Iohoua,Ihouah in 1303, in 1518 another wrote Iehoua as the Divine name. The name first appear in an English bible in the year 1530 when William Tyndale use Iehouah in several verses.

Later the use of the word "Jah" became common hence the Final English form Jehovah.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hebrew Yeshua-- Greek Iesus--- English Jesus

Hebrew Yahweh--Greek ? ? ? ---- English Jehovah

2 Likes

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 10:06am On Apr 10, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:
Let me educate you, Yahweh itself is not the corect pronounciation and spelling ! The original pronounciation has been lost . THAT ENOUGH RENDER UR ARGUMENT BASELESS

So if YAHWEH not the CORRECT pronunciation then NWT is lying it says "RESTORE the DIVINE NAME to its rightful place in the English text."

Sorry to dissapoint you about the Origin, that spanish monk never EVER pronounce the name "Jehovah" , [size=14pt]he only used a word from which it was derived[/size]

Disappoint me undecided So the word he FORMULATED is it not the ROOT word where Jehovah was derived? Are you saying Jehovah is now different from the word he formulated?

While [size=14pt]Hebrew scholars admit "Yahweh" to be close to original hebrew language, All language are not the same. An english man parallelism is "Jehovah"[/size] .... While a Cantonese man wil say " Yehwowah" , Someone of Awabakal origin will say " Yehoa" , An Italian Will Say " Geova" ! So also a Japanese will say " Ehoba".

Now that Hebrew scholars admitted that YAHWEH is closer to ORIGINAL Hebrew language and the WORD where Jehovah was derived from never has any FORM IN HEBREW and JWs knew about this, HAS JWS RESTORED THE DIVINE NAME?
Jehovah is not the ENGLISH PARALLELISM of the Hebrew YHWH which is the point here.

While reading Japanese and such ones pronounce " Ehoba" and not Yahweh .... Does it mean he is wrong ? Who even know how they pronounce and spell Isaiah in their language ?

I dont know when u will start understanding this simple truth

The truth you people are avoiding is that the name Jehovah has been wrongly used WHICH JWs KNEW ABOUT but purposely chose it because PEOPLE'S FAMILIARITY WITH IT yet they claimed they have RESTORED THE DIVINE NAME.

Lastly, we are not saying everybody should be using the name YAHWEH as it is in Hebrew but the name which all languages will be derived and pronouncing MUST come from YAHWEH which is more closer to the ORIGINAL NAME.

As it is now, the word where Jehovah was derived from NEVER has any form or CLOSE to the ORIGINAL name which you and your organization knew about that YAHWEH is more closer to ORIGINAL HEBREW than from the WORD formed by a Catholic monk-Raymundus Martini in Latin where Jehovah was derived in English.

TRUE or FALSE?

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 10:27am On Apr 10, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:
JOHN 17:3
You dont even know what it means to call on the Name of the only true God , Jehovah ( Zeph 3:9) AND the one whom he sent Jesus ( Act 4:12).

So the way you call on the name Jehovah is now different from the way you call on Jesus' name. See lie from the pit of hell.

Please the verse in reference here is Romans 10:13 "And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved" this verse is talking about the Son FOR SALVATION.

LISTEN
Calling On Jesus name is not all about screamin Jesus , Jesus , Lord Jesus everywhere . Just one scripture

" Not everyone saying to me ' Lord, Lord', will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will"

When you can't listen to yourself.

The point is which NAME are will to call on FOR US TO BE SAVED?

So you know this and you still say that we can't pray to Jesus. Keep them coming.

"many will say to me on that day: Lord , Lord , did we not prophesy in your NAME, and expel demons in your NAME, and perform many powerful work in your NAME?"

So which NAME GIVEN under heaven for us to call on? because from here everything is done in the NAME of Jesus.

"And then I will declare to them: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness! " - Matt 7:21-23

Those who truly call on Jesus as their Lord are those doing the will of his FATHER . Even Jesus seek not his own will but the will of the Father.

Imaging calling on the NAME of Jesus is doing the Father's will whereas calling on the name Jehovah means praying to Him.

Just listen to yourself the way you're twisting the scripture.

Stephen while was stoning to death called on the name of Jesus, does it mean Stephen is doing the will of the Father at that time?

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 10:40am On Apr 10, 2015
dolphinheart:
This thread is just a bad attempt at discrediting jehovahs name. I say again , unless u state that jehovah is not the name of the almighty God , then stop what you are doing.
Are you saying using the name "jehovah" is fake?
Are you saying using the name "jehovah" in reference to the almighty is wrong ?

Read and read my post here if you're confused or don't know what the thread is all about.

Pls believe in ur heart that jehovah is the almighty God, and out of his love for mankind he sent his only begoten son , his first creation to ransom us back to God.

@bold-that's what your organization has made you to believe.

So that everyone exercising faith in this ransome sacrifice might have evalasting life.

If this is true then your organization is on the wrong side for saying only people belong to Watchtower Society will live forever on earth.

The word where NWT rendered as EXERCISING FAITH is from the Greek word [i]pisteuo, pist-yoo'-o;[i] from 4102; to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), i.e. credit; by impl. to entrust (espec. one's spiritual well-being to Christ): ­ believe (-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.

Please do you ENTRUST your SPIRITUAL WELL-BEING to Jesus Christ?

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by CAPTIVATOR: 12:30pm On Apr 10, 2015
Emusan:

So if YAHWEH not the CORRECT pronunciation then NWT is lying it says "RESTORE the DIVINE NAME to its rightful place in the English text."

Disappoint me undecided So the word he FORMULATED is it not the ROOT word where Jehovah was derived? Are you saying Jehovah is now different from the word he formulated?

Now that Hebrew scholars admitted that YAHWEH is closer to ORIGINAL Hebrew language and the WORD where Jehovah was derived from never has any FORM IN HEBREW and JWs knew about this, HAS JWS RESTORED THE DIVINE NAME?
Jehovah is not the ENGLISH PARALLELISM of the Hebrew YHWH which is the point here.

The truth you people are avoiding is that the name Jehovah has been wrongly used WHICH JWs KNEW ABOUT but purposely chose it because PEOPLE'S FAMILIARITY WITH IT yet they claimed they have RESTORED THE DIVINE NAME.

Lastly, we are not saying everybody should be using the name YAHWEH as it is in Hebrew but the name which all languages will be derived and pronouncing MUST come from YAHWEH which is more closer to the ORIGINAL NAME.

