Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? (12351 Views)

Where Is Naydo and Esther of RESONANCE? / Anyone Heard Fo This Song Choko By Sean Tero. / Resonance- Chinweike To Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by medube(m): 8:10pm On Sep 06, 2006
Hi all,

Theres this 9ja Pop Gospel called Resonance that sang famous tracks like 'Chinwe Ike' and 'Holy Ghost Fire'? Do you have a link to their webpage, if available?

Thanks
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 06, 2006
I love Chinwe Ike

But not to the extent of lookin 4 their webpage (like u said, if it's available)
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by kiki(f): 9:36pm On Sep 06, 2006
never heard of em
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by Scorpio(f): 1:35am On Sep 07, 2006
I've heard abt them n i have a few songs of her album. uh,,,d album would still be needed sha grin
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by Oracle(m): 8:56am On Sep 07, 2006
Resonance are really cool, their hit track[b] CHINWE IKE[/b] has been the happening song for some time.
they are a gospel group which comprises a guy and a beautiful girl.
i don't really know their individual names but the girl has a nice voice and she is the backbone of the duo.

looking forward to their next album and the video of CHINWE IKE
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by Scorpio(f): 4:58pm On Sep 07, 2006
the video was nice n simple, i saw it on naijaryders
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by freelance(m): 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2006
am listening to it now. very nice songs. not bad @ all cuz of d very slow and lovely Rhythm.

Nice song and very nice combination
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by jaybaby(f): 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2006
Yea Very Nice Song! -but waz so surprized wen i got 2 Lagos No Radio Station Plays it-

i Prefer HOLY GHOST FIRE!

it Rocks Da Partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by BernieBoy(m): 4:01pm On Sep 09, 2006
A day without listening to Resonance is not worth living. I really love the album. Can someone post the lyrics here.
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by jaybaby(f): 7:35pm On Sep 09, 2006
Mard which 1 do u want?
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by Archang3l: 1:02am On Sep 23, 2006
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvNEiIJ8S3Y"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvNEiIJ8S3Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by Archang3l: 1:09am On Sep 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvNEiIJ8S3Y

na, not really, i fink this is the only net information bout this group,
i might try n listen carefully then write up a lyrics sheet, but then, i'm not sure my igbo's the best at the min,
or, u can help, find some igbo speakin people n write up a lyric sheet, then i'd help spread it around! :-)
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by regi: 10:15pm On Sep 30, 2006
Am very eager to get the lyrics of this song Chinwe Ike and if possible also from others on the album. Am in Germany and fell in love with the album, the voice, the texts and the video. Waooow great work! In the last song she is singing some German, doesn't she?
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by Saintjoe(m): 10:46am On Oct 05, 2006
I Love RESONANCE SO MUCH!!!!!!

The album really tried, both the audio and the video clips are very cool.

BernieBoy:

A day without listening to Resonance is not worth living. I really love the album. Can someone post the lyrics here.

I agree with you BernieBOY.

Pls anyone got the lyrics of JUDGEMENT DAY?, PLs post it here!!!

grin grin
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by anniebear(f): 3:23pm On Oct 07, 2006
i love the album and do u guyz know that one of the song in that album is topping the top ten nigeria on sound city lee lee to be precise
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by jaybaby(f): 7:10pm On Oct 07, 2006
y-e-a
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by Saintjoe(m): 2:08am On Oct 21, 2006
It's too much
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by Maxyaxy(m): 8:31am On Oct 22, 2006
HI! U can't believe it, but i was looking for the same lyrics online. I am in russia and i just got to hear the song. i guess i will write up the lyrics myself cos my ibo is still cool and then send it across 2 u.
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by Saintjoe(m): 1:37am On Oct 23, 2006
@max pls do it is gonna be a good help to all of us.

Especially JUDGEMENT DAY!!!

Thnks
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by laredo(m): 5:21am On Jan 01, 2007
Chinwe Ike - by Resonance

Oh ha ha Oh ha ha ha(3x)

Everyday you must wake up
And say a little prayer
To the one who loves you un-con-di-tionally
you must acknowledge his name

Chorus

Onye siri na ogaghi e cheta gi
Onye ahu anala
Onye ahu e fuola

Onye siri na ogaghi e cheta gi
Onye ahu anala
Onye ahu e fuola

cheta na Chinwe Ike
Chinwe Ike Chinwe Ike
cheta na Chinwe Ike
Chinwe Ike Chinwe Ike

O kaka
Onye kere ihe nine
Agbada gbachiri uzo
Onye riwe ike
nna no na eligwe
otito diri gi
isi mbido kam jebe ebe
Onye di ka gi eh
Chi kacha nma
Chikacha bu
Na ra ekele eh
Na ra ekele eh

