Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice (32057 Views)

Cameroonian Lady Has Message About Nigerians Living Abroad (Video) / I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice / Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by grandlexuz(m): 12:41pm On Apr 10, 2015
I have lived in Cameroon all my life and though I like it here I have always admired the potential of big success in a country as populous as Nigeria. At such for some time now I have been looking at the possibility of settling in Nigeria to do business.

At the moment I sell Tokunbo vehicles in Cameroon's economic capital of 3 million people. The business is a little slow considering the high custom duty rate in Cameroon. A vehicle that will otherwise sell in Nigeria for 2 million Naira would sell for 3.5 million Naira in Cameroon.

That said I think a new environment away from home always encourages productivity. Douala has a large Nigerian population doing well in business; and I think the motivation for most of these guys is the away from home syndrome..Lol

I am considering Lagos as the most likely place to move to because of the population and security of some sort.. I know Lagos is not the safest of places but it is safer than Katsina..Lol I plan to move on my Cameroonian passport.

Coincidentally my Surname is Obi which means I could be taken for an Igbo guy.. However I am 100% Cameroonian from the Ejagham tribe...Lol We do have some name similarities with some tribes in Nigeria.

The advice I am looking for is:

How lucrative is the second hand car business in Lagos? I am also open to other lucrative businesses.

As a Cameroonian do I need a residential permit to live in Nigeria? How much does it cost?

How much can I expect to get a clean apartment? I am married with two kids but will not be relocating with them. Hopefully onila can take care of me while I am in Nigeria..Lol

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by datguru: 12:43pm On Apr 10, 2015
Ok, its quite a good idea but....

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by TI1919(m): 12:43pm On Apr 10, 2015
Ugh

grin
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by sucreblazing(m): 12:45pm On Apr 10, 2015
o boy forget u be calabar boy

trace your origin well well

guiness no do well ooo.....if not for my auto-correct I swear I no even no the different btw ORIJIN and origin again

whaooooo it feels good to be on front page but lemme cease this medium to beg all nigerians inrespective of tribe ,religion, political affiliation to let us embrase peace

because we can not develop our dear nation with this hatred we have for each other!!!

Nigeria is our country even if u spend 50years for Yankee Na 9ja u still dey come

together we can rebuild our nation and restore its lost Glory

God bless us
God bless Nigeria

once again together we can make Nigeria GrEAT

please share for others too

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Zaikon(m): 12:45pm On Apr 10, 2015
Lol plenty for your post oh

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by ItsAnderson: 12:51pm On Apr 10, 2015
You will do great in Nigeria.

14 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 10, 2015
wetin I go tell this boy now undecided

17 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Henix(m): 12:58pm On Apr 10, 2015
Tokunbo cars? How loaded are u? Have u taken into consideration the new auto policy in Nigeria, and the proximity of Cotonou auto mkt to Lagos? Lagos is a big mkt with lots of big time importers competing with one another.

U need a good source of importation for ur automobiles, good contacts, and a good capital, if u must survive in that business in Lagos city. Why not look for another line of business? Importation of auto parts, sounds better for me, if am to venture into auto business.

For house rent, it depends on the area u want to cite ur business in Lagos. If u are to do that around Apapa area, then an apartment at Festac, mazamaza, satellite town, etc, will take u not less than 300k. I stand to be corrected though.
My two cent

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by gabrielahamz(m): 1:49pm On Apr 10, 2015
If you must come to Nigeria, you should try to work with people who can be trusted. Best if u work with people of Cameroonian descent like yourself doing business in Nigeria for support and advice. While opportunities abound in Lagos, it can also be a death trap for those who have little or no experience doing business in Lagos. As for the residential permit, I have no idea. The Nigerian Immigration Service is there for that. Once again be very careful.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by stonecoldcafe: 4:10pm On Apr 10, 2015
Lalasticala make una try help this guy nah! The boy wan invest for our obodo Naija cheesy

Op, why didn't you put this up in the business section? I wish i had solid advise to give on immigration and co but i don't have any. I got one though, this should be pretty easy. Liaise with friends and colleagues in Lagos, take a visit and move around Lagos for yourself. Ask questions, visit car dealers and see what its like. Good luck

11 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by grandlexuz(m): 4:35pm On Apr 10, 2015
datguru:
Ok, its quite a good idea but....

