Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC (46406 Views)

Buratai Arrests Soldiers Involved In Benue Killings, Hands Them Over To NHRC / Igbo Groups Asks Deputy Senate President Ekweremadu To Step Down / ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
KingTom:
You don wake up from APC induced coma? grin
Lol! gringrin

But bros, let's be sincere on this.
The same Yorubas called a whole President all sort of names and saw nothing wrong with it. The mockery was just second to none. They mocked and abused Mr President at the slightest opportunity. Now that their Oba messed himself up is when they remembered elders are to be treated with respect? Like we should swallow his _shit and smile?? Like seriously??

What do you call this?? This is the height of hypocrisy and tribalism. angry

No Yoruba man that insulted Mr President or mocked him or called him derogatory names should say a word about how people talk to their Oba. Is the Oba greater than even a Governor??

Make I stop here before I vex. gringrin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by tammie24: 3:03pm On Apr 09, 2015
whitecat2:
You will go and bow soon, just as your chicken Ezes clapped when Oba spoke.

Oba whooped your coward Ezes into line and you are all making noise.

What can the entire ndigbo do? Nothing! You cried, whine, give ultimatums and go right back to crying, that's all! You can't do anything.

Correct!
Tell them abeg
Awon oloriburuku!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

I don't know where u got this shiit u ar peddling. No sensible person would find those statements funny. Those pple clapping were yoruba APC members.

If it indeed it was a joke, it would long bern swept under the rug. The oba himself in the clarification didn't even say anyhing abt making a joke.

U insult us when u expect us to just ignore those despicable statements; especially when the person responsible shows no remorse.

Your lack of manners come through in your post however facts need to be stated.

What evidence do you have that they are APC members? So was it a case that the Oba invited APC members or Igbos?
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Lol! gringrin

The same Yorubas called a whole President all sort of names and saw nothing wrong with it. The mockery was just second to none. They mocked and abused Mr President at the slightest opportunity. Now that their Oba messed himself up is when they remembered elders are to be treated with respect? Like we should swallow his _shit and smile?? Like seriously??

No Yoruba man that insulted Mr President or mocked him or called him derogatory names should say a word about how people talk to their Oba. Is the Oba greater than even a Governor??

You Don vex already.
Where have you been
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 09, 2015
Toks2008:

you hve just confirmed that your parents have successfully wasted their money on you.

i wonder why some pple cant articulate their opinions without using abusive words.

no thanks to the internet that allows low life people make some commnts they dare not make to same person one on one.

i dont know ur age but please try and b civilized.

I guess u should arrange a one on one meeting so u can actuaally realise whom you r talking to; am pretty sure u will bow down before me when u meet me one on one. Little kid.
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by sukkot: 3:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
ndigbo it haf come to my attention that you are haf problem with ofe egusi king of lagos, i are haf suggestion to calming the matter. go drink isi ewu and are washing it down with orijin. it haf established in british unifersity that orijin are good for nerves
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Benice007(m): 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
Brothers and Sisters, lets give peace a chance. I remember back in the day when i was living in lagos, Nigeria, we used to call Lagos no man's land or this is Lagos, then, there was no billboard of Welcome to Lagos. Most yorubas claiming to be Lagosians are from different part of yorubaland. Please, lets treat the oba like a father, grandfather and king of the land. All the kings in Nigeria are representative of Nigerians living in abroad. All igbos should forgive the Oba and move on. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by KingTom(m): 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Lol! gringrin

Ok let me summarize what I've heard so far

Yorubas: Abusive and Boastful

Igbos: Proud and _Stupid

Hausas: Illiterates and Terrorists

Esan: Gullible

Ijaws: Clueless

These are not my opinions o grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Jwonder4eva: 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
gidjah:
no sir, I do not think envy is the issue here, most people have come out to say he spoke foolishly , even the apc members said same ,let not take this matter too far else we all might not be happy with the outcome.no state in the east will allow any yoruba to come out for a political office, quote me any where, I have lived them since my child hood, I know them to be very proud arrogant and full of hate against other tribes, you can not all fool us with that lies u are putting up, but that is an issue for another day plsm the matter on ground now is that the oba messed up and has been greeted with world wide condemnation , Pls let peace reign and let us forgive him , he was quoted to have said he took origin alcohol, may be he was under that influencem But no state in the east can give any level of accomodation to anny one as much as the yorubas give unto them in the west that. Is a fact

OK ooh!!!!!!!
But please can you give me the name of one non-indigene that tried to hold a post in Igbo land and Igbo people refused Please give me one name.....am waiting
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by robay(m): 3:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
4stylz:

Which land if I may ask..the one you created Na Ogun I dey curse too for my land... (benin) but I will not accept accept Tribalism...no matter what...we are one Nigerian...let's live in peace as one...no body owns any land...it all belongs to all of us

