Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari (27891 Views)

Buhari With Ita-Giwa: Says, "2017 Budget Will Not Be Padded Under My Watch" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by yetunsbay(m): 8:30am On Apr 09, 2015
President-elect Muhammadu Buhari yesterday vowed to make judicious use of the nation’s resources, declaring that he will neither embezzle nor allow anyone to embezzle the country’s resources.

Buhari, who made the statement during a town hall meeting yesterday in Yola, said he would give priority attention to fighting corruption, insecurity and enhancing educational development, noting that most of the social ills bedevilling the country could be traced to dearth of education.

He decried the high level of corruption in the country which he blamed for the years of decay that led to massive unemployment, and asserted that, to address the situation, he would invest massively in agriculture and exploit the mineral resources sector in order to create employment.

Buhari noted that for Nigeria to get out of the woods, the people must persevere in nation building, adding that in the face of the massive decay in the system, tackling Nigeria’s problems would be a daunting task.

He also stated that the country was endowed with human and natural resources ‘’but unfortunately the resources were mismanaged and squandered, leading to the present situation in the land”.

Buhari, however, noted that with the support, sacrifice and resolve of Nigerians to effect change, the country will be the better for all.

He reiterated his promise that in the course of running his government, he would not favour or discriminate against anyone, but ensure that Nigeria’s resources are fairly and judiciously distributed across every nook and cranny of the land.

’We will run a transparent government and in doing so I will not favour my family,’’ he said.

The president-elect thanked Nigerians for casting their votes for his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) during the last presidential and National Assembly polls.

The president-elect, who was accompanied by former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, APC national chairman Chief John Odigie-Oyegun and Senator Olurinimbe Mamora, had earlier visited the Lamido of Adamawa, Dr Muhammadu Barkindo Aliyu Musdafa.

http://leadership.ng/news/424088/no-one-will-steal-under-my-watch-buhari

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by ClassyAdewumi(m): 8:36am On Apr 09, 2015
I just hope so..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 09, 2015
Good one from Buhari. If Buhari can run his Government on the principles of fairness & justice then things will go well for Nigeria.

I pray people don't gang up to 'Abiolarize or Yaradualize' Buhari. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 09, 2015
Hmmm some of those guys in PDP that are addicted to stealing public funds will not be happy with this news and so many other chronic prehistoric pen-robbers like akpabio, kashamu, mark, aliyu, jimi agbaje and so many other PDP guys.

I wish buhari all the best though

33 Likes

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by walepinna(m): 8:43am On Apr 09, 2015
Sai Baba
I av lil trust for him but I don't trust those around him...
I jus hope his impact is felt when he assume office...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Chubhie: 8:47am On Apr 09, 2015
Patiently waiting. Action speaks louder than words.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by kodded(m): 8:48am On Apr 09, 2015
kastonkastrol:
Hmmm some of those guys in PDP that are addicted to stealing public funds will not be happy with this news and so many other chronic prehistoric pen-robbers. I wish buhari all the best though
but 80% of all the corrupt PdP guys have gone to apc to seek protection ......
. Will buhari jail his fellow party member ?

Will tinibu take it likely with him ?

**Spread mat and put on ma 3D glass**

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 09, 2015
grin

Nigerians will never learn.
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 09, 2015
kodded:

mtcheww.. You know buhari will never ever allow his party members to steal but that can not be said about those thieving PDP guys that steal with impunity and without the fear of God.

And what will jagaban do if buhari is dealing with the corrupt elements in PDP

11 Likes

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by kodded(m): 9:02am On Apr 09, 2015
kastonkastrol:
mtcheww.. You know buhari will never ever allow his party members to steal but that can not be said about those thieving PDP guys that steal with impunity and without the fear of God.

And what will jagaban do if buhari is dealing with the corrupt elements in PDP
I mean the corrupt element that has decamped from pdp to apc

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 09, 2015
kodded:
I mean the corrupt element that has decamped from pdp to apc
I know. We will put them in check.
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 09, 2015
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by dunkem21(m): 9:08am On Apr 09, 2015
Charity, they say, begins at ....

1 Like

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by kodded(m): 9:12am On Apr 09, 2015
kastonkastrol:
I know. We will put them in check.
I hope so

1 Like

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by gen2briz(m): 9:22am On Apr 09, 2015
Please let them steal so that you can send them to jail.

3 Likes

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by jimi4us: 9:57am On Apr 09, 2015
dis mallam can't take us to the promise land. we all know that. let him jail tinubu first then we can start talking

8 Likes

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by jimi4us: 9:58am On Apr 09, 2015
by dis time in 4years time na we go dey shout change the mallam change the mallam

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by paulolee(m): 11:10am On Apr 09, 2015
kk..... story for d gods.. .
wi av heard u bt if tinubu steals under ur watch, u wud jail him abi??...
pls if deY successfully steals n u pretend as if u ain't aware of wats cooking in d kitchen n after 4 years wi asked for anoda change n u seek for anoda tenure n last, pls sir just pretend like a good Democrat even If u ain't n step down coz wi dnT even want any rat to b soaked wt blood..... plsssssss

7 Likes

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by cococandy(f): 11:10am On Apr 09, 2015
Well abacha didn't steal any money according to him.
His 'friends' won't steal because he will make sure they don't get caught.
When he's ready to police thieves, we will know.

15 Likes

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by MrNL(m): 11:10am On Apr 09, 2015
The general has spoken
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by obailala(m): 11:11am On Apr 09, 2015
kodded:

The point is that they wouldnt be allowed to steal henceforth. It doesn't matter if they stole under OBJ, Yaradua or GEJ, but onwards from May 29th, NEVER AGAIN!

5 Likes

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by moscobabs(m): 11:11am On Apr 09, 2015
Except if tinubu is not alive

8 Likes

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by sanandreas(m): 11:12am On Apr 09, 2015
Easier said than done. This is democracy and not military regime. You can stem it but not totally eradicate it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by stanech: 11:13am On Apr 09, 2015
kastonkastrol:
Hmmm some of those guys in PDP that are addicted to stealing public funds will not be happy with this news and so many other chronic prehistoric pen-robbers like akpabio, kashamu, mark, aliyu, jimi agbaje and so many other PDP guys.

I wish buhari all the best though

a lot of them are in the APC too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Firefire(m): 11:13am On Apr 09, 2015
AMEN!
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Texcoco(m): 11:13am On Apr 09, 2015
Propaganda...

1 Like

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by giwah(m): 11:13am On Apr 09, 2015
Nice. May the good God guide the president elect. Nigerians and Nigeria as a whole indeed need this change.
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Firefire(m): 11:13am On Apr 09, 2015
moscobabs:
Except if tinubu is not alive

I expect the human being to have CHANGE ?
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Hempe(m): 11:14am On Apr 09, 2015
shocked shocked shocked no place for looters.
Make den disappear shap shapsha ;Dp grin
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by obailala(m): 11:14am On Apr 09, 2015
sanandreas:
Easier said than done. This is democracy and not military regime. You can stem it but not totally eradicate it.
Of course you cant stop people that you haven't caught. The statement simply means he wouldn't watch and smile like GEJ while everyone (both enemies and his friends) loots the country dry.

5 Likes

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Firefire(m): 11:14am On Apr 09, 2015
kodded:

Watching...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Youths Break Into APC National Secretariat In Abuja, Chase Away Staff / 2023: Pick Northern Candidate, Forget Igbo Votes – Ohanaeze Tells PDP / What Happens When The Federal Government Declares A State Of Emergency?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.