Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs (26002 Views)

Please Stop Doing These 9 Things When Applying For Jobs Online / 5 Ways To Successfully Apply For Jobs On A Nigerian Government Website / Discover 5 Tips For Selling Yourself When Applying For Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by idonchop: 3:46am On Apr 10, 2015
Hi friends,
Let's use this thread to share our experience in the labour market and also inform ourselves of any job openings available for Electrical/Electronics Engineering graduates with B.Sc/B.Eng/B.Tech/HND/ND/C&G etc.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by tybank: 3:54am On Apr 10, 2015
Nice thread.
I have OND in Electrical Engineering and seriously seeking for job.
toyinsanny@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by jcflex(m): 4:31am On Apr 10, 2015
Present.
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by emmy4lov(m): 7:10am On Apr 10, 2015
space booked..

I'm Emmanuel Agwegiokhe
HND- elect/elect engineering
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by KissQ(f): 7:44am On Apr 10, 2015
B.eng elect/elect present

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 10, 2015
It is beyond the degree now o. Go run certifications or get trainings to add as experience. Because the so called graduate Trainee requires minimum of 1 year experience.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by danielayodele16(m): 8:43am On Apr 10, 2015
Am Daniel, an HND graduate Electric/Electronics engineering. I currently work in a bank as a teller. But I really dnt feel happy doing the job but have no choice. I have always wanted to work in my field. So please guys, I still dey here with ena o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by Emasel(m): 8:54am On Apr 10, 2015
What we need here is the posting of job vacancies and not introduction.There are so many job openings that are not advertised nowadays.I think the objective of this group should be to post job vacancies in the fields of Electrical and Electronic Engineering i.e both advertised and unadvertised vacancies.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by ukeme200(m): 9:27am On Apr 10, 2015
@op.. Noted.. I like this thread..

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by Yeahreen(m): 11:08am On Apr 10, 2015
. #brb
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by Rita41(f): 11:37am On Apr 10, 2015
Bennyzino:
It is beyond the degree now o. Go run certifications or get trainings to add as experience. Because the so called graduate Trainee requires minimum of 1 year experience.
Bennyzino:

What trainings pls I'm asking cuz I'm not in this field buh I wanna assist someone with info
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by stopdat: 11:43am On Apr 10, 2015
Bennyzino:
It is beyond the degree now o. Go run certifications or get training to add as experience. Because the so called graduate Trainee requires minimum of 1 year experience.
Thank you so much for this
Many a graduate today boast of their HNDs,B.Sc 2.1,2.2,Distinction etc without any other skills apart from the calculus and laplace they learnt in school.There r many graduates out there with first class and distinction but have still not got jobs. Why not separate urself from them and increase your chances of getting a job by going for a professional training.A good example is Autocad ,Instrumentation and PLC training.There r a good number of training centres around that can give you the training.I bet you that there r jobs in Nigeria but for those that go beyond just HND,B.Sc and the likes.
Get a skill and your story will change

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by tybank: 12:30pm On Apr 10, 2015
stopdat:

Thank you so much for this
Many a graduate today boast of their HNDs,B.Sc 2.1,2.2,Distinction etc without any other skills apart from the calculus and laplace they learnt in school.There r many graduates out there with first class and distinction but have still not got jobs. Why not separate urself from them and increase your chances of getting a job by going for a professional training.A good example is Autocad ,Instrumentation and PLC training.There r a good number of training centres around that can give you the training.I bet you that there r jobs in Nigeria but for those that go beyond just HND,B.Sc and the likes.
Get a skill and your story will change
I completely agree with you.
Since i finished with my OND i have worked with 4 different companies thanks to the PLC training i did after my OND. PLC is the in thing today for an Electrical Engineering graduate because all companies use it.Companies will prefer someone wt Lower credit+PLC to a graduate with Upper credit without an addition skill,i learnt that a very long time ago.
though i currently work with a company it s on contract basis thats why im looking for a new job

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 10, 2015
In the era we are in now,there is a paradigm shift from certificate to sabificate.I remember when I was looking for a place to do my I.T,what I was asked by the Director is the skills I possess,as at then I had already done Network Plus,CCNA and even CCNP trainings but I just had the theory no hands on practical.What I am saying is this,don't dwell too much on your first class,second class upper but rather go acquire skills cos wat companies want to see is Ur sabificate(wetin u sabi).
Also,please don't be ideal as a graduate,go get something doing eventhough it is voluntary or little pay.I remember when I went for an interview last month,the Director asked me what I have been doing since I rounded up my service,I was kinda transfixed cos I was just staying at home though I did some trainings,he asked me if he should be concerned(cos Employers think when u relax at home after service u aint serious in life).God helped me sha and I scaled through.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by techy7: 1:13pm On Apr 10, 2015
Course Title: PLC Operation, Set-up, Programming and Troubleshooting 1

Overview

This “learn-by-doing’’ training focuses extensively on Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) operation, wiring, programming and troubleshooting.
Lab exercises cover heavy hands-on practice on field devices, input/output modules, wiring, and processor programming leading to in-depth knowledge of troubleshooting and maintenance of automated machines. All lab exercises are implemented and simulated with the aid of live field devices and a PLC trainer. The exercises are applicable to motor control, process control, level control, safety interlocking etc. as used in the industry.
Our course materials are presented with a good balance of theory lecture and hands-on practice.

