Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Must An Educationist Serve In A School & Not Ministry? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Must An Educationist Serve In A School & Not Ministry? (1445 Views)

Taraba State: The Worst Place To Serve (NYSC) / Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics / NYSC: 8 Reasons Why You Should Serve In A Rural Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must An Educationist Serve In A School & Not Ministry? by owhizkid: 1:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
Hello,
My friends & I are arguing over this. We even bet money, so I decided to bring it over to the "FAMILY OF NAIRALAND".
I studied Physics Education, not out of passion for teaching but because I'm passionate about learning & honestly I'm tired of staying at home.
Maybe my efforts at PUME was not enough (but sha dats a matter for another day).
Now, I'm a graduate about to go for service but I don't want to do my PPA in a school. So I was discussing wit my friends & I was told dat so long as I studied Education. I must be posted in a school.
Pls, guys is this TRUE

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must An Educationist Serve In A School & Not Ministry? by Idboyostic(m): 8:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
owhizkid:
Hello,
My friends & I are arguing over this. We even bet money, so I decided to bring it over to the "FAMILY OF NAIRALAND".
I studied Physics Education, not out of passion for teaching but because I'm passionate about learning & honestly I'm tired of staying at home.
Maybe my efforts at PUME was not enough (but sha dats a matter for another day).
Now, I'm a graduate about to go for service but I don't want to do my PPA in a school. So I was discussing wit my friends & I was told dat so long as I studied Education. I must be posted in a school.
Pls, guys is this TRUE
bro, not @ all. I got friends that studied education presently serving in the ministry (ministry of education Ilorin).....while I got a friend serving in Pencom Abuja that read Economics Education..... Though it's connection while for some it's just luck but basically if you know someone..... You won't have a problem working in the ministry.

Nevertheless, most people do get schools as their place of primary assignment with the exception of doctors and the medical line (Note: not all of them because I got a friend that is a doctor serving in a school but majority of them do get hospitals) and their is every tendencies that you and those your friends will be posted to schools but you can always reject it for a better place of primary assignment (that is where the who knows who comes into play) but you might be lucky to get a ministry but the probability is 1 out of 10

Well, if you need prove so you can win the bet. Just pass me my share (lol) and i will send you screen grab of their posting letter
Re: Must An Educationist Serve In A School & Not Ministry? by owhizkid: 8:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
Idboyostic:
bro, not @ all. I got friends that studied education presently serving in the ministry (ministry of education Ilorin).....while I got a friend serving in Pencom Abuja that read Economics Education..... Though it's connection while for some it's just luck but basically if you know someone..... You won't have a problem working in the ministry.

Well, if you need prove so you can win the bet. Just pass me my share (lol) and i will send you screen grab of their posting letter

Thanks Bro. At least you don give me Hope
Re: Must An Educationist Serve In A School & Not Ministry? by Idboyostic(m): 8:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
owhizkid:

Thanks Bro. At least you don give me Hope
No too raise your hope sha but wait ooo.... Wey my own share of the bet money?
Re: Must An Educationist Serve In A School & Not Ministry? by owhizkid: 9:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
No worry.. Just send your account details to Oluwaseun Osewa

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Allowee Increasment / . / Corpers How Much Is Your April Allowee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.