Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,850 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice (32050 Views)

Cameroonian Lady Has Message About Nigerians Living Abroad (Video) / I'm Relocating My Family From Europe To Nigeria, Please Advice / Which Country Do You Wanna Immigrate To, And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by blesoh(f): 10:01pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:

Hahaha... Not at all Iniobong..Lol I am from the South West region of Cameroon.. Not very far off from Ekok which shares a boundary with Nigeria..
bros leave dat ting,weh mmon ejagham,katen etek eja
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
sucreblazing:
o boy forget u be calabar boy

trace your origin well well

guiness no do well ooo.....if not for my auto-correct I swear I no even no the different btw ORIJIN and origin again

Lmao, craze dey ur head well well o.
See this guy wann kill me wit laff for here grin grin
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by fboycaestro12(m): 10:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
stonecoldcafe:
Lalasticala make una try help this guy nah! The boy wan invest for our obodo Naija cheesy

Op, why didn't you put this up in the business section? I wish i had solid advise to give on immigration and co but i don't have any. I got one though, since you are an ECOWAS citizen, this should be pretty easy. Liaise with friends and colleagues in Lagos, take a visit and move around Lagos for yourself. Ask questions, visit car dealers and see what its like. Good luck

Cameroon isn't in Ecowas
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by tzoracle: 10:07pm On Apr 10, 2015
Opportunity abounds where ever you are,the same cameroon your leaving is still the same place nigerians are going in bulk

Just have enough confidence and belief in God
B4 I forget leave baba ijebu and nairabet alone oo

Godwin

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by nwadiuko1(m): 10:09pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:

Anyhthing oh.. Maybe pick me up at the airport in Lagos!..Lol
bros make sure say ur visa and everything dy complete ohh before u dy enter........na uncle buhari dy chair now ohhgrin.....if u do anyhow for naija u go see anyhow..........anyway. Enjoy d place when u come

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by stagger: 10:11pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:
I have lived in Cameroon all my life and though I like it here I have always admired the potential of big success in a country as populous as Nigeria. At such for some time now I have been looking at the possibility of settling in Nigeria to do business.

At the moment I sell Tokunbo vehicles in Cameroon's economic capital of 3 million people. The business is a little slow considering the high custom duty rate in Cameroon. A vehicle that will otherwise sell in Nigeria for 2 million Naira would sell for 3.5 million Naira in Cameroon.

That said I think a new environment away from home always encourages productivity. Douala has a large Nigerian population doing well in business; and I think the motivation for most of these guys is the away from home syndrome..Lol

I am considering Lagos as the most likely place to move to because of the population and security of some sort.. I know Lagos is not the safest of places but it is safer than Katsina..Lol I plan to move on my Cameroonian passport.

Coincidentally my Surname is Obi which means I could be taken for an Igbo guy.. However I am 100% Cameroonian from the Ejagham tribe...Lol We do have some name similarities with some tribes in Nigeria.

The advice I am looking for is:

How lucrative is the second hand car business in Lagos? I am also open to other lucrative businesses.

As a Cameroonian do I need a residential permit to live in Nigeria? How much does it cost?

How much can I expect to get a clean apartment? I am married with two kids but will not be relocating with them. Hopefully onila can take care of me while I am in Nigeria..Lol

Guy, you be Nigerian by ancestry. I get like 2 friends wey be Ejaghams from Akamkpa.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 10, 2015
One advice....be ready to bribe in Nigeria...

You cannot escape it....

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by ZUBY77(m): 10:16pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:
I have lived in Cameroon all my life and though I like it here I have always admired the potential of big success in a country as populous as Nigeria. At such for some time now I have been looking at the possibility of settling in Nigeria to do business.

At the moment I sell Tokunbo vehicles in Cameroon's economic capital of 3 million people. The business is a little slow considering the high custom duty rate in Cameroon. A vehicle that will otherwise sell in Nigeria for 2 million Naira would sell for 3.5 million Naira in Cameroon.

That said I think a new environment away from home always encourages productivity. Douala has a large Nigerian population doing well in business; and I think the motivation for most of these guys is the away from home syndrome..Lol

I am considering Lagos as the most likely place to move to because of the population and security of some sort.. I know Lagos is not the safest of places but it is safer than Katsina..Lol I plan to move on my Cameroonian passport.

Coincidentally my Surname is Obi which means I could be taken for an Igbo guy.. However I am 100% Cameroonian from the Ejagham tribe...Lol We do have some name similarities with some tribes in Nigeria.

