Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,692 members, 7,820,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

MTN To Buy Visafone Communications - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN To Buy Visafone Communications (16781 Views)

Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down / Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister / BREAKING NEWS: MTN To Shut Down Nigeria Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by dadebayo1(m): 8:20am On Apr 11, 2015
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by iyatrustee(f): 8:23am On Apr 11, 2015
If this news is true, then it means MTN dey against me! I just ported after using the network for 13yrs. Now they want to lord it over my visafone landline? angry angry

2 Likes

Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by arsetalks(m): 8:26am On Apr 11, 2015
ollah1:
I doubt this news. Visafone is rich itself. The owner is a rich man and he owns different companies. I don't see him selling of his biggest assets
Not as rich as MTN. You got to respect MTN, they have acquired so much by stealing from Nigerians.

Wasn't there a time they wanted to acquire Etisalat?

I just hope government can do something about these companies poor internet services.
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by Jarus(m): 8:29am On Apr 11, 2015
Not surprised. The business is due for sale. Visafone has just refused to take-off. This is one business I know Jim Ovia must have regretted going into.
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by peteruuu(m): 8:33am On Apr 11, 2015
Issorait,we go dey look jejeli dey see wetin go happen undecided
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by frank442: 8:41am On Apr 11, 2015
MTN is just a greedy company
All they do is to cheat their customers

It's not going to be biz as usual
When buhari take control
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by onatisi(m): 8:41am On Apr 11, 2015
Jarus:
Not surprised. The business is due for sale. Visafone has just refused to take-off. This is one business I know Jim Ovia must have regretted going into.
I think the issue is visaphone refused to tap into the opportunities the cdma offers although many cdma platforms . Maybe they should have been investing more in the mobile data aspect ,that is where the gold mine would be very soon . If mtn takes over,they won't scrap it but they will make sure visaphone data takes a more robust look and better service . This will give mtn a larger share in our telecom market.

1 Like

Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by Muhylonaire(m): 8:48am On Apr 11, 2015
just passing bye....
...………….._.---._
………… '…………’
…………/……………\
…………\ (@) (@) /
………….\ . . A . .../
……………..) ....,,(
……………\ """"" /
………….....`. _ .'
……… ……….=.
… … .---._.-.=.-._.---.
…… ./ ':-(_.-: :-._)-:` \
… …/ /' (__.-: :-.__)`\ \
… ./ / (___.-` '-.___) '\ \
… / /. (___.-'^`-.___).\\
. / /.. (___.-'=`-.___)..\ \
./ /… (____.'=`.____)…\\
/ / … ' (___. '=`.___)……\ \
(_.;……`----'.=.`----'… …;_)
;|| … … ( `.-.=.-.' ) … … '||;
;|| … …… \ `.=.' / … …… ||;
;||………… \ .=. /…… … …||;
;||…… .-`.`-._.-'.'-……… ||;
::\...... ( ,): O O sad , )…… /:;:
|||| … / /'`’---'--'` \ \ … ' ||||
‘''''… ' / / ……… ……\ \ … ''''’’
........../ / …… …………\ \
......../ /………… … ……\ \
....../ /…… …… … … … \ \
..../ / …… ……… … …… \ \
../ /……… …… … …… … \ \
./.' …… …… … … … …… `.\
.(_)’ … …… …… …… ….`(_)
..\\ ……… ………………… //
...\\ ………… … ………… //
....\\ ……… …… ……… //
.....\\ ……… …………. //
......\\ ……………… …//
.......\\ …… …………//
.......///) ……………(\\\
.....,///' ……… …… `\\\,
...../// …………………`\\\
....""' …………………… '"
----oooO---
----(----)----
-----\--(--
------\_)-
-----------Oooo---
-----------(----)---
------------)--/----
------------(_/-

1 Like

Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by idupaul: 9:08am On Apr 11, 2015
ollah1:
I doubt this news. Visafone is rich itself. The owner is a rich man and he owns different companies. I don't see him selling of his biggest assets

Visafone is rich how, na u put money for their pocket.. For your info Visafone has been a big burden for Jim Ovia in the last three years where they have seen active subscriber base deep to almost zero . The will gladly sell to MTN ..
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by Ho2uba(m): 9:14am On Apr 11, 2015
Story for the gods cheesy
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by obyrich(m): 9:16am On Apr 11, 2015
ollah1:
FYI MTN just sold 45% of its stake to IHS Africa.You ddon't understand the dynamics of business.
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by bigtt76(f): 9:20am On Apr 11, 2015
Wished it was the other way round #mtscheeeeeew grin
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by spanzed(m): 9:24am On Apr 11, 2015
[quote author=bigtt76 post=32585247]Wished it was the other way round #mtscheeeeeew grin grin...viafone cannot afford it dem no born dem well