Objective

At the end of the training,participants will be able to

a. Understand PLC Control Principles and Applications with Field Devices
b. Identify and describe the functions of PLC components
c. Connect and Wire Field Devices to PLC Inputs and Outputs
d. Write PLC ladder logic programs
e. Troubleshoot Failed Input and Output Field Devices, Power Supplies, and Processors
f. Interpret ladder logic for the purpose of troubleshooting
g. Solve real-life exercises and simulate control
h. Use and Configure a Delay Timer and Counter in a Controller
i. Connect a Power Device Using an Interposing Relay
j. Use the Programming Terminal to Troubleshoot Failed Field Devices
k. Determine Address Names for Input and Output Points
l. Use Symbolic Addressing to Speed Development and Troubleshooting
m. Use Address and Function Searches within the Program

Who needs this training?

Holders of B.Sc. HND, ND, C&G, NABTEB etc. in Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical/Industrial/Production Engineering, Physics and other related courses, desirous of securing a good job
Working professionals: Operators, Technicians, Engineers etc. looking to improve their skills

Course Outline: The course is taught under five modules as illustrated below

Module 1

This module introduces students to the basics of PLC and its theory of operation. It discusses in details PLC construction and components. Students will also get hands-on practice on wiring PLCs to input and output devices.

Lessons
PLC Basics and theory of operation
PLC construction and components
Selection criteria of PLC
Concept of Normally Open & Normally Closed Switches and sensors
PLC wiring
Hands-on practical exercises and simulation

Module 2

This module introduces students to the fundamental aspects of Allen-Bradley’s Micrologix 1000/SLC 500 system. It begins with a system overview and migrates to an introduction to RSLogix 500 software;the programming environment for the processor.
An overview of RSLinx software and configuring communication drivers to allow the computer to communicate to the various processors will be covered.

Lessons

Navigating RSLogix 500
Exploring RSLinx Classic
Configuring a driver
Entering, Editing and Verifying logic
Uploading and Downloading program
Using RSLogix Emulate 500

Module 3

This module starts with an introduction to ladder logic programming fundamental. It introduces students to memory organizations, bit instructions, I/O addressing, program scan, internal relays, latching, interlocking etc.
By the end of this module, students should feel comfortable with writing ladder logic programs

Lessons

Memory Organization
Bit instruction
Ladder programming
I/O Addressing
Logic fundamental

Module 4

In this module, many of the core instruction sets are covered including timers, counters, comparison instructions.
At the end of this module, students should be conversant with sequencing, counting and timing instructions as used in automated industrial machines.

Lessons

Selecting and programming timer instructions
Selecting and programming counter instructions
Selecting and programming program flow instructions
Selecting and programming comparison and data manipulation instructions
Selecting and programming mathematical instructions
Selecting and programming shift registers and sequencer instructions

Module 5

This module primarily introduces students to the essential maintenance and troubleshooting related tools available in RSLogix 500 software and then migrates into maintenance related topics such as searching, forcing and monitoring data.

Lessons

Search and Replace Techniques
Data Monitoring
Forcing Input & Output
Project Documentation
Printing

What you will get
*Practical training with live PLC and field devices
*PLC Simulation software
*Comprehensive course materials
*50 PLC Video tutorials
*Over 250 industry based PLC programming & troubleshooting practice questions
*Certificate of completion

For more Info
Contact SofTech Automation on 08099748141,08027193983,07068800464(whatsapp)

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by idonchop: 1:31pm On Apr 10, 2015
Thank you all for the contribution so far.Please how much does the PLC training cost?
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by idu1(m): 1:52pm On Apr 10, 2015
KissQ:
na your lips b dat?
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by tybank: 2:02pm On Apr 10, 2015
idonchop:
Thank you all for the contribution so far.Please how much does the PLC training cost?
I did mine for 35k then (2012)at a training centre in Lagos and I was given the best training.
AETI, GIL,IIT and other training centers were charging over a hundred thousand then
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by ife4luv21(m): 3:21pm On Apr 10, 2015
present

HND elect elect engineering , telecoms option
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by KissQ(f): 11:05pm On Apr 10, 2015
idu1:
na your lips b dat?