How lucrative is the second hand car business in Lagos? I am also open to other lucrative businesses.

As a Cameroonian do I need a residential permit to live in Nigeria? How much does it cost?

How much can I expect to get a clean apartment? I am married with two kids but will not be relocating with them. Hopefully onila can take care of me while I am in Nigeria..Lol

You killed this by choosing an ugly girl as your caretaker.

2 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by nwadiuko1(m): 10:16pm On Apr 10, 2015
duni04:
Resident permit ke? As long as u blend in nothing do you. You fit waka go immigration office collect naija passport sef. As long as you don't misyarn or tell them plainly that you're from Cameroun, you can even get a naija passport. That's how ridiculous Nigeria is
c as u just dy open our nyarsh give dis ppl
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by ahmedox(m): 10:20pm On Apr 10, 2015
No matter y u r planning to emigrate, Na frm frying pan 2 fire o cry
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Sunymoore(m): 10:20pm On Apr 10, 2015
Guy were you the guy that created a thread about finding love charm in your wife's bag? If so.. Nawao... You have a great sense of humor.. I really enjoyed your thread

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by kayfeez(m): 10:23pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:

Yeah I have been a regular on nairaland for several years. Started watching Nigerian movies as far as 1997. In fact if I had m PVC I would have voted at the just concluded election..Lol My wife was shocked at how closely I followed the result. I have been curs-ing Orubebe since that election incident. Jega has become my hero since then! I plan to put a picture of him in my office..

I hope ur cars sound jegaish? coz we don't want orubebe cars anymore on Lagos roads.

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Boss13: 10:24pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:

Thank you very much bros.. However Cameroon does not belong to the ECOWAS zone although we have a long standing relationship with Naija.. Despite my wanting to move to Naija I don't have any friends of relations there. The idea of making a short trip there to see things before hand is good. Thanks!

Your english is good for a francophone citizen. I am aware Cameroon is not part of ECOWAS, hence you would need resident permit to carry out business here. Your embassy in Nigeria would be of great help to you. On an honest note, Nigeria can be a loose country for aliens/immigrants. However, I would advice against doing things illegally, because the moment you turn out to be successful, your competitors would exploit ways to kick you out of business and that includes deportation.

Any business can be successful in Nigeria, it requires persistence, tenacity and ability to respond to change. The used-vehicle industry is a bit congested in Nigeria. To me, it is a sole proprietorship business, there is no barrier to entry, poor regulation and a good number of competitors. On the other hand, Nigerians will only engage in businesses that are profitable. Furthermore, the country is in the process of implementing a new auto policy that would encourage the production and demand for new vehicles. This is the competition you should be afraid of (substitute goods/products).

If you are ready to jump into the ocean without any conflicting thoughts, then I would advice that you study the market/industry and offer what your competitors cannot offer. That would be your niche/selling point.

You are welcome to Nigeria.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by charmingeyes(m): 10:26pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:

That is just me.. Suffering and smiling..Lol Catching another man on top of my wife and smiling..Lol Killing them both and smiling..Lol
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Emmahunk(m): 10:29pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:

I sincerely do hope you will find my advice helpful even when I cannot help with feasibility studies of how lucrative second hand cars are over here.Am susure other Nairalanders can handle that.
Firstly, it's unfortunate that Cameroun is not an Ecowas member Nation hence in principle, the provisions of Phase one and two of Ecowas Protocol on movement of Citizens and establishment of business does not apply to it's citizens.
However, all you need to emigrate into Nigeria are basically simple.
First, you must have a valid Camerounian passport.
Secondly you must come in through a recognized entry point (border) and have your passport duely endorsed with the seen on arrival stamp
Thirdly, you must report your presence in the Country to the nearest Immigration Office.
You must also have sufficient proof that you are not going to be a public charge by showing proof of means of livelihood.
And oh yes, you need a residence permit.
May I finally thank you for your interest in our Country. To say the least, Nigerians are hospitable and contrary to what you read on the pages of newspapers, this is a Country that is fast turning into an investors haven. See you around soon

6 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:

Last year February I had a hilarious thread and did make some acquaintances. Sadly when nairaland collapsed the thread disappeared. It would have been easier to just go there now and make contacts.. However I am looking forward to the challenges and excitement of moving to a far off city with my ghana must go bag, shining my eyes as bright as I can. I attend a Baptist Church that has its roots and branches in Cameroon only.