Oh okay.. But...??..Lol
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by grandlexuz(m): 4:39pm On Apr 10, 2015
sucreblazing:
o boy forget u be calabar boy

trace your origin well well

guiness no do well ooo.....if not for my auto-correct I swear I no even no the different btw ORIJIN and origin again

Hahaha... Not at all Iniobong..Lol I am from the South West region of Cameroon.. Not very far off from Ekok which shares a boundary with Nigeria..
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by stepo707: 4:45pm On Apr 10, 2015
You sound nigerian already cheesy cheesy cheesy

experts will come answer your question soon

2 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by grandlexuz(m): 4:45pm On Apr 10, 2015
stonecoldcafe:
Lalasticala make una try help this guy nah! The boy wan invest for our obodo Naija cheesy

Op, why didn't you put this up in the business section? I wish i had solid advise to give on immigration and co but i don't have any. I got one though, since you are an ECOWAS citizen, this should be pretty easy. Liaise with friends and colleagues in Lagos, take a visit and move around Lagos for yourself. Ask questions, visit car dealers and see what its like. Good luck

Thank you very much bros.. However Cameroon does not belong to the ECOWAS zone although we have a long standing relationship with Naija.. Despite my wanting to move to Naija I don't have any friends or relations there. The idea of making a short trip there to see things before hand is good. Thanks!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by grandlexuz(m): 4:54pm On Apr 10, 2015
gabrielahamz:
If you must come to Nigeria, you should try to work with people who can be trusted. Best if u work with people of camerounian descent like yourself doing business in Nigeria for support and advice. While opportunities abound in Lagos, it can also be a death trap for those who have little or no experience doing business in Lagos. As for the residential permit, I have no idea. The Nigerian Immigration Service is there for that. Once again be very careful.

Thanks.. I have lived life as both a wealthy and broke guy, so I know where to draw the line.. I am thinking of making a short trip this month to get first hand information on ground.. I understand I have to shine my eyes well well!

11 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by grandlexuz(m): 5:02pm On Apr 10, 2015
stepo707:
You sound nigerian already cheesy cheesy cheesy

experts will come answer your question soon

Yeah I have been a regular on nairaland for several years. Started watching Nigerian movies as far as 1997. In fact if I had my PVC I would have voted at the just concluded election..Lol My wife was shocked at how closely I followed the result. I have been curs-ing Orubebe since that election incident. Jega has become my hero since then! I plan to put a picture of him in my office..

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by grandlexuz(m): 5:05pm On Apr 10, 2015
EroticAngelina:
wetin I go tell this boy now undecided

Anyhthing oh.. Maybe pick me up at the airport in Lagos!..Lol

12 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by grandlexuz(m): 5:11pm On Apr 10, 2015
Henix:
Tokunbo cars? How loaded are u? Have u taken into consideration the new auto policy in Nigeria, and the proximity of Cotonou auto mkt to Lagos? Lagos is a big mkt with lots of big time importers competing with one another.

U need a good source of importation for ur automobiles, good contacts, and a good capital, if u must survive in that business in Lagos city. Why not look for another line of business? Importation of auto parts, sounds better for me, if am to venture into auto business.

For house rent, it depends on the area u want to cite ur business in Lagos. If u are to do that around Apapa area, then an apartment at Festac, mazamaza, satellite town, etc, will take u not less than 300k. I stand to be corrected though.
My two cent

Thank you fifty cents cousin..Lol My capital might not be as a huge as several Lagos importers but I know the A-z of the car business.. Yeah I recently read about the move to raise custom duties on tokumbo cars in Naija.. Is it already in effect? On the other hand I am ready to start from anywhere and grow my way to the top. I have a very likable charm and it is a big plus in the car business.. That said I am open to any other businesses..Car spare parts...hmmmm..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:

Anyhthing oh.. Maybe pick me up at the airport in Lagos!..Lol
lol
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by grandlexuz(m): 5:17pm On Apr 10, 2015
Zaikon:
Lol plenty for your post oh

That is just me.. Suffering and smiling..Lol Catching another man on top of my wife and smiling..Lol Killing them both and smiling..Lol

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by grandlexuz(m): 5:19pm On Apr 10, 2015
ItsAnderson:
You will do great in Nigeria.
Thank you.. I

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by stepo707: 5:31pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:

Yeah I have been a regular on nairaland for several years. Started watching Nigerian movies as far as 1997. In fact if I had m PVC I would have voted at the just concluded election..Lol My wife was shocked at how closely I followed the result. I have been curs-ing Orubebe since that election incident. Jega has become my hero since then! I plan to put a picture of him in my office..

wink wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by stonecoldcafe: 6:10pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:

Thank you very much bros.. However Cameroon does not belong to the ECOWAS zone although we have a long standing relationship with Naija.. Despite my wanting to move to Naija I don't have any friends of relations there. The idea of making a short trip there to see things before hand is good. Thanks!

