Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,231 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st (4949 Views)

Evacuation Of Abandoned Vehicles On Lagos Roads To Commence July 1 / FRSC Releases Guidelines For July 1st Enforcement Of Psychiatric Test / Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 11:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by cocoduck: 1:40pm On Apr 09, 2015
op if buhari stops it I will be very bad of him. and you are not having the good of Nigeria in mind, you want an industrialized country but you are not trady to do all it takes to acheive industrialization. If you want a tok car go and buy a spoilt car and repair it to the standard you like by doing so you will save money and it remains in Nigeria
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 1:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
cocoduck:
op if buhari stops it I will be very bad of him. and you are not having the good of Nigeria in mind, you want an industrialized country but you are not trady to do all it takes to acheive industrialization. If you want a tok car go and buy a spoilt car and repair it to the standard you like by doing so you will save money and it remains in Nigeria

I should go and buy a spoilt Nigerian car shocked

Bros you wicked oh!

Even a fairly naija used car has issues let alone a spoilt one.

Diariz God o!

Nobody's saying they shouldn't industralize but let it not be at d expense of d masses getting wat they want...let there be a competitive field for both foreign & local

Products in so doing d local producers will sit up or sit out. I don't believe in subduing someone for anoda to rise...I hate Protectionism...it doesn't give room for true

competition & lack of competition breeds low productive capabilities.
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by cocoduck: 2:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
Fvck the masses! The Chinese you people worship passed through the same for a good 40years.
is it that tok that has no issues? I really wonder how some folks reason at times, if it has issues, fix them! fix them to your standards and enjoy the ride. you people think that building or maintaining a car is magic, there is nothing magical about cars if you don't know what to do go to autodiy.com and pay $25or so then download the service repair manual buy the complete set of tools and fix the car yourself. it is way cheaper, exciting and benficial to do it that way you can even become a professional automotive technician that is highly sought after
YouTube is you best friend.

3 Likes

Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by cocoduck: 2:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
sorry the website is alldatadiy.com
good automotive technicians are hard to find in Nigeria, you have to be computer literate which I believe you are which I know you hardly find among thos road side and shade tree technicians

once again YouTube and alldatadiy.com and various car repair forums are your very best friends
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 7:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
cocoduck:
sorry the website is alldatadiy.com
good automotive technicians are hard to find in Nigeria, you have to be computer literate which I believe you are which I know you hardly find among thos road side and shade tree technicians

once again YouTube and alldatadiy.com and various car repair forums are your very best friends

You're just saying fix it! fix dat, how many fixed rides av you seen dats up to standard as compared to a toks? You too affirmed dat our Mechanics aren't dat good so

dats a no go area...you said I should fix it myself, how easy is it to do dat? Can I compare myself with a daily busy schedule to a Mechanic whose main job is fixing

Cars? Whatever I do I love doing it well & cars wont be an exception cos Safety comes first. You talk as if I don't wanna Patronize local products but when those

same products are either unsafe or beyond d reach of d ordinary man wat do you expect? We Nigerians like rushing things & putting drastic measures to things which

shouldn't be. Let there be competition & not protectionism, dat will make development in d auto industry a reality.
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by lonelydora: 7:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
Which weed this guy dey smoke? A journey of a thousand miles starts with a step.
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by FlyboyZee: 8:34pm On Apr 09, 2015
lonelydora:
Which weed this guy dey smoke? A journey of a thousand miles starts with a step.
My dear, don't mind the guy jare. They want to get there without moving an inch. They want to keep buying used cars (which must also have been fixed at one time or the other, either in Lagos on arrival or before shipment from wherever). A car is as good as its maintenance no matter how long you have used.

Secondly, they want to demonize everything the outgoing going Gov't had done or implemented. But, the bloke seems to be alone on this stretch. He's actually phishing around to see if anyone would support him that's why he used a very strong language "EVIL" in opening the topic. We have discussed this thing so much here on NL. We have castigated, insulted, abused, dissected and taken various looks and jabs at this policy and its promoters on this forum, but the fact remains that somehow we have to move our country forward and we can't do that by continuously importing 1999 Camry sorry, Pencil or is it Tiny light, clean & neat 2003 Honda Accord or EoD and the likes. We must find a way to stimulate, encourage or force local production no matter how crude it is initially. As time goes on, we would improve and achieve the level of excellence we keep importing at second hand level on or at par with the first user levels of those we were importing from.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 9:43pm On Apr 09, 2015
Sweet words coming from one who has little understanding of a step in d right direction.