As it is now, the word where Jehovah was derived from NEVER has any form or CLOSE to the ORIGINAL name which you and your organization knew about that YAHWEH is more closer to ORIGINAL HEBREW than from the WORD formed by a Catholic monk-Raymundus Martini in Latin where Jehovah was derived in English.

TRUE or FALSE?

Am laughing at your write-up in chinese ..... I will take you serious when you are able to prove that the words we are familiar with such as " Isaiah" and " Jeremiah" has any form Whatsoever with the pronounciation and spelling in the original hebrew !
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 12:56pm On Apr 10, 2015
This is the lie Watchtower will continue to feed you people without even looking at the key point of what they are saying, let's look at the content of what you posted.

RikoduoSennin:
Q: WHAT IS THE DIVINE NAME?
A: In the Original Manuscript, the Tetragrammaton exist- "YHWH" with no vowels in between THE ORIGINAL pronunciation was lost. [size=14pt]the addition of vowels a and e is from speculation[/size] What is important is the USE OF THE WIDE ACCEPTED NAME for God. YHWH is an abbreviation just like LTD is an abbreviation.

And you believe this JWs have RESTORED THE ORIGINAL NAME, isn't it?

[size=14pt]Because of the Closeness "Yahweh" has to the Tetragrammaton- YHWH, many persons believe it to be CLOSER TO THE ORIGINAL PRONUCIATION.[/size]

This is where the problem lies, SO YAHWEH is more closed to YHWH than the one JWs finally chosen yet they claimed they have RESTORED THE DIVINE NAME.

Q: Does it really Matter how close the form of Divine Name is to the original pronunciation?
A: No. Jesus' family and friends MAY have refered to him in their day to day conversation as Yeshua or Yehoshua. Whatever the actual pronunciation was, it was not 'Jesus'. However, when the accounts of his life was written in GREEK [size=14pt]his disciples did not retain its hebrew form, not its actual spelling but they TRANSLATE the meaning of the original to its equivalent in Greek (Iesous)[/size] Today it is rendered differently according to the language of the reader of the Bible eg Spanish Bible readers encounter Jesus PRONOUNCED HESSOOS, Italians spell it Gesu and pronounced Djayzoo.

Imaging now it doesn't matter if the form never close to the ORIGINAL NAME, SMH and you can swallow this pure lie.
Which means anybody can just wake up called God any name they like.

I ENLARGE those part so that you can decipher how it poses a BIG PROBLEM to Watchtower.
@color-it's cleared that TRANSLATION doesn't base on SPELLING but EQUIVALENT WORD IN THE ORIGINAL LANGUAGE.

Basically, the English name Jesus is EQUIVALENT to the original language Greek and in Greek Iesous is EQUIVALENT to Yehoshua in Hebrew but different spelling.
Now Jehovah in English translated from LATIN is NOT EQUIVALENT to the ORIGINAL LANGUAGE, Hebrew but YAHWEH is EQUIVALENT to Hebrew which JWs knew about but still went ahead to use JEHOVAH just because "...people's familiarity with it" (from their OWN mouth) YET they still claimed THEY HAVE RESTORED THE DIVINE NAME, how absurd it that?

So should we discourage the Spanish and italian bible readers from using the spelling and pronunciation that suit them because it is from from the spelling and pronunciation of Yahweh? No, as long as the various form is easily identified as talking about the same person(Jesus).

What you failed to know even from your own post is that Jesus in English is EQUIVALENT to the ORIGINAL LANGUAGE from which it was derived--Greek and Greek Iesous also EQUIVALENT to the Hebrew word Yehoshua but JEHOVAH in English is from the LATIN word FORMULATED BY a Catholic monk-Raymundus Martini which DOES NOT EQUIVALENT to ORIGINAL LANGUAGE Hebrew.

Can you see that you're confusing fact with lie?

Q: What will happen to other bible names in an English bible, if the Divine Name retains its Hebrew form?

A: Then Bible names like Jesus,Jeremiah, Isaiah, Jehu, Hezekiah, Joash, Joshua, Jeroboam, Jehoshapath, Rehoboam etc, Many hebrew names derived from The divine name will change and they won't be as many of them know them today.

So which one is better to retain the any form this name will come out with or continue to use the wrong name.
MIND you these names are EQUIVALENT TO THEIR ORIGINAL LANGUAGES but Jehovah is never EQUIVALENT.
SINCE JWs know that YAHWEH is more closed to the ORIGINAL LANGUAGE why can't they use it INSTEAD OF FOLLOWING THE TRADITION OF MEN after they claimed they want to restore the Divine name?

Q: Is Jehovah a wrong equivalent of the Divine Name?

A: No. Many English translations use it not just NWT. Many Language translation translate from this form into their native language, hence Jehovah is a widely accepted form of the Divine name.

Jehovah is WRONG EQUIVALENT of the DIVINE NAME which JWs themselves know which is boldly written in the OP

Q: What Happened to the Divine Name through the ages?

A: THEY banned the use of God's name, they remove it from the Bible (eg Latin Vulgate 2 Century by Jerome), they replace it with titles such as Lord, God etc. But God's name came back into use by 1278 in Dagger of Faith by Raymundus Martini who used the SPELLING - YOHOUA. Another write used Iohouah,Iohoua,Ihouah in 1303, in 1518 another wrote Iehoua as the Divine name. The name first appear in an English bible in the year 1530 when William Tyndale use Iehouah in several verses.

Later the use of the word "Jah" became common hence the Final English form Jehovah.

Beautiful I love this but you couldn't tell yourself the truth by asking simple question which is, does Jehovah EQUIVALENT to the ORIGINAL LANGUAGE in which the DIVINE NAME first appear? because Raymundus Martini ONLY USED the SPELLING and not the EQUIVALENT word remember it is from this the English name Jehovah was derived. Can you now see the reason why YAHWEH is more closed than Jehovah?

Now that JWs knew this, why can't they used the better one instead of holding unto the wrong one since they want to RESTORE the DIVINE NAME?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hebrew Yeshua-- Greek Iesus--- English Jesus

Hebrew Yahweh--Greek ? ? ? ---- English Jehovah

Mind you Jehovah in English which was derived from the Latin word FORMULATED by Raymundus Martini DOES NOT have any FORM IN HEBREW which is the ORIGINAL LANGUAGE the Divine name first appeared.

