Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak (106600 Views)

You Eat Lagos’ Salt, Yet Speak Ill Of Lagos - Lasisi Olagunju / Photos Of Saraki's Supporters Carrying Placard Outside National Assembly / World Now Listens When Nigeria Speak Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Athanatos(m): 9:12am On Apr 11, 2015
olas24u:

You people like to just dominate people around you ,The relationship will never be the same anymore ,because the trend will not be allowed to continue, the APC government in Lagos state appointed people from various parts of Nigeria into government in Lagos. And continuity will ensure that we have a Lagos that will be like Singapore ,Hong Kong, California ,London, but you people want reverse the continuity and set us back .
I vote who I want to,that's democracy. The North voted Buhari in block,y'all say they were voting for change. The East voted for Jonathan,it suddenly became "tribalistic voting". Wetin we do una?

Does the constitution say that my travel from Onitsha to Lagos is immigration Abeg answer.

Stop living in the stone age. If really y'all were democrats,you'd be okay with Nigerians living in parts of the country other than their ancestral place. Y'all exhibit attitudes last seen during the Kiriji Wars.

My 2 kobo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Ilekeh(f): 9:12am On Apr 11, 2015
Did you vote today or are you voting from your bathroom?

dozymars:
They have made the matter worse than what it was.
Jimi all the way.
Jimi is Yoruba Not Igbo.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by niceguy7(m): 9:13am On Apr 11, 2015
david2:
The Yoruba's should shut up....where were they b4 their oba came out to talk rubbish
Or have u forgotten jimi agbaje is also yoruba...he is jst using oba akiolu speech as campaign...

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by IamOpemipo(m): 9:13am On Apr 11, 2015
CHM11:

Your paragraphs totally contradict each other. One moment you are tribalistic, the other moment you are saying we are all human beings. I am not yoruba, I'm from Delta and based in Lagos. You want to know what pained the Oba?

Igbos said they will one day produce the governor of Lagos, they even wanted to run for vice in 2015.
They called Lagos a 'no man's land' that yorubas are claiming it.
They said Lagos is nothing but a colonial settlement.

Sincerely in your God mind, answer this : Will the people in South east Nigeria take this in their state from any other tribe? Even anambra self won't take it from other igbos.

And who told you the igbos are the most hardworking? What does hardworking mean to you?
Don't you think it means something else to me?
You might prefer to carry stones and break rocks with a sledge and call it hard work while I prefer to sit down for hours doing research and creating a cure for Ebola, that could be hardwork to me.

Lagos belongs to the Yorubas first before another Nigerian. If foreigners from Cotonou and Togo come to attack people in Lagos, the Yorubas will get up first to defend their home. When they can't subdue the intruders then Nigerians will join to help them.

Igbos should just learn to be careful with their utterances as regards Lagos. What you will not allow in your own home, do not do it in another persons home.

Lagos became the capital of Nigeria, because it is Lagos, Yoruba Land and it has been a trade centre even before the british took over. I think calabar used to be a capital too, so why is calabar not like Lagos?...

Respect your host and do not cause problems with your utterances.

5 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by jmoore(m): 9:13am On Apr 11, 2015
Elites who got no idea of the meaning of democracy. smh.

Obama who is from Kenya, is the President of USA.
And here we got ignorant folks talking trash. The so called Elites should go back to the classroom and study Citizenship101.
Chiamanda's response beats this ignorant trash.

7 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by buchichukwu69: 9:13am On Apr 11, 2015
Nna, all these divisive pdp tactics are counterproductive. Wetin concern Ambode with this article now? Remember both Ambode and Jimi are yorubas. While Ambode does his campaign as if we're all same in Lagos, Jimi is constantly talking about indigines and nonindigines. So who is really divisive.

rudedough:
"Igbo immigrant resident community in the Yoruba kingdom of Lagos in Southwestern Nigeria."

So i'm an immigrant in my own country? What the hell! This is absurd if not silly. I was going to vote for Ambode but i think it's time to put this immigrant nonsense to rest once and for all. I've changed my mind.

5 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by henryiyke2: 9:13am On Apr 11, 2015
:PFool
omokab:
Well said. If a visitor is becoming too arrogant to the person that accommodate him,definitely he will be shown his way back to where he's coming from. I don't know how a visitor will be claming too know of another's property. The best thing is to throw them out of Lagos let them go back to their land and develop their place. At the same time I can't blame them is useless PDP that want power by all means I will blame. They are the one giving them too much popularity and they will later regret it.Is it possible for any other tribe to do all this nonsense in their state?Bunch of ingrate.Lagos give you opportunity to be part of their government by appointing you commissioners,hon and other benefits but you can't think to appreciate rather to be ungrateful.Like I used to tell your ibo fellows that yorubas don't like problem but if you put us to the wall you will see hell more than what Oba Akiolu said.In term of everything in the country and around the world we senior you.Education,population,money,international connection etc we are not your mate.If it leads to war honestly speaking you will go down in history.just a little word for you!

