Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Oba Akiolu Apologises To The Igbos By Proxy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Akiolu Apologises To The Igbos By Proxy (1341 Views)

Abdulsalami Abubakar Reacts To Quit Notice Given To Igbos By Arewa Youths / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Ultimatum To Igbos By Northern Youths / The Economist Article: Tolu Ogunlesi's Attempt to wail By Proxy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Akiolu Apologises To The Igbos By Proxy by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 09, 2015
My Igbo brothers & sisters still angry at the recent utterances from the Oba of Lagos should read this. He has indirectly apologised through another monarch and I think this should suffice. I believe he does not want to do this himself so as not to be seen as weak by his subjects and this is understandable.

Please let us accept this proxy apology and move on. Let there be peace and God bless us all.

In another development, some Yoruba monarchs asked Igbo people to forgive the Oba adding that Yoruba and Igbo will continue living peacefully side by side.

The Yoruba traditional rulers made their position known yesterday as they hosted Igbo leaders from different parts of Lagos, Vanguard provides.

Oba Kayode Akinyemi, the Alabirun of Ikare, speaking on behalf of seven other Obas, insisted that Akiolu’s statement, which generated many angry reactions, should be seen as a slip of the tongue.

Gordian Dimojiaku, the Eze-Ndigbo of Amuwo-Oriade, said he had been present at the meeting when the Oba made the comment. Dimojiaku noted that the speaker did not mean any harm to Igbo.

http://www.naij.com/417718-nigerian-security-taking-action-on-oba-akiolu.html
Re: Oba Akiolu Apologises To The Igbos By Proxy by MugabeRobert: 10:08am On Apr 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
[s]My Igbo brothers & sisters still angry at the recent utterances from the Oba of Lagos should read this. He has indirectly apologised through another monarch and I think this should suffice. I believe he does not want to do this himself so as not to be seen as weak by his subjects and this is understandable.

Please let us accept this proxy apology and move on. Let there be peace and God bless us all.

In another development, some Yoruba monarchs asked Igbo people to forgive the Oba adding that Yoruba and Igbo will continue living peacefully side by side.

The Yoruba traditional rulers made their position known yesterday as they hosted Igbo leaders from different parts of Lagos, Vanguard provides.

Oba Kayode Akinyemi, the Alabirun of Ikare, speaking on behalf of seven other Obas, insisted that Akiolu’s statement, which generated many angry reactions, should be seen as a slip of the tongue.

Gordian Dimojiaku, the Eze-Ndigbo of Amuwo-Oriade, said he had been present at the meeting when the Oba made the comment. Dimojiaku noted that the speaker did not mean any harm to Igbo.

http://www.naij.com/417718-nigerian-security-taking-action-on-oba-akiolu.htm[/s]l

Re: Oba Akiolu Apologises To The Igbos By Proxy by PointB: 10:09am On Apr 09, 2015
Saying "forgive him" is not the same as saying "he's sorry". In any-case, they should tell him to properly guide his tongue and actions next time!

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Apologises To The Igbos By Proxy by MugabeRobert: 10:10am On Apr 09, 2015
PointB:
[s]Saying "forgive him" is not the same as saying "he's sorry". In any-case, they should tell him to properly guide his tongue and actions next time![/s]

Oba cannot beg okoros. Do your worst!

OK, how about stop developing Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Apologises To The Igbos By Proxy by temitemi1(m): 10:10am On Apr 09, 2015
He should apologize openly.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Apologises To The Igbos By Proxy by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 09, 2015
temitemi1:
. Gbam!!!
Re: Oba Akiolu Apologises To The Igbos By Proxy by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 09, 2015
Yoruba traditional rulers have asked for forgiveness on his behalf and I believe this is coming from him.

Apology accepted. cool

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Apologises To The Igbos By Proxy by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 09, 2015
MugabeRobert:

Oba cannot beg okoros. Do your worst!

OK, how about stop developing Lagos?

Yoruba traditional rulers have spoken for him and I understand why. Apology accepted!
Re: Oba Akiolu Apologises To The Igbos By Proxy by chuose: 10:18am On Apr 09, 2015
WHICH KIND APOLOGY ?
IGBO PEOPLE ARE FORCED TO CLOSE SHOP AND ATTEND AMBODE'S CAMPAIGN.
THEY ARE NOW FORCED.