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by CAPTIVATOR: 12:59pm On Apr 10, 2015
Emusan:

So the way you call on the name Jehovah is now different from the way you call on Jesus' name. See lie from the pit of hell.

Please the verse in reference here is Romans 10:13 "And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved" this verse is talking about the Son FOR SALVATION.

When you can't listen to yourself.

The point is which NAME are will to call on FOR US TO BE SAVED?

So you know this and you still say that we can't pray to Jesus. Keep them coming.

So which NAME GIVEN under heaven for us to call on? because from here everything is done in the NAME of Jesus.

Imaging calling on the NAME of Jesus is doing the Father's will whereas calling on the name Jehovah means praying to Him.

Just listen to yourself the way you're twisting the scripture.

Stephen while was stoning to death called on the name of Jesus, does it mean Stephen is doing the will of the Father at that time?

Apostle PAUL CALL Upon (epikaleo) Ceaser , was he praying to him or making appeal ? Act 25:11

Using same greek word /epikaleo/ in Act 7:59, Stephen also made an appeal to Jesus NOT deliberately but was prompted by the vision he saw which even makes it clear that the son of man stands at the right hand of Jehovah God in heaven .

In verse 60 ... He bend his knees and direct his prayer to Jehovah, God of Jesus ! Ur problem is that u always think Lord always refer to Jesus whereas JESUS TEACH US THAT HIS FATHER HIS ALSO "LORD" ( Matt 11:25 ) , we follow the footstep of Stephen and Jesus model prayer matt 6:9, " I bend my knees to the Father" Eph 3:14
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 1:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:
Apostle PAUL CALL ON Ceaser , was he praying to him or making appeal ? Act 25:11

Everyone understood the content of Paul's statement only people like you will twist it.

Using same greek word /epikaleo/ Stephen also made [size=14pt]an appeal to Jesus NOT deliberately but was prompted by the vision he saw[/size] which even makes it clear that the son of man stands at the right hand of Jehovah God in heaven.

@bold-evidence is there that you know the truth but just decided to bend it, how can a true believer MISTAKENLY call another name instead of the name Jehovah? In fact this is enough to show people that you're agent of darkness because we were told that Stephen was FULL WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT before that incident, so you mean HOLY SPIRIT confuse Stephen to do the WRONG THING

So why did Stephen change from calling upon God to Lord Jesus when he already saw Jehovah?

This verse is reach enough to show true believers that Jesus was PRAYED TO "And they stoned Stephen, [size=14pt]calling upon God,[/size] and saying, [size=14pt]Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.[/size]

Stephen first called ON GOD then the writer shows who he called on as Lord Jesus when the writer wrote AND SAYING, Lord Jesus...

In verse 60 ... He bend his knees and direct his prayer to Jehovah, God of Jesus ! Ur problem is that u always think Lord always refer to Jesus whereas JESUS TEACH US THAT HIS FATHER HIS ALSO "LORD" ( Matt 11:25 ) , we follow the footstep of Stephen and Jesus model prayer matt 6:9, " I bend my knees to the Father" Eph 3:14

LOL...Stephen has already made that statement before he bends his knee, read clearly next time before you say thing.

We are not talking about LORD here mr man.

Like I explained to your brother earlier:

Look at what your organization says here:
1. "There are verses in the Hebrew Scriptures about Jehovah: which means Jehovah is the one function in those verse.
2. that are quoted in the "New Testament": Why will the NT writers quote them? the answer is given also.
3. in a context speaking about the Son: So the reason why the NT writers quoted them is because IT'S NOW THE SON THAT IS FUNCTIONING IN THOSE VERSE.

With that understood, so let's look at the context of both Joel and Romans
Joel is talking about Jehovah as "And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved" Joel 2:32 which means this act will be giving to Jehovah;
Now Apostles Paul and Peter quoted this same verse in NT and as will can see that whenever NT writers quoted the OT that is talking about Jehovah IT'S THE SON THAT IS FUNCTIONING so when Rom. 10:13 says "And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved"

It's evident that the Son is the one everyone will call on here, with this JWs have committed two major error;

1. By wrongly inserted the word JEHOVAH into that verse which by analysis we can then infer that Jesus is Jehovah.
2. By saying that we can't call on Jesus Christ when the scriptures says "everyone will call on Him to be saved" which is what the very Apostles did in their own time.

Since you've read from your own Watchtower that we can call on Jesus Christ which is the truth about Romans 10:13 & Acts 4:12 and what the very early Apostles & Church did as we read here "Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, [size=14pt]with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord,[/size] both theirs and ours: 1 Corin 1:2 KJV. Won't you start calling on His NAME?

Now if what you said is right that means when Joel 2:32 says everyone will call on Jehovah then it means PEOPLE WON'T PRAY TO JEHOVAH.

But with the evidence before us CALLING ON JESUS is that people PRAY TO HIM.

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by dolphinheart(m): 2:00pm On Apr 10, 2015
@ emusan, is the use of the name "jehovah" wrong when using it as the name of the almighty God?

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 2:23pm On Apr 10, 2015
dolphinheart:
@ emusan, is the use of the name "jehovah" wrong when using it as the name of the almighty God?

Your organization has better answer than I do

"While inclining to view the pronunciation "Yah.weh" as the more correct way, we have retained the form "Jehovah" because of people's familiarity with it since the 14th century."

"By combining the vowel signs of 'Adho.nay and 'Elo.him' with the four consonants of the Tetragrammaton the pronunciations Yeho.wah' and Yehowih' were formed. The first of these provided the basis for [size=14pt]the Latinized form "Jehova(h)."[/size] The first recorded use of this form dates from the thirteenth century C.E. Raymundus Martini, a Spanish monk of the Dominican Order, used it in his book Pugeo Fidei of the year 1270. [size=14pt]Hebrew scholars generally favor "Yahweh" as the most likely pronunciation"[/size] Aid to Bible Understanding, Watchtower Bible And Tract Society, 1971, pp. 884, 885.

So your organization vividly knew that Hebrew scholars favor YAHWEH but chose the Catholic monk (in which the statement above even looks as an embarrassment statement against the monk) YET they claimed THEY WANT TO RESTORE THE DIVINE NAME OF GOD.

two questions for you:
1. Has your organization TRULY RESTORED the DIVINE name of GOD?

