Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari (27896 Views)

Buhari With Ita-Giwa: Says, "2017 Budget Will Not Be Padded Under My Watch" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by ramdris(m): 11:44am On Apr 09, 2015
jimi4us:
dis mallam can't take us to the promise land. we all know that. let him jail tinubu first then we can start talking
Why can't Obasanjo, Yar'adua and Jonathan jailed Tinubu if he was found guilty? People should learn to use their brain to think.
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by mavinc4u(f): 11:44am On Apr 09, 2015
Okay, noted sir. I really await your tenure where N1 equals to $1. We are going to enjoy.

1 Like

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by jimmynauty: 11:44am On Apr 09, 2015
yetunsbay:
President-elect Muhammadu Buhari yesterday vowed to make judicious use of the nation’s resources, declaring that he will neither embezzle nor allow anyone to embezzle the country’s resources.

Buhari, who made the statement during a town hall meeting yesterday in Yola, said he would give priority attention to fighting corruption, insecurity and enhancing educational development, noting that most of the social ills bedevilling the country could be traced to dearth of education.

He decried the high level of corruption in the country which he blamed for the years of decay that led to massive unemployment, and asserted that, to address the situation, he would invest massively in agriculture and exploit the mineral resources sector in order to create employment.

Buhari noted that for Nigeria to get out of the woods, the people must persevere in nation building, adding that in the face of the massive decay in the system, tackling Nigeria’s problems would be a daunting task.

He also stated that the country was endowed with human and natural resources ‘’but unfortunately the resources were mismanaged and squandered, leading to the present situation in the land”.

Buhari, however, noted that with the support, sacrifice and resolve of Nigerians to effect change, the country will be the better for all.

He reiterated his promise that in the course of running his government, he would not favour or discriminate against anyone, but ensure that Nigeria’s resources are fairly and judiciously distributed across every nook and cranny of the land.

’We will run a transparent government and in doing so I will not favour my family,’’ he said.

The president-elect thanked Nigerians for casting their votes for his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) during the last presidential and National Assembly polls.

The president-elect, who was accompanied by former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, APC national chairman Chief John Odigie-Oyegun and Senator Olurinimbe Mamora, had earlier visited the Lamido of Adamawa, Dr Muhammadu Barkindo Aliyu Musdafa.

http://leadership.ng/news/424088/no-one-will-steal-under-my-watch-buhari
bookmarked
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by philips70(m): 11:54am On Apr 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Good one from Buhari. If Buhari can run his Government on the principles of fairness & justice then things will go well for Nigeria.

I pray people don't gang up to 'Abiolarize or Yaradualize' Buhari. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Thanks for your optimism. This is what we shared when we pitched our tent with this man from day one. Wasn't really an APC thing. We also have many thieves there as they are in the PDP.
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Flyingngel(m): 11:55am On Apr 09, 2015
I can't wait to see him reduce corruption to it lowest ebb. This may 29 looks like eternity.

1 Like

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by openmine(m): 11:55am On Apr 09, 2015
kastonkastrol:
mtcheww.. You know buhari will never ever allow his party members to steal but that can not be said about those thieving PDP guys that steal with impunity and without the fear of God.

And what will jagaban do if buhari is dealing with the corrupt elements in PDP
ehmm sorry ohh....during abacha's regime,where buhari was ptf chairman,how come billions of naira were declared missing 'under his watch'?
if he cud not stop d stealing as ptf chairman,how will he stop such now dat he is president of a country?

1 Like

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 09, 2015
jimi4us:
dis mallam can't take us to the promise land. we all know that. let him jail tinubu first then we can start talking
Can you point one crime of Tinibu that require jail sentence?
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by doninno(m): 11:56am On Apr 09, 2015
Abi well lets hope God is wit him nd let him bring dat change we need
ClassyAdewumi:
I just hope so..

1 Like

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Mistermamus(m): 12:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
tinubu n co nko? mtsheww
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by tolexy007(m): 12:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
Pa tym will tell, if you can stand on ur word, don't forget diz is not Naija of 1983.bt I pray dat God will help u. God bless Nigeria
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Reference(m): 12:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
blacksta:
At least give him credit...He understands what stealing and corruption is...not like our former ... who said stealing is not corruption

Hope dey for Nigeria

Expectations are already flagging despite not even a shot being fired. Sigh.... Nigeria.
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by 2el(m): 12:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
He is just like Alibaba and the forty thieves.
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by openmine(m): 12:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
darlenese:
If u want me to believe u, then get rid of Tinubu and FASHOLA first
he won't even attempt it....u can't curse d air u breath...u can't bite d fingers dat fed u....or damn d bridge dat led u tru...if he cud not stem looting during his time as ptf chairman,I doubt if he do beta as president...just hope am wrong..
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by favourmic(m): 12:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Good one from Buhari. If Buhari can run his Government on the principles of fairness & justice then things will go well for Nigeria.

