Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,899 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats (36168 Views)

APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats / APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status / I’ll Flee Nigeria If APC Wins —Bode George (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by godunia(m): 10:10am On Apr 08, 2015
I recommend PDP merge with other political parties from other regions to form a mega party before 2019,maybe de may have a chance now that it has become a regional party I don't no ooo

1 Like

Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by hush15: 10:15am On Apr 08, 2015
seunfly:
See joy for my heart, PDP that usually override others in the house will now be override last me non existing party.

I want to see David mark sleeping or raising his hands and being override by the senate president.

Do you really think that is what it is all about?
We ought to balance the equation to check the incumbency. No relegate everything?

Now that APC is everywhere, how do you curb their excesses? Through protest cos I don't see that working? They are in charge of the military or security forces. Is it through votes as I don't see that working either cos they will be appointing INEC Umpires! Not even through the National Assembly itself as there dominate it already.

Even at State level, how do you tackle a governor who is misbehaving while all the assembly is same party members. The will just be settling themselves with tax payers monies and be sharing our collective resources...

Nigeria doesn't deserve any democracy. Military rule fits us better cos I don't see the difference with this one party system we about to go into.

Smh for Nigeria and Nigerians
Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by SeverusSnape(m): 10:25am On Apr 08, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I get sick in the stomach when I see folks like you lying against existing facts and statistics probably to massage your ego or please your pay masters.

I challenge you to contradict these facts...

North has always voted along ethnic and religious lines. All existing statistics and facts support this. Hence, they vote their own irrespective of party. PDP would have done far better in that region if the presidential election was separated from national assembly elections to whittle down bandwagon effect and illiteracy of voters especially on distinguishing and voting different platforms at same time.

While South South/ South east has been stronghold of PDP since 1999. They voted an Obj(Yoruba), a Yar'adua(Northerner), and Jonathan(Ijaw) all in PDP against Ojukwu and Ume-ezeoke(all their own) etc. So how does it translate to them voting along ethnic and religious lines. Be careful and stop blackmailing people.

Now, let's confront South-West pattern of voting. This ethnic group has voted along ethnic line since days of independence till now.

The South-West zone has 14,296,163 registered voters, which represents 19.44% of the total number of voters nationwide. In terms of national electoral strength, the
zone is number 2. Taking into account the electoral behaviour of the South-West since independence, the zone has proven itself, without exception, of incapable of
voting anyone other than its own. In the 1st Republic, it voted mainly Action Group in favour of Chief Obafemi Awolowo with about 69% voters’ turnout. In the 2nd Republic, it voted 78.75% of its total votes cast for UPN in favour of Chief Awolowo, with 70% voters’ turnout. In the June 12, 1993 presidential election, the pattern was repeated more or less the same, except that the total percentage of SDP’s votes in favour of Chief MKO
Abiola rose up to 84.5% in the zone. In the 1999 presidential election, mainly because the only two candidates for the presidency were both from the South-West, the zone’s voters’ turnout was abysmally low (48.09%) with about 68% of the votes cast to APP in
favour of Chief Olu Falaye. 2003 also recorded poor voters’ turnout with 71% of votes cast for Obasanjo’s PDP. In 2011, with no Southwestern candidate fielded by any of the major parties, the South-West voted PDP when a functional alliance with the CPC failed to field in Sen. Tinubu or his nominee. Besides, with the vicious experience of AD in 2003 when the PDP Federal Government uprooted its governments in five states of the zone, the South-West cannot now afford to risk having an opposition PDP government at the federal level again; certainly not after the hard pains and toils of forming the APC. It is therefore existential for the South-West to vote APC at the presidential election.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/politics/50349-2015-presidential-election-how-and-
why-pdp-will-lose

Thank you sir... Hope PassingShot read all these, It's a very myopic thing to say SE/SS voted based on sentiments, what about the Northerners that have been voting buhari since from 2003?....The only reason they won was because of SW support nothing more.

1 Like

Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by mechanics(m): 10:29am On Apr 08, 2015
teemanbastos:
a 1 party system nt gud..
Democracy would be weakened.
hmmm, why ar u bias, wen pdp was in control, u didnt complain, why nw, abeg allow apc to enjoy o.
Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by mechanics(m): 10:30am On Apr 08, 2015
seunmsg:
Good showing by the APC. Let's see how PDP will fare as an opposition party.
yes o, dey wil crumble.
Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by waternogetemeny: 10:31am On Apr 08, 2015
scholes0:

The funny part is that I keep saying Kogi West, and you keep saying Kogi.... as if they are the same (You have done that 2 times in a row now)
And What do you mean by the Fulani emir? That so called "Fulani" emir speaks Yoruba and Eats Amala like there is no tomorrow, or isn't it the same Ibrahim Kolapo you are talking about? And let us even assume The Emir has anything to do with the lawmakers, you do not realize that Ilorin is the only part of Yoruba speaking Kwara with the tendency to sway more towards a "Pan-Northern Nigeria agenda" ... which like i mentioned earlier, does not even exist anymore. Most Yoruba lawmakers from Kwara are same and same with others in the SW.

