Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Lessons From Muhammad's Ascension To Heaven - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lessons From Muhammad's Ascension To Heaven (882 Views)

3 Lessons From The Just Concluded Ramadan. / Questions Muhammad Should Have Asked Allah, Which He Didn't / Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lessons From Muhammad's Ascension To Heaven by truthman2012(m): 7:04am On Apr 11, 2015
Muhammad was said to ascend to heaven. Read the account here:

http://www.sunnah.org/ibadaat/fasting/ascen3.htm

But before ascending, his heart had to be cleansed by 'angel Gabriel'. It shows islam led by Muhammad is not holy enough to get into heaven without further cleansing. Had he died before the 'cleansing', would he have qualified to enter heaven? What about billions of islam faithfuls (muslims) who did not have the privilege of getting 'cleansed' before they died?

When he got to 'the heavens', he claimed he saw some prophets of old, who lived by the Scripture, which was said to be corrupt before the time of Jeremiah. The lesson here is that the 'the corrupt' Scripture is good enough to take the believers to heaven without further cleansing.

Worthy of mention is the fact that there were jihadists who fought in the course of allah along with Muhammad but were not seen by him when he got to 'heaven' probably because they were not 'cleansed'. Where were they?

''I was brought al-Burg who is an animal white and long,
larger than a donkey but
smaller than a mule, who
would place his hoof at a
distance equal to the range of
vision. I mounted it and came
to the Temple (Bait-ul Maqdis
in Jerusalem), then tethered it
to the ring used by the
prophets'' ( Sahih Muslim, Vol.
1, p. 101).

Muhammad was tested in Jerusalem.

''Allah's Apostle was presented
with two cups, one containing
wine and the other milk on the
night of his night journey at
Jerusalem. He looked at it and
took the milk. Gabriel said,
"Thanks to Allah Who guided
you to the Fitra (i.e. Islam); if
you had taken the wine, your
followers would have gone
astray". ( Sahih al-Bukhari , Vol.
6, p. 196).

Before proceeding on the journey to heaven he was tested in the Temple of Jerusalem. Why Jerusalem and not Kaaba? It shows Jerusalem is the city of God, not Kaaba.

Then allah enjoined the number of times muslims should be praying per day.

Then Allah enjoined fifty
prayers on my followers.
When I returned with this
order of Allah, I passed by
Moses who asked me, "What
has Allah enjoined on your
followers?" I replied, "He has
enjoined fifty prayers on
them". Moses said "Go back to
your Lord (and appeal for
reduction) for your followers
will not be able to bear it".
( Sahih al-Bukhari , Vol. 1, p.
213).

Allah enjoined fifty prayers on muslims, which Moses advised Muhammad's followers would not be able to bear and that led to the eventual reduction to five times. Allah continued with his inconsistency, even in heaven as he did in the quran, cancelling already revealed revelations and replacing them with what he called better ones (Quran 2:106). One would expect him to know better than Moses who advised fifty prayers was not practicable, which allah admitted. Does allah know all things?
Re: Lessons From Muhammad's Ascension To Heaven by malvisguy212: 7:48am On Apr 11, 2015
Yes,if the early scripture can take this men to heaven, what is the need for the quran?

Rilwayn001,I read your reply but I was ban in the Islamic section,I will like us to continue our disscusion , "adam was created in heaven?quranic verse " you can open a thread here about it and mention my ID .
Re: Lessons From Muhammad's Ascension To Heaven by mustymatic(m): 4:42pm On Apr 12, 2015
malvisguy212:
Yes,if the early scripture can take this men to heaven, what is the need for the quran?

Rilwayn001,I read your reply but I was ban in the Islamic section,I will like us to continue our disscusion , "adam was created in heaven?quranic verse " you can open a thread here about it and mention my ID .
I hav a lot of questions for u too.
Re: Lessons From Muhammad's Ascension To Heaven by larrymoore(m): 9:16pm On Apr 12, 2015
This op is a pervert, I surely have no doubt.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Allah Provides, Suffices, And Makes A Way Out Of Every Hardship. / Your Darling Professor Alaro / How To Observe A Proper Holy Bath. Help Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.