Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt (36631 Views)

No Tribe Is Marginalised In Nigeria Fr Mbaka - Dailypost / Why Do Majority Of Yoruba Claim Lagos As State Of Origin. / Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
baby124:
Please respect yourself. Lagos has indegenes, just like any other place in Nigeria. Dont disrespect Lagosians. Thanks.

There is nothing like Oba of Benin. Before the Benin people came, the indigenes were there. When they were kicked out, the indigenes were still there.

Enough of your shameless display of Stu8pidity. There is no where in the world that is a no man's land. Stop the delusion and accept reality so that if future you will not be taken by surprise.
Help me tell them o
My grandpa didn't tell me all this o.
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Mcowubaba: 9:06pm On Apr 10, 2015
MugabeRobert:
The ibos displaying acute infrority complex and extremely low self esteem all over the place.

If I should get one dollar for every ibo thread on Lagos, I should be richer than Dangote.

Who told it is Igbo people that r opening all dis THREADS
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by bakynes(m): 9:06pm On Apr 10, 2015
macjive01:

lol... did arabs not trade with Kano?

did igbos not trade with kano?

of course it took days but market must sell.
From history we never came in contact with igbos, we traded with Hausa- Fulanis, Itsekiris, Binis. I am someone who has a special interest and love for history so I know.

2 Likes

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by otunbadan(m): 9:07pm On Apr 10, 2015
oluwafemi113:
All i know is without Ibos, Lagos will not develop. Look at the important fields of interest they are well known for which developed lagos ;

Prostitution, selling of fake video game discs, fake cds and dvds, fake drugs, peddling of hard drugs, piracy, selling of gala & plantain chips on the highway, selling of okrika clothing items, selling fake vehicle spare parts, importing substandard china goods, importing and exporting aba made clones etc.

This activities are very vital to the economical success of Lagos.

We cannot do without them

They are very vital to us . Pls oba Akiolu, don't kill them for us. We also love their girls with their flat bald heads, moustache, yam legs, and hairy limbs

For the fact that you can type,that means the I assume you are learned, but still dumb,stupid egocentric tribilistic slowpoke

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by PenSniper: 9:10pm On Apr 10, 2015
kay1one:

Your parents are apes

Yes so long as they are Igbos they will always be apes.

1 Like

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by kingbasil: 9:10pm On Apr 10, 2015
macjive01:

lol... did arabs not trade with Kano?

did igbos not trade with kano?

of course it took days but market must sell

Of course this nimwits fail to study the history of their terrain... Bro school them more... smiley smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by mercyville: 9:11pm On Apr 10, 2015
u gave a wrong example, Onitsha pple migrated from benin and settled in their present site. The original inhabitants of the present onitsha are from idemmili/obosi. Therefore, onitsha is clearly Igboland. But lagos is inhabited by the awori ethnic group, the yorubas due to close proximity migrated to lagos, the aworis accomodated them and they(yorubas) started claiming ownership. So lagos is no man's land.

Sorry the Aworis...which tribe are they?Have you heard their language or have you asked them whether their tribe is called no man' s land.My man all AWORIS are Yoruba with all the culture of Yoruba and everything and if every nation in Nigeria secedes today,THE Aworis will not go to the south east or north.....

4 Likes

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 10, 2015
bakynes:

You want to lay claim to Lagos all the way from Alaigbo do you know how far the SE is to Lagos. If not for modern Times with cars u would probably travel weeks on foot before you get to lagos.
I was Surprise too, then would fear allow an ibo man to cross the Binin empire to go to lagos or did they build ships that navigated the atlantic ocean? Maybe the paddle canoe to navigate the atlantic ocean gringringrin
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by mercyville: 9:19pm On Apr 10, 2015
I want. to refer you to encyclopedia Britannica to get the true story, Google the first settlers of Lagos

According to your own story the real owner of the South East are the Nris and anybody called IGBOS are despised and SLAVES to this kingdom....

