Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,134 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos (118895 Views)

Brass LGA Now Trending In Twitter: See What People Are Saying (snapshot) / Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech / Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by oluyemieve(f): 3:38pm On Apr 09, 2015
So sorry that a man would go bringing evil upon himself so easily like this! What sense does it make making it easier for the devil who the Bible calls our adversary whose sole aim is to steal, to kill and to destroy? And some people are here hailing the guy in the horrible T-shirt to his destruction? Smh
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by 151487made(m): 3:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
Jwonder4eva:
THE IGBO'S ARE FEARLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lagoon Party Loading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OBA Akiolu should better start praying that no igbo man is hurt or else ICC awaits him... I know some yoruba will say we can't take him to ICC, yes for now we can't but as soon as an Igbo man is killed because of his comment then your Oba will be taken away from the throne, am sure he is not Bigger than Kenya's President or Gbagbo's Wife.. OBA must be use as a scape-goat other monarchs will learn to think before they speak.
and u tink u can rubbish our monarch without leaving south west
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by sweettease(f): 3:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
jaybee3:

Stay clear of diabetes jor
Insipidus abi mellitus? tongue
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by babajero(m): 3:40pm On Apr 09, 2015
holatin:
I wount dignify you with the right response because it will be laced with tribalism comment
You have nothing to say, you know what i wrote is the truth
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by anyaekekehinde(m): 3:40pm On Apr 09, 2015
laudate:

Mind to do what?? Bros, I doubt if you know the history of the Biafan war as you claim. The most strategic error they committed was the march to Ore! It cost them the war!

If they had stayed put defending the South-East, they would have worn more support. What did they expect the people of Ore in Ondo State to do?? Sit down idly twiddling their thumbs?? shocked shocked

well.. it might have been a mistake.. i am not arguing about that, what i am trying to stress is their boldness and courage.. it might have been that show of boldness that led them to ore that cost them the war
what i was just trying to point out is..this group of people are bold and courageous.

despite all what they lost during the civil war then..here they are today, waxing strong economically

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Reference(m): 3:42pm On Apr 09, 2015
Skoopy:

You don't want to experiment that, do you?

Hahaha. Of course not. You wouldn't catch my shadow a milliom miles from the polling units. For me election days are national holidays.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Cityguy: 3:42pm On Apr 09, 2015
[quote author=ogene007 post=32521744][/quote]
Some people don't know shi*t. The election is not about who wins. Agbaje is not an ibo man but what this is about is 'freedom' to make one's choice without the overbearing, over-the-shoulder attitude of some people. It does not matter whether Agbaje wins or lose; it's about the right of a people to make choices they believe in and not coerced situation some 'local and APC e-lords' would like the ibos swallow hook, line and sinker.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by mimicious(f): 3:43pm On Apr 09, 2015
Built2last:
Aside the excessive audacity which breeds arrogance and pride with Igbos, This is the part i like about Igbos...Everything is business...let truth be told. Igbos are way ahead in business in Nigeria. I entered Ladipo market one day and couldnt find one shop owned by a Yoruba man in the two hours i spent there. I think business is genetic for them. can you remember the ''my oga at the top stuff'' while some of us typed on the internet, Aba boys were thinking business. Mbaka spoke against GEJ, few days after, (Mbaka but why T. shirt was all over the market). They seem not interested in white collar jobs like every other tribe. If we have more entrepreneurs, the faster we come out of the corruption in public and civil service. when i finished NYSC, i was retained in the bank with one Emeka boy..I remeber during the interview, one of the panelists said, Emeka, you are supposed to be in Aba or Alaba, what are you doing here? the Igbo jokingly said, its capital am looking for..six years after, the Igbo boy resigned, we never knew he was combining banking with real estate business..on saturdays he was a house searching agent. he told me he sold two houses in Ikoyi and resigned...Till i left the bank, his salary account was in millions...doing so well in business, the latest he told me last year was that, one of the panelists in that our interview is now his account officer...I just love the business part of them and maybe the way they adore their wives and children. They take family very seriously. Emeka is so wealthy and lavishes his wealth on his wife and 3 boys. Needless to say he inspired me into business and i am doing well too, but not anywhere near Emeka.