Chorus

And Everything you do
you must put him first
and know that he is the best
and always he will prove to be
there are no doubts to it

Chorus
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by PTBNaija(f): 3:58pm On Jan 02, 2007
I bought the VCD and I love it. I feel a little embarrassed to ask this, but I know the basic idea of the song, but what is the literal translation of those lyrics? embarassed undecided
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by laredo(m): 8:32pm On Jan 02, 2007
PTBNaija:

I bought the VCD and I love it. I feel a little embarrassed to ask this, but I know the basic idea of the song, but what is the literal translation of those lyrics? embarassed undecided
lol, i have no idea too. wish i knew the meaning, am yoruba. just saw the lyrics on some website but i think chinwe ike is God gift or help.
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by Nobody: 4:37am On Jan 03, 2007
Chinwe Ike - Strength/Power belongs to God! grin

Official translation by Donzman:

Chinwe Ike - by Resonance

Oh ha ha Oh ha ha ha(3x)

Everyday you must wake up
And say a little prayer
To the one who loves you un-con-di-tionally
you must acknowledge his name

Chorus

Onye siri na ogaghi e cheta gi      -- He who says God won't remember you
Onye ahu anala                            -- The person is a goner
Onye ahu e fuola                          -- The person is lost

Onye siri na ogaghi e cheta gi      -- He who says God won't remember you
Onye ahu anala                            -- The person is a goner 
Onye ahu e fuola                          -- The person is lost

cheta na Chinwe Ike                    -- Remember that power (strength) belongs to God
Chinwe Ike Chinwe Ike                -- Power belongs to God, Power belongs to God
cheta na Chinwe Ike                    -- Remember that power (strength) belongs to God
Chinwe Ike Chinwe Ike                -- Power belongs to God, Power belongs to God

O kaka                                         -- The greatest (He who is greater than all)
Onye kere ihe nine                      -- He who created all things
Agbada gbachiri uzo        -- The one who covers all ways or Light that shines on all roads (difficult to translate)
Onye riwe ike                               -- He who owns all strengty
nna no na eligwe                         -- Father in Heaven
otito diri gi                                   -- Praise be unto you
isi mbido kam jebe ebe               -- The beginning and the end
Onye di ka gi eh                          -- Who is like you?
Chi kacha nma                            -- The best/most beautiful God
Chikacha bu                                -- The greatest God
Na ra ekele eh                            -- Receive thanks/adoration
Na ra ekele eh                            -- Receive thanks/adoration

Chorus

And Everything you do
you must put him first
and know that he is the best
and always he will prove to be
there are no doubts to it

Chorus

I think I did a good job, send all thanks to God, he is the greatest! grin grin grin grin

I had the whole album on my music player but I lost it when the hard drive failed. Nice song though!

2 Likes

Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by Nobody: 4:40am On Jan 03, 2007
Mard which 1 do u want?

@Jaybaby

If you have the songs, send it to my e-mail please. . . E-mail is in my profile!
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by chuksroy(m): 9:42am On Jan 03, 2007
hi all, well i think that the guy and the babe , they performed really good in that album and i also give cudos to the producer and director. well i would love to have the lyrics of the track i don die. pls anyone who has it should send it to my mail box , kaycee_555@yahoo.com
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by jaybaby(f): 12:40pm On Jan 03, 2007
Dozie Onye Ujor-----D lyrics r D ones above us abi?
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by PTBNaija(f): 6:55pm On Jan 03, 2007
Donzman, thanks so much for translating that.
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by laredo(m): 11:07pm On Jan 03, 2007
Here is the link to download the song:

http://rapidshare.com/files/10092151/Resonance_-_Chinwe_Ike.mp3

Click on free and wait till it starts.
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 03, 2007
jaybaby:

Dozie Onye Ujor-----D lyrics r D ones above us abi?

Yeah. . . Jaybaby Onye Okpo!

@laredo

Thanks man!
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 03, 2007
I came across this youtube link wit a few of their videos, if it helps;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSzelM-98ec&eurl=
The first time I saw the "Lee lee" I tot the girl was mixed race cos she looks light skinned, but the group is actually based in Enugu
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by PTBNaija(f): 11:44pm On Jan 03, 2007
The girl is mixed raced.
Re: Resonance - Has Anyone Heard Of Them? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:38am On Jan 04, 2007
yea, love chinwe ike and lee lee the most. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Those Interested In Music Production / 2face Idibia Live Show, Best Ever In Nigeria. / (free Beat) Olamide – Motigbana (instrumental)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.