Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

MTN To Buy Visafone Communications - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN To Buy Visafone Communications (16767 Views)

Communications Tax: 25% Of Licensed Operators To Shut Down / Nigeria Does Not Want MTN “to Die” From $5.2bn Fine-Communications Minister / BREAKING NEWS: MTN To Shut Down Nigeria Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by OpraMenu(m): 1:43pm On Apr 11, 2015
IT'S ALL ABOUT KILLING THE COMPETITION.

1 Like

Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by dROC1: 3:40pm On Apr 11, 2015
Agbegilodo:

ollah1:
I doubt this news. Visafone is rich itself. The owner is a rich man
My dear friend. ... Please don't venture into business as your post has displayed that you have egocentric tendencies. .
The fact that the owner is rich has nothing to do with the potential sale of the company. If the offer is right, he will sell the company and move on. What stops him from using the money to set up some other business franchise? ??

Don't mind him, he has no market insight. Typical Nigerian calling "rich man" up and down without knowing the dynamics of assets and liabilities. (This mentality leads to kidnapping grin).

Back to the topic, Visaphone laid off 80% of its call center, sales and marketing teams last month ending.
Jim was probably shopping for a buyer for Visaphone before this CDMA haemorrage sinks him out of the Forbes list. I'm sure he sold it cheap sef because it is not that useful to MTN, apart from wanting to revive it under its all powerful brand name. At this rate most CDMA companies in Nigeria have already gone belly up.

And some people be here talking like rich man means he manufactures money.

1 Like

Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by BlongTrendies(f): 4:12pm On Apr 11, 2015
No more Cug for me angry
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by Nobleskar(m): 6:53pm On Apr 11, 2015
Visafone is one of the largest indigenous WAN provider.. I really don't see this happening
Re: MTN To Buy Visafone Communications by kennethkaycee(m): 4:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
M TEEEE N!!!
shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2.3 Billion Pieces Of Coins Worth N1.60b In Circulation—cbn / Banks In Competitive Forex Trading As Demand For School Fees, Others Shrink / Social Security Number (SSN) Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.