Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,935 members, 7,848,781 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:14 AM

Nigerian Girls In Church Are Stuck Up - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Girls In Church Are Stuck Up (1524 Views)

5 Honest Reasons Why Some Nigerian Girls Are Still Single / Married Woman & Her Lover Get Stuck In Bed During Sex In Kenya (Pics & Video) / Woman Got A Vibrator Stuck Up Her Butt And She Shared The Hospital Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Girls In Church Are Stuck Up by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
A bros and I were discussing and he expressed some concern about something I also noticed back when I was still interested in Nigerian girls (can't deal with their fakeness. Love my REAL carribean woman).

I have noticed that girls in Nigerian churches are a very strange, stuck-up people.
Perhaps this might be due to the culture my friend and I grew up in but....There is nothing weird or forward about meeting a lady you admire in church and requesting she join you for lunch at some point in time. Abi where else will she meet this husband she keeps fasting/praying/disturbing God for?

Understandably, a girl can't be too available. It doesn't have to be instant. You can exchange numbers and the real outing itself could take place weeks later. But with the word "No", a man like me who knows his worth will simply say "That's a pity. Well enjoy the rest of your day" and WALK. I don't repeat the request again...unless under rare circumstances.

However, what I also find stupid with nigerian females in nigerian churches is that, as she has now said no, she will be sure to let every other lady in the church know that you talked to her and that she put you down. Perhaps to boost her ego further or perhaps in her little mind "He finally asked. The game is on wink " wherein they all now think "okay, the guy is now off limits"...even though nobody informs him of this "claim" on his head.....because she freaking said No. undecided

Either way when the gentleman later approaches another girl in the church, they all pull away, missing out on their own future husband. This sort of compound dulling by Nigerian church females is, by far, the prevalent reason why an otherwise great guy would leave his church and go find a more sensible woman outside even when there are great girls in his church. Leaving the dulling girls unmarried long into their years.

This seems to be a very deep issue in communication.
Something needs to be done to fix this unnecessary uptightness and character assassination.
And I doubt it will be fixed unless it is addressed by a person of authority, like a pastor. Abi pastor no wan see weddings every month for ein church?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls In Church Are Stuck Up by Fairgodwin(m): 6:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
okay, so bros na u dey always go dey disturb and distract our sisters for church and not letting them concentrate abi?
Warn yourself o, and leave our sisters alone o.
But on a more serious note, for you to have come up with such assertions means you've really asked lots of 'sisters' out in the church. Maybe they all now know you and regard you as a casanova or an unnecessary distraction from their commitments to the things of the Lord.
My advice would be, give them space (for a long time) before you make such move on any 'sister' again.
#nor vex for me o, na we we.
Re: Nigerian Girls In Church Are Stuck Up by sweettease(f): 6:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
Oya tell us the name of the church girl wey spoil your market for church.
This is so personal grin
Re: Nigerian Girls In Church Are Stuck Up by yungchief(m): 6:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
Strollin by
Re: Nigerian Girls In Church Are Stuck Up by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
Fairgodwin:
okay, so bros na u dey always go dey disturb and distract our sisters for church and not letting them concentrate abi?
Warn yourself o, and leave our sisters alone o.
But on a more serious note, for you to have come up with such assertions means you've really asked lots of 'sisters' out in the church. Maybe they all now know you and regard you as a casanova or an unnecessary distraction from their commitments to the things of the Lord.
My advice would be, give them space (for a long time) before you make such move on any 'sister' again.
#nor vex for me o, na we we.

@Distracting from The things of the lord, My bible says 1 shall put 1000 to flight, and 2 shall put 10000 to flight. So I don't get what you are saying.
The guy could as well be a brother serving in the church as well. I don't think you are making any point.

