Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME (63751 Views)

15-Year-Old Marriage Crashing Over Mouth Action / My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / Help.. My 4 Years Old Marriage Is Gradually Crashing Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by tiwiex(m): 6:26am On Apr 10, 2015
manalone2:
I have a girlfriend who's almost like that.. Each time we have issues, she rants, insults and abuse me. finally she deleted me on bbm, blocks me on whatsapp and unfriend me on Facebook.

I'll always be depressed because I love her and would always go back to beg before we could reconnect

I decided to act unusual one day.. She picks up a quarrel as usual, I decided to be ahead of her by deleting her on my bbm, whatsapp and Facebook. she was shocked and called me and I told her I was done with her. she got so scared and pleaded not do those things ever again

U can device a unique means to tackle this... just act unusual, she'll definitely get scared and reassure u of her loyalty and TRUST

Always pray!!!
Great. Msde a similar response. They test men to decide. Shevwants op to act stronger but he seems to believe in M&B and movies. I have been there. Most of us have. It is so frustrating but women want to be controlled on ur terms. For now, stop telling her you love her. It makes no sense to her considering her brhaviour. She knows what she deserves now. Give her. You need to condition her behaviour. She loves you but is bored. Give her drama. I just told a lady that has been all over me for years ,m y feelings for her. Guess what? She stopped calling me. Some love yo chase. I think ur wife does too.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by shikshark: 6:27am On Apr 10, 2015
coogar:
•forming
•storming
•norming
•performing

you are at the storming stage in your marriage. endure it, persevere it and you would soon get past this phase. at least, she's decent enough to apologise whenever she says things that are bang out of order.

there's light at the end of the tunnel.
You are a staff of NIMC
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Nobody: 6:34am On Apr 10, 2015
kayciano:
GOOD MORNING..
JUST know that MOST PASTORS will still tell u NEVER to treat ALL LADIES with KIDS GLOVES...

Hope u can recall what Happened to PRESIDENT JONATHAN...?
Hope u can recall how his WIFE, the 1st LADY spearheaded about 80% of his DOWNFALL..?

It's simply because he TREATS her with BABY GLOVES and thereby extended that to the BOKO HARAMS as well...

One thing, U must know about LADIES is that ,their BRAINS are always GROWING..
ANOTHER is that , they NEVER FORGET the ADVANTAGE they have over a MAN, especially in an ARGUMENT.
I can now guess that her DAD, may likely be the RICHER DAD.

PLEASE, be a MAN even if it is for once.
Don't follow the TRAILS of GEJ..,,PLS! PLS!!!

1 Like

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Montaque(m): 6:34am On Apr 10, 2015
@Op, I got to know her mum has that same trait. They say that the face of ur mother in law mirrors that of ur wife. So it doesn't show that ur wife doesn't love you,it may be something above her,naturally.
Visit ur father in law privately,he will surely have a word for you how he has been living with his wife till u came along.
Also vary the love in ur marriage,let her love you more.
Lastly be tolerant and patient, you will wait her out.
HML
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by toprealman: 6:34am On Apr 10, 2015
multicast:
she was a little bit of a stubborn and volatile person but its worse now.
IF YOU OVERLOOKED IT IN THE NAME OF LOVE DURING COURTSHIP, YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT TILL ETERNITY. SAD REALITY OF MARRIAGE BRO.

1 Like

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by holyokoto(m): 6:37am On Apr 10, 2015
multicast:
I am a fervent reader on Nairaland and i dont miss this forum in 1 day, i have seen people share their concerns here and a lot of people have contributed through their comments, though some are hillarious while others are on point. i will appreciate matured responses.