Anyways, why are we even talking ethnicity- it's all rubbish .... We should be looking forward to what the APC can do for Nigeria, and not bullshitting over how many Igbos, Fulani, Yoruba or Hausa are making up lawmakers.

Dont know wat u mean by ethnicity, i am talking political party. APC is a fraud, people will soon find dat out.
Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 08, 2015
teemanbastos:
a 1 party system nt gud..
Democracy would be weakened.
...you are not a good student of Nigerian politics-Nigeria is not a one-party state,the country is not even two-party state;it's a multy party state of 14 political parties...
Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by teemanbastos(m): 10:52am On Apr 08, 2015
Omotolu:
...you are not a good student of Nigerian politics-Nigeria is not a one-party state,the country is not even two-party state;it's a multy party state of 14 political parties...
and how many posts ave d 14 parties acquired?
Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by pazienza(m): 10:54am On Apr 08, 2015
So, APC now has lawmakers from Imo, let's see if they will give them the speaker position,time to expose APC as a tribal/ regional party, their hullabaloo about not producing a SE senator they would have made a Senate president in their dreams is going to be exposed. *grins*

By the way, I am loving Wike's "take no prisoner" approach in Rivers, he is slaying APC and Amaechi there, it's a political massacre, the genocide will be completed come April 11. Wike is the future of PDP, he and Akpabio, they don't do child's play, they ball hard! *grins*
Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by pazienza(m): 11:05am On Apr 08, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I get sick in the stomach when I see folks like you lying against existing facts and statistics probably to massage your ego or please your pay masters.

I challenge you to contradict these facts...

North has always voted along ethnic and religious lines. All existing statistics and facts support this. Hence, they vote their own irrespective of party. PDP would have done far better in that region if the presidential election was separated from national assembly elections to whittle down bandwagon effect and illiteracy of voters especially on distinguishing and voting different platforms at same time.

While South South/ South east has been stronghold of PDP since 1999. They voted an Obj(Yoruba), a Yar'adua(Northerner), and Jonathan(Ijaw) all in PDP against Ojukwu and Ume-ezeoke(all their own) etc. So how does it translate to them voting along ethnic and religious lines. Be careful and stop blackmailing people.

Now, let's confront South-West pattern of voting. This ethnic group has voted along ethnic line since days of independence till now.

The South-West zone has 14,296,163 registered voters, which represents 19.44% of the total number of voters nationwide. In terms of national electoral strength, the
zone is number 2. Taking into account the electoral behaviour of the South-West since independence, the zone has proven itself, without exception, of incapable of
voting anyone other than its own. In the 1st Republic, it voted mainly Action Group in favour of Chief Obafemi Awolowo with about 69% voters’ turnout. In the 2nd Republic, it voted 78.75% of its total votes cast for UPN in favour of Chief Awolowo, with 70% voters’ turnout. In the June 12, 1993 presidential election, the pattern was repeated more or less the same, except that the total percentage of SDP’s votes in favour of Chief MKO
Abiola rose up to 84.5% in the zone. In the 1999 presidential election, mainly because the only two candidates for the presidency were both from the South-West, the zone’s voters’ turnout was abysmally low (48.09%) with about 68% of the votes cast to APP in
favour of Chief Olu Falaye. 2003 also recorded poor voters’ turnout with 71% of votes cast for Obasanjo’s PDP. In 2011, with no Southwestern candidate fielded by any of the major parties, the South-West voted PDP when a functional alliance with the CPC failed to field in Sen. Tinubu or his nominee. Besides, with the vicious experience of AD in 2003 when the PDP Federal Government uprooted its governments in five states of the zone, the South-West cannot now afford to risk having an opposition PDP government at the federal level again; certainly not after the hard pains and toils of forming the APC. It is therefore existential for the South-West to vote APC at the presidential election.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/politics/50349-2015-presidential-election-how-and-
why-pdp-will-lose

Thank you for this, I just bookmarked it.
Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by mikedef(m): 11:08am On Apr 08, 2015
a true democracy needs a viable opposition to ensure checks and balances. knowing our politicians, the death of pdp will just mean mass migration to the apc which will bring us back to square one of "business as usual" where national interest will be relegated to the backseat. hopefully the pdp will use this regime of minority to engage the incoming-ruling party on national issues under the watch of the nigerian masses (who retain the ultimate power in a democratic system) so that come 2019, all parties will give account of their stewardship. this is the way to go. God bless Nigeria
Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by Chigold101(m): 11:09am On Apr 08, 2015
Inkman:

okay i should agree with you
but i dont see pdp rising up to the occasion
APC is 3 in one party. Maybe other parties might join force to form another party just as CPC, ACN & ANPP did.

I really wish Nigeria is a two party state... Seriously
Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by seeker121(m): 11:13am On Apr 08, 2015
PDP will need to TRANSFORM to another party or else they will continue to loose because average nigerian dislike hearing that name.

CHANGE
Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by pazienza(m): 11:18am On Apr 08, 2015
seeker121:
PDP will need to TRANSFORM to another party or else they will continue to loose because average nigerian dislike hearing that name.

