Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! (22291 Views)

Buhari And Niger-Delta Dialogue Team Meet + What PMB Told Them - Photos / APC In Panic Mode Because Agbaje Will Win In Lagos – Fani- Kayode / “buhari Will Die In Office, Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos Guber Election” – Prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by unitysheart(m): 2:35am On May 07, 2015
Lagos—Barely 23 days to the inauguration of Lagos State governor-elect, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, Oba of Lagos, Rilwanu Akiolu I, yesterday, narrated how some of his relatives wanted the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, governorship candidate, Jimi Agbaje and not Ambode to succeed Fashola.
According to the monarch; “On May 14, 2014 when I first told all residents of Lagos that the next governor of the state will be Ambode, many didn’t believe me.

“I knew all the waters that have passed under the bridge, including my own blood relations, who without consulting me went with others to say that Bola Tinubu, Fashola and Oba Akiolu have pocketed Lagos, saying that this time, they will not allow that. And I told them that Jimi (Agbaje) will never be the governor. I still maintain it. There is no going back,” he added.

The Oba continued, “I have no doubt in my mind, with the cooperation and prayers of everyone, Ambode will perform very well. I told many people that Bola Tinubu planted the seed, Fashola came and watered the seed and it started germinating in geometrical progressions. We have just started.”
In his own speech, governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, yesterday, said the monthly Federal Allocation and the monthly Internally Generated Revenue, IGR, will not be enough to fund the Lagos 2015 budget of N489 billion.

The governor and the monarch spoke at the public policy lecture organised by the Institute of Directors, IoD and launch of the book edited by Mr. Sam Omatseye titled, ‘The Example: The Era of Babatunde Raji Fashola as Governor of Lagos State,’ in Lagos.

Fashola in his lecture titled, ‘My stewardship-Eight years of delivering excellence,’ said the number of migrants into the state daily has constantly increased its population.

Earlier, while explaining the reason for writing the book, Omatseye stated that the next generation would need answers to certain issues in the state and would want to know those who started the developmental work in the state.

He said “I felt that it was important that those people who saw it, who experienced it, worked and who were insiders were able to tell their stories and that was the reason why I started this project. I knew that about two or more years into his reign, people especially, his colleagues other governors started to see him as a kind of example. I started calling him the governor of example.”

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/lagos-gov-some-of-my-relations-wanted-agbaje-oba-akiolu/

2 Likes

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by guttentag(m): 2:39am On May 07, 2015
God help you say Ambode Win, the Igbos for chase you comot for Lagos

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by alnino94(m): 2:42am On May 07, 2015
lolz oba u still dy alive?

3 Likes

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by ki02020(m): 2:47am On May 07, 2015
Baba the election has been won and lost it time to move on for the benefits of all

14 Likes

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by menix(m): 2:49am On May 07, 2015
Dis igbo hater still wan tell us say him b prophet bah..

Oya, Oba tell us who go win Champions League jawe afterall lagosian love sport pass oda states...

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by raumdeuter: 2:59am On May 07, 2015
The Oba was right

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by eightsin(m): 3:01am On May 07, 2015
Is this man still talking! He should just keep quiet for that his foolish action to die down. I also think he is too involved in politics by picking sides openly. A father to all, he shld b

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by Nobody: 3:53am On May 07, 2015
Even Obatala revealed it to Jimi Agbaje in 3D but he just wouldn't listen grin

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by Nobody: 4:33am On May 07, 2015
eightsin:
Is this man still talking! He should just keep quiet for that his foolish action to die down. I also think he is too involved in politics by picking sides openly. A father to all, he shld b

It's unbelievable

8 Likes

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by okosodo: 4:37am On May 07, 2015
Yeye oba

8 Likes

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by pyyxxaro: 4:38am On May 07, 2015
Am just here to read comments

Ibo and Yoruba #RoundOne#

6 Likes

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by shikshark: 4:47am On May 07, 2015
that police behind the oba take style resemble obasanjo.......abi na my phone?

9 Likes

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by DaBullIT(m): 4:48am On May 07, 2015
Nuff said , I do not like the Oba's approach, he could have made his point without threatening anyone

That said, Victory tastes good,

If Agbaje likes, let him hire forensic experts from israel , as opposed to using his own hand to sort out election materials

Ambo Ti De

Person wey dey come don reach grin grin

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by Burger01(m): 4:57am On May 07, 2015
This oba should sit down jare. We don hear you. No dey sound like broken recordssmiley

1 Like

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by agarawu23(m): 5:01am On May 07, 2015
yes! you said it.

PDP is now swimming in the lagoon

14 Likes

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by DjHypno(m): 5:05am On May 07, 2015
Oro agba.

7 Likes

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by jascon1(m): 5:23am On May 07, 2015
I c no reason having traditional rulers. It keeps the masses blind to their own rights. I wish we had a Nigeria without these thieves.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by PentiumPro(f): 5:25am On May 07, 2015
PDP is forever dead in Lagos.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by Oyetboy(m): 5:29am On May 07, 2015
kabiesi baba, alase ikeji orisa grin

16 Likes

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by M4gunners: 5:33am On May 07, 2015
Did he say anything about Lagoon now? So i can't start preparing my swimwear now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by Ilekeh(f): 5:34am On May 07, 2015
Oba you told them but dem no wan hear.

Kabiesi oooo

17 Likes

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by idu1(m): 5:38am On May 07, 2015
grin
Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by dunkem21(m): 5:40am On May 07, 2015
Oba, we don forget say you dey exist sef.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by Femolacaster(m): 5:41am On May 07, 2015
I could see some demented flattheads venting their frustration on d oba.

12 Likes

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by nerodenero: 5:41am On May 07, 2015
Oba Akiolu 1-0 Just Kidding

16 Likes

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by khamas19: 5:54am On May 07, 2015
....this Oba na dia medicine..u don't wear white to wrestle a mad man....his style is d way forward when dealing with these cretins...

5 Likes

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by Nobody: 6:04am On May 07, 2015
If na dis one yorubaz dhe happy for as a true traditional leader, dey ve to wake up from dat deep sleep
Dis oba is a criminal cum "useless" being

Say no to "change"
Say yes to transformation

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by dridowu: 6:15am On May 07, 2015
Olowo Eko has spoken " Agbaje will never rule Lagos as Governor "

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by Nobody: 6:16am On May 07, 2015
Who lets the dogs out? woow wooow woooooo

So he finally mustered the courage to speak after losing his voice for close to a month?

A ret.ar.ded nicompoop!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by HelenBee(f): 6:18am On May 07, 2015
May you live long Kabiesi,kindly stay out of this issue.

5 Likes

Re: OBA AKIOLU: I Told Them That Jimi (Agbaje) Will Never Be The Governor! by biafransoul: 6:21am On May 07, 2015
Somebody should tell Mr Akiolu to shut up! For threatening to commit genocide against Igbos, He has lost all respect in the presence of God and Man. Stewpid old man.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Current Speakers And Deputies Of The 36 State Houses Of Assembly / Electoral Staff Dies During Delta Local Government Election. Photos / APC Wins Katsina Bye-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.