We know what to do but we'll rather die dan do it d right way den wonder what's bedevilling us. Mercedes Benz is produced in South Africa, did they get to there by Protectionism? Its not just important to make a step but one that's made in d right direction. Its wat is called looking b4 one leaps...wat are d preparations on ground to ensure its viability with Power dats barely sufficient to meets d masses needs we want to add d burden of Manufacturing to it as well...yet some folks will still come here & support such a ridiculous policy. I think I'm right When I say we Nigerians & not d govt are d problems of ds country.
I'm not here to convince anyone cos I know my fellow countrymen once they're hooked onto a particular idea its a waste of time trying to let them see another opinion
even if its obviously leading nowhere...Objectivity is one thing most Nigerian lack.

2 Likes

Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by FlyboyZee: 10:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
themodernman:
Sweet words coming from one who has little understanding of a step in d right direction.

We know what to do but we'll rather die dan do it d right way den wonder what's bedevilling us. Mercedes Benz is produced in South Africa, did they get to there by Protectionism? Its not just important to make a step but one that's made in d right direction. Its wat is called looking b4 one leaps...wat are d preparations on ground to ensure its viability with Power dats barely sufficient to meets d masses needs we want to add d burden of Manufacturing to it as well...yet some folks will still come here & support such a ridiculous policy. I think I'm right When I say we Nigerians & not d govt are d problems of ds country.
I'm not here to convince anyone cos I know my fellow countrymen once they're hooked onto a particular idea its a waste of time trying to let them see another opinion
even if its obviously leading nowhere...Objectivity is one thing most Nigerian lack.
Thank you for mentioning South Africa. Do you know that you are not allowed to export a completely assembled/manufactured product/good into South Africa? That's the reason why many manufacturers/producers site their production outfits in SA. Ask yourself why is it that all/most of the brand new Toyotas/Hondas (apart from the Land Cruiser) being bought and used in Naija are manufactured in SA? To encourage/force local production, you must close your borders to certain fully/completely manufactured/assembled goods/products. This is a lesson in ECO 101 - Introduction to Economics. Lets forget this poor this, poor that. If we keep going on the way you are reasoning, we'll never leave the doldrums and we forever be stagnated where we are. We gat to take challenges, tighten our belts, make adjustments and sacrifices to achieve anything reasonable. The US you are quick to refer to as an example passed through similar phases in their build up to greatness. The China you import almost anything and everything thing from had to close their borders for years, this turned most of the rice paddies to the giant manufacturing hubs you see today. Japan passed through untold hardship after Hiroshima to be this technologically advanced. You can't achieve anything reasonable if you keep on chasing the easier way instead of taking the bull by the horns headlong.

The power situation in SA is not Utopian. Of late, there's been a lot of power cuts with which the country is grappling with, yet manufacturing/assembling has not been cut. How do other manufacturers in Nigeria produce. With the advancements in technology, do you think you still need a minimum of 240volts on 3 phase to run a robot/robotic arm. Even our local welders in the villages have been able to resolve their individual power Problems/needs. There is always an excuse when you want to fail, but none when success is on your mind. We have gone beyond that stage, all we need now are challenges to spur us on and not excuses to remain recluse and embrace failure as a way of life.

I rest my case...

2 Likes

Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by billy187(m): 12:43am On Apr 10, 2015
I'd like to take this from a different perspective. Its all good and fine Nigeria wants to encourage its local car industry. But then as a non-nigerian observer, I see some aspects that may turn this well-intentioned plan into a nightmare.

Lets say this levy is put on every single car coming in. Import car prices will jerk up, especially the used cars. Last time i checked, new cars also aren't particularly cheap to get- odds are that a well made new sedan has an msrp of well over 2 million naira.

So imagine..joe everyday man who could have upgraded his 1991 405 to a 2009 camry finds its price out of reach. Buying a 2015 naija made model is just as impossible- even the stripped down ones. Joe's only option is to hold on to his old 405.....even after it becomes a rusty deathtrap. Heck- he'll even fix it up when it gets run over by a caterpillar D9.!