Nah
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by ilori1930(m): 11:57pm On Apr 10, 2015
KissQ:
I never knew you an Engineer all this while and EEE for that matter cool
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by KissQ(f): 12:08am On Apr 11, 2015
ilori1930:

I never knew you an Engineer all this while and EEE for that matter cool

I am oo grin
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by whytepawn1(m): 1:32am On Apr 11, 2015
I Am an electrical engineering graduate.. but truth be told one really needs such certifications to stand out in the crowd of job seekers.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by sonofjah55: 7:48am On Apr 11, 2015
am here. HND Elect/Elect. pls i need training in automation /instrumention. Any assistance?
tybank:

I did mine for 35k then (2012)at a training centre in Lagos and I was given the best training.
AETI, GIL,IIT and other training centers were charging over a hundred thousand then
am here. HND Elect/Elect. pls i need training in automation /instrumention. Any assistance?
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by tybank: 8:51am On Apr 11, 2015
sonofjah55:
am here. HND Elect/Elect. pls i need training in automation /instrumention. Any assistance?am here. HND Elect/Elect. pls i need training in automation /instrumention. Any assistance?
The guy that taught me is no longer in the country.
Why not check out the advert someone posted above and give them a trial?
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by xfire: 2:40pm On Apr 11, 2015
Let me add my bit to this thread.
I can see a lot of people suggesting certifications as the way forward against unemployment. Well...it all depends on which aspect of electrical/electronic engineering you wanna specialize in. Beisides, what's the use of a professional certification if you will not have opportunity of utilising the knowledge gained? It may just be another paper certificate.
It is okay for elect/elect engineering grads to run some REPUTABLE professional courses depending on your career of interest (e.g. CCNA, CCNP, NEBOSH, etc) while looking for job but having professional certifications is not an end in itself. However, some professional trainings will add little or no value to your prospect of getting a job and that is why it is good to consult widely before spending your money. Some organizers of these trainings are simply after your money. For instance, I will not advise a job seeker to go for PLC (Automation) training. Knowledge of automation is better gained via work experience. The training will add little or no value to you in terms of job placement. Some certifications and trainings are more useful as you gain work experience.
In addition, I will advise young graduate engineers to pursue postgraduate degrees if the job is not forthcoming. From what I have observed, a good MSc in engineering is usually more marketable than professional certifications in most cases. They may also seek employment with small engineering firms to gain experience.

15 Likes

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by debbie(f): 4:24pm On Apr 11, 2015
like the guy above rightly said....well you all should remember that electrical/electronics is very vast.choose an area you want to grow in,i dont believe in following the trend.Aside that,the course gives room for private practices.Example,earlier in my career i was into autocad drawing for clients,which i did to support myself before i got a job.
See doing your Msc or certification is not a guarantee that you will sail smoothly,if and only if you dont make the best out of the path you chose.

Fast forward,i decided to go into core IT because i knew where i wanted to be....writing all my cisco certifications is and was never a waste today.Simply because i had a target which i am so happy i did.
To all the fresh graduates,please carry out research on what you want to do.If you want to do your MSC choose a course you can do very well.If you are doing certification please dont be jack-of-all-thread,you should be singled out as an expert in future.If you are seeking a job,let the experience you will gain be the driving point (experience adds value to you tomorrow) then the pay comes second.To those working whether you are enjoying your place of work or not,keep the hope and dream high( you need it to move on and stay in track).

Now to my senior colleagues in the house,i greet you all.
From my humble self,a woman engineer in the house cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by ilori1930(m): 6:43pm On Apr 11, 2015
KissQ:

I am oo grin
cool

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by stopdat: 2:04am On Apr 12, 2015
That's why I like nairaland, different people with different opinions.
Permit me to add my opinion.
I still maintain that people with professional certifications/skills have better chances of securing jobs than those who have M.Sc. in Nigeria of today.There is nothing wrong in going for an M. Sc but it does not make you know engineering better,not in any way .Doing an M Sc does not give you any special skills which you can use to beat ur contemporaries in the labour market. The main reason a lot of Electrical/Electronics Engineering graduates cannot secure jobs is because they have no skill, it is not because they do not have M Sc.
After graduation, some of my colleagues went for a Mechatronics course at IIT,where they were trained on Instrumentation, control and automation. Today those guys are better of,two of them are in oil and gas and the other three are in FMCG earning very fat salaries not because of their degrees alone but because of the additional skills they acquired.
Take it or leave it,an engineering graduate needs one or two skills to succeed in the labour market.
While I was doing my own training I had 3 MSc holders in my class, the question is what are they looking for after bagging their MScs? They came for the training because MSc alone could not solve their problems. Today they are all fixed up thanks to the technical skill they acquired
Please do not be discouraged, look for a training centre and do a training to acquire a skill and u will be better for it

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by tybank: 6:39am On Apr 12, 2015
@xfire I completely disagree with u where u said u would not advise job seekers to go for automation training and that automation skill is better learnt via job experience. My advice to job seekers is that they should go for automation training if they desire to develop skills in that area. I am a good example of people who benefitted greatly from automation training. Even though I have an OND I have beaten a lot of B Sc/HND holders to jobs in interviews all because of the plc automation training I had. like I said before I have freely changed jobs four times in five years. If you are interested in working in a manufacturing company as an electrical technician or engineer then PLC automation skills will help u a lot. I would share some of my interview experience here when I'm less busy

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by Engrpj(m): 7:26am On Apr 12, 2015
tybank:
Nice thread.
I have OND in Electrical Engineering and seriously seeking for job.
toyinsanny@gmail.com
Thanks

OND Abeg go get a Degree or at least HND

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

REVEALED: 10 CV Mistakes That Could Cost You Your Dream Job / Finally Gotten A Job / Twitter Ban : How Has It Affected Your Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.