Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,859 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari (2373 Views)

Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo / Disqualification: APC & Buhari Reject Court's Orders Of Service / Pastors Collected N6b To Campaign Against APC, Buhari – Amaechi Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by milestonejnr(m): 6:20am On Apr 08, 2015
President-elect,Gen.Buhari has called on all Igbos to forgive Oba Akiolu and move on.He said Fashola has done a great job so far and it's in the interest of all to vote APC.Speaking at a rally in Lagos yesterday, he said.

“I admire what your governor has done in terms of mobilising revenue to sustain Lagos development. I have a lot of respect for Governor Fashola for his hard work, commitment to the state and the country. There is no doubt that Lagos is a mini-Nigeria. We are all here and it has been mentioned by previous speakers that everybody (tribe) is adequately represented in Lagos.“So, I assure you. If you vote for the continuity of APC in Lagos, you stand to gain more. It is in your interest that you vote for the APC....

“Please when you go home tell your neighbours, relatives and even the opposition to please bury the hatchet. Let them fall in line and vote the APC.
“When we were coming in our bus, Fashola told me how Lagos State had been spending to maintain the federal infrastructure here such as buildings, roads and other institutions. I had promised before that if I won the election and became the President, I would make Lagos my priority. Governor Fashola is already holding to me to that promise so I would like the incoming governor to listen carefully and make sure he makes me honour my undertaking.

The National Chairman of the APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, said Lagos was responsible for building the opposition and ensuring that it finally took control of the centre.

He said it would be a great injustice for Lagos to become an opposition state after working so hard to build a bright future.

http://www.gistalive.com/2015/04/igbos-forgive-oba-akiolu-and-vote-for.html
Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by SerialMan: 6:22am On Apr 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by Bawsse(m): 6:23am On Apr 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by nzeadachie: 6:26am On Apr 08, 2015
THE FAILED POLICE OFFICER MUST APOLOGIZE TO IGBOS

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by emmasege: 6:32am On Apr 08, 2015
Kiki hypocrites gbogbo. Abuja deserved a change & so does Lagos. God of heaven will disappoint u on saturday. Two out of the 3 most important commercial states will fall into the hands of PDP-Lagos & Rivers. You are free to go jump into the Atlantic ocean afterwards.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by efilefun(m): 6:36am On Apr 08, 2015
My Presido don yarn the koko, Sai baba

JIMI AGBAJE
** You want to remove Lekki Toll Gate, Yet Airport Toll Gate own By FG Is milking Lagosians Dry.
** You promised 150,000 housing units, yet Jonathan could only build 30,000(at a cost of 2million = N3 Trillion Naira. Where u wan see the money @N467 billion Lagos yearly budget).
** You Promised to reduce tax, Yet Jonathan set up tax review which suggested increase in taxes(Moreover, Jaykay Pharmacy pay tax ni?)
** You want to abolish Lastma, Kai, Lamata etc, Yet Ferma, Sure-P, etc held sway in your party.
** You want to pay Lagos Worker Minimum wage, as "Governor to be" did you ask the workers if they are not already enjoying N18,760.00 In Lagos.
** You said you will stop the Public Private Partnership used to build the Ikoyi Link Road, where will you raise 29Billion to make repayment. Moreover, your PDP Federal Government signed PPP agreement to build 2nd Niger bridge for N129 Billion.
Jimi Agbaje, why are you promising what you know you cannot reverse to win cheap votes?
Jimi Agbaje, what do you really have for Lagosians?
Jimi Agbaje, Why are you pitting Igbos against Lagosians?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by Boss13: 6:38am On Apr 08, 2015
Buhari you need to address this tribal and ethnic issue or it is a time bomb waiting to explode.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by QuotaSystem: 6:40am On Apr 08, 2015
What a LEADER!

Taking charge and mediating in the interest of peace even BEFORE he assumes office.

Sai Buhari!