1 Like

Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by Tolubory(m): 9:32am On Apr 11, 2015
undecided Ahhh
Gbe se re o....
Visafone broadband wey we still dey manage at cheaper rate will soon "Turn to if you no get money you won't surf " under Mtn =-O
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by grimandevil: 9:53am On Apr 11, 2015
Zico5:
That is a good development, I think buying visafone will reduce call rate, and bring about affordable data plan

which part of brain u d use think? just asking

1 Like

Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by Justiyke4u: 9:58am On Apr 11, 2015
Just thinking the kind of Scheme of Arrangement this transaction is. Is it Purchase and Assumption or a Take Over Bid or Arrangement on Sale?
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by pearlzy92(f): 10:02am On Apr 11, 2015
Pls o ijn it will not happen..... My unlimited data plan ahhhhhhhh........
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 11, 2015
I will never use MTN in my lifetime....useless network

2 Likes

Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by Zico5(m): 10:11am On Apr 11, 2015
grimandevil:

which part of brain u d use think? just asking
Are u insane, or u want ur parents to bury u. Did I abuse u or u lack respect for elders. U re just an animal
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by grimandevil: 10:17am On Apr 11, 2015
Zico5:

Are u insane, or u want ur parents to bury u. Did I abuse u or u lack respect for elders. U re just an animal

is just a question. didn't mean to hurt u
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by Tunagee(m): 10:23am On Apr 11, 2015
ifechukwudegeme:
Good for the business. Mtn is still incharge.

BUY VERY AFFORDABLE MTN DATA .
we sell cheap MTN internet data bundles cus we buy in bulk thereby gaining certain privileges etc.
When you buy MTN INTERNET data from us, you pay less while getting the same speed, same quality and same duration as the normal subscription.
Our MTN data plans has a validity period of ONE MONTH and works on all devices such as Android, BB10, iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone, Tablets, Modem etc.
1GB = #1,200.

if interested, kindly contact me via sms or Whatsapp - 07062027524.

Kind Regards.

bros no dey use ur staff line for advert.
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by Rexyl(m): 10:26am On Apr 11, 2015
And rebrand as ?
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by emmatok(m): 10:32am On Apr 11, 2015
ollah1:

I know VISAFONE is being sold, but the company was not revealed to us.

Visafone just sacked lots of her Staff last month.

VISA is the only functional CDMA company in Nigeria, all other CDMA Telcos are dead due to competition.

1 Like

Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by otokx(m): 10:46am On Apr 11, 2015
Once visafone stopped unlimited browsing, they lost a client.
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by Hollakay1(m): 11:01am On Apr 11, 2015
Story for the GODS tongue
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by Mordyb: 11:18am On Apr 11, 2015
Visa internet about to go from frying pan to fire
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 11, 2015
Agbegilodo:

My dear friend. ... Please don't venture into business as your post has displayed that you have egocentric tendencies. .
The fact that the owner is rich has nothing to do with the potential sale of the company. If the offer is right, he will sell the company and move on. What stops him from using the money to set up some other business franchise? ??

He is among people who see things from the outside without knowing the true state of the business.

I am sure I will be among the 2.2 m subscribers on Viasphone platform for a line I used for only 4 months and dropped it off since 2010.
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by miqos02(m): 11:40am On Apr 11, 2015
Fynline:
MTN has already bought VISA. I Knw a friend who works with visa but was laid off about 2 weeks ago for this same reason.
u mean south African visa?
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by Dignitygab(m): 11:44am On Apr 11, 2015
Good news for some nd bad for some
Buh come Oº°˚˚°ºoo why the trend disturb una like dat??

1 Like

Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by hunkydory(m): 1:00pm On Apr 11, 2015
AmberQueen:
Mtn is yet to fix alot of things in its network & it wants to purchase visafone

God na ur hand I dey oh.

Just wonderin how many more messages & d unwarranted deductions I will be gettin in a day wen that ink is finally put to paper.

embarassed
I use Visafone EVDO modem and it is the best network for browsing with your laptop.MTN should not come and spoil it for us o.
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by lilmagambo(f): 1:30pm On Apr 11, 2015
Jk 4 lasgidi vote change

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Produce Soaps And Detergent / Tony Elumelu At A Senate Meeting In France. Photos / Naira Depreciates To N1,305/$ In Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.