Throw them into the Lagoon and see the potentials of that water developed by them.

U deserve a big hug!! Nice write up

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by kasiem(m): 3:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
omonnakoda:
Please do not talk stupidly .Try to comprehend before talking. One of the biggest businesses in the world Walmart is made of stores so I am not speaking against stores as a business.If you do not understand that that is not my problem. Trading however is different from a business. Everyone knows that Dangote started as a trader so spare me the sermon. The fact is not all traders are businessmen. There is a huge difference between the two which your Ladipo brethren have not grasped. We are talking of a scrap market selling parts of dismembered vehicles and FAKE parts.

SERIOUS BUSINESSMEN DO NOT SELL FAKES. That is the difference. A serious businessman does not seek to exploit you today and damn the consequences.He wants to build a REPUTATION
What we have in Ladipo is a hybrid of criminality and "trading" selling butchered stolen vehicles and laundering drug money such things do not grow into Walmarts or Microsoft.Ask yourself this question.; Alaba market has been there for over 30 years why have they not progressed to manufacturing.Why have they not grown to the size wher they can offer warranties as you get in places like South Africa. The Eboes in Ladipo are in competition and do no wish to see each others progress and so you will never see them come together to form a joint venture or company. Bil Gates today owns less than half or Microsoft ditto for Wal Mart and the Walton family
Do you folk think we are that stupid that we don't know these traders by day are armed robbers and drug dealers by night.That many of these stores are fronts for drug money? We know how to deal with you ruthlessly but are accommodating.There are laws that allow government to confiscate unexplained wealth or proceeds of crime. We are tolerant but your boastful nature can push saints to villainy
since u know all this what's stopping u, ur family, or any person from ur community from being serious business person.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by HzRF(m): 3:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
The prediction dat Nigeria will slipt this yr might be true after all
Every tribe claiming they are right
Well I think Igbo have d right to vote for their choice they ve been supporting tinubu for 16 yrs .tinubu himself claimed over 40% of lag is made up of igbos
That means ad/acn/APC have been backed By igbos and there has never been igbo this,Igbo that or Yoruba is dis ,Yoruba. Is DAT
If after 16yrs they want change let dem have it,atleast APC will rule from d centre thanks to change
This msg of hates should stop before u knw it ,this hatred will start to reflect on ground h

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Holuwathoby(m): 3:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
Jwonder4eva:
THE IGBO'S ARE FEARLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lagoon Party Loading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OBA Akiolu should better start praying that no igbo man is hurt or else ICC awaits him... I know some yoruba will say we can't take him to ICC, yes for now we can't but as soon as an Igbo man is killed because of his comment then your Oba will be taken away from the throne, am sure he is not Bigger than Kenya's President or Gbagbo's Wife.. OBA must be use as a scape-goat other monarchs will learn to think before they speak.
u know what? just have a protest march to the palace and dethrone him since u r fearless
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by ngoziama: 3:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
ilugunboy:
You want to die in the Lagoon......

God will grant you that wish.

