Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos (2110 Views)

My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. / My Humble New Year Message To My Fellow Igbos / My Fellow Igbos Beware Of Biafra Agitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by bugativeron: 11:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
The MOST INTELLIGENT write up I've read since this wahala started......
Onyebuchi Ememanka writes
What is the principal interest of the Igbos in Lagos? What do we seek to achieve in our sojourn here? My take is simple. We seek a prosperous Lagos that is economically viable, peaceful....a mini Nigeria of sorts where all people are able to live and pursue their livelihood without let or hinderance.
As a people that thrive on commerce, Igbos want a Lagos where there are government policies that promote the growth of commerce and business.
A Lagos where government builds roads, bridges, hospitals and is generally alive to their duties.
Education is free in Lagos and our children enjoy this.
No Igbo child has been sent away from any public school in Lagos. Lagos state government pays WAEC and NECO fees for all students in Lagos....our children enjoy this too.
What do we really want in Lagos? The truth is that we are strangers here. Lagos belongs to some people, just like Onitsha and Aba. Let's not carry on as if this place is a no man's land. It is not!
All of a sudden, Jimi Agbaje has become an Igboman....we have adopted him as our son.....the same way we adopted President Jonathan in the last election against our strategic interest as a people...a decision that has left us in serious political confusion and our senators begging to be admitted into the APC.
What is the difference between Jimi Agbaje and Akinwumi Ambode? Is any of them Igbo? What is our problem? I believe that we have a fair share here. We live in peace unlike our people in the North. I don't think there are more Igbos in Lagos than there are in Kano, yet we live peacefully here.
Yorubas are highly politically sophisticated people and they understand that it is better for them to have a government in Lagos that belongs to the same party as the party at the centre. Igbos cannot love Lagos more than Yorubas. This is their land. If anything happens here now, we will all leave and return home. These people own here...
this is their home and we must respect their feelings. Every person living in Lagos wants more federal presence in Lagos. We want a 4th mainland bridge, we want so many other things that the federal government can do.
In the years past, Lagos hasn't enjoyed much federal intervention because of political party differences. Now they have that chance and we want to spoil it for them by being more catholic than the pope.
Let everybody vote any candidate he wants but I reject any collective Igbo move to vote against the strategic interests of the people who own the land where we live and make our living. Lagos has been good to our people. We have succeeded here in business and the professions.
Let's not disrespect the people of Lagos. I will not support any move that will create an impression that Igbos are against the interest of the owners of Lagos. Nobody has murdered our people here like what we see in the north. Lagos remains the only state in this country where Igbos hold top government positions.
Even our neighbors and brothers, Rivers State have never given us that privilege despite our huge population and presence there"......Princeoflagos

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by RothmasPop: 11:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
May God Bless You Abundantly for this nice piece you've written.....you know better! Pls Mods let the other Igbo brothers see this....thanks.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by fromnigeria(m): 11:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
Verily Verily I say to you source, you've spoken nothing but the truth.

5 Likes

Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by brize(m): 11:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
The writer know book well well, i support it..... Traditionally, lagos is yoruba but politically lagos is a NO MANS LAND.... *period*

5 Likes

Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by chidekings(m): 11:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
bugativeron:
What is the principal interest of the Igbos in Lagos? What do we seek to achieve in our sojourn here? My take is simple. We seek a prosperous Lagos that is economically viable, peaceful....a mini Nigeria of sorts where all people are able to live and pursue their livelihood without let or hinderance.
As a people that thrive on commerce, Igbos want a Lagos where there are government policies that promote the growth of commerce and business.
A Lagos where government builds roads, bridges, hospitals and is generally alive to their duties.
No Igbo child has been sent away from any public school in Lagos. Lagos state government pays WAEC and NECO fees for all students in Lagos....our children enjoy this too.
What do we really want in Lagos? The truth is that we are strangers here. Lagos belongs to some people, just like Onitsha and Aba. Let's not carry on as if this place is a no man's land. It is not!
All of a sudden, Jimi Agbaje has become an Igboman....we have adopted him as our son.....the same way we adopted President Jonathan in the last election against our strategic interest as a people...a decision that has left us in serious political confusion and our senators begging to be admitted into the APC.
What is the difference between Jimi Agbaje and Akinwumi Ambode? Is any of them Igbo? What is our problem? I believe that we have a fair share here. We live in peace unlike our people in the North. I don't think there are more Igbos in Lagos than there are in Kano, yet we live peacefully here.
Yorubas are highly politically sophisticated people and they understand that it is better for them to have a government in Lagos that belongs to the same party as the party at the centre. Igbos cannot love Lagos more than Yorubas. This is their land. If anything happens here now, we will all leave and return home. These people own here...
this is their home and we must respect their feelings. Every person living in Lagos wants more federal presence in Lagos. We want a 4th mainland bridge, we want so many other things that the federal government can do.
In the years past, Lagos hasn't enjoyed much federal intervention because of political party differences. Now they have that chance and we want to spoil it for them by being more catholic than the pope.
Let everybody vote any candidate he wants but I reject any collective Igbo move to vote against the strategic interests of the people who own the land where we live and make our living. Lagos has been good to our people. We have succeeded here in business and the professions.
Let's not disrespect the people of Lagos. I will not support any move that will create an impression that Igbos are against the interest of the owners of Lagos. Nobody has murdered our people here like what we see in the north. Lagos remains the only state in this country where Igbos hold top government positions.
Even our neighbors and brothers, Rivers State have never given us that privilege despite our huge population and presence there"......Princeoflagos

