Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,345 members, 7,811,994 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON (2127 Views)

OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! / APC In Panic Mode Because Agbaje Will Win In Lagos – Fani- Kayode / Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 10, 2015
I wonder why some set of people will believe that different thing will happen in tomorrow Governorship election in Lagos state apart from the presidential election.

I will advice you to stop dreaming. I heard from someone that the Igbo is more than Yoruba's in Lagos state. Y friend, that is a big lie. Let's take Buhari as an example. It is clear to most of us that almost 95% of Igbo's in Nigeria voted for Jonathan. That shows that almost all the Igbo's in Lagos state voted for Jonathan.

Now, the case is different. It is between Yoruba and Yoruba. You won't expect 70% of Igbo's to vote for Jimi Agbaje cause this matter on ground is a matter of Like and dislike. Although the defeat of Jonathan will push some set of Igbo's to vote for PDP.

But remember that even when Jonathan contested, he was beaten in lagos despite the full support he has from Igbo. Even if this full support is still there for Jimi Agbaje, he will still be defeated.

Hope You Understand Me?

Feel free to comment and give your reason if you opposes this motion

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by adeoladrg(m): 7:54pm On Apr 10, 2015
Story

4 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by jimi4us: 7:55pm On Apr 10, 2015
Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 10, 2015
Dream on

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by futmxconnectn(m): 8:57pm On Apr 10, 2015
godson36:
I wonder why some set of people will believe that different thing will happen in tomorrow Governorship election in Lagos state apart from the presidential election.

I will advice you to stop dreaming. I heard from someone that the Igbo is more than Yoruba's in Lagos state. Y friend, that is a big lie. Let's take Buhari as an example. It is clear to most of us that almost 95% of Igbo's in Nigeria voted for Jonathan. That shows that almost all the Igbo's in Lagos state voted for Jonathan.

Now, the case is different. It is between Yoruba and Yoruba. You won't expect 70% of Igbo's to vote for Jimi Agbaje cause this matter on ground is a matter of Like and dislike. Although the defeat of Jonathan will push some set of Igbo's to vote for PDP.

But remember that even when Jonathan contested, he was beaten in lagos despite the full support he has from Igbo. Even if this full support is still there for Jimi Agbaje, he will still be defeated.

Hope You Understand Me?

Thank you Bros for your observation! With all the almost 95% of Igbo votes, Urhobo votes, Ijaw votes, Itshekiri votes, some Yoruba votes and votes from other minority ethnic groups combined, GEJ still lose to GMB of APC how much more JK? Can JK garners more votes in Lagos than GEJ? Well, we have about 12hours to start the election.

5 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by Zuria(f): 9:07pm On Apr 10, 2015
There are Yorubas in support of the candidacy of Jimmy Agbaje just as there are igbos in support of Ambode. You all make it sound like Jimmy Agbaje is from Anambra grin grin

We should pray for a peaceful election...may the best man win cool cool cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by honourhim: 9:47pm On Apr 10, 2015
godson36:

Hope You Understand Me?

Your analysis is not balanced. Have you forgotten that here is a case of two yoruba men unlike in the presidency where you have an ijaw/hausa against hausa/yoruba? Lets say the igbos gave Jonathan a block vote in Lagos while the Yorubas gave Buhari same because of Osibanjo. Now Jimi and Agbaje will have to share the votes that yorubas gave to Buhari. Add the Yoruba votes to igbo block votes for Jimi and see what the result will look like, bearing in mind that the votes gap between Jonathan and Buhari was slim.

This is just as a matter of man's calculations anyway. It may or may not go this way in reality though. God knows the best. Let the best candidate win.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by 7lives: 10:01pm On Apr 10, 2015
honourhim:

Your analysis is not balanced. Have you forgotten that here is a case of two yoruba men unlike in the presidency where you have an ijaw/hausa against hausa/yoruba? Lets say the igbos gave Jonathan a block vote in Lagos while the Yorubas gave Buhari same because of Osibanjo. Now Jimi and Agbaje will have to share the votes that yorubas gave to Buhari. Add the Yoruba votes to igbo block votes for Jimi and see what the result will look like, bearing in mind that the votes gap between Jonathan and Buhari was slim.

