Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Tormented - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tormented (101823 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tormented by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:38am On Apr 13, 2016
hahahaha...Isidora is human after all...nice one Safarigirl
Re: Tormented by Izyyblaze(f): 11:10am On Apr 13, 2016
How I love this girl,she just have a way with words, weldone Safarigirl.
Finally,Isi gives in to her feelings. so, I have this feeling that this story is coming to an end,is it?

1 Like

Re: Tormented by pharmacistU: 1:56pm On Apr 13, 2016
wow!!!!! this is simply amazing
Re: Tormented by CuteChiluv: 8:46pm On Apr 13, 2016
Wow! You are wonderful
Re: Tormented by obasegun88(m): 7:23am On Apr 15, 2016
Days without update! Please Safarigirl
Re: Tormented by segsbenks(m): 11:47am On Apr 15, 2016
[quote author=Izyyblaze post=44660907]How I love this girl,she just have a way with words, weldone Safarigirl.
Finally,Isi gives in to her feelings. so, I have this feeling that this story is coming to an end,is it?[/quote
hi, u ar avin a nice pishure over there, cn i mail u pls?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tormented by Izyyblaze(f): 12:07pm On Apr 15, 2016
[quote author=segsbenks post=44723181][/quote] thanks
Re: Tormented by oghenekome51(f): 1:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
Safarigirl thanks for d update and were expecting more ma!
As for 'the propositions', i love dah story die already, pls keep it up! *****please dont stop d stories*****
Re: Tormented by missuniverse(f): 6:14pm On Apr 16, 2016
at long last
team isichuma
Re: Tormented by segsbenks(m): 8:03pm On Apr 17, 2016
Izyyblaze:
thanks
hmm, u ar yet to answer me sis
Re: Tormented by Izyyblaze(f): 8:49pm On Apr 17, 2016
segsbenks:
Lol,sorry bro,what was the question?
Re: Tormented by safarigirl(f): 12:02am On Apr 18, 2016
segsbenks:

bros, kindly locate the dating and hook-up section.

No dey derail my thread. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Tormented by segsbenks(m): 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2016
safarigirl:

Re: Tormented by segsbenks(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2016
safarigirl:

gosh! no offend ma'am, and besides am nt use to dat section u ar showing, anyways am sorry for d derailin tins!my apology sis :
Re: Tormented by safarigirl(f): 7:55pm On Apr 18, 2016
Hello people,

The link to my other stoy on the other site: The Proposition was changed.

Here's the new link

http://afritalks.com/threads/the-proposition.887/

Hopefully, I'll post something on here before the end of the week.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking of starting another story on NL, something to do with werewolves (non-human)....never tried the genre before though

Tell me what you think
Re: Tormented by mhizzpatra(f): 5:19pm On Apr 19, 2016
cry
Re: Tormented by mhizzpatra(f): 5:20pm On Apr 19, 2016
1. Tormented
2. The memory
3. The proposition
4. The boss interest
and many more
u haven't finished any of those...u really wanna strt anoda one? undecided
safarigirl:
Hello people,
The link to my other stoy on the other site: The Proposition was changed.
Here's the new link
http://afritalks.com/threads/the-proposition.887/
Hopefully, I'll post something on here before the end of the week.
Meanwhile, I'm thinking of starting another story on NL, something to do with werewolves (non-human)....never tried the genre before though
Tell me what you think

1 Like

Re: Tormented by KimBerlyie: 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2016
mhizzpatra:
1. Tormented
2. The memory
3. The proposition
4. The boss interest
and many more

I was abt saying that too. She's through with 'the memory'
Re: Tormented by safarigirl(f): 5:59pm On Apr 19, 2016
mhizzpatra:
1. Tormented
2. The memory
3. The proposition
4. The boss interest
and many more
I've finished 'memory.'

I don't get feedbacks on Proposition and TBW, so I'm not even sure I'm writing something interesting
Re: Tormented by toocute4uall(f): 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2016
Safarigirl ur stories are wow....being reading proposition and it's a lovely story....feel like it's just building hence the lack of comments I think but I love the way the plot is unfolding....more mb and more inspiration. Well done

1 Like

Re: Tormented by KimBerlyie: 10:11pm On Apr 19, 2016
safarigirl:
I've finished 'memory.'

I don't get feedbacks on Proposition and TBW, so I'm not even sure I'm writing something interesting

Re u kidding me? Your stories re interesting , m following all of it. Maybe cus you didn't post the stories here that's y u got no feedback. Kindly continue smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tormented by safarigirl(f): 11:31pm On Apr 19, 2016
*Almost there guys* smiley

So Ismail is the one responsible for my present predicament.

If I had it in me, I would smack the annoying smirk off his face right now. It’s obvious he’s been spending too much time with Chuma, he even has his smirk now. Not that the information was of any use, but I had to ask why Gladys and Ismail were in the kitchen together because I know one of them could have simply come in to check on us. The fact that both of them were there was telling. Turns out Ismail had been the one to come in and find us in a…compromising situation, and rather than mind his own business, he ran to Gladys to tell on us, the little snitch.