I'm planning to relocate to Cameroon next month to start ice block business . is there 247 electricity in Cameroon ? Pls reply

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by fyneboi79(m): 10:34pm On Apr 10, 2015
Zaikon:
Lol plenty for your post oh
Lol he sounds like a Nigerian Yahoo boy.

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Chigold101(m): 10:34pm On Apr 10, 2015
stonecoldcafe:
Lalasticala make una try help this guy nah! The boy wan invest for our obodo Naija cheesy

Op, why didn't you put this up in the business section? I wish i had solid advise to give on immigration and co but i don't have any. I got one though, since you are an ECOWAS citizen, this should be pretty easy. Liaise with friends and colleagues in Lagos, take a visit and move around Lagos for yourself. Ask questions, visit car dealers and see what its like. Good luck
lolzzz
Is Cameroun a member of ECOWAS bros?

Cameroun is a leading member of Central Africa & not a member of ECOWAS oh
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by nwonufestus(m): 10:35pm On Apr 10, 2015
if u ask me na who i go ask ※
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Chrishandsome(m): 10:41pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:

Thank you very much bros.. However Cameroon does not belong to the ECOWAS zone although we have a long standing relationship with Naija.. Despite my wanting to move to Naija I don't have any friends of relations there. The idea of making a short trip there to see things before hand is good. Thanks!
if really u are serious,then u can add me on facebook by serching mbebe christian.i am frm dat side.precisely Bamenda-Ndop and i think i can help.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by christopher123(m): 10:44pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:

Like taking bakassi penusular and betray

Look i think u should divise a bar with cameroun women dancing makossa
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by sucreblazing(m): 10:46pm On Apr 10, 2015
BaebieHot:
[/b]

Lmao, craze dey ur head well well o.
See this guy wann kill me wit laff for here grin grin

smiles ...

I kuku no get craze for head Na wetin I notice I type....but se I never kill u with laugh sha ?
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by pelij18(m): 10:50pm On Apr 10, 2015
grandlexuz:

How come you are writting English language this perfect, I thought cameroon was colonised by france thereby initiating you guys with french speaking accent.?
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by Jfrezzy(m): 10:51pm On Apr 10, 2015
Why are people wasting there time like my self too,this guy is 100percent nigerian 4get that lie.. His english is so clear ,no mistake french self . Oboy go fool u papa . U be 9ja man.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by airsaylongcon: 10:57pm On Apr 10, 2015
Jfrezzy:
Why are people wasting there time like my self too,this guy is 100percent nigerian 4get that lie.. His english is so clear ,no mistake french self . Oboy go fool u papa . U be 9ja man.

pelij18:
How come you are writting English language this perfect, I thought camerron was colonised by france thereby initiating you guys with french speaking accent.?

Zik used to lead the National conscience of Nigeria and the Cameroon (a political party). The English speaking part of today's Cameroon used to be part of Nigeria. States like adamawa, Taraba (former gongola) were in Cameroon. Ahmadu Bell traded these for Gongola to be in Northern Nigeria
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by pelij18(m): 11:08pm On Apr 10, 2015
Jfrezzy:
He said he lived in cameroon all through out his life, yet i can't find any possiblity of beign this perfect in writing english language.

I swear most times is expedient for one to doubt.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by pelij18(m): 11:12pm On Apr 10, 2015
airsaylongcon:

Zik used to lead the National conscience of Nigeria and the Cameroon (a political party). The English speaking part of today's Cameroon used to be part of Nigeria. States like adamawa, Taraba (former gongola) were in Cameroon. Ahmadu Bell traded these for Gongola to be on Northern Nigeria
I will believe you, but.... That guy just lied to his father.
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by airsaylongcon: 11:16pm On Apr 10, 2015
pelij18:
I will believe you, but.... That guy just lied to his father.

Hahaha hahaha hahahaha
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by jennybright(f): 11:20pm On Apr 10, 2015
[quote author=ayusco85 post=

The op is a 419ner Nigerians beware
Re: Cameroonian Nairalander Wanting To Immigrate To Nigeria.. Please Advice by supaphlymee(m): 11:24pm On Apr 10, 2015
I'll advice u not to close down ur business in ur home country,find someone who can manage it for u,then maybe u check on things once in a while so u'll have somewhere to go back to in case things don't go as planned,then come over to Nigeria go to the state you have in mind,enquire from those in that same business because i know the competition will be much and don't be deceived by the population....just come and check the business environment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts / Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie / Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.