This is just as a matter of man's calculations anyway. It may or may not go this way in reality though. God knows the best. Let the best candidate win.
I

O ma se o, the Arewa community are waiting to neutralize the so called Igbo votes or have you not heard that Tinubu is now a demi god in the north for supporting Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by honourhim: 10:09pm On Apr 10, 2015
7lives:
I

O ma se o, the Arewa community are waiting to neutralize the so called Igbo votes or have you not heard that Tinubu is now a demi god in the north for supporting Buhari.

The hausas already have a tradition of getting their PVCs from the north thats why they travel in mass during election to go and vote in their place. Except you are telling me that they ll use the PVC they got in the north to vote in Lagos. Again the few of them who voted in lagos sure were part of the votes given to Buhari/Osibanjo.
Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by WisdomFlakes: 10:12pm On Apr 10, 2015
No-brainer. By this time 2morro Jimi and his Yi.bo paymasters would have started congratulating Gov. Elect Ambode. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by lekandauda1234: 10:15pm On Apr 10, 2015
honourhim:

What you have failed to put into consideration is the fact that yorubas are not prostitutes voters. Go back into history when yorubas decide they are toeing a particular line they do so enmass except those who in minority that does otherwise. As u jhave assumed that yorubas vote enblock for Buhari so shall they vote for apc tmrw. Jks vote will be that minoty yorubas, and other tribes that i am very sure will be splited down d middle

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 10, 2015
so jimi agbaje is from nnewi.hahahahahahaha.odikwa tight.oya woju ooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by ndcide(m): 10:24pm On Apr 10, 2015
Bigotry. it's people like the @op, that will vote to prove silly points.

Even if ambode wins, he is not going to do anything to the Igbos. he is not going to kill them. Also, if Agbaje wins, he is not going to kill the Yoruba people.

Look, whoever wins have no choice but to deliver. And from my assessment, sentiments aside. Agbaje looks more poised to deliver. he looks like one who will owe his victory to the people of Lagos and no one else. he is not riding on another person's chariot to government house.

and He'll have to prove a point as he will be coming in on a different platform that have never governed Lagos.

we have seen both leading candidate speak. We all know that Agbaje is a superior candidate.

Fashola gave a speech and all he had against Agbaje is his political party & not his person or competence. Ask fashola, if his actions in Lagos was about his party or about him working to improve Lagos.

If not for party reasons, will fashola really pick ambode against agbaje? Let's be truthful.

we know fashola never wanted ambode, but now have to support him for party reasons.

To those who hate Agbaje because some Non indigenous people love him; I'll say it is a shame. It's not an Igbo thing. I spoke with a keke rider at Ajah area this evening and he told me why he wants to vote Agbaje. because he believes some oppression will stop. interestingly he is not Igbo.

There are Igbos who support Ambode too.

Why all these ethnic politics. will Ambode drive away Igbo? NO! They want to unite Yoruba people against agbaje; Who is a Yoruba man.

We all know those who play ethnic politics and later on point at another person.

If its about continuity, we have heard them speak about their take. Agbaje never his his opinions. He clearly pointed area and projects which he says will be sustained or reviewed. he he said " for this projects, they can be done differently" . This other ones we shall continue.

Though I want Agbaje to win, I have no point to prove.

Well, it is left for Lagosians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by honourhim: 10:28pm On Apr 10, 2015
lekandauda1234:
What you have failed to put into consideration is the fact that yorubas are not prostitutes voters. Go back into history when yorubas decide they are toeing a particular line they do so enmass except those who in minority that does otherwise. As u jhave assumed that yorubas vote enblock for Buhari so shall they vote for apc tmrw. Jks vote will be that minoty yorubas, and other tribes that i am very sure will be splited down d middle

So are you implying that Jimi is so worthless in yoruba land that he cant gather enough votes which can make up the ones he has from outsiders to give him a win? The vote gap between Buhari and Jonathan was less than 150 thousand, hope u know? its not like the kind of margin they had in Kano. We are just discussing possibilities anyway. What will be will be. Any of them that wins no problem.
Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by honourhim: 10:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
ndcide:
Bigotry. it's people like the @op, that will vote to prove silly points.