You remember lagos was once a capital city?? That's why attention is been drawn to that place...how will you feel if you get to abuja..and you hear people saying it's there's...how will you feel bro? Niger delta Oil is for Nigerians...why dem nor take all form themselves? make una wise up oh Nigerians
Owk but ur people got me angry datz y,true talk bro. I like ur comment,God bless u cheesy
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
softysparky:

You Don vex already.
Where have you been
Nope. I was almost vexing. grin

Just around. smiley How are you?
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by tammie24: 3:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Lol! gringrin

My bro
Not all yorubas insulted the president
Likewise not all igbos supported him
Like me, I supported president Jonathan till the very end and I wish things turned out differently
The case with the Oba is different
Yoruba elders have appologized on his behalf still it's not enuf for some igbos
I don't understand!
This attitude by some igbos is part of the reason why the president lost the election and now they want something else
Truth be told would u tolerate this in the east? From any tribe
Let's be honest with ourselves!
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by babajero(m): 3:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
driand:
I am an igbo but if you choose to call me a tout that is unfair, but I want you to know that apc has performed better in Lagos than the pdp in many other states, . Opposition is good for governance but still we want the government that has performed and will perform better with the support of of the FG.
Sorry for calling you a tout if it angered you, but if lagos could get this success as an opposition we still need it that way to checkmate the federal govt, Lagos is the state I know that have enough population with diverse tribes to checkmate the federal, if apc should get Lagos then fed govt willh go free with whatever they do.
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by whitecat2: 3:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
They have even created dozens of threads lying that some people are begging them, and pretending to be Yoruba. How can a people be this backward and fake?

Satan created ibos no doubt!

tammie24:

Correct!
Tell them abeg
Awon oloriburuku!
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
KingTom:

Ok let me summarize what I've heard so far

Yorubas: Abusive, Boastful, proud, and gullible.

Fact.
**Runs out of thread** gringrin
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by KingTom(m): 3:18pm On Apr 09, 2015
AgapeCharis:
**Runs out of thread** gringrin
I am not a tribalist, I no go talk anything, but if anybody quote me based on that I swear, you and your Papa Anenih go get one full bashing thread! grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by tammie24: 3:21pm On Apr 09, 2015
whitecat2:
They have even created dozens of threads lying that some people are begging them, and pretending to be Yoruba. How can a people be this backward and fake?

Satan created ibos no doubt!

Hahahaha
My sis you be winch
"Satan created ibos" cheesy cheesy
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by ElekeNtioba: 3:24pm On Apr 09, 2015
belabela:

Your lack of manners come through in your post however facts need to be stated.

What evidence do you have that they are APC members? So was it a case that the Oba invited APC members or Igbos?

I gave u a source to go for info and u ar still doubting. The igbo leaders at the meeting said they were shocked bt they couldnt confront him at his palace cos it was inappropriate. Why do u think it took them long before they released a statement. Why do u think these mainstream groups are dragging him to NHRC if it ws merely a joke. U see all this tell-tale signs and u still think its a joke.

The oba is an APC supporter, I don't think APC membrs need invite b4 seeing him.
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Obynolee(f): 3:24pm On Apr 09, 2015
mideoti:
Give this guy a break for Pete's sake. Am not saying what he said was right.....i consider it as an absolutely ridiculous statement coming from a person of high position in the Yoruba community
But all the same, an Oba is an Oba, treat him like one even if he doesn't deserve it.
........just saying

No,that is exactly what you said,i think you should better shut your mouth if you don't have any meaningful thing to contribute than coming here to ridicule yourself,he should be left alone to threaten people because he is an Oba,the fact that Igbos are in his domain does it make them his stooge?,didn't the Igbos have right to vote any candidate of their choice?,Agbaje and Ambode are they not Yorubas?,an Oba who retired from Nigerian Police Force as an AIG who knows that he doesn't have right to threaten anybody's life ,who equally knows that law is not a respecter of anybody but goes ahead to do otherwise should be detroned and sent to jail.
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Menace2Society(m): 3:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
Jwonder4eva:

tongue tongue tongue tongue your Oba is a Monkey, if e pain you, then you and your monkey oba can go jump into the Lagoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Your Father is a monkey!Ogun lo pa e sha no be lagoon!
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
mideoti:

U know....there's something called NEMO DAT QUAD NON HABIT, it means You can't give what you don't have
Am not suprised with your comments since u seem not to exhibit common sense, therefore you can't give it!
story for the gods. yoy got served. deal with it. The Oba is an uneducated bigot. he needs adult education and a jail term at ICC
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by swezenberg(m): 3:27pm On Apr 09, 2015
Guyman02:
This is business opportunity. I love the Igbos, they exploit every opportunity to either make name or money grin grin grin

That is Igbos exploiting Igbos. No Yoruba man will buy such T-shirt. So to me it is foolishness
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 09, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

I gave u a source to go for info and u ar still doubting. The igbo leaders at the meeting said they were shocked bt they couldnt confront him at his palace cos it was inappropriate. Why do u think it took them long before they released a statement. Why do u think these mainstream groups are dragging him to NHRC if it ws merely a joke. U see all this tell-tale signs and u still think its a joke.