So what you'll get are a whole lot more rickety deathtraps puttering along the road....that will. definitely be linked to alot of unnecesssary deaths....Survivors wont have it easy either...they will live with a cocktail of repiratory diseases.!..

But hey, more folks might just walk....win!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by FlyboyZee: 6:39am On Apr 10, 2015
billy187:
I'd like to take this from a different perspective. Its all good and fine Nigeria wants to encourage its local car industry. But then as a non-nigerian observer, I see some aspects that may turn this well-intentioned plan into a nightmare.

Lets say this levy is put on every single car coming in. Import car prices will jerk up, especially the used cars. Last time i checked, new cars also aren't particularly cheap to get- odds are that a well made new sedan has an msrp of well over 2 million naira.

So imagine..joe everyday man who could have upgraded his 1991 405 to a 2009 camry finds its price out of reach. Buying a 2015 naija made model is just as impossible- even the stripped down ones. Joe's only option is to hold on to his old 405.....even after it becomes a rusty deathtrap. Heck- he'll even fix it up when it gets run over by a caterpillar D9.!

So what you'll get are a whole lot more rickety deathtraps puttering along the road....that will. definitely be linked to alot of unnecesssary deaths....Survivors wont have it easy either...they will live with a cocktail of repiratory diseases.!..

I watch Xhbit's P1mp my Ride like every other day on MTV and I made bold to say that rickety and rusty death trap cars are not limited to Nigeria alone. If they could be found in the almighty, great, never-do-wrong, all-is-working-well, fantastic US of A, why won't they be found in Nigeria. Besides, that not even my point. Is it because the man in your example couldn't afford to upgrade his car, the others shouldn't buy new cars? I have dealt with this issue in the past on NL here and I still hold on to my stand that we have to change certain policies to move on as a nation. Even in the US, there is restriction on the importation of certain goods in order to encourage local production.

As you rightly said in your post, if the imported cars become so exorbitant in price and we are yet to start producing locally, I bet you our craftsmanship would improve. Even right now, many educated people are moving into car maintenance/repairs in Nigeria and trying hard to keep up with advanced/advancing technology. We have so many here on NL. I keep reiterating it that, in our bid to move on or advance, we've got to change and this involves some adjustments and sacrifices.

We can't continue being a second hand country, while aspiring to break into the ranks of the BRIC nations. No way, that's never ever gonna be possible.

1 Like

Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 10, 2015
If I were the President of Nigeria, the very first act I would do is raise the import fee on cars to 400% and make car smuggling punishable by a death sentence angry

1 Like

Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 10, 2015
billy187:

Any death trap rust bucket will be seized and crushed.

The owner will also get a nice hefty bill for making the government do all that.

Let's see how many rust buckets will be on the road in a month.
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by FlyboyZee: 6:54am On Apr 10, 2015
CityNG:
If I were the President of Nigeria, the very first act I would do is raise the import fee on cars to 400% and make car smuggling punishable by a death sentence angry
Forward thinking...
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by FlyboyZee: 6:58am On Apr 10, 2015
billy187:

Hey! Mind you that even people who could buy/own certain cars in the most advanced countries take public transport. Its not a must to own a car. Always live within your means and stop trying to force yourself to levels you ain't attain yet. That's the best way to keep off driving a rust bucket...
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by billy187(m): 10:53am On Apr 10, 2015
FlyboyZee:

I watch Xhbit's P1mp my Ride like every other day on MTV and I made bold to say that rickety and rusty death trap cars are not limited to Nigeria alone. If they could be found in the almighty, great, never-do-wrong, all-is-working-well, fantastic US of A, why won't they be found in Nigeria. Besides, that not even my point. Is it because the man in your example couldn't afford to upgrade his car, the others shouldn't buy new cars? I have dealt with this issue in the past on NL here and I still hold on to my stand that we have to change certain policies to move on as a nation. Even in the US, there is restriction on the importation of certain goods in order to encourage local production.

As you rightly said in your post, if the imported cars become so exorbitant in price and we are yet to start producing locally, I bet you our craftsmanship would improve. Even right now, many educated people are moving into car maintenance/repairs in Nigeria and trying hard to keep up with advanced/advancing technology. We have so many here on NL. I keep reiterating it that, in our bid to move on or advance, we've got to change and this involves some adjustments and sacrifices.

We can't continue being a second hand country, while aspiring to break into the ranks of the BRIC nations. No way, that's never ever gonna be possible.