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by Welrez(m): 6:41am On Apr 08, 2015
What is good for the centre is good for Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by jimi4us: 6:46am On Apr 08, 2015
igbos don't listen to malams, its forbidden. *spits*

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by Texcoco(m): 6:46am On Apr 08, 2015
It will be foolhardy if we don't take Akiolu's word for it....We must show Nigerians that we cannot be stopped by threats,we must thumb our noses at Akiolu for posterity because incidences like this will still occur until we show morons like Akiolu and his minions some lesson.We must put down markers that no one has the monopoly of violence or threats,we must prove to the APC hierachy that you cannot offord to take the igbos for granted.Like the outrage following Charlie hebdo,Kenyan massacre etc we must come out in our hundreds of thousands in protest votes and change the course of Lagos.We must come out and exercise our civic duty because the power lies in our PVC. Akiolu doesn't have to apologise but he must get a reaction,a nasty response at the polls we gurantee him.......Our strenght is in our massive numbers.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by afoo02(m): 6:49am On Apr 08, 2015
emmasege:
Kiki hypocrites gbogbo. Abuja deserved a change & so does Lagos. God of heaven will disappoint u on saturday. Two out of the 3 most important commercial states will fall into the hands of PDP-Lagos & Rivers. You are free to go jump into the Atlantic ocean afterwards.
Lagos and Rivers can never be won by PDP in a free and fair election, and if PDP try to rig it, APC will take it back through judiciary.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by frankyychiji(f): 6:55am On Apr 08, 2015
The real eaters of the cake are on their knees begging Igbos in Lagos to forgive and forget while their internet cyber rodents are busy spewing rubbish and regurgitating same on NL.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by lionness(f): 7:00am On Apr 08, 2015
The Yorubas faced more than verbal attacks from GEJ regime. APC was called a Yoruba party, any pro-APC candidate is called Tinubu's cronies, and the entire race was wrapped up as a slaving tribe for the North. As we can all see, the intent and desire of every single Yoruba is a unified political front, a matured one, where we are recognized and fully represented. To my Ibo brothers, the Oba made a terrible blunder by uttering those unguarded statement, but as horrible as they seem, every Yoruba and Ibo have said worse to themselves openly, and on nairaland, and I am extremely distressed if this is the excuse the Igbos are looking for to vote for Agbaje. When did Agbaje become an Ibo man? And when did electioneering become all about sentiments, tribalism, ill-feeling or hate or religion? My Ibo people made this blunder by putting their entire eggs into the PDP basket, and we all know where that leaves you right now. Please, dont repeat this same error in Lagos, and stack your votes for the opposition and in the end, suffer after Ambode wins. It wouldnt bode well if he wins, knowing how much the Ibos wanted him to lose, and this would lead to a lot of regression on the Ibos political foray in Lagos State, a state I believe would be having an Ibo governor in the foreseeable future. Please, lets be matured, grow beyond mere pettiness and act in a politically matured manner. The King made a blunder, he's a king, and not god, and we should learn to forgive...afterall, that is the spirit of Chrisainity, a religion that's the fort of the Ibos. Ibo Kwenu! I hail!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 08, 2015
Texcoco:
It will be foolhardy if we don't take Akiolu's word for it....We must show Nigerians that we cannot be stopped by threats,we must thumb our noses at Akiolu for posterity because incidences like this will still occur until we show morons like Akiolu and his minions some lesson.We must put down markers that no one has the monopoly of violence or threats,we must prove to the APC hierachy that you cannot offord to take the igbos for granted.Like the outrage following Charlie hebdo,Kenyan massacre etc we must come out in our hundreds of thousands in protest votes and change the course of Lagos.We must come out and exercise our civic duty because the power lies in our PVC. Akiolu doesn't have to apologise but he must get a reaction,a nasty response at the polls we gurantee him.......Our strenght is in our massive numbers.

What excites your nerves in being a staunch tribalist robot?! I'm sure you had already made up your mind even before the Oba made a mistake of saying what he said. I know the Oba's mistake will not stop literate and civil Igbos from voting for Ambode.

Going by what Agbaje said, the Federal and state government have to be in the same party to give Lagos state the best ground for ideal federal support and thus, development. Now is the time to take his advice.

I pledge to be an agent of development!

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by DaBullIT(m): 7:03am On Apr 08, 2015
[size=18pt]The Embodiment of peace and calm G.M.Buhari has spoken

Ndi Igbo Kwenu !!!!!

He don do ,Ndo, sorry , Make una no vex make una see the man wey talk am as comedian , Even if na PDP dey put fire for this matter, make una show PDP say john bull don mature , make them carry propaganda go

Oya make una chop knuckle
[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by dunkem21(m): 7:10am On Apr 08, 2015
Texcoco:

Well said.

Most of this news is fake. Take with a pinch of salt.
Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 08, 2015
nzeadachie:
THE FAILED POLICE OFFICER MUST APOLOGIZE TO IGBOS

And you honestly think he will apologize?