3 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by isan(m): 9:13am On Apr 11, 2015
Ibo pple shey una don hear now undecided
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Chidozieude: 9:13am On Apr 11, 2015
Rudedough the Malaysia based ibo fool, who do u think u are deceiving? Are u voting from Malaysia?

rudedough:
"Igbo immigrant resident community in the Yoruba kingdom of Lagos in Southwestern Nigeria."

So i'm an immigrant in my own country? What the hell! This is absurd if not silly. I was going to vote for Ambode but i think it's time to put this immigrant nonsense to rest once and for all. I've changed my mind.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 11, 2015
putin3:
Igbos can take Yorubas anywhere in the world,that Igbos live in Lagos doesn't make Yorubas great tribe,Lagos state was develop by Nigeria govt.

Remember this is the same reason the Hausas kicked the ibos out before the Biafran war. Ibos will never learn.

11 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by pyx: 9:14am On Apr 11, 2015
Problem caused by Yoruba leaders due to personal and selfish agenda.. Imagine an Ibo commissioners,, rep,,etc in Yoruba land in the name of Unification of Nigeria. All these will not happen in Portharcourt and other Ibo speaking state. Yoruba ronu o. "Teru ba pe n le, Ama se epe Alajobi"

10 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by ebukabanky(m): 9:14am On Apr 11, 2015
[quote author=Doncolio post=32583623]

Voting Agbaje does nothing to change that statement, rather it goes to show the Yoruba man you prefer.

Yoruba man we prefer dats makin a choice......PDP all d way.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by IncredibleSEUN: 9:14am On Apr 11, 2015
david2:
The Yoruba's should shut up....where were they b4 their oba came out to talk rubbish
..... Well you not put ur MFK mouth to where it belongs.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by virus05(m): 9:14am On Apr 11, 2015
Disrespecting our kings, as the Igbo “leaders”
have disrespected the Oba of Lagos in the past
few days, is repugnant to our culture. Were
such to happen again, it will be an affront that
we Yoruba people all over the world will find it
difficult to forgive.

Lol.. See rats dey threaten

2 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by estherabah: 9:14am On Apr 11, 2015
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by obigold1(m): 9:14am On Apr 11, 2015
topsyg5:
If igbo chooses to go back to there village they should go now , go and develop enugu, aba imo pls go home and eat fufu
you are an empty soul

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by ajealadick(m): 9:15am On Apr 11, 2015
The yourbas own their lands. If your are a visitor respect their wishes (even if the Oba was wrong) or rather go home. No government on earth can protect you fighting a man on his house. Haba, Una go get state?

4 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by okestev: 9:15am On Apr 11, 2015
temitemi1:
NONSENSE!
....someone who sees this as nonsense should be definitely out of his/her mind...Lagos belong to the Yoruba kingdom...
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by UncleJudax(m): 9:15am On Apr 11, 2015
LordExecutioner:

Thank you bruhh for changing your mind. All ibo votes won't win at the poll for abaje, he needs yorubas. you ibos only have 17% of Lagos PVC.

and you are still an immigrant in Lagos albeit with citizenship to reside there. laying claims to it is unacceptable. go about ur business and keep making babies without disrupting the peace enjoyed by everyone.
Anybody that wants to commit suicide, should jump from your ego to your IQ.
#pathetic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by datalink: 9:15am On Apr 11, 2015
This is not written by Oodua but by FASHOLA this time the fight will spread beyond Lagos. Oudua are NONSENSE PEOPLE.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 9:15am On Apr 11, 2015
They should shut the Bleep up I am yourba and they don't speak for me. Any land habited by several ethnic groups is always up for contesting the true ownership. Fashola caused this by treating the igbos unfairly are definitely loosing it this time.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 11, 2015
LordExecutioner:
[s][/s]

Work hard to develop ur land. Kano state government just built the longest flyover in west africa, but you are still begging for 2nd niger bridge. how pathetic.

you only work hard in illegal activities, substandard and fake goods, and crime. take the away and ibo becomes useless.

how come everybody can't stand ibo? ghana, kenya, south africa, burundi, malaysia, india, china?

i saw your brothers telling chinese and india people that they are also lazy and jealous of ibos. imagine that? countries known for very high cerebral things. ibo man no go kill me with self-appraisal and wasteful arrogance. tribe of useless noisemakers. cheesy
. blah blah blahhhhhh! you are going out of point, and less I forget, u make no sense!!! I can't continue wasting my intelligence on low lifes like u. no offense.

3 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Athanatos(m): 9:15am On Apr 11, 2015
godson36:
I just hate Igbos
The feeling is well shared.