FlyboyZee:

Hey! Mind you that even people who could buy/own certain cars in the most advanced countries take public transport. Its not a must to own a car. Always live within your means and stop trying to force yourself to levels you ain't attain yet. That's the best way to keep off driving a rust bucket...

Let me be quick to say that the policy in itself is not a bad one-to achieve an industrial status some of these must be done. South Africa did it and I gotta say its a hell of a hard time finding an import there. However, my beef here is how developed the automotive industry in Nigeria is. You gotta admit, the industry is a bit-immature. The Nigerian auto manufacturing industry has a second hand market of almost.....nil. To kill the import second hand market without allowing your own to grow will be basically a stab in the foot. As at the time of the implementation of South Africa's policy they had a large local manufacturing market so the change did not affect them much.

But in Nigeria? This is not the case. Stuck between a rock and a hard place; people will definitely hold on to their cars much, much longer, the definition of a totaled car will be stretched beyond its already exaggerated definition in Naija. Look at what happened to Cuba when the US put an embargo on imports there.

Oh and another thing. Not everyone can take public transport. Since you used the 'developed' transport system in the US, I'd use that. I used to live in the suburbs and the system just did not extend there. Considering the city centre where I worked was a whooping 45 minutes drive from where I live you'd quickly understand why a car was more or less essential. I bet such situations exist in Nigeria- imagine how you'd manage without a car.

Bottom line. Good policy. Bad timing.

3 Likes

Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by billy187(m): 10:57am On Apr 10, 2015
CityNG:

Any death trap rust bucket will be seized and crushed.

The owner will also get a nice hefty bill for making the government do all that.

Let's see how many rust buckets will be on the road in a month.

You do notice that will include a whooole lotta public transport- the Danfos etc etc
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by FlyboyZee: 11:58am On Apr 10, 2015
billy187:

Bottom line. Good policy. Bad timing.
Its always been bad timing. When then is or would be the best time to start?

1 Like

Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 12:34pm On Apr 10, 2015
FlyboyZee:

Its always been bad timing. When then is or would be the best time to start?

When we av made d necessary preparations....recheck billy187 post on bad policy bad timing & see d preparation Nigeria must put in place b4 such a policy can work

for & not against the populace...
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
billy187:

You do notice that will include a whooole lotta public transport- the Danfos etc etc

Like I said, ANY rust bucket will be seized and crushed.

It will be tumultuous but for the greater good of the nation for the next generation.

"We no wan die, we no wan fight...." Abami Eda.
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 10, 2015
Government subsided or funded mass transport system.

Full speed ahead, employ the youths.
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 5:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
CityNG:
Government subsided or funded mass transport system.

Full speed ahead, employ the youths.

Even the already Subsidized products like Crude Oil they're planning to remove it completely you come dey talk Mass transit....what have they done with Sure-P? They should calm down & implement allnds first joor b4 any other thing....injust feel ds will cause more chaos as most people don't want those crappy cars like Kia, Hyundia & Nissan which will raise d price of Naija used cars as ppl will wanna hoard their cars & not sell...in d long run further increasing the rate of theft in d country.
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 17, 2015
themodernman:

Even the already Subsidized products like Crude Oil they're planning to remove it completely you come dey talk Mass transit....what have they done with Sure-P? They should calm down & implement allnds first joor b4 any other thing....injust feel ds will cause more chaos as most people don't want those crappy cars like Kia, Hyundia & Nissan which will raise d price of Naija used cars as ppl will wanna hoard their cars & not sell...in d long run further increasing the rate of theft in d country.

I stand by my ascertation.

No pain no gain, we all have sacrifices to make.
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 5:47pm On Apr 17, 2015
CityNG:

I stand by my ascertation.

No pain no gain, we all have sacrifices to make.

Lets try to make PROPER use of quotes & not just apply it blindly into our lives, I for one will relish such an idea of Protectionism but not to the detriment of the common Man..

Ecclesiastes 10:15-the labour of the fool wearieth everyone of them cos he knoweth not how to go into the CITY...you can be in Pain the rest of your life but if its in the wrong direction all you'll get is frustration & no single gain my brother...May dat never be our portion Amen...