2. Now will the MONK who FORMULATED this name before being translated into English be among the Little one or the holy ones?

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 2:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:
Am laughing at your write-up in chinese ..... I will take you serious when you are able to prove that the words we are familiar with such as " Isaiah" and " Jeremiah" has any form Whatsoever with the pronounciation and spelling in the original hebrew!

My response to one of your brother pathetic questions is enough for you.

A: No. Jesus' family and friends MAY have refered to him in their day to day conversation as Yeshua or Yehoshua. Whatever the actual pronunciation was, it was not 'Jesus'. However, when the accounts of his life was written in GREEK [size=14pt]his disciples did not retain its hebrew form, not its actual spelling but they TRANSLATE the meaning of the original to its equivalent in Greek (Iesous)[/size] Today it is rendered differently according to the language of the reader of the Bible eg Spanish Bible readers encounter Jesus PRONOUNCED HESSOOS, Italians spell it Gesu and pronounced Djayzoo.

Imaging now it doesn't matter if the form never close to the ORIGINAL NAME, SMH and you can swallow this pure lie.

I ENLARGE those part so that you can decipher how it poses a BIG PROBLEM to Watchtower.
@color-it's cleared that TRANSLATION doesn't base on SPELLING but EQUIVALENT WORD IN THE ORIGINAL LANGUAGE.

Basically, the English name Jesus is EQUIVALENT to the original language Greek and in Greek Iesous is EQUIVALENT to Yehoshua in Hebrew but different spelling.
Now Jehovah in English translated from LATIN is NOT EQUIVALENT to the ORIGINAL LANGUAGE, Hebrew but YAHWEH is EQUIVALENT to Hebrew which JWs knew about but still went ahead to use JEHOVAH just because "...people's familiarity with it" (from their OWN mouth) YET they still claimed THEY HAVE RESTORED THE DIVINE NAME, how absurd it that?

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by RikoduoSennin(m): 2:59pm On Apr 10, 2015
Emusan:

And you believe this JWs have RESTORED THE ORIGINAL NAME, isn't it?

This is where the problem lies, SO YAHWEH is more closed to YHWH than the one JWs finally chosen yet they claimed they have RESTORED THE DIVINE NAME.

Your opinion is puzzling.

Emusan:

Yehoshua in Hebrew how is it related to Jesus in spelling and pronunciation.

Emusan:

They restored the Divine name where others remove the NAME. It seems you were hoping to see the Hebrew Tetragramaton
there.

Emusan:

What you failed to know even from your own post is that Jesus in English is EQUIVALENT to the ORIGINAL LANGUAGE from which it was derived--Greek and [b]Greek Iesous also EQUIVALENT to the Hebrew word Yehoshua
but JEHOVAH in English is from the LATIN word FORMULATED BY a Catholic monk-Raymundus Martini which DOES NOT EQUIVALENT to ORIGINAL LANGUAGE Hebrew.

@bold section, Tell me how Greek Iesous and Hebrew Yehoshua are equivalent?
Are they equivalent in Spelling, Pronunciation or in MEANING?

Emusan:

So which one is better to retain the any form this name will come out with or continue to use the wrong name.
MIND you these names are EQUIVALENT TO THEIR ORIGINAL LANGUAGES but Jehovah is never EQUIVALENT.
SINCE JWs know that YAHWEH is more closed to the ORIGINAL LANGUAGE why can't they use it INSTEAD OF FOLLOWING THE TRADITION OF MEN after they claimed they want to restore the Divine name?

Read NWT in Hebrew Language and find out if Jehovah is used there first. English Language uses its equivalent which you fail to realise.

Emusan:

Jehovah is WRONG EQUIVALENT of the DIVINE NAME which JWs themselves know which is boldly written in the OP

Wrong, JW admitted that Yahweh may be Close to the original pronunciation IN HEBREW, but since the NWT you are referring to is in English, The English equivalent (in meaning) of YHWH is used (which is Jehovah).

You want to force English language to adopt the Hebrew Word as an English word do you?

Emusan:

Beautiful I love this but you couldn't tell yourself the truth by asking simple question which is, does Jehovah EQUIVALENT to the ORIGINAL LANGUAGE in which the DIVINE NAME first appear? because Raymundus Martini ONLY USED the [u]SPELLING
and not the EQUIVALENT word remember it is from this the English name Jehovah was derived. Can you now see the reason why YAHWEH is more closed than Jehovah?

Yes, it is the Widely accepted equivalent IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
You fail to Notice that Yahweh is not AN ENGLISH WORD, and to insist in that means Most names derived from it MUST change in every Bible.

Emusan:

Now that JWs knew this, why can't they used the better one instead of holding unto the wrong one since they want to RESTORE the DIVINE NAME?

One of the purpose of NWT is to Restore the Divine Name. Is Jehovah the English Divine Name of God? YES, even secular books, Encycleopedia and Dictionary says so.

Have you read The NWT in Hebrew Language to see what Divine Name of the Divine is used?

Emusan:

Mind you Jehovah in English which was derived from the Latin word FORMULATED by Raymundus Martini DOES NOT have any FORM IN HEBREW which is the ORIGINAL LANGUAGE the Divine name first appeared.

So tell me, What is the Greek or Latin equivalent of Yahweh?
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by dolphinheart(m): 3:21pm On Apr 10, 2015
Emusan:

"While inclining to view the pronunciation "Yah.weh" as the more correct way, we have retained the form "Jehovah" because of people's familiarity with it since the 14th century."

"By combining the vowel signs of 'Adho.nay and 'Elo.him' with the four consonants of the Tetragrammaton the pronunciations Yeho.wah' and Yehowih' were formed. The first of these provided the basis for [size=14pt]the Latinized form "Jehova(h)."[/size] The first recorded use of this form dates from the thirteenth century C.E. Raymundus Martini, a Spanish monk of the Dominican Order, used it in his book Pugeo Fidei of the year 1270. [size=14pt]Hebrew scholars generally favor "Yahweh" as the most likely pronunciation"[/size] Aid to Bible Understanding, Watchtower Bible And Tract Society, 1971, pp. 884, 885.

So your organization vividly knew that Hebrew scholars favor YAHWEH but chose the Catholic monk (in which the statement above even looks as an embarrassment statement against the monk) YET they claimed THEY WANT TO RESTORE THE DIVINE NAME OF GOD.

two questions for you:

2. Now will the MONK who FORMULATED this name before being translated into English be among the Little one or the holy ones?

