Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,547 members, 7,955,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:59 PM

China The World New Superpower? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China The World New Superpower? (1497 Views)

WAR: From Superpower To Whimps. Cameroon Invades Nigeria AGAIN Kills 70. / When Isreal Become The New Superpower A Must Watch Video / Nigeria Will Be Africa's First Global Superpower - Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China The World New Superpower? by pansophist(m): 8:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
whats going on?

1 Like

Re: China The World New Superpower? by darnley16(m): 9:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
Is that how you decide your own super power?
If so then Nigeria is a super power, Pidgin is spoken by majority of blacks and even most whites in America, Nigerian Population in The Us, the World in General is Alarminh, The Us also is indebted to Nigeria , in more ways than one( not even including our oil), Our population in Africa makes here very attracting to foreginers , Economically we are the best in Africa,so yeah I guess following your criteria ,,,Nigeria can be classified as a super. Power then

1 Like

Re: China The World New Superpower? by EducatedMind369: 7:32pm On Sep 26, 2023
pansophist:

whats going on?

Good evening. I need your advice regarding my situation/condition/state.
Here goes: I know you've always drummed it into our heads, not to waste our precious time in a university, and instead look for a business or skill to get involved with. But my problem is I've gone too far with my university education, I have no skill. I can literally predict how my life will be in 10 years' time if I continue like this.
My question is this: what valuable advice can you give to me right now?
Re: China The World New Superpower? by pansophist(m): 1:07pm On Sep 27, 2023
EducatedMind369:

Good evening. I need your advice regarding my situation/condition/state.
Here goes: I know you've always drummed it into our heads, not to waste our precious time in a university, and instead look for a business or skill to get involved with. But my problem is I've gone too far with my university education,

I have no skill. I can literally predict how my life will be in 10 years time if I continue like this. My question is this: what valuable advice can you give to me right now?

What are you studying?

Schooling in itself is not a waste of time, but it depends on what you studied, and how you studied it. So for example, it's advisable to study part-time, or online for humanity and social science courses.

Time is your priceless asset, even more important than wealth. For example, you would rather be 22 and broke, than be 95 and a billionaire. In fact, I will personally be 22 and broke, rather than 55 years old and a billionaire.

So if your course is not something like medicine, earth sciences, etc. that you can't do online, then to be smart, study it online/part-time, then have time to do other things.

Sad thing is that most people wont tell you this, and you learn when you have made so much mistake, and by mistake, I mean wasting time, or not utilising your time well.

Having said that, you have to write more about the specificity of your case. What do you study? BSc or masters? fulltime and which level are you?

8 Likes

Re: China The World New Superpower? by EducatedMind369: 1:22pm On Sep 27, 2023
pansophist:

What are you studying?

Schooling in itself is not a waste of time, but it depends on what you studied, and how you studied it. So for example, it's advisable to study part-time, or online for humanity and social science courses.

Time is your priceless asset, even more important than wealth. For example, you would rather be 22 and broke, than be 95 and a billionaire. In fact, I will personally be 22 and broke, rather than 55 years old and a billionaire.

So if your course is not something like medicine, earth sciences, etc. that you can't do online, then to be smart, study it online/part-time, then have time to do other things.

Sad thing is that most people wont tell you this, and you learn when you have made so much mistake, and by mistake, I mean wasting time, or not utilising your time well.

Having said that, you have to write more about the specificity of your case. What do you study? BSc or masters? fulltime and which level are you?

I'm a Mathematics major(Bsc)
Fulltime
200lvl
Re: China The World New Superpower? by pansophist(m): 10:22am On Sep 28, 2023
EducatedMind369:

I'm a Mathematics major(BSc)
Fulltime
200lvl

1. Since you have started it, then please complete it, to avoid wasting the time/resources/efforts already invested. Also, having a university degree has its own privileges, regardless of the field of study.

2. But you must formulate a career/moneymaking plan that is transnational, i.e., not location and naira-dependent. Some people do it on YouTube, some do it via online selling, freelancing, IT, etc.

3. If you have nothing to your name and have to grow from zero, then your best shot at success is in a field that is skill-based, not degree/certification-based, although, certification can be a complement.

4. This means that you are good at those skills, e.g. Usain Bolt doesn't have a degree in running, but he trained for over 20 years just to run for 10 seconds and be the fastest man.

5. So learn a skill, be it making the best suits, making the beast steak, or being a god in programming, app design, writing, website building, etc. You don't have to do the skills I mentioned, they are just examples.

6. But you must know also that you do not have the privilege of being selective or picky or doing your hobby. My hobby is sleeping at home and hope my account balance increases, but life doesn't work that way.