Doing will make him a coward and that's a stain to the throne. Some Nigerians have said far worse things and they didn't apologize, u then expect an apology from a king.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by lolababe331e: 7:17am On Apr 08, 2015
emmasege:

Who is the hypocrite if not jk who said one thing when he thought GEJ would win and now he is trying to backtrack

1 Like

Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by Johnolis(m): 7:35am On Apr 08, 2015
angry angry angry angry
Chaiii,this is cluelessness personified,mr. President elect,Nigerians didnt vote you to make Lagos your priority,we voted for you to make the whole of Nigeria your priority.
Secondly,why are they all on their knees begging us to change our mind,i thought they claimed our number is insignificant in Lagos.
This really shows that lagos is a no man's land or better still the igbos are the real owners and movers of lagos.imagine Apc has to hire a whole president to be to beg us as damage control.
Well,that is very good.
With my pvc in my right hand,my life jacket in my left hand,I cant wait for the lagoon swimming party with my fellow igbos to start.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by bewla(m): 7:35am On Apr 08, 2015
poster above me u no try post this thing on all trend
Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by bewla(m): 7:37am On Apr 08, 2015
lolababe331e:

Who is the hypocrite if not jk who said one thing when he thought GEJ would win and now he is trying to backtrack
post that thing on all topic and trend we most not lose lagos
Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by dayo23(f): 7:40am On Apr 08, 2015
Ibos feelin relevant, well on saturday it is Ambode or no one else period!

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by dayo23(f): 7:44am On Apr 08, 2015
Texcoco:
Come Saturday We shall see who laugh last
Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by bewla(m): 7:53am On Apr 08, 2015
Johnolis:
angry angry angry angry
Chaiii,this is cluelessness personified,mr. President elect,Nigerians didnt vote you to make Lagos your priority,we voted for you to make the whole of Nigeria your priority.
Secondly,why are they all on their knees begging us to change our mind,i thought they claimed our number is insignificant in Lagos.
This really shows that lagos is a no man's land or better still the igbos are the real owners and movers of lagos.imagine Apc has to hire a whole president to be to beg us as damage control.
Well,that is very good.
With my pvc in my right hand,my life jacket in my left hand,I cant wait for the lagoon swimming party with my fellow igbos to start.
y waist money send u to school if this what u become at the end of the day u think u are much olodo politics is game of number if u are much what abut the order tribe like kogi Benue Hausa Edo delta nd even the Yoruba that want to vote for Jimi that y u need all u can get or u people still believe u are more then the Yoruba here in Lagos try what u just say to a Hausa in is home land u b the nest meat on fire .
engige beg u okorochas beg u just one A P C senator so that your interest will b represent una no gree now una they lose without no in no vote make we win and find out una plan we go no were to place u people
Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by phiszo(m): 7:54am On Apr 08, 2015
whether the igbos vote ambode or not, Ambode will still win.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by 99100(m): 8:03am On Apr 08, 2015
phiszo:
If u believe the post up there , u will also believe that your grand-mother is a virgin.
Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by Wendyslim(f): 8:04am On Apr 08, 2015
Igbo or no Igbo. Ambode 2015. Baba buhari no worry ur self change is constant

1 Like

Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by DaGC(m): 8:06am On Apr 08, 2015
Enough of all the 'igbo' ish. If they are not relevant like most Nairalanders usually say, then let them be.
Its sickening that some people here tried to justify what the Oba said. If they are irrelevant, then let them be. Instead of others begging and appealing to the Igbos, it would have been prudent for the palace spokesperson to issue an apologetic statement for damage control. It irks me when I see Nigerians insulting the Oba because of that speech, even kids. Let him respect these people's choice and they will respect the throne back.

Leaders of Traditional, religious, multinational corporations, institutions etc should be politically neutral. Call a spade a spade!!!. I even feel for the Agbaje guy sef. Your king clearly not supporting you.

Let all Lagosians go out on Saturday and vote for their various choices. All these polity heating up will end in no good for everyone.

#PeacefulNigeria
#UnitedNigeria
Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by Johnolis(m): 8:08am On Apr 08, 2015
phiszo:
Then,why are they begging us to change our mind.
Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by 99100(m): 8:11am On Apr 08, 2015
jimi4us:
igbos don't listen to malams, its forbidden. *spits*

Gbam!!
Re: Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari by Sweetyie(f): 8:12am On Apr 08, 2015
i luv jimi Agbaje. everybody loves jimi Agbaje (singing)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Digging Out The Tanoids: Season 6 / U.S Declare That Nigeria Is The Most Important Country In Africa / German Tv Interviews A Biafran About There Readiness For Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.