CHANGE

By average Nigerian, I know you meant average Yorubas and Northerners. Now that makes sense!
Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by pazienza(m): 11:23am On Apr 08, 2015
But, I still can't believe that Ndi imo is allowing APC take a foothold in Igboland, this is so unlike the Eastern heartland, what exactly is wrong with peeps from there? How can they allow this to happen?

The only advantage of that APC imo win is that it is going to afford Ndiigbo an opportunity to see APC for what it really is, an Arewa-Odua gang up. Watch out for the speaker position, if they can't give those imolites the speaker, which I know they can't *grins*, how then were they planning to give Ngige the Senate president? Umunnaa, unu ana afukwa? Onye aghogbu, ka Agbaa!
Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 08, 2015
teemanbastos:
and how many posts ave d 14 parties acquired?
...the numbers of posts do not count.the fact the numerous political parties don't occupy any post do not reduce its relevance...
Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by Inkman(m): 11:51am On Apr 08, 2015
Chigold101:
APC is 3 in one party. Maybe other parties might join force to form another party just as CPC, ACN & ANPP did.

I really wish Nigeria is a two party state... Seriously

hmm so pdp should merge with othe parties like kowa apga aa ncp lp sdp npp upp etc
Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by MarcB: 11:58am On Apr 08, 2015
Its clear that the interest of the North and south are completely different.... Split the nation let the north have there islmic state and the south her Christian nation. We don't like ourselves we'll always hate ourselves. Housa,igbo and Niger delta. The yorubas we knw were they belong : personal interest. The 2015 elections is the worst of all elections...the malpractice just too sophisticated
Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by ollyruffy: 12:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
This is what FFK caused when he was leading a campaign of hatred and division.

You presented a candiddate (GEJ) from the minority against a candidate (GMB) from the majority and you are campaigning along religious, tribal, hatred lines. Then you expect to win. You must be joking.

I wonder which planet FFK came from.

1 Like

Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by ibietela2(m): 12:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
ollah1:

It's difficult tho but it will make things strict or they could only decamp to another party based on some rules. And those rules will be one heck of dem rules

Who is going to make the rules?
Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 08, 2015
semid4lyfe:
This is the result of conducting the House of Representatives and Senate elections on the same day with the Presidential.

Most of the elected APC members just rode on the APC/Buhari wave to victory. If the House of Rep and Senate elections were done on different days, I tell you the outcome would have been different as the battles would have been more localized and there wouldn't have been that bandwagon effect

Nigeria is descending into a one party state and my intuition is the APC won't be quite as tolerant of opposition as the Jonathan led PDP was.

For the sake of democracy in Nigeria, I hope the PDP puts up a better showing in the Governorship and State House of Assembly elections.
In my view, the Presidential should be the last election. It could be combined with the gubernatorial election.
Jega did relatively well in his organization of the polls, but the next INEC chair should schedule the National Assembly elections first, to avoid any possible bandwagon effect.
Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
pazienza:
But, I still can't believe that Ndi imo is allowing APC take a foothold in Igboland, this is so unlike the Eastern heartland, what exactly is wrong with peeps from there? How can they allow this to happen?

The only advantage of that APC imo win is that it is going to afford Ndiigbo an opportunity to see APC for what it really is, an Arewa-Odua gang up. Watch out for the speaker position, if they can't give those imolites the speaker, which I know they can't *grins*, how then were they planning to give Ngige the Senate president? Umunnaa, unu ana afukwa? Onye aghogbu, ka Agbaa!
Bros, the best those 3 Imo Reps should hope for is the Deputy speakership or majority leader. Tinubu is too shrewd to freeze out the Imo Reps from any principal post.
Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by pazienza(m): 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
CFCfan:

Bros, the best those 3 Imo Reps should hope for is the Deputy speakership or majority leader. Tinubu is too shrewd to freeze out the Imo Reps from any principal post.

Oh,that's the best they can offer? They can't offer speaker position, but they want us to believe they would have offered Ngige the Senate presidency? not that I didn't know they are incapable of doing that, but I had to point it out for the naive Igbos out there, who have refused to wake up to reality, but are stuck in a fantasy world.

Thanks anyway. Tinubu is too shrewd to allow an Igbo speaker emergence, that is what your post should have read. And I agree.
Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
pazienza:

Oh,that's the best they can offer? They can't offer speaker position, but they want us to believe they would have offered Ngige the Senate presidency? not that I didn't know they are incapable of doing that, but I had to point it out for the naive Igbos out there, who have refused to wake up to reality, but are stuck in a fantasy world.

Thanks anyway. Tinubu is too shrewd to allow an Igbo speaker emergence, that is what your post should have read. And I agree.
And some folks believed that Soludo would be Finance minister in Buhari's govt grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: APC Wins 214 House Of Reps’ Seats by patpeypey: 10:40pm On Apr 09, 2015
tyson99:

when PDP was ruling the whole country one party system was good then abi

Quit dis ur weed smoking

After you my brother!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obiano Stops To Rescue Accident Victim (Photos) / Thugs Beat Seidu Oshiomhole, Edo Lawmakers-Elect / Obasanjo Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As Buhari's Running Mate, But He Refused - Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.