It's a pity but people miss out on their own personal angels everyday and then ruin it for others as well because of unnecessary uptightness and ego games.
Re: Nigerian Girls In Church Are Stuck Up by Fairgodwin(m): 6:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
ebonflex:

@The things of the lord, My bible says 1 shall put 1000 to flight, and 2 shall put 10000 to flight. So I don't get what you are saying.
The guy could as well be a brother serving in the church as well. I don't think you are making any point.

It's a pity but people miss out on their own personal angels everyday and then ruin it for others as well because of unnecessary uptightness and games.

You're right.
Re: Nigerian Girls In Church Are Stuck Up by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
For one, what I would suggest is, the mind of these nigerian females needs to be retrained....drastically.

That a brother approaches you, is absolutely no reason to go around indignifying him among your friends.
It's the equivalent of a guy spreading rumors that you are loose. I'm sure you know how that hurts.
It's just uncalled for.

There is something libel does to a human being. It's like being stabbed with a dagger and you don't know you are bleeding. All you see is that people suddenly start avoiding you for no reason, none exactly telling you why. It is an unnecesary pain you cause a fellow brother, just because you want to parasitically extract an ego boost through their pain.

The so called God you are claiming to serve, do you think He is happy at what you are doing?
Being that what goes around comes around, why won't you see unmarried girls at overly mature ages?
Re: Nigerian Girls In Church Are Stuck Up by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
sweettease:
Oya tell us the name of the church girl wey spoil your market for church.
This is so person grin

I assume you meant "This is so personal"?
Well yes it was at a point in my life. Thankfully I broadened my dating pool from just Nigerian girls and realized that other black women from other cultures are generally better and more real. I never looked back ever since.
Re: Nigerian Girls In Church Are Stuck Up by Tattooboy: 7:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
@op; judging from ur post, i figured u went 2 church 4 d ladies
Re: Nigerian Girls In Church Are Stuck Up by sweettease(f): 7:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
ebonflex:

I assume you meant "This is so personal"?
Well yes it was at a point in my life. Thankfully I broadened my dating pool from just Nigerian girls and realized that other black women from other cultures are generally better and more real. I never looked back ever since.

Now the complain is about church and Nigerian girls, if you continue like this, the next one will be about black women and other cultures, then women in general. Start picking them well and stop attributing your female misfortunes on places and heritage. Try to look before you leap next time.
Thank you for the correction btw, and I thought I typed personal lol
Re: Nigerian Girls In Church Are Stuck Up by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
Tattooboy:
@op; judging from ur post, i figured u went 2 church 4 d ladies

A Single Christian man who is serious about his faith, where else again is he supposed to meet a female partner? Club?
See it's pretentious statements like those that make the notion of living with a typical Nigerian for the rest of my life unbearable.
just too darn dishonest/unreal.

Thanks God for saving me from biting that bullet.
Re: Nigerian Girls In Church Are Stuck Up by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
sweettease:

Now the complain is about church and Nigerian girls, if you continue like this, the next one will be about black women and other cultures, then women in general. Start picking them well and stop attributing your female misfortunes on places and heritage. Try to look before you leap next time.
Thank you for the correction btw, and I thought I typed personal lol

Get it right, it's about "Nigerian girls in Nigerian churches" not "church and Nigerian girls".

And no, since having looked beyond that demographic I find other sistas more real. Can't do fake. I didn't grow up that way. Seems like a nigerian thing.

PS: I was born in naija, but gre up mostly outside.
Re: Nigerian Girls In Church Are Stuck Up by sweettease(f): 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
ebonflex:

Get it right, it's about "Nigerian girls in Nigerian churches" not "church and Nigerian churches".

And no, since having looked beyond that demographic I find other sistas more real. Can't do fake. I didn't grow up that way. Seems like a nigerian thing.

PS: I was born in naija, but gre up mostly outside.
Okay... Good for you then

(1) (Reply)

Some Naij Chicks Are Funny Tho! / Hilarious Picture Of That Moment When A Bride Finds Out The Truth / Shades Of Romance (episode 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.