Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism (71568 Views)

"I Can Make You Rich, Happy & Popular" Church Sign Post In Port Harcourt (Pic) / Helen Oritsejafor Lies On The Rug In Church As Choristers Sing (p / Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:41am On Apr 09, 2015
Niceyenuf:
My favorite artiste is gospel rapper Lecrae and he sings love songs too. Please you guys give us a break! Una know wetin these gospel artiste dey do? Choir members nko? Does the fact that you know what a choir member does give you the right to take the mic from them when they are ministering? Even if pastor no invite Korede, how many of you before them even invite am no dey sing him other songs? Abeg too much hypocrisy. You know you listen to secular songs that don't glorify God, yet you condemn somebody that came to glorify God with what he has. I listen to only gospel songs and this song glorifies God so what's the big deal. If you can praise God with it in your privacy knowing it was sung by a secular artiste, why can't you do it in public with the artiste present? Think outside the box please.
you are wrong sis,
There should be a definition btw gospel artist & secular musicians.
That's why most secular musicians can't sing most of their tracks in the church.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Baboo13(m): 11:41am On Apr 09, 2015
RebelChip:
Nawa oo.... Gradually, worldliness may over run the so called church. I guess Don Jazzy's plan is working! Korrect IGBO Man. Tapping into the resources of Rich Nigerian pastors since the time of Christ!

Meanwhile from Lagos;

Hahahahaha
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by yomifowe(m): 12:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
naijainfogalery:
In my Religious mind, well i cant judge He sang that song to praise God and In Gods Kingdom there is no segregation, Afterall Solomon sang some of the best love song ever and its there writtin in the Bible

And In my normal mind This is simple arithmetic

Some Churches are not really Gods house to promote Gods kingdom, they are glorified Business Center set up not to save souls but to make money. So for the church its just a mere performance no strings attached. Girls Shake body , pay more offering, pastor hammer case closed
Bros that's called BLASPHEMY. Who made you a judge of the Church (Body of Christ). Be careful about what you say about God's people.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by AUSTINE509: 12:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
To be straight forward korede is not suppose to perform that song on the alter because,even though it's titled Godwin,there're still some lyrics line that doesn't glorify God's want'. The pastor need to say the truth irrespective of anybody's opinion.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by mizzyboy007: 1:24pm On Apr 09, 2015
ClassyAdewumi:
are you high or something.. If your church invites wizkid to come and sing ojuelegba, are you gona be ok with it? Think bro! U no even geh bwain sef.
I just realized you've probably not even listened to the song. so because he is a celebrity.... he shouldn't sing gospel music? u are a monkey.

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
He should not perform the song in church because he is a secular artiste but some of you lie, steal, cheat, fornicate and still lift up holy hands in church, some are even choir leaders. What is the altar? What is church, Is church the building or the people. Does God live at the altar or in our hearts? Smh for some 'religious' people, always quick to condemn. He should not sing in church bla bla. Is the song about him or God. Who is being glorified here. With the things that some of us do, we should not condemn this boy or ban him from praising His God even in church.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by oluwashedy: 1:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
Be ye not unequally yoked wif unbelievers
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by philmen(m): 1:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
its a big mistake for the church to have invited him, simple.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
If you've never sang a secular song in your life before, then, you can condemn him. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by diamondbridge: 1:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
[quote author=cocokiller1 post=32491416] cheesy after Godwin dat is quite manageable ,him go come sing its cold outside followed by african princess nd den 123
y ddnt d church invite a gospel artiste instead
na money matter so make dem free d boy

Lol
can imagine hw d godwin started
korede bello
its don jazzy again
omo lope
doromegasuperstar
oh na na
I don change my name to godwin
LOL
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by cataleyah(f): 2:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
That he sings wordly songs doesn't make him a sinner so we shouldn't judge him.Dats my own opinion shall ooo.

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by crowntoro(f): 2:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
Christuans are too quick to judge

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by ClassyAdewumi(m): 3:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
mizzyboy007:
I just realized you've probably not even listened to the song. so because he is a celebrity.... he shouldn't sing gospel music? u are a monkey.
Godwin is a gospel song? You are a gay!
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by windowxp5(m): 3:38pm On Apr 09, 2015
mizzyboy007:
shut up ur dirty mouth.... u are what is wrong with the world.

on what ground should he shut up his mouth even if the mouth was dirty?
he had just said the truth that must be told.

if you think otherwise, that is fact.

the gospel of Christ is not base on fact rather on truth
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Bexson: 4:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:

Soon, you ll Starr drawling saliva!
Because of you?
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by starkidstarz: 4:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
holatin:
the world is going insane

soon timaya or terry G will be invited to sing in a church
why am I even surprise ? saint Janet do perform at church

which church saint janet perform 4 abi na ur church she perform 4 ba?
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by holatin(m): 4:57pm On Apr 09, 2015
starkidstarz:

which church saint janet perform 4 abi na ur church she perform 4 ba?
cele church, one in ahmadiah and d oda at abule egba
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by omortoyosi01(m): 8:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
Opey4luv:
And what's wrong with the church having a little bit of Godly fun?

grin grin grin
idiot fellow
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by mexzony: 10:23pm On Apr 09, 2015
I may not be holy and born again but one thing i do know is that the bible clearly states how a christian should behave and trust me you have to be holy to the core or not holy at all.
Once you do things that are not of God it you are not of God simple.
Even a gospel artist may sing gospel songs but if you are not BORN AGAIN you are decieving your self.
There is a reason why it is said that judgement will start in the house of God.
God has said that he will not lower his standard for any reason or for anyone and so if we as humans set our own standard instead of following Gods set standard then we are decieving ourselfs.
Korede bello should not have performed in the church.
Let so called true Christians go back to the word of God.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Medunah: 11:48am On Apr 10, 2015
Emodeee:

ugly hair style, ugly girl.
ah swr, i didnt see u b4 following u back angry
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Emodeee: 12:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
Medunah:

ah swr, i didnt see u b4 following u back angry

Cn u cum again? Btw, I initially complimented ur hair on one thread like dat bt since u ignored ma compliment by nt replying, I had to lambast u to get ya attention cheesy
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Medunah: 12:39pm On Apr 10, 2015
Emodeee:

Cn u cum again? Btw, I initially complimented ur hair on one thread like dat bt since u ignored ma compliment by nt replying, I had to lambast u to get ya attention cheesy

lol uhmm, dat ws a slip, i meant i didnt see dat comment b4 following back (was kidding though) i followd bck on purpose..........yeah saw dat, tnx smiley
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Emodeee: 12:45pm On Apr 10, 2015
Medunah:

lol uhmm, dat ws a slip, i meant i didnt see dat comment b4 following back (was kidding though) i followd bck on purpose..........yeah saw dat, tnx smiley

Uwc darling. Is ya e-mail active atm? Let's switch dere. Gat a lot to talk abt.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Medunah: 12:52pm On Apr 10, 2015
Emodeee:

Uwc darling. Is ya e-mail active atm? Let's switch dere. Gat a lot to talk abt.
i wish but my gmail acct was disabled
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Emodeee: 12:56pm On Apr 10, 2015
Medunah:

i wish but my gmail acct was disabled

Make u use style drop ya number 4 here lah, dem no go c am. I ll erase dis post after collecting it.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Medunah: 1:01pm On Apr 10, 2015
Emodeee:

Make u use style drop ya number 4 here lah, dem no go c am. I ll erase dis post after collecting it.
i'll pass on that one but u can always tell me waheva u wan on here

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Emodeee: 1:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
Medunah:

i'll pass on that one but u can always tell me waheva u wan on here

U ll pass on d number? M waiting, u knw dere r some confidential things dat cannot be discussed here.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Iyamar(f): 7:37am On Apr 11, 2015
franksam2009:
must you squeeze your mouth before you snap pix? (u ugly sha)

Hehehehe Na u get ur mouth.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by InMyOpinion(m): 11:42am On Apr 11, 2015
lupey:
Some people should please chill. He didn't sing about obscenities. Its about tge song and who its glorifying, not necessarily the instrument through which its delivered!

Who is Lupey voting for today?? smiley
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by Festorich(m): 8:40am On Apr 14, 2015
rsleeky:
I was at d lekki branch d evening he came to perform n I don't c anytin bad dere btw he shared his story @d gbagada branch I tink of how he got born again, he gave his life to christ cos he used to b a muslim actually....he thrilled d audience n he danced well....IMO its not a bad tin to invite him to a church to perform dat song. Btw d guy is rily cute nt just on tv but also off tv
Hmm...so how did you guys reacted to the part he said..
'We go pop Champaign'?

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by girlking(f): 3:27pm On May 14, 2015
mkoabiola:

Me n u na ds same ooo
But wat ur reason ,feel free n I wil share mine
Lots of reasons. Top on my list I am not interested in going to Heaven. My heaven would be when I die, I die, full stop. One life is more than enough for me. So I decided to follow the religion or irreligion with my heaven. You?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Private Jet Photos / Nigerian Pastors Who Predicted 2015 Elections Outcome Woefully / Pastor Adeboye Uses Wooden Staff For Miracles [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.