I'm asking you , is the use of the name "jehovah " wrong when using it as the name of the almighty God ?.
If you cannot answer the question , let us know. Stop dribbling , stop making reference to other peoples opinion ,let's here ur own view
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by dolphinheart(m): 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
@emusan , pls stop using abusive /derogatory words when refering or making reference to others or their statements. Is not good and only people who like or enjoy attacking other peoples personality do that .

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 3:49pm On Apr 10, 2015
RikoduoSennin:
Your opinion is puzzling.

And yours is...

Yehoshua in Hebrew how is it related to Jesus in spelling and pronunciation.

This is another problem of confusing fact with with lie.

New Testament was written in GREEK not Hebrew so the purpose of finding its equivalent in Hebrew is for translation and according to Encyclopedia which I quoted earlier shows how they were EQUIVALENT.

They restored the Divine name where others remove the NAME. It seems you were hoping to see the Hebrew Tetragramaton there.

NO! What I see is the translation of the word FORMED BY Catholic monk Martini in English which is no way EQUIVALENT to the original Hebrew.

@bold section, Tell me how Greek Iesous and Hebrew Yehoshua are equivalent?
Are they equivalent in Spelling, Pronunciation or in MEANING?

Your OWN early post answer you: "...his disciples did not retain its hebrew form, not its actual spelling but they [size=14pt]TRANSLATE the meaning of the original to its equivalent in Greek (Iesous)[/size]

I know you didn't know the gravity of what you quoted before on your own part.

Read NWT in Hebrew Language and find out if Jehovah is used there first. English Language uses its equivalent which you fail to realise.

why can't you bring it and let us see?

Wrong, JW admitted that Yahweh [size=14pt]may be[/size] Close to the original pronunciation IN HEBREW, but since the NWT you are referring to is in English, The English equivalent (in meaning) of YHWH is used [size=14pt](which is Jehovah).[/size]

I will continue to expose you people's lie
@bold 1-you've shifted to 'MAY BE' which is far from what they claim.
@bold 2-Jehovah is not the EQUIVALENT word since the root word is inaccurate then the derived word will also be inaccurate.

You want to force English language to adopt the Hebrew Word as an English word do you?

Your problem!
What we're basically saying is this, the derivation of God's name MUST COME from the ROOT WORD in any LANGUAGES it's being translated to. So if the DIVINE NAME should be translated into English it should have come from the root word or EQUIVALENT word which suppose to be YAHWEH not the Latin formation which does not in anyway have its form in Hebrew Language.

get that into you head.

[size=14pt]Yes, it is the Widely accepted equivalent IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE.[/size]
You fail to Notice that Yahweh is not AN ENGLISH WORD, and to insist in that means Most names derived from it MUST change in every Bible.

Yes it was widely accepted in English when proper understanding of Hebrew Language has not gone wide but Scholars have also criticized it's usage in English one of them is the most common man to JWs Dr. Bruce.

You fail to know that EVERY WORD must have a ROOT WORD from where they being derived from, so when the ROOT WORD is inaccurate then the derivative word will also be.

The funny part of it is that JWs knew this yet they still went ahead to use Jehovah.

[size=14pt]One of the purpose of NWT is to Restore the Divine Name.[/size] Is Jehovah the English Divine Name of God? YES, even secular books, Encycleopedia and Dictionary says so

Now what does this same Encyclopedia say about the Divine name of God in the Greek NT? I know you can't go further because the same Encyclopedia recognizes that the Divine name was never used by any Greek writers of the NT.

The restoration of the DIVINE name is the key point on this thread, how can JWs claim to restore this name and couldn't use the ONE CLOSED TO THE ORIGINAL LANGUAGE as they know about it rather than follow people just because "...people's familiarity with it" (according to JWs)
Do they restore the name?

Have you read The NWT in Hebrew Language to see what Divine Name of the Divine is used?

You own is to quote it here.

So tell me, What is the Greek or Latin equivalent of Yahweh?

YAHWEH is not ORIGINAL Greek or Latin name which means if it to be translated to these two languages they must agree with the ROOT WORD. This is also a prove that the New Testament writers didn't use this DIVINE NAME since it never appeared in any of the Greek manuscript we have today.

This also prove that NWT was wrong to have inserted the name in the Greek NT.

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2015
dolphinheart:
I'm asking you , is the use of the name "jehovah " wrong when using it as the name of the almighty God ?.
If you cannot answer the question , let us know. Stop dribbling , stop making reference to other peoples opinion ,let's here ur own view

If my post from the beginning of this thread couldn't answer your question there's nothing I can do than this

two questions for you:

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by dolphinheart(m): 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2015
Emusan:

If my post from the beginning of this thread couldn't answer your question there's nothing I can do than this

two questions for you:

Pls direct us to where you made ur view on the question known on this thread.
Is it wrong to use "jehovah" as the name of the almighty God ? Lets hear your own personal view and not what others think or say .

Emusan, is it bad/ wrong/false to use "jehovah" when refering to almighty God ?
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by CAPTIVATOR: 8:20pm On Apr 10, 2015
Emusan:

@bold-evidence is there that you know the truth but just decided to bend it, how can a true believer MISTAKENLY call another name instead of the name Jehovah? In fact this is enough to show people that you're agent of darkness because we were told that Stephen was FULL WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT before that incident, so you mean HOLY SPIRIT confuse Stephen to do the WRONG THING

So why did Stephen change from calling upon God to Lord Jesus when he already saw Jehovah?

This verse is reach enough to show true believers that Jesus was PRAYED TO "And they stoned Stephen, [size=14pt]calling upon God,[/size] and saying, [size=14pt]Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.[/size]

Stephen first called ON GOD then the writer shows who he called on as Lord Jesus when the writer wrote AND SAYING, Lord Jesus...

Mr JW say , am suprised u dont even know the word "God" was added to that verse. its NOT part of it content.
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by CAPTIVATOR: 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
Emusan:

My response to one of your brother pathetic questions is enough for you.