I pray people don't gang up to 'Abiolarize or Yaradualize' Buhari. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Hahaha crazy fellow weting be yardualize mad man
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
angry angry angry angry angry angry angryBuhari is another over-hyped corrupt leader of Nigeria!
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Obidikejr(m): 12:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

we all pray no harm comes to him, if it involves me being his chief-of-detail i wouldnt mind.
*i am among the minor few from the igbo land supportin gmb and i do so with good hope for a better future for everyone and even for my people. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by bjdon: 12:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
Has Tinubu received the memo? What about Amechi?
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by shaqhead: 12:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
sanandreas:
Easier said than done. This is democracy and not military regime. You can stem it but not totally eradicate it.
Yh but no government wl give u utopia. Evn in china or Asia wia ppl r hanged for sundry offences, u wont get such but atlist government officials kno there are consequences unlike in ds outgoing governmnt!

But imaagne what we could do wt funds embezzled by 10 out of 20 govment officials. Buhari as a person cnt flush out corruption but there r institutions saddled wt such responsibility wc have lost bite over time. What IF somehow we wake up n d Immunity clause is thrown in d bin? What if some Whistle blower protection and Reward Programme was put in place? Wl this go in no small way to curb corruption?

This is nt goin to b a one day, One month, One Year thing considering d systemic rot.

2 Likes

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Obidikejr(m): 12:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
mavinc4u:
Okay, noted sir. I really await your tenure where N1 equals to $1. We are going to enjoy.
DID he really say this verbatim to verbatim? or you,as well as over half the nigerian population misunderstood what he said... i believe he could work towards bringing up the naira value in the international market but making it a N1 to a $1 is a feat to big to achieve overnight, so dont expect as soon as he resumes the seat of the president everything will jus happen like a flash..
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Pinkieblue(f): 12:18pm On Apr 09, 2015
kastonkastrol:
Hmmm some of those guys in PDP that are addicted to stealing public funds will not be happy with this news and so many other chronic prehistoric pen-robbers like akpabio, kashamu, mark, aliyu, jimi agbaje and so many other PDP guys.

I wish buhari all the best though

So wat about those that stole under pdp and defected 2 APC ?
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by taakper: 12:19pm On Apr 09, 2015
Dats my presido talking

1 Like

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by tinacrl01(m): 12:21pm On Apr 09, 2015
What is atiku abubakar doing with buhari? This guy no go let this man give us light na
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Ominiriches(m): 12:23pm On Apr 09, 2015
We are watching to see the promises and the encompassing benefit that will emanate from it.
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Obidikejr(m): 12:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
openmine:

ehmm sorry ohh....during abacha's regime,where buhari was ptf chairman,how come billions of naira were declared missing 'under his watch'?
if he cud not stop d stealing as ptf chairman,how will he stop such now dat he is president of a country?
being a ptf chairman is different from being a president, being the president gives you the power to almost everything. how can you guarantee his life and that of his family if he had come all out against the government of abacha, the abacha famous for his brutality, the abacha who silenced mko and many others, dont forget the military regime was barbaric and had no regard for human life...but wait o, did you think if it was then sanusi lamido would have been able to say $20bil of oil money was missing from the national treasury? he would lose his tongue first b4 he said $2..i bet if you were to be in buhari's shoes then, you will simply wait until its your time to climb the seat to straighten things up jus like he did.

1 Like

Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by stanech: 12:33pm On Apr 09, 2015
They will steal and you can't do nothing but charge them to court
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
People mentioning Tinubu, Amaechi et al. It's not possible not to steal in Nigeria while holding an office of that caliber but it has to be reasonable. So I guess what he meant was people would steal reasonably under his watch.
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by ogene007: 12:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
We are watching how thiefnnubu and Amaechi would be made to conform to this new mantra.
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 09, 2015
When is this one going to expire undecided tinubu and co are taking too long...
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by silvernus0: 12:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
is atiku stil in dis party ?? dint Hear Or see much of him during d campaign.
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by Horus(m): 12:49pm On Apr 09, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aToxPPUui8A

[size=15pt]Buhari - I Will Tackle Corruption To Its Fullest Even With My Party[/size]
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by desireoge(f): 12:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
Na today?
Re: No One Will Steal Under My Watch – Buhari by deletrue: 12:57pm On Apr 09, 2015
But he is with the big time corrupt men like Atiku, Thiefnu.bu etc. Na wao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose Bans Cattle Grazing In Ekiti, Says; “cattle Farmers Must Own Ranch / Orji Uzor Kalu Joins APC / Pastor Adeboye Commissions Ecumenical Centre Built By Wike, Patience Attends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.