I did not marry a stranger to start with and its why i am very pained cuz i come here on nairaland and see how people get frustrated about their marriage based on cogent reasons but mine is different.

first of all, I got married in february and am already very tired of my wife, not because she isnt very sexy or good in bed as other may experienced but because my wife starts arguments from little things as little as why did u miss my call, even if its a BBM call thats dependent of network, after hours of begging i have to end up with uncountable "am sorry".

secondly, my wife find it very easy to engage in malice for days without bothering to reconcile, and i have to talk to her over again and make her see reason why such act is not good in marriage, for which she will later apologize and the next day or same day she is back again in another episode.

thirdly, every man love to be respected, when my wife starts her drama about missed call or other flimsy excuses, she starts talking to me like am her junior brother, calling me names and after noticing how mad i am with her, she will apologize but always repeat such act.

i feel the amount of love and attention she gets from me is too much and i am beginning to think i should make her understand what it feels like to have a frustrated marriage. though am yet to do that.

i honestly am not perfect but i have never used any harsh word while addressing her even when she is obviously wrong, i dont do so because i know the feeling when she use them for me. i wish i could anyway.

i grew up in a place where women are highly regarded and well treated and maybe its affecting me because i also help her do chores and i dont push all the house work to her as most men do.

i noticed i am always very unhappy and depressed the moment she comes up with this episodes and it may be because i love her so much and this is beginning to affect how i study and i might be forced to push her away first by not giving her attention as i used to.

My fellow Nairalanders, i respect ur opinion, hillarious ones and reasonable ones, marriage is not a bed of roses, i love my wife and i am not cheating on her, i am 100% married to her alone but her attitude is frustrating and i might have to leave her in the end. i hope i get lucky and this make FP so i can learn from experienced members before i take a decision, as we speak she has began the malice episode with me and if i dont apologize to her in 3 days, she is ready to go that far too.

sad sad sad cry

Though I came in very late, but in as much as you said she kept apologizing, good in bed, and what you mentioned so far are not serious factors to affect marriage at all. Guy am a experienced married man for 7 years now. such things arises in all marriages if you don't know. but It depends on how you the man controls them. I don't see anything wrong with your wife, is like you guys are too novice in the marriage. I see something missing in you, not your wife and you failed to bring it out for your love to boost. Go and reason about it, she Loved you, all thses not picking my calls, BBM is no issue at all, you can easily control them by mere ignoring. check your self, something is wrong

1 Like

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Swiftboy(m): 6:39am On Apr 10, 2015
multicast:
i appreciate u bro, but maybe thats where the problem is, everyone use the popular line, sit her down bla bla bla, i came here because i thought there was something i am not doing, if i talk to ur wife she will recosider whether or not she was right to marry u. whenever i talk to her she gets sober and apologize and why do we have to go over the same thing all the time. right now i just kind of don't feel strong about her anymore.
You have to start surprising her and be more loving and less reactive. You seem to be a wuss,start being a man in the marriage by being more understanding of her weaknesses and taking charge. Be the one she look up to. Dont give in too easily to her whims. You need to lay off the kitchen stuffs and focus more on the masculine role. Most women appreciate it when a man is manly. Please google 'double your dating'. You'll learn alot which you can use in your marriage. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by activefibre1(m): 6:40am On Apr 10, 2015
coogar:
•forming
•storming
•norming
•performing

you are at the storming stage in your marriage. endure it, persevere it and you would soon get past this phase. at least, she's decent enough to apologise whenever she says things that are bang out of order.

guy this your post....you dey read ACCA. If yes i beg give me your number...
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Nobody: 6:41am On Apr 10, 2015
it is sometimes like that .you dont expect perfection from the beginning of the marriage .there will always be argument but gradually you will continue to understand each other .you also need to have the spirit of tolerance .it is not all things you react to.when she is in good mood , sit her down and tell her what you want and what you don't want.
conclusively, you should never let the third party know about your challenges.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Kennywills7(m): 6:42am On Apr 10, 2015
multicast:
sam thanks a lot, points well made, this is why i came to NL, people with real experience and who are you to say u r wise when u havent seen the real experience, you have some points there but i am doing my best, one thing i did not add to my story is that she isnt based in the country, though she comes home and i dont want people here thinking its the distance, its obviously not. when we were together for over 3 months, she exhibit the same attributes. on point sam
From this ur comment, i can tell u what ia happening is a form of insecurity, whenever u don't pick her calls her mind will b running on wot is he doing, who is he wit etc
What u need is to communicate wit her over again and make her trust u and reassure her of ur undying luv for her however u have to put a limit to how u take whatever she throw at u, y i say dis is because if u keep on tolerating her errors without doing or reacting about them, she will never realize her mistakes and change for d best. Am not saying u should hit her however there are many ways a man can exercise his authority over a man. Thank u
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by zemaye: 6:43am On Apr 10, 2015
coogar:
•forming
•storming
•norming
•performing