1 Like

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by macjive01: 9:23pm On Apr 10, 2015
I am going for my late dinner i will be BACK !
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by kingbasil: 9:33pm On Apr 10, 2015

According to your own story the real owner of the South East are the Nris and anybody called IGBOS are dispised and SLAVES to this kingdom....

So how come the Igbos are dispised and slaves Where did they come from and end up being slaves do the Nris Please tell me more....
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Chigold101(m): 9:35pm On Apr 10, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
The flat heads will never learn. cheesy Na so Dem do sotay the indigenes of Port Harcourt seized their properties after the civil war calling it "abandoned property".Upon all their noise till today they are yet to reclaim a single property back from the ikwerres. It's like they are a cursed race, trouble follows them about. Be prepared for the PH treatment folks cheesy . We will treat your fo.ckups grin
lolzzzz it is a pity when people who know nothing speak.

Most part of PH is Ikwere land & Ikweres are Igbos. Ken Saro who was an Ogoni man that joined the hausa/fulani people to confuse the Ikweres died a shamful death. Those who he called his friends (hausa/fulani people) hung him like a common criminal. He died without diginity. Burried without honour

Go to PH & tell me if the so called abandoned property which Awo deceived Ken to declare have made Ndi Igbo Poorer or richer.

So you better shut your mouth because u dont know anything.

You people are claiming to be wiser than the Igbos but hausa/fulani people foo.led you people & remove NIGERIA‘S capital from your land & took it to their place.

If Igbos have not been around to keep developing Lagos, I wonder what would have happend to Lagos by now.

Everybody that claims to be a Lagosian should be grateful to NDI IGBO for staying put to make Lagos a habitable place. Lagos state government knows how much IGR Ndi IGBO contributes to Lagos treasury every month.

I wonder when these yoruba children in NL will grow to become adult.

2 Likes

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by AgentMS: 9:35pm On Apr 10, 2015
meforyou1:
Oba of lagos, mr akiolu, is a confirmed benin empire subject

And the whole of Benin are subjects of Ooni of Ife.

Therefore, what Benin owns, Ooni is the owner. By deduction, nah Ooni get Benin, na Benin get Lagos. This is equals to Ooni owning lagos.

Equation solved.

Lobatan

1 Like

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Chigold101(m): 9:39pm On Apr 10, 2015
MugabeRobert:
The ibos displaying acute infrority complex and extremely low self esteem all over the place.

If I should get one dollar for every ibo thread on Lagos, I should be richer than Dangote.

see this one talking here. You can only talk here in NL, when you see IGBO boys around your area now, you will be begging them to buy you 1 bottle of origin...lolzzz

No go look for work, stay there and keep day dreaming of the day you will steal from Igbo guys shop...

Taaaaaa!!! Ga cho olu nwokem

1 Like

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by macjive01: 9:44pm On Apr 10, 2015
kingbasil:

According to your own story the real owner of the South East are the Nris and anybody called IGBOS are dispised and SLAVES to this kingdom....

So how come the Igbos are dispised and slaves Where did they come from and end up being slaves do the Nris Please tell me more....

Do you realize IGBOS are Jews or JEWS are Igbos from same loins as Jesus Christ ?

In fact Igbo artifers found at Nri predates Christ. yet had inscription of a messiah - Christ. (the artifact is still at Britiah Museum )

Igbo are the guardians of Eden. when Adam was chased out , who do you think secure the garden?

When i come back from my late dinner i will explain to you in more details.

Though there is another school of thought who reckons that the Igbos must be the product of the angels of heaven mating with mankind as described in the bible.
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by okpamson15(m): 9:50pm On Apr 10, 2015
Akanbee2015:

I laugh at ur stupidity in your mother's tongue. You're still a learner, you'd know how far soon. Lol
but guy why did u like to abuse me like this whenever i express my own opinion? Are you one of those witches they send to follow me up in al my doing. I cover myself with the blood of JESUS.
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by okpamson15(m): 9:55pm On Apr 10, 2015
Akanbee2015:

I laugh at ur stupidity in your mother's tongue. You're still a learner, you'd know how far soon. Lol
guy is there anything the problem? Why did u like to abuse me 4 my own opinion, are one of those witches that they send to monitor me? I cover myself with the blood of JESUS.
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Twistaray(m): 10:01pm On Apr 10, 2015
honourhim:

Enugu means on hilltop.

