Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,644 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms (23634 Views)

Top 10 Richest Lawyers In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria / 13 Hidden Secrets Lawyers Won’t Tell Their Client / Why Do Lawyers Wear The Wig And Gown? Here Is Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by mmrius(m): 6:14pm On Jul 13, 2015
With topics like this making front page, any reasonable person will agree with me that indeed Nairaland has gone to the dogs.
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by nunzk: 6:34pm On Jul 13, 2015
Nice but u didn't say anytihng about lawyers bursting open like condoms
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by Amodsun(m): 12:07pm On Apr 03, 2016
nunzk:
Nice but u didn't say anytihng about lawyers bursting open like condoms
Lol.. Do they?? ,if yes....you can please enlighten us more
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by AlphaSoul: 10:19pm On Feb 04, 2021
Amodsun:
For goodness sake we can be likened to many things but not condom. Those were my exact thought when I came across a discussion on why lawyers are like condoms on Rollonfriday.com.

I quickly read through the discussion and couldn't help but agree with some of the reasons that were adduced on why lawyers could be likened to a condom. Out of the many reasons given, I decided to share these four points I personally believe to be true. So here they are:

1.People get to use both lawyers and condoms because they have to, not that they want to

If given an option, most folks would rather not use both lawyers and condoms. So it now becomes a question of them being left with no other option than to use them; because if they don’t, they would be screwed.

2.Both lawyers and condoms are only used at critical moments

We don’t get to use them every now and then. We only remember them when we find ourselves under certain critical situations. When everything is going on well we don’t remember them; but at those key moments, we quickly reach out for them.

3.When the deal is done, both lawyers and condoms are cast off in disgust

This particular point flows from the above mentioned points. If both lawyers and condoms are only used because people don’t have an option than to use them, and their usage is only needed under critical moments, it becomes predictable that once they have been used, they will be discarded; most times with disgust. More like- “The deal is done; I have no further need of you”.

4.When lawyers and condoms are neglected, the consequences are grave.

Neglect a lawyer and you are most likely going to get yourself into a lot of trouble. Folks have lost great fortune, been cheated, duped, suffered great injustice because they never got a lawyer involved. In the same manner, unwanted pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, broken marriages are some of the consequences of neglecting the use of condoms.

As much as comparing lawyers with condoms might not be the cutest thing to do, but hey, you can’t help but to also agree with me that we share some similarities. Let’s hear your opinion on this, and probably other ways we share similarities with condoms.....#Legooo grin
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pilot Janet Bunor Steps Out In Thigh-Revealing Outfit In New Stunning Photos / Photo: How To Write A Good Job Application Letter! / What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.