I’m still too embarrassed to say a word, what will I even say? How do I defend the scene that just occurred? There is nothing to defend and by the small smile on Gladys’ face I don’t think she wants to hear a defense either.

I can only imagine the party that must be going on in her head, she’s been insinuating some relationship between I and Chuma, throwing in his good characteristics between conversation like a shrewd marketer. All of her words are coming to me now and I can’t help but think she feels all of her effort have borne fruits, but haven’t they? To a very large extent, her remarks have influenced my thoughts of Chuma and increased thoughts of him in my head.

She’s partly to blame for his good image and my familial thoughts of him.

“Mother, I just want you to know that whatever is going on between I and Isi is between I and Isi, we don’t need you and Ismail making it awkward. As a matter of fact, I am disappointed that you allowed this child witness such a scene, really mom?” Chuma asked.

I’m in full support of his latter statement, I am absolutely horrified that a woman who has trained me this well stood by and allowed Ismail watch two adults….doing adult things, he ought to have been heavily reprimanded for his shameful behaviour and even now, Gladys has not said a word of condemnation to Ismail

She chuckles at his statement as if he just cracked a joke, “So, you know there is a child in this house, and you were committing atrocities in the kitchen where anybody can come and see you, okwa ya?” (is it?) she addressed both of us.

Chuma opens his mouth to reply her, but her punchline allows for no arguments and I instantly wish my brain is in good condition right now.

“Anyway, you’re both grown adults who know right from wrong. I don’t believe I trained fornicators.” That word slices into me and opens up my brain just a little.

“We weren’t fornicating.” I defend our actions….or at least mine

“The sounds I was hearing are sounds related to fornication so forgive me if I’m getting something wrong.” Gladys replies me.

I want to say something, but just like Chuma, I am effectively shut down by the superior intellect of Gladys, I may not have a convincing argument, but I know we were not fornicating, that would involve coitus and none of that happened. It was just a kiss.

“Like I was saying, I believe I trained you both very well. I don’t know the kind of cat and mouse game you’ve been playing with each other for the past two years, but I am tired of it and so is Ismail. We just want some normalcy in our lives.”

I get her underlying message, but I find it unacceptable. Normalcy? We have that, there is absolutely nothing abnormal in our actions, everyone in our familial unit understands their role and plays it to the commendation of the rest of us. Yes, we may not meet the requirements of certain families, but considering our rather unconventional union, I believe we have handled ourselves commendably. We are perfectly normal.

"Mother, sometimes, doing things like everyone else isn't necessarily normal. I and Isi, we...we're fine with the way we are, there's no need forcing people to do what makes them unhappy"

I may not be familiar with certain things in the world, but I KNOW a shade when I hear one and I believe I just got heavily shaded by Chuma somewhere in that sentence. He's been walking around here like we're cool and all is forgiven, but in that one statement, I realise, he hasn't quite gotten over my 2-year old rejection.

"And who is being forced to do what makes them unhappy?" I'm unable to stop myself from asking that question as much as I don't wish to get into any form of argument with Chuma and certainly not in front of an audience. It's just so difficult to overlook some comments.

He looks at me as if expecting me to figure out his meaning. I obviously have, I just need him to be a man and come out with it. I refuse to sit here with him and behave like a teenager, so I maintain eye contact, daring him to speak his mind. Funny how he has no qualms doing that when it's just two of us, but in the presence of others, he wants to dance around a bush.

"We all know who thinks living a lone life is so much more fulfilling than being committed." He replies

I frown, he has me figured all wrong, "Just because some of us are cautious of our actions doesn't mean we enjoy being lonely." I fire back at him

He snickers, "Cautious? Since when did pushing away everyone who expresses interest in you translate to 'being cautious'?" He mocks.

He has some nerve! I don't remember pushing him away, and I believe I have the right to not want a relationship with him, he's nothing special, "I never pushed you away!"

"Don't lie through your teeth Isidore, it doesn't suit you."

Now, I'm offended, how dare he sit in MY house, on MY EXPENSIVE chair and accuse ME of telling lies?, "Defamation doesn't suit you either Mr. Law enforcement."

He shakes his head at me, "You like to act tough Isi, but inside you, you're still a scared little girl, you run away because you're afraid. You're afraid you feel things you never thought you could feel, you're afraid to live, afraid to explore the possibilities that maybe, just maybe you're not destined to live a bitter, vengeful life. You have allowed your fear rule everything you do."

He's lying. I'm not afraid, maybe I was 18 or so years ago, but that was then, when I had no control, when I hadn't discovered my strength, when I allowed others use me. I know no fear now and Chuma Ugwumba is certainly not the man to instill that fear in me.

"You don't know what you're talking about" I retort.

"If I'm so clueless, I'm sure you won't have an objection in testing my theory."

I see the challenge in his eyes, that is normally a sign that I shouldn't humour him. There are men whose challenges can be faced head-on, men who simply don't have it in them to shake one's resolve. Fickle men with weak challenges. Chuma isn't one of those men. Chuma doesn't throw a challenge he doesn't intend to win. Less than an hour ago, he challenged me and I bowed to his feet. A normal person, under normal circumstances will do well to consider the proper reply to give considering a challenge was only recently lost to this same man.