IS THE OBA OKAY UPSTAIRS?

Today, hundreds of shop owners, especially of Igbo, were reportedly forced to shut-down their shops at the Idumota Market, Lagos Island and ordered to go and join the APC candidate, Akinwunmi Ambode .

This is coming when the Lagos monarch is under heavy criticism for threatening to deal with Igbo residents of Lagos if they ddid not vote for his APC candidate, Akinwunmi Ambode.

One of the traders in an sms message to reporters said, “We arrived Idumota market to our shops as early as 8am. Shortly after, some thugs came, ordering us shut our shops on the orders of Oba Akiolu. They gave us 10 minutes to hurriedly close shops and join the waiting vehicles parked in front of his palace, and heading to Orile, venue of Ambode’s campaign led by the President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.”

Some of the Igbo traders who deal on pharmaceutical products in the market said when they arrived the market, some messengers informed them that Oba Akiolu ordered everyone to close shop and join buses numbering over 100.

A Pharmaceutical products dealer, said: “We were shocked at what happened today (Tuesday) in Idumota market. When we got to the market, we were caught unawares by a purported order from the Oba of Lagos, directing all traders to close shop and join a bus heading for Ambode’s campaign.

“We were shocked by this directive, because we were never informed the previous day (Monday) about this directive. More worrisome is the fact that I lost millions of naira because of this self-serving coercion by the Oba.”

Another pharmaceutical products dealer, said: “I feel this recent forceful directive by the Oba is in fulfilment of his recent threat to deal with Ndigbo if they fail to vote for his preferred candidate. But as far as I am concerned, no amount of threat or coercion will deter me from making my choice at the forthcoming governorship election in Lagos State.”

Some Igbo traders view the monarch’s order as not unconnected with the campaign of Ambode in the Orile axis of the state. President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari and other APC national leaders were in Lagos today to lead the campaign train

http://www.genechy.com/2015/04/oba-of-lagos-shuts-igbo-shops-in.html
Re: Oba Akiolu Apologises To The Igbos By Proxy by MugabeRobert: 10:21am On Apr 09, 2015
temitemi1:

Not in a million light years to come. If this is so painful you should stop developing Lagos. Owon lori pelebe oshi.

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Apologises To The Igbos By Proxy by MugabeRobert: 10:23am On Apr 09, 2015
[s]
chuose:
WHICH KIND APOLOGY ?
THEY ARE NOW FORCED.

[/s]

Brouhahahahahahahh!!!

Whatchu gonna do, hun? COWARDS cheesy cheesy
Re: Oba Akiolu Apologises To The Igbos By Proxy by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 09, 2015
chuose:
WHICH KIND APOLOGY ?
THEY ARE NOW FORCED.

If this report is true then the Government of the day should live up to it's responsibility and take necessary actions to defend the rights of all Nigerians.

I hate harassment and I condemn this in the strongest terms. Where is Jonathan & Fashola? Where is the President-elect? Why are my people being harassed in their own country?
Re: Oba Akiolu Apologises To The Igbos By Proxy by chuose: 10:28am On Apr 09, 2015
MugabeRobert:

Not in a million light years to come. If this is so painful you should stop developing Lagos. Owon lori pelebe oshi.

I can see you are seriously tribalist like your Oba!
Re: Oba Akiolu Apologises To The Igbos By Proxy by MugabeRobert: 10:29am On Apr 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

[s]
If this report is true then the Government of the day should live up to it's responsibility and take necessary actions to defend the rights of all Nigerians.

I hate harassment and I condemn this in the strongest terms. Where is Jonathan & Fashola? Where is the President-elect? Why are my people being harassed in their own country[/s]?

No government can help you fight your hosts. You loons should get that in to your Igbos.
Re: Oba Akiolu Apologises To The Igbos By Proxy by MugabeRobert: 10:31am On Apr 09, 2015
chuose:

I can see you are seriously tribalist like your Oba!

No, am like this men below.

Yesterday, the entire People’s Democratic Party appeared to descend on Anambra to push the gubernatorial candidate, Tony Nwoye into winning an election many pundits think he won’t. He has been involved in litigation over who is candidate for the pasty for the past few months – and has been late to the campaign trail.