Arghhhhh! My bad. I just assumed you guys were part of ECOWAS.

Oops. Wakanow.com for an idea of hotel cost.
Your church nor get branch for Lagos? I can see you've been in Nairaland for some time - not a single trusted pal to follow you waka Lagos? Oh well good luck though.

Lalasticala, Seun make una help this guy nah!
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by grandlexuz(m): 6:44pm On Apr 10, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Arghhhhh! My bad. I just assumed you guys were part of ECOWAS.

Oops. Wakanow.com for an idea of hotel cost.
Your church nor get branch for Lagos? I can see you've been in Nairaland for some time - not a single trusted pal to follow you waka Lagos? Oh well good luck though.

Lalasticala, Seun make una help this guy nah!

Last year February I had a hilarious thread and did make some acquaintances. Sadly when nairaland collapsed the thread disappeared. It would have been easier to just go there now and make contacts.. However I am looking forward to the challenges and excitement of moving to a far off city with my ghana must go bag, shining my eyes as bright as I can. I attend a Baptist Church that has its roots and branches in Cameroon only.

2 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Zaikon(m): 7:18pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:

That is just me.. Suffering and smiling..Lol Catching another man on top of my wife and smiling..Lol Killing them both and smiling..Lol
hhmmm...Lol u just ova look it wen u catch another man on top of your wife nd lol over it. *winks*

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by CreamyAutos(m): 7:35pm On Apr 10, 2015
Nigeria is a very nice country to do business. I will advice u get someone to take u around and ask questions well before u invest in any business here.

I am a car dealer here in Lagos Nigeria, if u have any question about car and car parts business, I will be willing to assist to the best of my knowledge.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by aspirebig: 8:27pm On Apr 10, 2015
These are the people that just enter Lag and claim to be Igbo claiming any Igbo state... However, a Nigerian cannot do the same in Cameroon.

Such is life, Nigerina are eager to enter Canada, US, Uk , Australia etc.... Cameroonian see Nigeria as his Canada...

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by ayusco85(m): 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:
I have lived in Cameroon all my life and though I like it here I have always admired the potential of big success in a country as populous as Nigeria. At such for some time now I have been looking at the possibility of settling in Nigeria to do business.
At the moment I sell Tokunbo vehicles in Cameroon's economic capital of 3 million people. The business is a little slow considering the high custom duty rate in Cameroon. A vehicle that will otherwise sell in Nigeria for 2 million Naira would sell for 3.5 million Naira in Cameroon.
That said I think a new environment away from home always encourages productivity. Douala has a large Nigerian population doing well in business; and I think the motivation for most of these guys is the away from home syndrome..Lol
I am considering Lagos as the most likely place to move to because of the population and security of some sort.. I know Lagos is not the safest of places but it is safer than Katsina..Lol I plan to move on my Cameroonian passport.
Coincidentally my Surname is Obi which means I could be taken for an Igbo guy.. However I am 100% Cameroonian from the Ejagham tribe...Lol We do have some name similarities with some tribes in Nigeria.
The advice I am looking for is:
How lucrative is the second hand car business in Lagos? I am also open to other lucrative businesses.
As a Cameroonian do I need a residential permit to live in Nigeria? How much does it cost?
How much can I expect to get a clean apartment? I am married with two kids but will not be relocating with them. Hopefully onila can take care of me while I am in Nigeria..Lol

One advice "Shine your eyes"....
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by countsparrow: 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
Do u know how to eat Amala?

12 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Matttthew(m): 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
no way.....
na we born u?
Go back to ya papa huz jawe

3 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by huhmuhyehmi(m): 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
your decision...

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by swagdopey: 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
My advice. Stay where u are.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts / Lady And Her Friend Unscathed After Their Car Somersaulted Severally (pictures) / Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.