You want to also die in the lagoon

GOD will surely grant you that wish

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by humblesteve(m): 3:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
Built2last:
Aside the excessive audacity which breeds arrogance and pride with Igbos, This is the part i like about Igbos...Everything is business...let truth be told. Igbos are way ahead in business in Nigeria. I entered Ladipo market one day and couldnt find one shop owned by a Yoruba man in the two hours i spent there. I think business is genetic for them. can you remember the ''my oga at the top stuff'' while some of us typed on the internet, Aba boys were thinking business. Mbaka spoke against GEJ, few days after, (Mbaka but why T. shirt was all over the market). They seem not interested in white collar jobs like every other tribe. If we have more entrepreneurs, the faster we come out of the corruption in public and civil service. when i finished NYSC, i was retained in the bank with one Emeka boy..I remeber during the interview, one of the panelists said, Emeka, you are supposed to be in Aba or Alaba, what are you doing here? the Igbo jokingly said, its capital am looking for..six years after, the Igbo boy resigned, we never knew he was combining banking with real estate business..on saturdays he was a house searching agent. he told me he sold two houses in Ikoyi and resigned...Till i left the bank, his salary account was in millions...doing so well in business, the latest he told me last year was that, one of the panelists in that our interview is now his account officer...I just love the business part of them and maybe the way they adore their wives and children. They take family very seriously. Emeka is so wealthy and lavishes his wealth on his wife and 3 boys. Needless to say he inspired me into business and i am doing well too, but not anywhere near Emeka.

Throw them into the Lagoon and see the potentials of that water developed by them.

very inspiring shot story and best comment of the week

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by olisaokere(m): 3:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
Built2last:

Who told you igbos seem not be interested in white colar jobs??and I wonder why one of the panelist as you called it would ask such a question during an interview.from your write up,I think you trying to take a swipe at igbos and no sane Igbo person will like your write up
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
ngoziama:

You want to also die in the lagoon

GOD will surely grant you that wish

If you agree with the guy.....you can go on a rendezvous with him to deep down the Lagos Lagoon.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by olareed(m): 3:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
I can only see cluelessness and blind followership here....Now u will start hearing stupid talks like: I prefer to die in the lagoon to voting for Ambode OR I prefer to suffer the dividends of democracy to voting for Ambode...U sef reason na,is dat not stupidity...and after the election,u will see them running to their villages because Lagos won't seem a good place to survive again because they have stupidly sold their dividends of democracy...
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
hotwax:

So what r u now doing? Painting shirts? Cowards. Try that with Hausas and get slaughtered ....

ELection is coming , u all ran away from the north. Cowards. Because Yorubas are accomodating, you are flexing skeletal muscle...yeye ise

....Are u always unhappy? what has the igbo done to u, how old are u by the way u talk like a 20 years old..
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by agoadiv(m): 3:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
Certainly u like me!
ginawest:
lolz....dats y I lyk d ibos..dey r very fearless
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Obidikejr(m): 3:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
holatin:
not in the north but in the south.
Yoruba are so accommodating, you think this recent drama can happen in the north without your so called "fearless" blood been shed.

Stop beating your chest and forming superman.

One Nigeria
say no to tribalism
whats this one talking again, did u hear anyone talk about tribalism here? the guy u quoted above is an ibo and your oba told him to go drown and he didnt say anything hurtful in rataliation but simply that ibos are fearless and just carried the matter on your head like a crown.. so whats tribalist about his comment? i know a handful of yoruba in the east and plenty here in the north, so why are u pridin yourself with the mere fact that you are accomodating, china is, america is, is it not yoruba people that is half the entire nigerian population in london? hater.evn the hausas dat i shuld expect hate words from are not hating. all i can say 2 u right now is "say no to tribalism" stand by your,stop bein a hypocrite
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Skoopy(m): 3:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
Reference:

Hahaha. Of course not. You wouldn't catch my shadow a milliom miles from the polling units. For me election days are national holidays.