Imaging now it doesn't matter if the form never close to the ORIGINAL NAME,
Mr JW say, the form Isaiah And Jeremiah ARE NEVER CLOSE TO THE ORIGINAL HEBREW NAMES , AND ur hipocrisy will make u accept them over the original Yeshayahu and Yirmeyahu which should hav been retained . but none of the two are retained despite everyone know they are the originals. INTERESTINGLLYYYYYY,GOD preserve his word to the extent that when we say Jeremiah, Isaiah AND JEHOVAH .... EVERYONE could identify the person been reffered to . smiles

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by RikoduoSennin(m): 6:03pm On Apr 11, 2015
Emusan:

"By combining the vowel signs of 'Adho.nay and 'Elo.him' with the [b]four consonants of the Tetragrammaton the pronunciations Yeho.wah' and Yehowih' were formed.[/b] The first of these provided the basis for [size=14pt]the Latinized form "Jehova(h)."[/size] The first recorded use of this form dates from the thirteenth century C.E. Raymundus Martini, a Spanish monk of the Dominican Order, used it in his book Pugeo Fidei of the year 1270. [size=14pt]Hebrew scholars generally favor "Yahweh" as the most likely pronunciation"[/size] Aid to Bible Understanding, Watchtower Bible And Tract Society, 1971, pp. 884, 885.

See the Bold Section and see the Root word- The TeTragrammaton. Note: there is not consonant in the original manuscript. You wrote how the consonants were added for the root word (Yehowah) where Jehovah came from
, HOW DID THE VOWEL COME ABOUT FOR YAHWEH?

Do you have a Beef with Yehowah?

Emusan:

So your organization vividly knew that Hebrew scholars favor YAHWEH but chose the to use Jehovah. YET they claimed THEY WANT TO RESTORE THE DIVINE NAME OF GOD.

Did the Hebrew Scholars favor the use of Yahweh( which is a Hebrew word) in English Language Translations?

If So, most names in the Bible will change base on SAME principle.

Emusan:

two questions for you:

YES!
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by RikoduoSennin(m): 6:59pm On Apr 11, 2015
Emusan:

This is another problem of confusing fact with with lie.

New Testament was written in GREEK not Hebrew so the purpose of finding its equivalent in Hebrew is for translation and according to Encyclopedia which I quoted earlier shows how they were EQUIVALENT.

@bold section, That same purpose made Translator find the English equivalent of The Hebrew Tetragrammaton since the Bible was not originally written in English.

Emusan:

NO! What I see is the translation of the word FORMED BY Catholic monk Martini in English which is no way EQUIVALENT to the original Hebrew.

Hebrew form Yehowah, Latin form Jehova, Martini used Yohoua {Visit Ste. Genevieve Library, Paris, France (folio 162b)}

Emusan:

Your OWN early post answer you: "...his disciples did not retain its hebrew form, not its actual spelling but they [size=14pt]TRANSLATE the meaning of the original to its equivalent in Greek (Iesous)[/size]

I know you didn't know the gravity of what you quoted before on your own part.

I fully am aware when I made that statement. I take it that you agree with the above explanation. Well, If you do- then you realised that Translator have every right to use equivalent words/names to convey the original ideas/names from one language to another without any consideration to Spelling and pronunciations

Emusan:

I will continue to expose you people's lie
@bold 1-you've shifted to 'MAY BE' which is far from what they claim.

"While inclining to view the pronunciation "Yah.weh" as the more correct way, we have retained the form "Jehovah" because of people's familiarity with it since the 14th century."Hebrew scholars generally favor "Yahweh" as the most likely pronunciation"

Look at the bold words- Tell me the writer is 100% certain that Yahweh is the ACCURATE PRONUNCIATION.

Emusan:

@bold 2-Jehovah is not the EQUIVALENT word since the root word is inaccurate then the derived word will also be inaccurate.

Are you saying the root word Yehowah is wrong? On what basis?

NB: If the ACCURATE pronunciation was important to God, don't you think he would have made absolutely sure that the writers wrote the FULL WORDS WITH VOWELS INCLUDED?

Emusan:

Your problem!
What we're basically saying is this, the derivation of God's name MUST COME from the ROOT WORD in any LANGUAGES it's being translated to. So if the DIVINE NAME should be translated into English it should have come from the root word or EQUIVALENT word which suppose to be YAHWEH not the Latin formation which does not in anyway have its form in Hebrew Language.

So your beef is because Many Bible Translators chose to use Yehowah instead of Yahweh, is it?

The Hebrew Scholars who Formed Yahweh- How did they arrive at that conclusion?

Emusan:

Yes it was widely accepted in English when proper understanding of Hebrew Language has not gone wide but Scholars have also criticized it's usage in English one of them is the most common man to JWs Dr. Bruce.

So now that Hebrew Scholars seem to have more understanding of ancient Hebrew language: What English Equivalent have they arrive at using the Root word "Yahweh"

I have never heard of that man!

Emusan:

You fail to know that EVERY WORD must have a ROOT WORD from where they being derived from, so when the ROOT WORD is inaccurate then the derivative word will also be.

The funny part of it is that JWs knew this yet they still went ahead to use Jehovah.

The only Root word found in the Manuscript is YHWH (Tetragrammaton) anything else was Formed by someone/people base on different opinion and understanding.

Many translators use Jehovah or one of its form not only JW.

Emusan:

The restoration of the DIVINE name is the key point on this thread, how can JWs claim to restore this name and couldn't use the ONE CLOSED TO THE ORIGINAL LANGUAGE as they know about it rather than follow people just because "...people's familiarity with it" (according to JWs)
Do they restore the name?

In what way is it close to the original? Because Yahweh contains only two vowels (a and e) while Yehowah contains three (e,o and a).

NWT restored The Divine Name where other Translation remove the name because of superstition.

Emusan:

Now what does this same Encyclopedia say about the Divine name of God in the Greek NT? I know you can't go further because the same Encyclopedia recognizes that the Divine name was never used by any Greek writers of the NT.

YAHWEH is not ORIGINAL Greek or Latin name which means if it to be translated to these two languages they must agree with the ROOT WORD. This is also a prove that the New Testament writers didn't use this DIVINE NAME since it never appeared in any of the Greek manuscript we have today.

This also prove that NWT was wrong to have inserted the name in the Greek NT.

The Greek manuscript we have did not contain the greek equivalent of the divine name because it was removed. Many Bible writers quoted from the Hebrew scroll where the Divine Name existed. It does NOT make sense that when Jesus read the scroll of Isaiah he replaced the Divine name with a Title.
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 10:26am On Apr 13, 2015
RikoduoSennin:
@bold section, That same purpose made Translator find the English equivalent of [size=14pt]The Hebrew Tetragrammaton[/size] since the Bible was not originally written in English.