If the right facilities are put in place prior to the implementation I may not even buy a car...its only in a country like ds dat rides are a necessity. My Aunts & Uncles abroad have SUVs parked & lying fallow in dr garage cos they got fantastic transport system...if we put down such first & other necessities like Electricity then they can increase tariff to 2000% if they like...those dat really need a ride will get it then....

But right now even the Average class needs a car of his own due to our terrible Transport system which he may not be aboe to afford except 2ru Toks or Soft Loans which may not be readily accessible as you know Naija factor is...with that he has to resort to d horrible transport he's trying to avoid...its just the Upoer class that'll enjoy this stuff the most I'm telling you...
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 17, 2015
themodernman:

Lets try to make PROPER use of quotes & not just apply it blindly into our lives, I for one will relish such an idea of Protectionism but not to the detriment of the common Man..

Ecclesiastes 10:15-the labour of the fool wearieth everyone of them cos he knoweth not how to go into the CITY...you can be in Pain the rest of your life but if its in the wrong direction all you'll get is frustration & no single gain my brother...May dat never be our portion Amen...

If the right facilities are put in place prior to the implementation I may not even buy a car...its only in a country like ds dat rides are a necessity. My Aunts & Uncles abroad have SUVs parked & lying fallow in dr garage cos they got fantastic transport system...if we put down such first & other necessities like Electricity then they can increase tariff to 2000% if they like...those dat really need a ride will get it then....

But right now even the Average class needs a car of his own due to our terrible Transport system which he may not be aboe to afford except 2ru Toks or Soft Loans which may not be readily accessible as you know Naija factor is...with that he has to resort to d horrible transport he's trying to avoid...its just the Upoer class that'll enjoy this stuff the most I'm telling you...

I'm "abroad" and the only car I have that is laying fallow are my hobby cars. Let's not over generalize. We do need cars here too.

The average man also has a part to play in the struggles of developing Nigeria.

The duties on a used car needs to be raised stratospherically to stimulate the local economy.

Jesus or any other sky fairy has nothing to do with this and frankly holds us back as a nation. IMHO.
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by 9icetoo(m): 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nigerian made cars do not have so called second hand value because those 'accidented' imports won't allow that. Remember when peugeot cars ruled the road? Their second hand values were very high until our brothers started going to belgium. We need a strong manufacturing sector to create jobs. Importing a 20 year old vee boot or tiny light camry isn't going to create any job whatsoever but instead will drain our much needed foreign exchange. India makes cars. Most manufacturing companies have assembly plants or actually make the cars in India there. Can you imagine that we are importing cars from Indonesia! If Buhari reverses that decision, then he isn't the Messiah we hoped for. Go to Nnewi and see what the innoson vehicle manufacturing plant there has done for the people. Please note that over half of the Tokunbo you celebrate here are rejects over there with masked safety and mechanical issues.
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 6:58pm On Apr 17, 2015
CityNG:

I'm "abroad" and the only car I have that is laying fallow are my hobby cars. Let's not over generalize. We do need cars here too.

The average man also has a part to play in the struggles of developing Nigeria.

The duties on a used car needs to be raised stratospherically to stimulate the local economy.

Jesus or any other sky fairy has nothing to do with this and frankly holds us back as a nation. IMHO.

Don't be so quick to display your Atheism by your last statement which you ofcourse have a right to...my statement is about wisdom which is applicable to even an Atheist as I never mentioned anything Jesus there but just simply displayed Wisdom....i'm sure if I didn't quote d scripture & just wrote it in plain English it will av made more sense to you & you probably would've agreed with that statement. I'm not preaching miracle or Jesus to you here, I'm simply saying if one suffers without a Sense of Direction all he'll get is Frustration & no single gain...You'll do well to know dat he who fails to plan is definitely Planning to fail...*at least dats an everyday quote & isn't scriptural*
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 7:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
9icetoo:
Nigerian made cars do not have so called second hand value because those 'accidented' imports won't allow that. Remember when peugeot cars ruled the road? Their second hand values were very high until our brothers started going to belgium. We need a strong manufacturing sector to create jobs. Importing a 20 year old vee boot or tiny light camry isn't going to create any job whatsoever but instead will drain our much needed foreign exchange. India makes cars. Most manufacturing companies have assembly plants or actually make the cars in India there. Can you imagine that we are importing cars from Indonesia! If Buhari reverses that decision, then he isn't the Messiah we hoped for. Go to Nnewi and see what the innoson vehicle manufacturing plant there has done for the people. Please note that over half of the Tokunbo you celebrate here are rejects over there with masked safety and mechanical issues.