Hahaha funny guy. Lol.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Ezemust: 3:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
holatin:
you let dem be or you know the treatment dey do give you when you Bleep up
look dez a wide deff btwn we and northerners dan we and westerner.d northerners r muslim and fanatics at dat.wats d gain in killing a man who has no valour for his life?even wen u kill hundred of dem dat benefits u notn.dats y we just let dem be
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by omonnakoda: 3:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
kasiem:
since u know all this what's stopping u, ur family, or any person from ur community from being serious business person.
lol! you do not know me or my family. not everyone will be a business person there are many other vocations in life Everyone has their calling some will be politicians,entertainers,preachers academic,soldiers,jurists etc and some like your family will be prostitutes and drug dealers etc then we will need police men to arrest them and judges to jail them. Everyone cannot do business.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by HzRF(m): 3:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
Ilekeh:

I doubt it. Else there wouldn't that much Igbos there.
Lag is economically rich
Anything in lag will sell expect villagers mean u
But lag IGR alone will pay salaries aregbe can't pay
And Igbo constitute large amount of d igr
All in all
Itz lyk symbiosis (mutualism
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by JUBILEE2000: 3:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
searay:
My personal letter to the Oba of Lagos. Dear Oba i can assure you that the igbos are ready for their self defence and survival at any time. I can also assure you that no igbo man will ever get drowned in the lagoon because another igbo man will be selling life jackets there. And ofcourse if its too costly ,i trust my ijaw brothers to be on standby with free rescue things. Infact i trust our prayers that we are ready to do moses things,and the lagoon will dry like desert after Jimi is declared winner. Lastly, we hereby adopt Mr Jimi Agbaje and as a result he is now JIMINWA AGBAJEZE

Very creative!!!!!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by urNIGHTMARE: 3:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
XRAY21:
this is why I say the north killing would never stop. When there is no punishment given to those ab*ki there would do more see this idiot happily say this can't happen in the north. I just pray BH finish you people in the north there you are the problem of this country
You think its only Igbos they kill? Okay, read this
Gunmen Kill Yoruba Leader In Kano
Alhaji Ganiyu Akanbi Bello, a popular Yoruba leader in Kano State, Northern Nigeria has been reportedly murdered by unknown gunmen in his sleep.
Vanguard reports that the tragic incident happened at the deceased residence located at Race course general area of Nasarawa GRA of Kano metropolis and it has caused confusion and panic among Yoruba residents in Kano.
According to a family source, the assailants stabbed and ripped the stomach of the septuagenarian businessman open during his sleep.
It was gathered from the source that the lifeless body of late Alhaji Bello was discovered around 11.00am by family members and police officers drafted to the house.
Reports stated that family members of the deceased got to know about his death when the deceased failed to come to the sitting room from his bed by 11.00am, the situation that compelled his eldest son, Nuru Bello to report to the police.
It was gathered that it was when the Police operatives arrived the residence with hardware and broke into his living room that they found the man in ‘his pool of blood’.
Kano State Police Public Relations Officer, Alhaji Magaji Musa Majia, while confirming the incident informed tha they have swung into action to ascertain the mystery surrounding the businessman’s death.
It could be recalled that a newly married woman, Hajiya Hadiza Usman, 21, was reported in December to have been brutally murdered in her matrimonial home in Sabuwar Gandu Quarters, behind the City Science Academy in Kano City.
According to the report, the woman was married to Inuwa Idris, the Director of Information in the Kano State Ministry of Information, Internal Affairs, Youths, Sports and Culture.
Source: Vanguard
http://www.informationng.com/2014/06/gunmen-kill-yoruba-leader-in-kano.html
ALSO READ
http://naijagists.com/igbos-yorubas-flee-northern-nigeria-over-fear-of-post-election-violence/
http://naija247news.com/2015/03/nigeria-election-igbo-yoruba-christians-departs-kano-other-northern-states/
Now tell me blood tirsty vamp.ire, is it only the Igbos they kill? You people are very miserably thriving on deceit, denial and naiviety. Read those infos and that of the links and stop this your 'that's they kill Igbos in the North'. The fact remains that the hausa/fulanis kill Igbos as well as the Yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by kingphilip(m): 3:56pm On Apr 09, 2015
Built2last:

This is exceptionally brilliant

Throw them inside the lagoon and they'll start selling fish the next minute

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Ilekeh(f): 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
HzRF:

Lag is economically rich
Anything in lag will sell expect villagers mean u
But lag IGR alone will pay salaries aregbe can't pay
And Igbo constitute large amount of d igr
All in all
Itz lyk symbiosis (mutualism

Lagos was economically rich before Igbos. Igbos are the ones that need Lagos to thrive .