for once i concur with a posts since this jimi/ambode thing.
Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by smoothpapuzy(m): 11:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
You deserve 7 virgins here on earth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by bugativeron: 11:31pm On Apr 08, 2015
So why do our Igbo brothers want to breach the peace and Harmony we have all been enjoying together because of one Oba with loose mouth statement. Who told us that JK will suddenly love Igbos even more than the yorubas. See he should campaign more on what he will do rather than causing disaffection between the yorubas and Igbos in Lagos. PDP should remember that such campaign strategy didnt help Jonathan

8 Likes

Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by senorova(m): 11:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
I have said it and will keep saying it, the only problem the igbos have is themselves.
They have so much potential as a tribe, but their hostility towards other tribes has put them at the receiving end of the negativities of tribalism.

7 Likes

Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by Pangea: 11:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
I endorse this this thread!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by WisdomFlakes: 11:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
senorova:
I have said it and will keep saying it, the only problem the igbos have is themselves.
They have so much potential as a tribe, but their hostility towards other tribes has put them at the receiving end of the negativities of tribalism.

Yup! Little wonder they always have problems with their hosts and neighbors, be they Yoruba, Hausa, even their SS neighbors are not spared. It is coz of the supremacist tendencies of many of them.

And when this is pointed out to them instead of correcting themselves they accuse you of jealousy, envy, etc.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by Tzmilez: 11:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
When I was in Secondary School Igbo boys are the head boys from Jss1 to Ss3, I don't think they have lacked anything here, they should respect the fact that Yorubas are calm and meek, is it when Chukwudi become Onibadan or Oba of Lagos before they will be wise enough ? Tribalism always affect them, they're the ones that have more investments outside Nigeria, all this when it comes to worst will affect Igbo as a race because their assests will be frozen everywhere and will lead them to nowhere, so for the past 16years you have enjoyed peace and harmony now you want to turn your back and bite the finger that feed you ? Free eduaction and free text books in Lagos schools is that not enough reason ? Let's not talk about how developed your business life here has been. Well a wise Igbo man that know what's right will Vote Ambode. God give you people wisdom !

5 Likes

Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by Jwonder4eva: 12:15am On Apr 09, 2015
Nigeria is for all and we will never beg anybody.. We are in our country and if don't like it then help us fulfill our biafra dream.. But till then Nigeria is for all and the constitution of Nigeria clearly states it.. The yoruba's are in no way doing us any fovour.. What kind of nonsense favour.. Are we Not in our country?? Nigeria is for all of us.. Have never Heard that New Yorker will tell a person form California to beg him cause he is staying in his land.. Stupidity!! OP stop ur nonsense...

3 Likes

Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by sammieguze(m): 2:17am On Apr 09, 2015
I will start taking you serious the moment you allow an hausa man or yoruba man of even someone from th south south represent you people in abuja.

Or the moment you dare try this kinda stunt in borno or kaduna.
Jwonder4eva:
Nigeria is for all and we will never beg anybody.. We are in our country and if don't like it then help us fulfill our biafra dream.. But till then Nigeria is for all and the constitution of Nigeria clearly states it.. The yoruba's are in no way doing us any fovour.. What kind of nonsense favour.. Are we Not in our country?? Nigeria is for all of us.. Have never Heard that New Yorker will tell a person form California to beg him cause he is staying in his land.. Stupidity!! OP stop ur nonsense...

2 Likes

Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by NaMe4: 2:23am On Apr 09, 2015
A thinking and very wise individual @ OP

Jwonder4eva:

What I and many other Nigerians wish for is a Country where as you stated, individuals from one part can live peacefully and prosper in any other part of his Country.

Despite the fact that I will not support any hateful comment or agenda against any individual or group of people, I think we have to look at this issue through unbiased lenses. First, it is actually a fact that while non-igbos find it extremely difficult to thrive within Igbo regions, better conditions are encouraged for Igbos to prosper when they venture into other regions. I think you have to look at the truths in this statement.