Ogar this advice is sound
You don marry? smiley
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by ELEYINJUANU(m): 6:44am On Apr 10, 2015
Bro, it is part of the experience yoo must go through, you just want to build a family, it called for tolerance, love, forgiveness. She came from different family backgrounds it may be that is how she was trained. If you are a Christian be going to gospel church where there is sound teaching, from there she will drop those attitude gradualy not once.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by iykmon: 6:46am On Apr 10, 2015
You guys need more time to understand yourself, marriage is different from friendship. if you are a Christian you need to draw up church programs both of you will attend together pray together and study the bible. make out jokes and share joyful moments by having time for yourself.
God will see thru in this early stage of marriage. I had friends that face the same situation during the first 6months of marriage, but today they are happy living together.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by egbaguy: 6:46am On Apr 10, 2015
Give her the 'silent treatment'.......or just pack ur bag and go spend a weekend with a friend without informing her.....if she calls,dnt pick it during d duration of ur 'travel' i try? @ dyt

1 Like

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Menace2Society(m): 6:47am On Apr 10, 2015
Why can't u beat the hell out of her!
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by jamesbridget13(f): 6:49am On Apr 10, 2015
when ever my hubby scolds at me. i remain quiet cos i know if i reply it would escalate. i tell u of a truth dat wld make him bring down his voice n begin to talk to me instead of scolding. just try to study her. may be u two exchange words i.e talking at same time. n sit her down n tell her how dat malice drama frustrates u. i cant personally manage not talking to hubby o. i dont want u to get tired of talking to her. she is ur wife n not some side chick. for better for worst remember.
God uphold ur marriage
Goodluck in ur exam
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by FredHandsome(m): 6:49am On Apr 10, 2015
cc multicast

I used to have a girlfriend who shares same behaviour and temperament with ur wife. It could be so annoying and frustrating. Yes, most girls are just like that: I call those types 'sadists'. It manifests when you are showing them so much care and concern. It's called emotional blackmailing. They manipulate u by putting up a hostile front so you'd devote all Ur energy showing them concern. It gives them satisfaction.

My advice: stop worrying to much about her. Learn to ignore her sometimes, and she'd get tired of the drama and seek reconciliation

2 Likes

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Nobody: 6:50am On Apr 10, 2015
multicast:
I am a fervent reader on Nairaland and i dont miss this forum in 1 day, i have seen people share their concerns here and a lot of people have contributed through their comments, though some are hillarious while others are on point. i will appreciate matured responses.

I did not marry a stranger to start with and its why i am very pained cuz i come here on nairaland and see how people get frustrated about their marriage based on cogent reasons but mine is different.

first of all, I got married in february and am already very tired of my wife, not because she isnt very sexy or good in bed as other may experienced but because my wife starts arguments from little things as little as why did u miss my call, even if its a BBM call thats dependent of network, after hours of begging i have to end up with uncountable "am sorry".

secondly, my wife find it very easy to engage in malice for days without bothering to reconcile, and i have to talk to her over again and make her see reason why such act is not good in marriage, for which she will later apologize and the next day or same day she is back again in another episode.

thirdly, every man love to be respected, when my wife starts her drama about missed call or other flimsy excuses, she starts talking to me like am her junior brother, calling me names and after noticing how mad i am with her, she will apologize but always repeat such act.

i feel the amount of love and attention she gets from me is too much and i am beginning to think i should make her understand what it feels like to have a frustrated marriage. though am yet to do that.

i honestly am not perfect but i have never used any harsh word while addressing her even when she is obviously wrong, i dont do so because i know the feeling when she use them for me. i wish i could anyway.

i grew up in a place where women are highly regarded and well treated and maybe its affecting me because i also help her do chores and i dont push all the house work to her as most men do.

i noticed i am always very unhappy and depressed the moment she comes up with this episodes and it may be because i love her so much and this is beginning to affect how i study and i might be forced to push her away first by not giving her attention as i used to.