1 Like

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Obidikejr(m): 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
151487made:
and u tink u can rubbish our monarch without leaving south west
that has been my prayer since inception, pls start tellin your monarc to chase us out. i cant wait to see the ibos come back home to develop their land like they do for you and your people. pls let them come home and lets how stable your economy is without us... infact u are the only one who said something meaningful, but your monarch shouldn't start the part 2 of "the cry for help " when the drums begin to roll on his head and that of your people.
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by Ephemmm: 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
urNIGHTMARE:
And why did Awolowo take rat poison grin

For your information, Awolowo was the brain behind the defeat Ibos recorded from Hausas: it is an attestation to the fact that pen is mightier than sword.

Hausas continue to feed Ibos despite their differences then, but Awo said alas! how can you be given food to the man who is fighting against you?

Hausas stopped the supplying of food and defeat becomes inevitable for ibos as it was difficult for them to continue fighting with an empty stomach.

Go and meet your village head at home, he will tell you the grave consequences of Awolowo's action.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by DobleO7: 4:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Lol. Enough of the madness abeg.

I be Igbo boy but lets be truthful and honest, if those useless political jobbers and beggars called Eze Ndigbo didn't pay a courtesy visit to the fooolish Oba, the Oba wouldn't have seen anyone to vent his anger on and this whole furor and tension would never had occurred.

How is it wrong Eze Ndigbo to visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu?
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by 151487made(m): 4:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
Obidikejr:

that has been my prayer since inception, pls start tellin your monarc to chase us out. i cant wait to see the ibos come back home to develop their land like they do for you and your people. pls let them come home and lets how stable your economy is without us... infact u are the only one who said something meaningful, but your monarch shouldn't start the part 2 of "the cry for help " when the drums begin to roll on his head and that of your people.
guy go sleep. u pple will b at d losing end
Re: I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos by noblejames: 4:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
omonnakoda:
There is more to business than trading in shops that is the the fact that small chest beating minds fail to grasp.Anyway The logic of your thread is funny .Based on Ibos being dominant n Ladipo they are great businessmen. Did you visit the cattle market and see Ibos there what about the Onions and tomato market or the Foreign Exchange market. Are they the ones loading tankers at Apapa? Do they run the money market or the stock exchange. Traders sell what others make. They are much lower down the food chain. Ladipo sells second car parts whch come from butchered vehicle rejects from Europe sent home by hustling Niigerians. They also sell made to other fakes from India and China. This is not the kind of business to be chest beating about. It is not how many but how big. If you are lookin for businessmen look for the Dangotes and the Adenugas and Otedolas and Alakijas Look for people who MAKE things like Obagun of Onward press. Yes there are Ibo businessmen but they are not in Ladipo. There is a difference between a TRADER and a businessman
I think you have some points there, but you cannot ignore the activities of these traders and how they are the ones making the dangotes going forward. Without distributors I dont think dangote will make a headway. However, the activities of these traders have kept them business and that is why they should be called businessmen, cos from their activities money change hands, as well continues to alleviate poverty among them. Though, they might not be involved in all the places you mentioned but the fact remains that they are directly or indirectly in the equation and hence their relevancy in the economy of Nigeria! And moreover, most of these "top businessmen" who are into manufacturing started like the ones in Ladipo, so they are businessmen, that is the way I see it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Bukar Abba Ibrahim In Sex Scandal. Caught Having Sex With Two Ladies (Photos) / Coronavirus: Wike And Fashola Greet With Elbow Bump Today In Rivers / Full Extract Of Kyari's Conversation With Hushpuppi That Nailed Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.