WE HATE YOU TOO.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by olas24u(f): 9:15am On Apr 11, 2015
nsyforreal:
in this era of civilisation,people are still echoing tribal sentiment.if Jonathan could accept the election results for the sake of peace,why can't believe we learn from this.

so surprised some are saying a particular place belongs to them.please let's stop all these because we all stand to benefit if we live together.

the so called IBO's are very vital to the survival of this nation and even Lagos.ambode is a Yoruba man likewise agbaje.

let's eschew violence.let's learn the Jonathan way and not let us be ridiculed because of governorship elections,it will be a shame because people will make reference to Jonathan accepting defeat.so why fighting or calling people names.enough please

GEJ started to divide the country along religious lines and ethnic line and even young and old lines just to divide and get support .so he his part of it.

2 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Ekowise(m): 9:16am On Apr 11, 2015
uniklinkum:

and your brain was hibernating when Arthur Eze and obi of Onitsha spewed there own trash during the anambra guber. Your cries is the usual victim mentality played by your people since the times of old.
and Arthur Eze and Obi of Onitsha laid a course that any foreigner who don't vote their choice will die in River Niger?
it's obvious the oba of Lagos is unpatriotic and an illiterate to have made such statement. Even sensitive yorubas know that statement and his perception of thing is wrong. Anyone who should be king in this age should be encouraged acquire some level of education because educated fellows will never speak that way.
illiteracy is disease.

1 Like

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 11, 2015
EggovinMma:
Reading.

I don't understand what respect one gives for not voting a lagosian.Is JK not a lagosian? Is democratic process of voting ones choice now a disrespect to a traditional throne in a federal nation?The igbos dont own lagos, I agree, but they still constitute a huge percentage of its population, and has the constitutional rights to vote and be voted for, in other for their interests to be favoured through good policies.
my dear nobody is stopping you folks from voting for PDP/APC.. That's every nigerian civil responsibility and he can exercise that right in any part of Nigeria he finds himself. What we are telling your people is to keep off of yoruba politics and desist from calling our land a no man's land . Will you be happy when a person like gani Adams goes to anambra state and start dictating and imposing a certain candidate on you guys and tag onisha a no man's land? Well that's what ifeanyi ubah has been doing in lagos. At a certain time, he was bursting that an igbo man must be the governor of lagos state before 2020.

We yorubas are peaceful people and that's why you guys haven't seen any violent reprisal from us so far because we believe in civility and the power of the pen. In your honest mind, can ifeanyi ubah and some other igbo folks do whatever they are doing in any northern state?

At so many occasions even on this forum, I ignore many insults thrown at my people and my land by your brothers on this forum just to let peace reign.

Igbos are allowed to run their businesses in odualand but we won't accept any form of disrespect from your brothers again.

Enough is enough

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by johnpalmer774(m): 9:16am On Apr 11, 2015
CHM11:

Ehen..me I know some igbos can be extremely obnoxious, arrogant, annoying and weird...especially those who grew up in the eatern part of the country.
That said, I still believe every Nigeria is a citizen of the country and is constitutionally free to occupy and do anything lawful anywhere in this country. Voting for their preferred candidate is Lawful so pls let us hear word.
The south west also benefit via federal allocations from funds derived from crude oil extracted majorly from the south south. So why shouldn't other people feel free to benefit from your Land.?
Not in support of the igbos though and their utterances though, because obviously, no south eastern state will accept such utterances from another tribe in their state.

Imagine a yoruba or Hausa or even Delta man saying they will produce the next governor of Anambra state because Anambra is a no mans land and a colonial settlement.

Igbos that I know in the south east will eat such person for dinner.

God bless u , More of u is needed in this Country . u will continue to know peace.

2 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by sewentybaba: 9:16am On Apr 11, 2015
They should let the sleeping dog rest a beg. Enough of this nonsense. We are Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by wazobiaN9(m): 9:16am On Apr 11, 2015
temitemi1:
NONSENSE!

Yes, agreed.. U av always bn NONSENSE, and a NUISANCE.
Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by sewentybaba: 9:16am On Apr 11, 2015
They should let the sleeping dog rest a beg. Enough of this nonsense. We are Nigerians. The same elite that won't vote.

3 Likes

Re: ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak by obigold1(m): 9:17am On Apr 11, 2015
July2050:
Very very well said. Infact, igbos should leave. We are tired of them. You can't come to Lagos and start claiming power. You have overstayed your welcome.

If the government does not flush you viruses out, get ready cos we Yorubas will flush you back to your dead biafra republic. Thieves.
you will die very soon mark my words

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

South Africans React As Nigerian Man Threatens To Retaliate In Boko Haram Style / FG Lifts Ban On Interstate Travels / Ibrahim Abubaka Lajada For Nigeria's President In 2019 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.