My fellow Nairalanders, i respect ur opinion, hillarious ones and reasonable ones, marriage is not a bed of roses, i love my wife and i am not cheating on her, i am 100% married to her alone but her attitude is frustrating and i might have to leave her in the end. i hope i get lucky and this make FP so i can learn from experienced members before i take a decision, as we speak she has began the malice episode with me and if i dont apologize to her in 3 days, she is ready to go that far too.

sad sad sad cry

I understand how you feel:You made a big mistake while you both are still dating.you would have tackle this issues then & made ur bed how u want to sleep on it thats the very most & advantage of dating before marriage if you missed it then all your dating then are trash.Your wife might love you to the extend she is afraid of loosing you but wants you to be under her control by hurting you & you begging her.doing house chores to a woman who you has no power over is turning a man into slavery in his home.your meek words& actions wil prove you a man.not honey all the time &dying inside.love ur wife but in this situation its awry.
Advice:
you have to wake her up by 6am make sure you dont make love to her the night following the morning.tell her ur pain in a bold way but in low voice.

Tell her you can decide what wil her cry all day.

Tell her she dont kno you too well that you know wat to do but you just looking @obeying her.

Tell when nemesis befall her she will feel ur pain too.

Tell her you loving her doesnt made u a fool.

Tell you wount repeat your words.

Prepare for work & go.dont call her or talk to her but eat her food a little & goto bed wen u return.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 10, 2015
multicast:

sad sad sad cry

What is happening in your marriage is nothing unusual. There are seven stages of marriage: Passion, Realization, Rebellion, Cooperation, Reunion, Explosion and Completion. You are in the second stage already. It's unfortunate maybe, that your stage one didn't last at all. You'll need to assertively discuss and emphatically listen as you both introduce your deepest personal needs and wants.
I advise you to get these books for yourself and your wife:
-The 7 Stages of Marriage by Sari Harrar and Rita DeMaria
-Love & Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs.
-The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman(for your wife especially).
Although I'm not married yet, these books have done wonders in my preparatory life and I've resolved that any woman I intend to marry must read these books and understand them before I can even engage her.
Good luck brother. If you have further questions, feel free to email me via mike.express@yahoo.com
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by zemaye: 6:54am On Apr 10, 2015
Giving her a pound of her own flesh might work wonders for you, my brother in law has this same issue with his newly Wed. I told him to give her the 'silent treatment'. You know that singular act reset the girl brain sharply, like you he is the 'beggi beggi,'type. In fact when he didn't beg her or attempt to talk to her, she form tears begging him to forgive her, that was the last time she did that trashy rant she's used to. So Man up multicast, best wishes
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by repogirl(f): 6:55am On Apr 10, 2015
Marriage is like a school, your learn more about your partner , you understand how best to treat their faults and if you stick around and try your best in the the institution, you most likely be rewarded with a good marriage eventually.

You just began living together, these things happen but you have to let her know it isn't acceptable for her to insult you, be firm about it. Advice her to talk about her grievances and forget them instead of keeping malice and she tries to keep malice, instead of talking her out.of it, ignore her. She seems to want your attention, wants to get you flustered and wants you to come sweet talking her, but instead don't.
If she is intelligent, she will stop keeping malice and find a better way to express her annoyance. I think in marriage, the first five years are the worst, if you stick it out, you get to understand your partner more and know how to live with their shortcomings.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by iwatch: 6:55am On Apr 10, 2015
SaMajeste:
Didn't you notice her attitude when you were dating? I don't want to believe she just started exhibiting such all of a sudden.
As you said, maybe she's taking advantage of your regard for women knowing you would tolerate such rubbish. As much as I love your respect for women, I feel you should be a bit tougher because sadly, not all women should be treated with kid gloves. Some don't understand gentility, they see it as a sign of weakness.
Pray for her too.
It is well with you!
he noticed it. A few post above yours indicated he did. He said she was a bit stubborn and volatile. And that says it all. I don't like stubborn folks, whether male or female. They irritate me as I see them as animals.