Anambra means large land.

aba means enter. for example anam aba na ulo. Which means i am entering the house.

Imo means everyone. (we say something like this- ma nta. ma imo which is like saying every tom and dick or everyone).

Thats for my side of igbo. to some other igbo villages they may have more meanings for the words too

Exactly, these states were named but were they created for yeboo in the first place ,were they?
Now, if thats the case should these states now be refer to as no man's land.

grin
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by italo: 10:08pm On Apr 10, 2015
Twistaray:

Could you please tell us the meaning of enugu,anambra,aba,imo in Igbo language?

Tiiiiikn u grin

This thread has nothing to do with Igbos. It is not Igbos that said Lagos belongs to no tribe. It's Lagos State Govt.

Re-read the OP

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by italo: 10:13pm On Apr 10, 2015
ayindejimmy:
the Aworis are not warriors but peace loving people. That was why they gave in easily to the Oba of Benin. But the Colonial masters had put an end to all that.
The Aworis and Eguns have been in Lagos from time immemorial

The Aworis came from Ile-ife.

Some will say they were cowards for giving in easily to the Oba's war expedition.

Some accounts say they had earlier attacked a Benin trade expedition.

That would make them cowards, not peace loving.
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Twistaray(m): 10:14pm On Apr 10, 2015
quickly:

What u clowns dont understand is EKO is lagos island, that was where the british establish trading post . Other areas like Epe , ikorodu, ojo, mushin, agege etc where never penetrated by british. Those places are 100% ancestral homes of ppl

I love this.
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Twistaray(m): 10:17pm On Apr 10, 2015
italo:

This thread has nothing to do with Igbos. It is not Igbos that said Lagos belongs to no tribe. It's Lagos State Govt.

Re-read the OP

Seems you really didnt get the message.
It simply meant, lagos is for all: nigeria is for all, we are one.
Dont /didnt you get mr?
As long as we remain as a nation lagos is for all and so is Igbo(SE) land to all of us.

E hen
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by italo: 10:18pm On Apr 10, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

We will know which tribe owns Lagos when kasala bursts and yi.bos begin to flee in droves back to SE. They did it during Biafra and June 12. The Yorubas remained in their land and fought Abacha and paid with their blood while the opportunistic igbos fled to the East.
This thread has nothing to do with Igbos. There is no need to start talking about spilling their blood when they have done you no wrong.

Please, reason like a human being, not an animal.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by italo: 10:21pm On Apr 10, 2015
dcaliph:
Proudly an Edo man, Op shey you know also that the Obi of Onisha is also from Bini lineage. Does that make Onisha a no man's land?

It is the Lagos Govt that says Lagos is no man's land, not me.

Ask them.

1 Like

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by italo: 10:25pm On Apr 10, 2015
PenSniper:

Are you so dumb ? Which lagos state govt or the work of deranged imbeciles from the Southwest. Believe this and you will believe anything. Desperate scammers. Your end is near.

The link is the website of the Lagos State Govt.

You want me to believe you know Lagos history better than Lagos Govt?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by internetpirate: 10:34pm On Apr 10, 2015
You are a pretty dense character! The relationship between Igbo groups is apparent in language similarity, culture etc. When you want to sound outlandish or just open your tribal mouth, you should at least try a little harder intellectually!