Drunk on the wine of now-possible success, the PDP bigwigs at the event – including President Goodluck Jonathan – found it a bit difficult to control their tongues. We bring you some of the statements, thanks to Premium Times, that were so bad, they’re almost unbelievable

“50 per cent of the private jets in Nigeria are owned by Anambra people” – President Goodluck Jonathan

“I told Gov. Obi to hand over to this young man,” – PDP chairman, Bamanga Tukur

“Today we have for the first time in history, a candidate from Anambra North. I’m sure that the people of Anambra North will do anything to put their son, Comrade Tony Nwoye, into the Government House come 2014” – Senator Margaret Okadigbo

“If it is not Panadol it can never be like Panadol. This is a party that is deporting your sons and daughters and demolishing their shops” – Governor of Akwa Ibom, Godswill Akpabio said.

“Mr. President, kidnapping in Anambra is a lucrative business” – Governorship candidate, Tony Nwoye

However, it was apparently PDP board of trustees member and billionaire chairman of Orient Petroleum that went on the most expansive roll:

Take 1: “For many years the orphans and widows in this state were neglected, until God brought Jonathan from a village in Otuoke. The same thing happened to Tony Nwoye, from a village called Nsugbe. They have no money,” Mr. Eze said.

Take 2: “That short man called Ngige, we gave him power and he went and joined Awolowo’s people; the people that killed the Igbos.”

Take 3: “Peter Obi, we gave him power, he did not conduct election for eight years. He was busy building mansions and marble houses everywhere.”

Take 4: “Anambra people, let us change your lives while we are still alive.”

And for good measure, he appears to be in tune with the life expectancy average in Nigeria under the leadership of his favourite president.

“”I’m 65 years,” Mr. Eze declared at the rally. “And I’ll die very soon.”

Let no one stand between an old man and his wishes.

Source: http://www.ynaija.com/ngige-joined-awolowos-people-who-killed-the-igbos-see-10-of-the-most-ridiculous-things-said-at-the-pdpanambra-rally-yesterday/
Re: Oba Akiolu Apologises To The Igbos By Proxy by Young03(m): 10:32am On Apr 09, 2015
Nkea gbasara unu
Re: Oba Akiolu Apologises To The Igbos By Proxy by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 09, 2015
Lalasticlala

Ngwakwe

Ikenna351

Afam4eva

OAM4J
Re: Oba Akiolu Apologises To The Igbos By Proxy by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I hate harassment and I condemn this in the strongest terms. Where is Jonathan & Fashola? Where is the President-elect? Why are my people being harassed in their own country?

we Igbos brought it on ourself. I dare say it serves us right. It is never too late, our house is still empty in the east but we choose to slave in Lagos at the threat of our lives.

They said they dont want u in "their land" you dont want to go and yet u dont want to abide by their terms, its trouble u are looking for.

Noro ng'ahu ka ndi ofe mmanu mesiwa unu ike. Abum nwa Chukwu ma na umu ihe ndia na agbakasi m ahu, achogim iji nti nu ya. Efudi ka ha di ka ihe a na eji atu aja.
Re: Oba Akiolu Apologises To The Igbos By Proxy by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 09, 2015
Jazper:

we Igbos brought it on ourself. I dare say it serves us right. It is never too late, our house is still empty in the east but we choose to slave in Lagos at the threat of our lives.

They said they dont want u in "their land" you dont want to go and yet u dont want to abide by their terms, its trouble u are looking for.

Noro ng'ahu ka ndi ofe mmanu mesiwa unu ike ebe ahu. Abum nwa Chukwu ma na umu ihe ndia na agbakasi m ahu, achogim iji nti nu ya. Efudi ka ha di ka ihe a na eji atu aja.

I agree with you 100%.Our people don't want to learn and they don't want to hear the truth. Take your development projects to this East, they say no, it must be Lagos.

We are here hitting our chests about how we have developed Lagos and feeding the Yorubas and that they cannot survive without us and I ask why we cannot move to our homeland in the East and create another Lagos there since we developed Lagos. undecided undecided undecided

The truth hurts but it will bring freedom if accepted. embarassed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Shale Boom Has Already Gone Bust - At Least For Now / Photos: Anglican Church Nigeria Holds Farewell & Thanksgiving Service For GEJ / Tension As Imo Government Spare Hausas' Owned Shops While Demolishing Igbos'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.