Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC (4956 Views)

Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki / BREAKING NEWS: Patience Joanthan ARRESTED On The Order Of Buhari / What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by siraj1402(m): 8:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
Outgoing President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, has told the embattled Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state to resign now or face the inevitable option of impeachment by the 19 lawmakers of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Jonathan was said to have told Fayose that the time of impunity in Nigeria is over and that he (Jonathan) is committed to the rule of law. “As you can see, I am already packing my personal belongings out of the Villa, back to my Village, I cannot influence any process, we must allow the law to run its full course, we cannot continue to disrupt due process, that is not good for the country.”

According to a source, Fayose (and the Ondo state Governor, Olusegun MImiko) were deliberately absent at the post election meeting held with Jonathan in Aso Rock because of the dismal performance of the PDP in the South West despite the last-minute huge investment and the promises that the zone will be delivered to the party.

The 19 All Progressives Congress lawmakers in the Ekiti State House of Assembly have begun moves that may lead to impeachment proceedings against Governor Ayodele Fayose.

The factional Speaker of the Ekiti state House of Assembly, Dr Adewale Omirin, had last week,forwarded a notice of gross misconduct to the governor, a copy of the notice was also sent to his deputy, Dr. Olusola Eleka.

But Fayose in his characteristic manner said the APC lawmakers should stop acting like “jesters”, describing the purported impeachment notice as the “joke of the century.”

According to him, the script being acted by the APC is a failed one because no one, no matter how highly placed, will be allowed to test the will of the Ekiti people.

In the letter by the 19 lawmakers titled, “Re: Notice of Allegations of Gross Misconduct,” sent to Fayose, the APC lawmakers listed eight impeachable offences against the governor. These offences bordered on impunity, brigandage, stalking and other constitutional breaches.

These included alleged invasion of the House of Assembly with thugs and miscreants, instigating an unconstitutional takeover of the House by seven legislators to sit in contravention of Section 96(2) of the 1999 Constitution, and prevention of the 19 APC legislators from performing their duties with the use of security agents and armed thugs.

Other allegations listed in the notice are: sponsoring an unlawful impeachment process in the house, spending Ekiti State funds without the requisite constitutional approval in contravention of the constitution and running the government without legally constituted Executive Council in contravention of Section 192(2) of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

They also accused the governor of operating an illegal 2014 budget as well as sponsoring and instigating illegal sitting of the House in contravention of Section 96(1) of the Constitution.

It was also learnt that moves by the embattled Governor Fayose, who published some death-wish adverts against the candidacy of the President-elect, Gen Muhammadu Buhari, to seek a truce with Buhari has hit brick walls.

Fayose was said to have sent some emissaries through some traditional rulers in Ekiti state to help him appeal to Buhari for forgiveness, saying that his attacks on him were not personal but part of politicking.

The Supreme Court has also reserved ruling till April 14 in the appeal find by the APC in Ekiti state challenging the emergence of Fayose as governor in the June 21, governorship polls, in which the PDP won in all the 16 local governments of the state.

http://naijapolitica.com/2015/04/07/joanthan-urges-the-embattled-gov-fayose-to-resign-or-face-the-inevitable-option-of-impeachment-by-apc/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by siraj1402(m): 9:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
Issue

1 Like

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by ammyluv2002(f): 9:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
On what grounds? I know he's noisy, annoying and really dealt with APC but why the notice? When will all these parties stop hitting on each other? So because he's PDP and APC is the winning party they want to get back at him? Why cant they see beyond their noses? Even if they want to impeach him let it be on a moral grounds and not because APC want him impeached.Nigeria politicians sha.......always selfish

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by tutaboi(m): 9:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
siraj1402:
Issue
big one bro

1 Like

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by domopps(m): 9:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
Ok

Reading comments !

But one thing for sure is that darkness can never comprehend light!

Cheeeers

1 Like

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by nerodenero: 9:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
Fayose looking likely to set a record of being the first governor to be impeached twice. When next he gets a political post, he would have known that his 'orubebeic' attitude would only get him impeached and some 'jegamol' tablets is a cure

7 Likes

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by joromi: 9:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
ammyluv2002:
On what grounds? I know he's noisy, annoying and really dealt with APC but why the notice? When will all these parties stop hitting on each other? So because he's PDP and APC is the winning party they want to get back at him? Why cant they see beyond their noses? Even if they want to impeach him let it be on a moral grounds and not because APC want him impeached.Nigeria politicians sha.......always selfish

Were you blind when Fayose slapped a Judge and disrupted legal courthouse proceedings or when 5 PDP members impeached 19 APC lawmakers illegally or deaf when the audio tape implicating Fayose and his minions was released or you are just plain stup1d ? undecided

Fayose is going and there's nothing you can do about it...