You're a liar, the English word was from the Latinized word derived by Martini NOT from the Tetragrammaton itself.

Hebrew form Yehowah, Latin form Jehova, Martini used Yohoua {Visit Ste. Genevieve Library, Paris, France (folio 162b)}

This is another key place, YEHOWAH was form by Martini which YOHOUA later in LATIN later derived from.
Now the point here is, YEHOWAH which was FORMULATED by Martini this word doesn't have any form of NAME EVER USED IN HEBREW.
So deriving the LATIN WORD 'YOHOUA' is inaccurate which later form Jehovah.
Hope you can get it now?

I fully am aware when I made that statement. I take it that you agree with the above explanation. Well, If you do- then you realised that [size=14pt]Translator have every right to use equivalent words/names to convey the original ideas/names from one language to another without any consideration to Spelling and pronunciations[/size]

NO! Translator's right MUST NOT against the rule of translation which is the derivatives WORD MUST AGREE WITH THE ROOT WORD.

"While inclining to view the pronunciation "Yah.weh" as the more correct way, we have retained the form "Jehovah" because of people's familiarity with it since the 14th century."Hebrew scholars generally favor "Yahweh" as the most likely pronunciation"

Look at the bold words- Tell me the writer is 100% certain that Yahweh is the ACCURATE PRONUNCIATION.

You're wrong this statement doesn't portray 'MAYBE' but ONE OPTION THAT IS BETTER THAN ANOTHER.

Are you saying the root word Yehowah is wrong? On what basis?

Absolutely!

NB: If the ACCURATE pronunciation was important to God, don't you think he would have made absolutely sure that the writers wrote the FULL WORDS WITH VOWELS INCLUDED?

So the pronunciation is not important to God but any NAME DERIVED IS IMPORTANT, very illogical statement.
Mind you the key point isn't only on pronunciation but THE WORD MORE CLOSER TO THE ORIGINAL LANGUAGE

So your beef is because Many Bible Translators chose to use Yehowah instead of Yahweh, is it?

I don't have any beef with any translations that used Jehovah BUT my point is how your organization will claim that they want to RESTORE the DIVINE NAME and PURPOSELY USED JEHOVAH just because ("...people's familiarities with it"-PONDER ON THIS STATEMENT) when they know that YAHWEH is more closer to the Original than Jehovah.

The Hebrew Scholars who Formed Yahweh- How did they arrive at that conclusion?
So now that Hebrew Scholars seem to have more understanding of ancient Hebrew language: What English Equivalent have they arrive at using the Root word "Yahweh"

You provided answer to this question yourself below in your post which I will point out when I get there.

I have never heard of that man!

Ok! Read this from your own Organization,

"Misconceptions about the holy spirit
Fact: The King James version of the Bible includes at 1 John 5:7, 8 the words “in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth.” However, researchers have found that those words were not written by the apostle John and so do not belong in the Bible. [size=14pt]Professor Bruce M. Metzger wrote: “That these words are spurious and have no right to stand in the New Testament is certain.”[/size] —A Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament." http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-is-the-holy-spirit/ (Bold mine)

In fact your organization has paraphrase this man's statement because what Dr. Bruce said is "(Because the manuscript evidence of I John 5:7-8, King James Version, is insufficient, this text should not be used. There is, however, abundant proof for the doctrine of the Trinity elsewhere in the New Testament.)" http://www.bible-researcher.com/metzger.jw.html (bold mine)

This is not the FIRST TIME JWs will do something like this you can browse and see how JWs have MISQUOTED Scholars in their work and what Scholars say about NWT.

The only Root word found in the Manuscript is YHWH (Tetragrammaton) anything else was Formed by someone/people base on different opinion and understanding.

NO! Words were not JUST FORMED without any RULE(S) guiding them.

Many translators use Jehovah or one of its form not only JW.

I've said this before the same Scholars have criticized the usage of JEHOVAH in KJV.

In what way is it close to the original? Because Yahweh contains only two vowels (a and e) while Yehowah contains three (e,o and a).

Now I'll use this to answer your above question about;
A Yoruba man wrote a book and this word was found there 'GBNG' whereas most of the place this word appeared it indicated that it's referring to someone.
So what a Scholar of Yoruba will do are:
1. Understand that this is someone's name
2. Know that something has already missing in those letter, since such word never convey any REAL NAME in Yoruba.
3. Find how to resolve this dilemma by substituting some letters to make it pronounceable and have meaning.
4. So in Yoruba like other languages there's vowel and consonant. So if will begin to insert letters many WORDS will come out, we'll surely get name and some incorrect word i.e [b]GB(e)NG(o), GB(a)NG(o), GB(o)N(e)G, GB(e)N(o)G(a), GB(a)N(e)G(a), GB(e)NG(a) e.t.c

5. From here, I'll only take the two underlined words GB(e)N(o)G(a) & GB(e)NG(a) because the rest isn't even sound as NAME.
6. Now both GBENOGA and GBENGA looks similar but only different with the insertion of the vowel 'O', as a good Yoruba scholar you will know that the INSERTION of vowel 'O' has deformed the PRONUNCIATION and the MEANING of the closest ROOT WORD and every Yoruba man knows that GBENGA is a NAME BUT GBENOGA never convey any true NAME in Yoruba Language.

So what Martini did that distorted the whole thing is the INSERTION OF vowel 'O' which makes the word NONE ANY FORM OF NAME EVER USED IN HEBREW, now had it been that Martini rightfully used the closest word which is YAHWEH instead of YEHOWAH then the derivation 'YOHOUA' in LATIN and JEHOVAH in English from YOHOUA wouldn't have come up.

NWT restored The Divine Name where other Translation remove the name because of superstition.

So it's NWT that have the right to restore it when you said below that Jesus Himself only used TITLE to refer to the DIVINE NAME when He was given the book of Isaiah to read.

[size=14pt]The Greek manuscript we have did not contain the greek equivalent of the divine name because it was removed.[/size] Many Bible writers quoted from the Hebrew scroll where the Divine Name existed. [size=14pt]It does make sense that when Jesus read the scroll of Isaiah he replaced the Divine name with a Title.[/size]

You've shot yourself in the legs with this your statement.