Even if ambode wins, he is not going to do anything to the Igbos. he is not going to kill them. Also, if Agbaje wins, he is not going to kill the Yoruba people.

Look, whoever wins have no choice but to deliver. And from my assessment, sentiments aside. Agbaje looks more poised to deliver. he looks like one who will owe his victory to the people of Lagos and no one else. he is not riding on another person's chariot to government house.

and He'll have to prove a point as he will be coming in on a different platform that have never governed Lagos.

we have seen both leading candidate speak. We all know that Agbaje is a superior candidate.

Fashola gave a speech and all he had against Agbaje is his political party & not his person or competence. Ask fashola, if his actions in Lagos was about his party or about him working to improve Lagos.

If not for party reasons, will fashola really pick ambode against agbaje? Let's be truthful.

we know fashola never wanted ambode, but now have to support him for party reasons.

To those who hate Agbaje because some Non indigenous people love him; I'll say it is a shame. It's not an Igbo thing. I spoke with a keke rider at Ajah area this evening and he told me why he wants to vote Agbaje. because he believes some oppression will stop. interestingly he is not Igbo.

There are Igbos who support Ambode too.

Why all these ethnic politics. will Ambode drive away Igbo? NO! They want to unite Yoruba people against agbaje; Who is a Yoruba man.

We all know those who play ethnic politics and later on point at another person.

If its about continuity, we have heard them speak about their take. Agbaje never his his opinions. He clearly pointed area and projects which he says will be sustained or reviewed. he he said " for this projects, they can be done differently" . This other ones we shall continue.

Though I want Agbaje to win, I have no point to prove.

Well, it is left for Lagosians.

Well spoken. Its pathetic they way Ambode's guys are talking here. portraying their candidate as a vindictive man who will victimize the igbos for not voting him. That alone paints a very bad picture of Ambode which may not actually be true of him. The Agbaje guys are not interested in Agbaje victimizing anybody from what i ve seen so far. They are only interested in him coming on board to deliver his campaign promises which includes liberating lagosians from uniformed touts who extort money from the masses thru various agencies.
Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by ABEngine(m): 10:38pm On Apr 10, 2015
I never underestimated Orijin nor the Ops consumption rate of same.
Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by Missy89(f): 10:39pm On Apr 10, 2015
It will be very difficult for PDP to win Lagos because this guber election is more important for SW APC chiefs especially Tinubu. He will need Lagos in other to have leverage over Buhari. A PDP win wont be good for Buhari either, It will put a lot of pressure on him from his associates in the SW because the Fed will only be their source to power. So 2 Things will happen

Ambo will win convincingly tomorrow or Abaje wins but will be removed by a tribunal after Buhari is sworn in. Either way, Jimi is just kidding

I am out cool

5 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by phelps007: 10:40pm On Apr 10, 2015
Op to gbayi....oshey!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by gregg2: 10:41pm On Apr 10, 2015
[size=15pt]OP, is Agbaje an Ibo man?

Agbaje is more Yoruba, more Lagosian than Ambode.

Igbo support for him is only a bonus
[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by ndcide(m): 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2015
Missy89:
It will be very difficult for PDP to win Lagos because this guber election is more important for SW APC chiefs especially Tinubu. He will need Lagos in other to have leverage over Buhari. A PDP win wont be good for Buhari either, It will put a lot of pressure on him from his associates in the SW because the Fed will only be their source to power. So 2 Things will happen

Ambo will win convincingly tomorrow or Abaje wins but will be removed by a tribunal after Buhari is sworn in. Either way, Jimi is just kidding

I am out cool

So unfortunate.

-Remove Agbaje by manipulating the tribunal?
-Leverage over buhari?
-More important for SW APC chiefs ?

Is that what people are going to stand under the sun all day for?
is that the reason GEJ was voted out?

really unfortunate.
Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by Missy89(f): 11:01pm On Apr 10, 2015
ndcide:

So unfortunate.