WisdomFlakes:

Watch them fabricate historical linkages between Aworis and Igbos. grin Na their modus operandi be dat when Dem wan claim other ppl land. Ask the Ikweres of PH, and the Agbors of Delta state. grin
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by backtosender: 10:35pm On Apr 10, 2015
Lagos is no mans land going from what i have observed there is no two ways about it they have some roads with igbo names on it both lagos Ireland and mainland so i see no reason why anybody should drag lagos along the land is free for everybody........
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by italo: 10:38pm On Apr 10, 2015
chowlade:

i knw u r ibos one of d hated tribes around d world continue to preach dat lagos is no mans land by d time they stated killing you people and taking ur dead bodies in body bags back 2 village 4 burial u will accept reality. i spit on you

no wonder why d hausa killed more than 5000 of una in d early 80s and ur dead bodies were conveyed by 9/11 back 2 village u accepted and leave their Land alone. ibos need iron hand no be by Mouth

There is no need to vent such anger and hatred on I or Igbos. We have done nothing to you.

It was neither of us that said 'Lagos is no man's land.' it was Lagos Govt that said so.

3 Likes

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 10, 2015
italo:

There is no need to vent such anger and hatred on I or Igbos. We have done nothing to you.

It was neither of us that said 'Lagos is no man's land.' it was Lagos Govt that said so.

by law u r right but in Enugu & Anambra no ibo man will ever say that 4 una Land cuz una selfish die
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by CyberWolf: 10:43pm On Apr 10, 2015
chowlade:

i knw u r ibos one of d hated tribes around d world continue to preach dat lagos is no mans land by d time they stated killing you people and taking ur dead bodies in body bags back 2 village 4 burial u will accept reality. i spit on you

no wonder why d hausa killed more than 5000 of una in d early 80s and ur dead bodies were conveyed by 9/11 back 2 village u accepted and leave their Land alone. ibos need iron hand no be by Mouth
You are a very useless ediot... angry angry...ne ka odi ka ihe eji achu aja...imbecilee angry
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by ekiloui(f): 10:57pm On Apr 10, 2015
I'm really sorry to see what illiteracy has done to some of you on this thread. A post meant to educate u has totally been turned into a tribalistic war thread. After seeing a lot of comments here, I'm glad I'm an Igbo girl and was raised to not make such barbaric and evil comments.

On friday some of una go go mosque, on sunday some go go church...may God deliver your souls from the hatred turning u into demons
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by WisdomFlakes: 11:00pm On Apr 10, 2015
Chigold101:
lolzzzz it is a pity when people who know nothing speak.

Most part of PH is Ikwere land & Ikweres are Igbos. Ken Saro who was an Ogoni man that joined the hausa/fulani people to confuse the Ikweres died a shamful death. Those who he called his friends (hausa/fulani people) hung him like a common criminal. He died without diginity. Burried without honour

Go to PH & tell me if the so called abandoned property which Awo deceived Ken to declare have made Ndi Igbo Poorer or richer.

So you better shut your mouth because u dont know anything.

You people are claiming to be wiser than the Igbos but hausa/fulani people foo.led you people & remove NIGERIA‘S capital from your land & took it to their place.

If Igbos have not been around to keep developing Lagos, I wonder what would have happend to Lagos by now.

Everybody that claims to be a Lagosian should be grateful to NDI IGBO for staying put to make Lagos a habitable place. Lagos state government knows how much IGR Ndi IGBO contributes to Lagos treasury every month.

I wonder when these yoruba children in NL will grow to become adult.

You people are so full of shyt. Without you Lagos will continue to thrive. Is it industries that you built in Lagos that you are referring to? Or that dirty Alaba international? Na Una build Lagos ikeja mall? The developmental projects of Tinubu, Jakande, Fashola na Una dey behind am? Abi no be common traders and spare parts dealers Una be for Lagos? Abi na Una build Lagos roads and bridges? Which development please? ? Please pray tell the development you brought to Lagos?

You say ikweres are Igbos, maybe they are but how come they HATE being associated with you lot, to the extent that they seized igbo properties and have refused to return them till this day? If ikwerres who are supposedly your kindred can feel justified to do that to you then you all better check yourselves. If you ask me I think you are cursed. Always creating problems wherever you go.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

9/24 Edo Assembly Members Elect New Speaker, Deputy At Night (photos) / Ex-militants Threaten To Blow Up Hijacked Vessel, Expatriates Onboard Over Biafr / "Jungle Justice": Buhari's Ballot Box Snatching Warning Got Nigerians Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.