I think you should appreciate this fact when you take into account the Igbos you find occupying key positions in the governance of many States. In fact, even on this forum, when certain individuals mention 'Igbo States' they now include Rivers and Delta which we know Igbos only migrated to in the past. I believe this is one of the reasons why the unfortunate hate-influenced speech by the Oba is supported by many.

The yorubas wouldn't want their cultural heritage to be subdued and eventually Lagos would be termed one of the 'Igbos States' rather than a free Nigerian State. Recall, that did not stop them from supporting an 'Igbo man' to contest and win a seat in the national assembly.

We all know at least for now that an Ijaw, urhobo or yoruba man would not be allowed such privilege in any Igbo State. For a prosperous union the relationship has to be symbiotic.

Besides a New york man would not go to California and intend to make it ' New York Annex', while making life difficult for the Californian in New York!
Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by jaysniggs: 3:40am On Apr 09, 2015
Pangea:
I endorse this this thread!

Hahaahahahah Jimi Agbaje the doctore grin
Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by Jwonder4eva: 7:01am On Apr 09, 2015
NaMe4:
A thinking and very wise individual @ OP

What I and many other Nigerians wish for is a Country where as you stated, individuals from one part can live peacefully and prosper in any other part of his Country.

Despite the fact that I will not support any hateful comment or agenda against any individual or group of people, I think we have to look at this issue through unbiased lenses. First, it is actually a fact that while non-igbos find it extremely difficult to thrive within Igbo regions, better conditions are encouraged for Igbos to prosper when they venture into other regions. I think you have to look at the truths in this statement.

I think you should appreciate this fact when you take into account the Igbos you find occupying key positions in the governance of many States. In fact, even on this forum, when certain individuals mention 'Igbo States' they now include Rivers and Delta which we know Igbos only migrated to in the past. I believe this is one of the reasons why the unfortunate hate-influenced speech by the Oba is supported by many.

The yorubas wouldn't want their cultural heritage to be subdued and eventually Lagos would be termed one of the 'Igbos States' rather than a free Nigerian State. Recall, that did not stop them from supporting an 'Igbo man' to contest and win a seat in the national assembly.

We all know at least for now that an Ijaw, urhobo or yoruba man would not be allowed such privilege in any Igbo State. For a prosperous union the relationship has to be symbiotic.

Besides a New york man would not go to California and intend to make it ' New York Annex', while making life difficult for the Californian in New York!

LoLz... U wanted to claim to be unbiased but what you wrote up there shows you are biased..
[b] Firstly... How did you come up with the fact that "non-igbos find it extremely difficult to thrive within Igbo regions....Jeez!!! Why do you guys just love circulating lies.. Their are so many Hausa's and Niger Deltans in the East doing very well go and the people of Delta state how they have benefited from Onitsha, I didn't include youruba's because am not sure the yoruba's in the east are up to 2thousand,we all know an average yoruba man will never live his father's house to look to greener pastures else where they don't like to hustle..

In what ways are the Igbo's trying to make Lagos an Igbo state, please speak with facts and don't just make mare allegations

You said Igbo's won't allow people from other tribes to hold a position in their governmentm. It's all lies, absolute Nonsense.. Please name Just ONE person from another Ethnic group that has tried to hold position in the East and the Igbo's refused, please mention just on person!!

I Repeat!!! Nigeria is for everyone of us and the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria clearly states it.. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by oneeast: 7:05am On Apr 09, 2015
JK is the next governor. cool
Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by Jwonder4eva: 7:06am On Apr 09, 2015
tongue Nigeria is for all!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by Jwonder4eva: 7:09am On Apr 09, 2015
sammieguze:
I will start taking you serious the moment you allow an hausa man or yoruba man of even someone from th south south represent you people in abuja.

Or the moment you dare try this kinda stunt in borno or kaduna.

Please name one Hausa, Yoruba or South South individual that has tried to contest a position in South East and Igbo people refused?? Please give me Just one name..na beg i dey beg u

It's obvious you guys are only good in spreading lies.. Mtcheew!!!!
Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by Jwonder4eva: 7:14am On Apr 09, 2015
Tzmilez:
When I was in Secondary School Igbo boys are the head boys from Jss1 to Ss3, I don't think they have lacked anything here, they should respect the fact that Yorubas are calm and meek, is it when Chukwudi become Onibadan or Oba of Lagos before they will be wise enough ? Tribalism always affect them, they're the ones that have more investments outside Nigeria, all this when it comes to worst will affect Igbo as a race because their assests will be frozen everywhere and will lead them to nowhere, so for the past 16years you have enjoyed peace and harmony now you want to turn your back and bite the finger that feed you ? Free eduaction and free text books in Lagos schools is that not enough reason ? Let's not talk about how developed your business life here has been. Well a wise Igbo man that know what's right will Vote Ambode. God give you people wisdom !