What happened to the Peugot cars that ruled the roads then? Do you think its Belgium that made them go into extinction? Its corruption! Which is what will also wipe out this your Nnewi produced rides if care isn't taken. If not for corruption we'll still be Assembling Peugot cos as you can see People still import Peugot & there's no difference in the imported & the Assembled ones here.

Now lets say we want to achieve that aim by force, we know as Nigeria is...i'm sure d least of this assembled cars will go for nothing less dan 2 million naira which the average man won't be able to afford except by means of Soft Loans. So he has to resort to d transport system which we know there's still room for improvement. Where he could have gone for a Clean toks in Cotonou for 1.2 million naira which will be even more attractive than that of 2 million naira specs from Naija. We also know that its very difficult to procure loans in ds country for even important things let alone a car.

You say most Toks are rejects..thats a big lie man cos these are developed countries that have a Standard transport system unlike ours & majority of their cars are registered with their VIN through which you can see d history of the car which includes servicing, accident hx, theft, repossession etc...its only when they land in d shores of Africa that the hx of such rides are tampered with as they may have been damaged here, repaired & den still sold off as same toks since we have poor documentation in this part of the world...

So my brother lets not put the cart before the horse is all I'm simply tryna say here...
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 17, 2015
themodernman:

Don't be so quick to display your Atheism by your last statement which you ofcourse have a right to...my statement is about wisdom which is applicable to even an Atheist as I never mentioned anything Jesus there but just simply displayed Wisdom....i'm sure if I didn't quote d scripture & just wrote it in plain English it will av made more sense to you & you probably would've agreed with that statement. I'm not preaching miracle or Jesus to you here, I'm simply saying if one suffers without a Sense of Direction all he'll get is Frustration & no single gain...You'll do well to know dat he who fails to plan is definitely Planning to fail...*at least dats an everyday quote & isn't scriptural*

Stop wearing your religion on your sleeves. You don't know me or what religion I practice.

The sense of direction is to increase the import tariff to an extreme amount. This will stop the flood of importation of vehicles and stimulate the local economy.

All the countries that folks die to run to all went through their own periods of hardship.

1 Like

Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by themodernman: 7:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
CityNG:

Stop wearing your religion on your sleeves. You don't know me or what religion I practice.

The sense of direction is to increase the import tariff to an extreme amount. This will stop the flood of importation of vehicles and stimulate the local economy.

All the countries that folks die to run to all went through their own periods of hardship.

Dunno what you mean by the Sleeve thing tho and if you think I'm being over religious here den you've made a wrong assessment of me & if you still decide to hold on to dat assessment of yours adamantly den there's nothing I can do to help you out oh as you're entirely entitled to your perception about me as I've already used an example inplain English to make myself clear enough.

The country dat went 2ru d same issues went through it d right way & not d way we are...most policies in Nigeria always come with Chaos & puts us in badlight e.g: ghana must go, oil subsidy removal & now implementation policy, when shall we ever THINK before we act & not just act becos EVERYBODY is doing it, why dont we see how they did it as pertaining to the things they put in place prior & follow suit instead of just doing "wuru-wuru to d answer"
Re: Evil Automotive Policy Implementation To Commence July 1st by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 17, 2015
themodernman:

Dunno what you mean by the Sleeve thing tho and if you think I'm being over religious here den you've made a wrong assessment of me & if you still decide to hold on to dat assessment of yours adamantly den there's nothing I can do to help you out oh as you're entirely entitled to your perception about me as I've already used an example inplain English to make myself clear enough.

The country dat went 2ru d same issues went through it d right way & not d way we are...most policies in Nigeria always come with Chaos & puts us in badlight e.g: ghana must go, oil subsidy removal & now implementation policy, when shall we ever THINK before we act & not just act becos EVERYBODY is doing it, why dont we see how they did it as pertaining to the things they put in place prior & follow suit instead of just doing "wuru-wuru to d answer"

Trust me I don't need your help. I'm good grin

Every single developed country went through hardship so I'm not sure why anyone would not want Nigeria to enact tough laws towards that purpose.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help!!! My Engine Oil Indicator Is Showing While The Oil Is Guage / Introducing The Latest 2017 Toyota Corolla – See Specs And Price / .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.