The oba is an APC supporter, I don't think APC membrs need invite b4 seeing him.

And the ones in the video too were shocked? The palace of the King is not APC's headquaters. It is not shoprite grin

I saw igbos laughing, smiling, clapping
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
chemicool:

You just insulted all the obis, ezes and igwes in Igbo land. Olosi alaini ironu
you and ogunniyi2 should note that you are being ruled by a bigoted monkey of an Oba. illiteracy and bigotry are bastards.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by chinnyness122(f): 3:32pm On Apr 09, 2015
dis is becoming. too much joor
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 09, 2015
tammie24:

My bro
Not all yorubas insulted the president
Likewise not all igbos supported him
Like me, I supported president Jonathan till the very end and I wish things turned out differently
The case with the Oba is different
Yoruba elders have appologized on his behalf still it's not enuf for some igbos
I don't understand!
This attitude by some igbos is part of the reason why the president lost the election and now they want something else
Truth be told would u tolerate this in the east? From any tribe
Let's be honest with ourselves!
I'm not Igbo and I think I am fair on this to a large extent. I don't see how the case with Oba is different. It's even of less gravity compared to what we saw concerning Mr President. Has the Oba come out to apologise about this? No! Does he even think he did something wrong? No.

My point is; why is it that it's now they are remembering their respect whatever? You'll agree with me that it's the same Yorubas(a very large number of the youths and elders) that were at the forefront in digging out new names to mock the President. They insulted him openly without any sense of guilt. Even on social media (thank God you're a nairalander).

Well, as far as I am concerned, the Yorubas have no moral grounds to talk about how to respect authority. Except on the obvious grounds of tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Callmemike(m): 3:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
Toks2008:

lol thats the mistake you are making.

Jonathan can never be higher than an oba.

the office of oba is totally segregated and sacred and the things u say to a president and you go away with it cant be said to an oba.

i wnt argue this wth u but go get your facts right.

The Oba that even a Governor can depose!! The Oba is higher than a president of a country he is living in. A country's number 1 citizen. Tell me something, my wonderful tutor. You are full of wisdom. Please have a pleasant day. I don't have luxury of time wasting.
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by ElekeNtioba: 3:36pm On Apr 09, 2015
tammie24:

Major group indeed
Smh

Efulefu is the Igbo not one of the major tribes.??
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by gidjah(m): 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
Jwonder4eva:

OK ooh!!!!!!!
But please can you give me the name of one non-indigene that tried to hold a post in Igbo land and Igbo people refused Please give me one name.....am waiting
pls bro, let us thread calmly, I lived with my igbo friends all my life , lots of them are big time big guys even in lagos , I can give you their names , I have tried to go into such countless times but met with stiff oppositions by my own child hood friends!, the hand writting on the wall saya it too, I do business within them too and I cann tell you my plenty challenges about. Progress making and the likes, but as I have always said, live and let's live, my sister sells in a restaurants amongst them , you need to see open segregation from my eastern brothers, but tnk God I can speak this nice language and I am progressing with my eastern friends gradually. I need peace alone to reign in lagos and even the east
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Lol! gringrin

For your information, a traditional ruler is greater and respected than a president or d governors........ Governor is appointed officially to do some certain jobs in the state but an Oba is there and will still be there when the so called governor leave d office......

Na when Some nigerians go get sense, that is why it has been easy for politicians to embezzle ur resources cuz We nigerians take dem as god.

#And remember Goodluck is goin back home to bow to his traditional ruler. Wise up Naija
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by mascot87(m): 3:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
naijamerican:

You and your foolish mumu oba are the only idiots here. everyone knows you youroba are useless and hateful. So much so that this old fool would open his mouth and say such hateful nonsense. Its only Yoruba's that will tolerate hate speech from its so called "wise elders" as long as igbos are the target. Had this been a white man from Mississippi calling blacks niggers, these same useless Yorubas would begin shouting condemnations.

I'm glad they are talking this useless oba to court and asking him to explain himself. Igbos have suffered enough genocide at the hands of hateful tribalists in Nigeria. God willing Igbos will create their own nation one day so that they can finally be allowed to flourish.

Who is this foolish Igbo goat ranting like a mad dog? You are a curse to human existence. Foolish man with a bitter heart. Your hatred & unforgiving spirit will kill you one day. ediot
Re: Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC by zimoni(f): 3:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
They should keep pricing the market.

God knows they are going to buy it soon.

Yes, soon.

Alaabaa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Photos Of Victorious Nigerian Soldiers Battling Boko Haram Insurgents / 2023: Corper Donates Allowance To Tinubu (Photo) / Crowd Welcomes Governor Yahaya Bello Back From Abuja In Cotonou (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.