(A) Now, if the GREEK MANUSCRIPTS DID NOT CONTAIN THE GREEK EQUIVALENT OF DIVINE NAME BECAUSE IT WAS REMOVED.
1. Why do why FIND JEHOVAH in many NT books of NWT?
2. Now will the name JEHOVAH appear in NWT Greek version? If Yes! How come? If No! this takes us back to question 1.

(B) @bold-Since Jesus REPLACED the Divine name with a TITLE, then Jesus erred when He said the name of God should be sanctified since JWs hold Matt 6:9 as the reason they keep the name of God and Jesus used a TITLE instead of using the real name.

2. Why Jesus didn't bother to RESTORE the Divine name including the Apostles but an organization that came up in the late 1800 claim to do so?
3. This is evident that both Jesus and the Apostles never used the Divine name which then make Jesus a liar when He claimed that the name of God should be sanctified YET HE COULDN'T sanctify it BUT USING A TITLE, likewise the APOSTLES are false Christians since they didn't know God's name talk less of sanctified it even using the name that was derived from LATIN WORD many centuries later-Jehovah.

Again I ask, what does the same Encyclopedia that support Jehovah says about the Divine name in the New Testament because I see you purposely boycott that part?

I'm waiting for the next excuse you will come with here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 10:36am On Apr 13, 2015
RikoduoSennin:
See the Bold Section and see the Root word- The TeTragrammaton. Note: there is not consonant in the original manuscript. You wrote how the consonants were added for the root word (Yehowah) where Jehovah came from
, HOW DID THE VOWEL COME ABOUT FOR YAHWEH?

What are you saying here? YHWH are they consonant or vowel?
Or you mistake vowel for consonant?

Do you have a Beef with Yehowah?

I don't! But thank God you've said it yourself that Jesus REPLACED the Divine name with a TITLE, so tell us where your organization get there own Divine name in the GREEK MANUSCRIPTS.

Did the Hebrew Scholars favor the use of Yahweh( which is a Hebrew word) in English Language Translations?

Explained in my above post.

If So, most names in the Bible will change base on SAME principle.

Nothing will change mr because some names were DIRECTLY used by the Apostles in the New Testament which gave the clue of what the represented in original Hebrew.

YES!
I asked two questions but you can only answer one undecided undecided
Even this one you answered is still false so back to the same question, will the MONK who FORMULATED this name before being translated into English be among the Little one or the holy ones?

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 11:04am On Apr 13, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:
Mr JW say , am suprised u dont even know the word "God" was added to that verse. its NOT part of it content.

Ohhhhh...it's now you can see added word in one's translation but you can't you own added and omitted word in NWT.

The exact Greek word-for-word rendering in the Kingdom Interlinear Translation for John 14:14 is:
if ever anything YOU should ask me in the name of me this I shall do.
According to that Greek text, the Lord Jesus taught his disciples to pray to himself and he (Jesus) shall do it. In contrast to the Greek, the NWT inaccurately reads:

If YOU ask anything in my name, I will do it. Obviously, 'ME' has been removed by the NWT because of the implication of praying to Jesus.

You agree that THE NAME of Jesus will be CALLED UPON which is the truth we found the NT,
1. Have you CALLED ON THIS NAME BEFORE?
2. Why your organization says we can't pray to Jesus when it's evident that people will CALL ON HIS NAME?

Though you've claimed that CALLING UPON the name of Jesus is doing His Father's will but see the reason why this is just another attempt of twisting scriptures.

1. Both Christians and Jews know that God is being referred to as FATHER; and Paul is a Jews, so why will Paul be persecuting those who are TRULY DOING THE WILL OF THE FATHER since he persecuted those who called on the name of Jesus Christ? "But Ananias answered, [size=14pt]"Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to thy saints at Jerusalem; and here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who CALL UPON THY NAME."[/size] Acts 9:13-14 RSV (bold & capital, mine)

2. If someone is doing the will of THE FATHER it's a thing ONLY GOD Himself could know, NO HUMAN BEING CAN TRULY KNOW IT. Then how come people know this if we should go by your perverted interpretation of the scriptures? "And all who heard him were amazed, and said, [size=14pt]"Is not this the man who made havoc in Jerusalem of those who called on this name?[/size] And he has come here for this purpose, to bring them bound before the chief priests." acts 9:21 RSV (bold, mine)

Don't be surprised that Watchtower has mislead you.

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 11:23am On Apr 13, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:
Mr JW say, [size=14pt]the form Isaiah And Jeremiah ARE NEVER CLOSE TO THE ORIGINAL HEBREW NAMES,[/size] AND ur hipocrisy will make u accept them over the original Yeshayahu and Yirmeyahu which should hav been retained . but none of the two are retained despite everyone know they are the originals. INTERESTINGLLYYYYYY,GOD preserve his word to the extent that when we say Jeremiah, Isaiah AND JEHOVAH .... EVERYONE could identify the person been reffered to. smiles

The bold part is a pure lie both Isaiah and Jeremiah were used by the writers of the NT which gives the Translators better idea of how to render them in English.

Or you want to tell us that when the NT writers used these words they weren't conveyed the true meaning and pronunciation?

If the Divine name has ever APPEARED in Greek NT, translators would have resolved this problem since but as NO NT writers use it I wonder how JWs get the Divine name into their own NT rendering.

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by dolphinheart(m): 2:22pm On Apr 13, 2015
@ emusan
All I want to know is if we cant use in english the word "jehovah " as the divine name of the almighty God . in ur personal view, is it wrong to use that name ? For the benefit of laymen Like me, pls give us an answer
Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by Emusan(m): 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2015
dolphinheart:
All I want to know is if we cant use in english the word "jehovah " as the divine name of the almighty God . in ur personal view, is it wrong to use that name ? For the benefit of laymen Like me, pls give us an answer

Sorry to ask you this, what is your problem?

If you can't read my post and draw your conclusion from it, please and please don't quote me again for goodness' sake.

1 Like

Re: Two Things You Need To Know As A Jehovah's Witness! by dolphinheart(m): 3:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
Emusan:

Sorry to ask you this, what is your problem?

If you can't read my post and draw your conclusion from it, please and please don't quote me again for goodness' sake.

Bro ,abeg no vex , but u fit just for my sake answer the question.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians / The Irrationality Of Being More "Christian" Than The British / Share Your Testimony Of Year 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 239
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.