-Remove Agbaje by manipulating the tribunal?
-Leverage over buhari?
-More important for SW APC chiefs ?

Is that what people are going to stand under the sun all day for?
is that the reason GEJ was voted out?

really unfortunate.

Just talking about a realistic scenario. I might be wrong but that is highly unlikely
Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:18pm On Apr 10, 2015
So the Igbos are Supporting Jimi now? Well we all watched how they supported Gej and he failed! We go watch them fail again by His Grace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by mrmetoo1: 11:30pm On Apr 10, 2015
At worst the election tomorrow is going to turn out the way it did 2 weeks ago. At best Jimi is going to be beaten badly. Here are my reasons, momentum is not on Jimi's side as a matter of fact, win or lose Jimi needs to go thank the Oba because he injected life into a dead candidacy. PDP is relying on Igbo votes but I can almost say the Igbo turnout won't be as much as the presidential. Also I've spoken to some Igbo guys there were ardent GEJ supporters that are now like it's Ambode that there's no point voting PDP. This lagoon business is not as huge as it's playing out online. Then APC is planning huge mobilization of their voters to come out. The belief is their voters didn't come out during the presidential because of fear, now APC it's going around ensuring their members that they'll be safe.

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by pegasusautos: 11:32pm On Apr 10, 2015
Go and drink oats, you think like old man

godson36:

Hope You Understand Me?

Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by omololu2020(m): 11:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
honourhim:

are u sayin no yoruba man voted for jonathan in d presidential election?
Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by modskiller(m): 11:34pm On Apr 10, 2015
The average Lagosian wants Agbaje, but the sentimental ones want other wise, let's see who's will shall come to pass, sheybi we get PVC, make we use am judge. ""Mean while, the last time I saw somebody in the picture below*clearsthroat*""

Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by dguyindcorner(m): 1:09am On Apr 11, 2015
Zuria:
There are Yorubas in support of the candidacy of Jimmy Agbaje just as there are igbos in support of Ambode. You all make it sound like Jimmy Agbaje is from Anambra grin grin

We should pray for a peaceful election...may the best man win cool cool cool

JK makes it sound that way. To me he's Igbo just because of business relationship he have with the igbos.
Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by dguyindcorner(m): 1:12am On Apr 11, 2015
modskiller:
The average Lagosian wants Agbaje, but the sentimental ones want other wise, let's see who's will shall come to pass, sheybi we get PVC, make we use am judge. ""Mean while, the last time I saw somebody in the picture below*clearsthroat*""

What an irony. An average lagosian would want to see lagos in collaboration with the center.
Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by Nobody: 1:39am On Apr 11, 2015
This Igbo this Igbo that in Lagos is overhyped, abeg. The total number of Igbo votes in Lagos ALONE is not enough to bring in any candidate. Too much attention is given to just one tribe, non-indigenous for that matter, when real issues are supposed to be discussed/debated.

For crying out loud, there are other large communities/tribes in Lagos. No singular tribe's total vote, apart from the indigenous Yoruba tribe, is significant in Lagos for political purposes. All this Igbo over-hyping and threats should be ignored. It is just sad that politicians are using tribalism to overheat the polity.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by omniwater007: 2:26am On Apr 11, 2015
jimi will congratulate ambode tomorrow and defect to apc in future.

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by Duru1(m): 2:41am On Apr 11, 2015
honourhim:

Bros, tribalism tends to cloud most peoples' acumen. The political fight in Lagos State is between Yoruba. Any external help is a magic hence the irrational and silly comment by Oba Akiolu.
Re: Don't Expect Anything Special In Lagos State. Agbaje Will Be Defeated. REASON by rebranded(m): 2:58am On Apr 11, 2015
Issue should be like Ekiti where only PDP people that collected 1,000 came to vote.

Everyone should come out and vote tomorrow

(1) (Reply)

Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe's Campaign In 60s Vs Dr. Goodluck In 21st Century (see Photo) / Basket Mouth... Swiped At The Ex President Again / Bodies Washed Ashore As People Drown On Their Way To Europe. (DISTURBING PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.