There are normal people in normal circumstances, and then there is me, and where Chuma is concerned, the circumstances are never normal.

"Fine, we'll test it"

He raises his brow, "Are you sure? You can NOT back out once it's laid down."

I see the warning signs, hell, he's waving a red flag the size of the atlantic ocean at me. I have the option to call his bluff, to refuse to entertain his games any further. Do I do that though? Of course not! I refuse to be shown up by Chuma. He will not have the last laugh

I smirk at him, "I do not think you can come up with anything to reveal a non-existent fear I presumably harbour"

He raises a full brow at my cockiness and then smiles, "If you're so confident in yourself, then marry me." He replies so simply the weight of the words are lost on me.

I'm about to clap back, and then the words register in my head. Did I hear him right? Surely that's not the way he plans to test this theory of his, "I'm sorry, what?" I'll need him to run that by me one more time, I don't think I heard right the first time.

"Let's get married Isidore, we'll go to a church, take vows and become husband and wife, or are you too scared to marry me?" He asks cockily.

I have made a grave mistake once again and have somehow found myself subject to the superior intellect of this aggravating man. In my haste to emerge victorious, I failed to lay down the rules to this challenge. Marry him? Does he not understand the gravity of his suggestion? That is not something to be joked with, the insitution of marriage is simply not an avenue for someone's ego to be stroked neither is it a platform upon which one should gloat.

This is by far the most ridiculous marriage proposal I have ever known and it will not fly. I'm not scared of marrying Chuma, I simply don't like him enough to marry him and I do not think either of us will last as a couple. Our blood do not meet, we're not compatible, we can barely tolerate each other.

A marriage, for whatever idiotic reason, is not feasible for us....especially not for me

He's staring at me with a smirk on his face and a mischievous glint in his eyes, just waiting for me to cower out. It's unjust that he got to state clearly that there was no room for a retreat and I didn't even put in an exception to that rule. He's just waiting to laugh in my face and remind me of how scared I am.

I'm not scared of him, but a marriage between us is the silliest suggestion Chuma has ever come up with and every right thinking adult will agree with me.

"I believe we have an agreement. I'll make the necessary arrangements"

I only remember we have an audience after Gladys makes that comment. Agreement? Arrangements?

I believe I just pushed the self-destruct button on my life with more than a little assistance from the manipulator-in-chief. He's going to regret blind-siding me

I'm not scared, no, I'm just stupid

9 Likes

Re: Tormented by toocute4uall(f): 6:37am On Apr 20, 2016
More pls......and many thanks for the beautiful update but pls some more
Re: Tormented by bummybummy(f): 8:40am On Apr 20, 2016
Tnx 4 d update, more more nd more of it
Re: Tormented by elyzabetta(f): 12:36pm On Apr 20, 2016
Girl, I love this. Currently following your proposition post, 'tis so cool. Although I couldn't drop my comment. Please don't stop. Keep it coming.
Re: Tormented by Bheembor: 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2016

For some of us your readers, it's more of. getting scared of being left hanging. I decided not to read your new story until you finish one if the two I'm following.
Your stories are super cool and leaving them too long before update can make readers lose interest in the writer.
I'm following the boss's interest and Tormented bumper to fender.

1 Like

Re: Tormented by AdetoroBukola: 12:42pm On Apr 29, 2016
Hello safarigirl hope you are good please kindly update on Tormented too ooo, its been a while you visited this place. Pls dont forget proposition and boss interest too. God bless and increase your wisdom. One of your ghost readers
Re: Tormented by safarigirl(f): 1:19pm On Apr 29, 2016
AdetoroBukola:
Hello safarigirl hope you are good please kindly update on Tormented too ooo, its been a while you visited this place. Pls dont forget proposition and boss interest too. God bless and increase your wisdom. One of your ghost readers
thanks dear.

School resumed last Sunday, the light situation is bad and my phone battery is far too weak. Returning home for the weekend so I will update all 3 stories over the weekend hopefully smiley
Re: Tormented by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:40pm On Apr 29, 2016
safarigirl:
thanks dear.

School resumed last Sunday, the light situation is bad and my phone battery is far too weak. Returning home for the weekend so I will update all 3 stories over the weekend hopefully smiley
Re: Tormented by AdetoroBukola: 5:44pm On Apr 29, 2016
Patiently waiting dearie. love you plenty.[quote author=TheSuperNerd post=45158853][/quote]Patiently waiting dearie. love you plenty.
Re: Tormented by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:46pm On Apr 29, 2016
Looking forward to the updates.... smiley

You see? Even one of your numerous ghost readers had to show up because of the magic and treasures in those fingers of yours.... smiley

#smiles Take Care...

safarigirl:
thanks dear.

Re: Tormented by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:51pm On Apr 29, 2016
Uhmmm.... you most certainly meant Safarigirl... #smiles

Quoted the wrong moniker... grin

AdetoroBukola:
Patiently waiting dearie. love you plenty.Patiently waiting dearie. love you plenty.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Diary Of An Anonymous Corper / Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.