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by ammyluv2002(f): 9:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
joromi:

[b]Were you blind w[/b]hen Fayose slapped a Judge and disrupted legal courthouse proceedings or when 5 PDP members impeached 19 APC lawmakers illegally or deaf when the audio tape implicating Fayose and his minions was released or you are just plain stup1d ? undecided

Fayose is going and there's nothing you can do about it...
I think you're the one who's blind, didn't you read the part where i asked on what grounds? Biko, don't quote me next time undecided

1 Like

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by Pebcak: 9:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
Goner Governor, Its is just a matter of TIME

2 Likes

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by usibengate(m): 10:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
ammyluv2002:

So, you are running your mouth like someone suffering from diarrhea. WHAT YOUR TAKE WHEN MURTALA NYANKO WHEN HE WAS IMPEACH BY PDP IN ADAMAWA

6 Likes

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by ollyruffy: 10:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
Fayose is a goner.

Impeach the thug sharp sharp.

3 Likes

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
Op is a fool, copied from APC control Room

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by geniusmedia: 11:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
Politics is becoming more interesting now

1 Like

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by ammyluv2002(f): 11:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
usibengate:

So, you are running your mouth like someone suffering from diarrhea. WHAT YOUR TAKE WHEN MURTALA NYANKO WHEN HE WAS IMPEACH BY PDP IN ADAMAWA
So? Does it make right? why must they all put their interest first before the people that voted them into office? You are so biased that you can't even see I'm not on anyone's team here undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by Gr8amechi: 12:07am On Apr 09, 2015
ammyluv2002:
I thought you were intelligent, why comment when you know you didn't read through ?? they listed impeachable offences read it again if you didn't

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by Dannyset(m): 12:21am On Apr 09, 2015
ammyluv2002:

1 Like

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by abduljabbar4(m): 12:22am On Apr 09, 2015
Jonathan is forming mr good man after the massive rigging and corruption. He is truly a wise man. History will remember his as a democratic hero when he is actually a ..... Let me leave it like that.

Fayose get ready to be impeached

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by osamaBUSH(m): 1:36am On Apr 09, 2015
ammyluv2002:
So? Does it make right? why must they all put their interest first before the people that voted them into office? You are so biased that you can't even see I'm not on anyone's team here undecided undecided undecided undecided
Boss quit trying! you are wasting your time on these ones. Some people don't read to comprehend before replying.

2 Likes

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by efilefun(m): 2:29am On Apr 09, 2015
Lol, it was boldly written on the wall before, we all know fayose's faith depends strongly on the outcome of the presidential elections that's why he spent so much money and energy trying to sell jonathan and ridicule the people's general... Well his oga at the top had been sent packing so I don't see why he's still been addressed as a governor after all his atrocities, imagine slapping a chief judge... Nigeria politics and touts are very interwoven

1 Like

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by agarawu23(m): 5:50am On Apr 09, 2015
ammyluv2002:
shut your dirrty mouth what do you know abt politics? undecided u must be deaf and dumb to all his drama and scenes he has been creating in Ekiti

1 Like

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by SerialMan: 6:03am On Apr 09, 2015
fallacy
Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by flopriddy: 6:21am On Apr 09, 2015
Akinwunmi Ambode,the prime politician.A veritable template of continuance democracy.A man who has deccusate all strata of civil service treasury.Here's a man who has been part of the new Lagos,every step of the way.
Lagos has witnessed tremendous transformation in 16 yrs! Consistency and consolidation has contributed immensely to this.Thus,the lagos of our dream needs a continuity of delivery of set standards & ideologies.
Fellow lagosians,the power of continuity rest in your hands. As you exercise your franchise on saturday,vote Akinwunmi Ambode; the best man for the job.
Remember,We are what we repeatedly do.Excellence,then,is not an act,but a Habit.
Vote APC!!! Vote Continuity!!!

4 Likes

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by ammyluv2002(f): 7:19am On Apr 09, 2015
Gr8amechi:
I thought you were intelligent, why comment when you know you didn't read through ?? they listed impeachable offences read it again if you didn't
Biko, i don't care what you think about me if you like "thought " I'm dumb na for your pocket undecided
Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by Pavore9: 8:11am On Apr 09, 2015
O.Y.O is his case! cheesy
Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by ibisko04: 8:32am On Apr 09, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by abiolert(m): 9:00am On Apr 09, 2015
I doubt d authenticity of this story because,its not from a competent source.
Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by LuckyLadolce(m): 9:08am On Apr 09, 2015
grin
Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by wasiudvd(m): 9:11am On Apr 09, 2015
ammyluv2002:

seems you travelled out of the country before, or lemme say out of this planet.

1 Like

Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by ammyluv2002(f): 9:14am On Apr 09, 2015
wasiudvd:

seems you travelled out of the country before, or lemme say out of this planet.
Yes undecided
Re: Joanthan Urges The Embattled Gov.fayose To Resign Or Face Impeachment By APC by sheymoni(m): 9:21am On Apr 09, 2015
Fayose must be impeached it's long overdue
You can't be slapping judges at will
Thuggery must be eradicated from our politics & it will make sense to start with fayose

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Picture Of Yusuf Buhari At The Inauguration / Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire / Peter Obi : Why Yoruba States And People Are Poor And Igbo States Might Fail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.