I can't date such person because they can easily drive me to the brink of insanity... And before I would slap one, I wouldn't know.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by AdeniyiA(m): 6:57am On Apr 10, 2015
It's true that a man who stands for nothing falls for anything, I am not trying to be judgemental here but for others to learn. Know yourself, know what you can't accept ,keep up with or tolerate before falling in love, don't fall blindly by beauty or shapes. Stand firm on your principles, know where you can compromise and where you can't and remember that if love is blind, marriage is an eye opener. it's well
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Albishir: 6:58am On Apr 10, 2015
You said it all. Marriage is not a bed of roses and i suppose you should have known before now that perseverance is a major component in marriage. Please try and get use to her behavioral attitudes and move on.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by chiibekee(f): 6:59am On Apr 10, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]call her when she is very upset and sit her down. This one is not easy at allllllllll. Ask her whether she is tired of being ur wife and the reasons for her recent actions. Ask her in a way that she will get more and more angry so that she will use bad words on u, With that anger, she will vomit every thing u need to hear. Just take note and don't apologize for anything for any reason. Make her know that u are very angry at her. She will then calm down for some minutes then later she will start thinking of the things she said to u. That's what my man does to me whenever I start behaving like that. Thank me later.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by AdeniyiA(m): 6:59am On Apr 10, 2015
How old is she?
If she continues this and you feel like throwing in the towel, don't! . Instead go lodge in an hotel for as many days as possible, send her message the second day if she tries contacting you, telling her of ur unwillingness to come home as long as she remains a nagging woman nd that you might be forced to do the unthinkable if she remains so. .
Then switch off ur phone, u can get anoda small phone nd number to contact other people.
if she truly loves you and really wants to change you'll know by these steps ... u can think more of wat to add.
The word of God is always true nd constant ...

Proverbs 21:19 It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.
Proverbs 27:15 A continual dropping in a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike.

2 Likes

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by darmielorlah(f): 6:59am On Apr 10, 2015
since i introduced her to NL, she comes here everyday and i hope she gets to read this and probable understand i am talking about her and if you end up on a social network finding solution to ur problems maybe then there is a big problem
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by blesoh(f): 7:00am On Apr 10, 2015
Mr man d attention is too much,give her some space.
Maybe she tinks u re too weak.hmm quarelling over a missed call.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 7:04am On Apr 10, 2015
Egbon multicast d lord is ur strength n he will see u tru dis n u shall have a happy n fruitful marriage ijn

1,I must say she luvs u alot take it or leave it
2, Bro u r pushing it too much bro "my dad once told me dat d day u starting showing a woman she is irreplaceable dats d day she will start misbehaving n proving interchangeable"but bro all in all pray to God cos he his the ultimate councillor n a wonderful director general
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Flakky26(f): 7:05am On Apr 10, 2015
3tins u need to do

1, always focus on her strengths and dont talk abt her weakness.

2, never talk back at her when she is nagging or callin u names. this weakens and humbles every woman.

3. always pray together and talk to her after d prayer.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Cmeo(m): 7:06am On Apr 10, 2015
An old man told me that the first year of every marriage is the toughest and determines the rest of the marriage life. He went further to say in that first year, woman would want to create niche or set tone for the marriage life, but man has to stand it ground and restrict the niche/tone, if not that niche/tone set by the woman will forever hold in the marriage life. So he told me to restrict niche/tone with all my might and never mind the heat at the time. My 2cent.

2 Likes

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Sunjos: 7:07am On Apr 10, 2015
multicast:
thanks brother, i was never love bling, i wasnt the kind of newby in relationship so there was never a time i was love blind, i have always call her attention to the issue and how much it brings gap into a marriage, now i need to know what exactly do i do to solve this problem, i dont wanna have to join the league of divorced couple but i must say, i cant focus once she starts cuz i love her a lot.

The truth brother is,
1. Your marriage is not crashing
2. Divorce should not be an option you should settle for. It's out of line for you (as a Christian). You are a Christian I guess: except on the ground of unfaithfulness
3. She is having heart issues.... Except the heart is changed, her attitude won't.
4. You can't change her heart, only God can.
5. Discuss this with God, and let your pastor know and join you in prayers for her too.
6. Prayer is the key.
7. Then keep being nice with her.... Having faith in God. She will change for the best which will have to be sustained by prayers also. Then you will have the best marriage ever.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Videos His Baby Mama Harassing His Mother In U.S, & She Sets Him Up / Man Catches Wife Giving 5-year-old Son ‘Mouth Action’ / Ann Grace Aguti: Ugandan Woman Who Married 3 Husbands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.