LoL you are very funny... The Igbo's should be grateful cause Lagos State gives student free text books..lwkmd!!! What will i not read in Nairaland, Children will just wake up and type Trash!!
Don't worry Igbo will not only vote for any candidate the yoruba people want us to vote for, will also dress, talk, eat, laugh when yoruba people want us to..

It's obvious you are an illiterate and do not know the meaning of Democracy

1 Like

Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by kuluTemper: 7:18am On Apr 09, 2015
If you believe in what you have just said below, kindly go on to a major Street in Kano and repeat what you have said. Replace the word Yoruba with Hausa. I am sure it is your loved ones that will tell the world the outcome!

Jwonder4eva:

LoLz... U wanted to claim to be unbiased but what you wrote up there shows you are biased..
[b] Firstly... How did you come up with the fact that "non-igbos find it extremely difficult to thrive within Igbo regions....Jeez!!! Why do you guys just love circulating lies.. Their are so many Hausa's and Niger Deltans in the East doing very well go and the people of Delta state how they have benefited from Onitsha, I didn't include youruba's because am not sure the yoruba's in the east are up to 2thousand,we all know an average yoruba man will never live his father's house to look to greener pastures else where they don't like to hustle..

In what ways are the Igbo's trying to make Lagos an Igbo state, please speak with facts and don't just make mare allegations

You said Igbo's won't allow people from other tribes to hold a position in their governmentm. It's all lies, absolute Nonsense.. Please name Just ONE person from another Ethnic group that has tried to hold position in the East and the Igbo's refused, please mention just on person!!

I Repeat!!! Nigeria is for everyone of us and the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria clearly states it.. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by Jwonder4eva: 7:31am On Apr 09, 2015
kuluTemper:
If you believe in what you have just said below, kindly go on to a major Street in Kano and repeat what you have said. Replace the word Yoruba with Hausa. I am sure it is your loved ones that will tell the world the outcome!

It's a normal thing for yoruba's.. When they see you are winning them, they will just start talking out of point... So that post you quoted, you couldn't even answer one question from it.. Smh!!!

FYI Igbo's are not scared are not scared of the Northerners like yoruba's, that's why you always hear of clashes between us in the North. But why do you yoruba's fear the hausa's soo much? By the mention of their name, an average yoruba man will pee on his pants..no wonder you guys where scared to stand u to dem in Kwara

1 Like

Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by talktoUTI: 9:11am On Apr 09, 2015
This is an awesome write up... Wise sat
Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 09, 2015
bugativeron:

God bless you my brother. I am so happy that most of you are now coming out to say the truth. Why carry Agbaje's fight on our head? Is Agbaje an Igbo man? This is the same way we carried Jonathan on our head and see where everything has ended. The state Government in Lagos has been paying school fees for our children in the state amongst other things so I don't see why we are trying to breach the peace in this state.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by jimi4us: 9:47am On Apr 09, 2015
Jwonder4eva:

my brother you have spoken well. but if anybody read this and still don't understand you, then that person need brain surgery ASAP
Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by Jwonder4eva: 10:07am On Apr 09, 2015
jimi4us:
my brother you have spoken well. but if anybody read this and still don't understand you, then that person need brain surgery ASAP

Thank You my brother.....

Nigeria is For all and we all have equal rights in Nigeria.
Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by BrOwnSuga3: 10:15am On Apr 09, 2015
Tzmilez:
When I was in Secondary School Igbo boys are the head boys from Jss1 to Ss3, I don't think they have lacked anything here, they should respect the fact that Yorubas are calm and meek,

An Igbo boy became your head boy because he earned it, if they were dull and unintelligent like other students, the school authority will not make them head boy.

so for the past 16years you have enjoyed peace and harmony now you want to turn your back and bite the finger that feed you ? Free eduaction and free text books in Lagos schools is that not enough reason ? Let's not talk about how developed your business life here has been

The Igbos in Lagos pay their taxes, they worked hard to take their businesses to were it is today. The Yorubas should leave their fathers house, go out and hustle, but they are too lazy to that. Most of them have not been out of Lagos state since they were born, yet they want to be minister in Abia state when your population is not more than 50.
Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:35am On Apr 09, 2015
Nobody is saying Igbos shouldn't vote en bloc in Lagos! In fact it is their constitutional right to vote as they please. But why make such intention public knowledge?
Re: Dear Fellow Igbos In Lagos by bugativeron: 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
Volksfuhrer:
Nobody is saying Igbos shouldn't vote en bloc in Lagos! In fact it is their constitutional right to vote as they please. But why make such intention public knowledge?

Yes oooo why make it know to the whole world.

(1) (Reply)

[photos] Boy Smuggled Into Spain In A Suitcase / Yorubas I Admire / Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.