7. So it is about the formula that works, and skill-based professionals will always be sought after. Get your degree for the sake of it, but along the line, create time to perfect a skill, and then monetization is next.

8. But one that is easily accessible to all regardless of background is IT-related fields. So programming, designing, website building, animations, sketching, UI, etc., or creating IT solutions for business.

9. If you go to Udemy.com, there are some Nigerians teaching there, and they have students from all over the world paying for their courses. Even on YouTube, there are big Nigerian chefs selling courses in USD, and making thousands monthly.

10. It is about taking your destiny into your own hands. So you must first understand you don't have a country, and operate on that basis. So your flesh should be in Nigeria, but formulate your affairs in a way that your income does not depend on it.

11. Now all these might take you years to achieve, depending on the fire burning inside you, but if you are serious, it can take you two years, or even less.

12. Another advantage of a skill-based strategy is that it is less expensive. If you want to be a programmer, for example, you need only a laptop, free courses that are scattered online, and DRIVE. The drive is the most important thing.

13. You have to want it like you are dying tomorrow. And spend at least three hours (usually 8hours) on it every day. Elon Musk, for example, that man has more drive than me.

Go check out his working routine, and you will understand why some people are poor, and some are wealthy. Elon Musk is a man who sleeps on the Tesla factory floor, working round the clock, just to make use of every second in a 24-hour circle.

14. Such drive is what you need, and no forces on earth will be able to stop you. Even Nigeria, lol. Just make sure your skill is something transnational, so no barbing, painting, a vulcanizing. You can't export, duplicate, and scale such skills.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: China The World New Superpower? by EducatedMind369: 11:47am On Sep 28, 2023
pansophist:

1. Since you have started it, then please complete it, to avoid wasting the time/resources/efforts already invested. Also, having a university degree has its own privileges, regardless of the field of study.

2. But you must formulate a career/moneymaking plan that is transnational, i.e., not location and naira-dependent. Some people do it on YouTube, some do it via online selling, freelancing, IT, etc.

3. If you have nothing to your name and have to grow from zero, then your best shot at success is in a field that is skill-based, not degree/certification-based, although, certification can be a complement.

4. This means that you are good at those skills, e.g. Usain Bolt doesn't have a degree in running, but he trained for over 20 years just to run for 10 seconds and be the fastest man.

5. So learn a skill, be it making the best suits, making the beast steak, or being a god in programming, app design, writing, website building, etc. You don't have to do the skills I mentioned, they are just examples.

6. But you must know also that you do not have the privilege of being selective or picky or doing your hobby. My hobby is sleeping at home and hope my account balance increases, but life doesn't work that way.

7. So it is about the formula that works, and skill-based professionals will always be sought after. Get your degree for the sake of it, but along the line, create time to perfect a skill, and then monetization is next.

8. But one that is easily accessible to all regardless of background is IT-related fields. So programming, designing, website building, animations, sketching, UI, etc., or creating IT solutions for business.

9. If you go to Udemy.com, there are some Nigerians teaching there, and they have students from all over the world paying for their courses. Even on YouTube, there are big Nigerian chefs selling courses in USD, and making thousands monthly.

10. It is about taking your destiny into your own hands. So you must first understand you don't have a country, and operate on that basis. So your flesh should be in Nigeria, but formulate your affairs in a way that your income does not depend on it.

11. Now all these might take you years to achieve, depending on the fire burning inside you, but if you are serious, it can take you two years, or even less.

12. Another advantage of a skill-based strategy is that it is less expensive. If you want to be a programmer, for example, you need only a laptop, free courses that are scattered online, and DRIVE. The drive is the most important thing.

13. You have to want it like you are dying tomorrow. And spend at least three hours (usually 8hours) on it every day. Elon Musk, for example, that man has more drive than me.

Go check out his working routine, and you will understand why some people are poor, and some are wealthy. Elon Musk is a man who sleeps on the Tesla factory floor, working round the clock, just to make use of every second in a 24-hour circle.

14. Such drive is what you need, and no forces on earth will be able to stop you. Even Nigeria, lol. Just make sure your skill is something transnational, so no barbing, painting, a vulcanizing. You can't export, duplicate, and scale such skills.

Thank you very much sir. This advice was really need right now in my life. God bless you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Old Age Won’t Affect My Job – Buhari / Buhari Hasn't Been To Any Public Events Where Presence Verifiable In Nigeria / Viewer Discretion: Latest Victims Of Hausa/fulani Marauders In PLATEAU State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.