Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,441 members, 7,843,346 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje (82460 Views)

Accept Tribunal Ruling In Good Faith, Oba Of Benin Urges Ize-iyamu / I’ll Accept Supreme Court’s Verdict – Wike / Buhari Should Take Outcome Of Election In Good Faith – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by hardbody: 9:59am On Apr 12, 2015
ddami:
wow 300k tax money at 24% so you earn about #1.250m per mnth.nairaland has rich people oooooo.thank u 4 ur generosity and charity to Lagos we promise it will b used judiciously,

Your maths is very good. That figure does not include off payroll bonuses paid across the year. But i hope you noted my point. It is not about what i earn but my contribution on a monthly basis to my society.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by tsdarkside(m): 9:59am On Apr 12, 2015
TopHand:

There are elements of truth in yur argument, but the fact remains Lagos is unique its indigenous population is welcoming(been most of its peoples r descendants of settlers, ancient Lagos was a sparsely populated place) and non discriminating, Lagosians(born and bred)are not just made up of Nigerians of all tribes, but people of different nationalities, I know of people of lebanese, brazilian, indian etc not to talk about africans of different nationalities, that having lived in Lagos 4 decades r naturalized citizens of nigeria claiming Lagos as state of origin, many Niger deltans know only Lagos as home and r rightly from lagos, the main reason why some sections of the indigenous poplace r irked is becos the Pdp canidate decided to use and exploit the ill thought, unwise statement of 1 of many traditonal rulers, the Pdp team shamefully drove a wedge in the peaceful coexistent harmonous nature of the state, people were not happy that JK seem to promote and prioritise the political ambitions, wishes, needs and wants of the Lagos Ibos, and unfortunately the real indigenious Ibos of the SE r a very closely knitted, highly politically ambitious and very driven group. APC on the other hand not only condemed the oba's statement, but distanced themselves away from it, Pdp decided to exploit it 4 some political advantage, why?, u might say Apc was doing damage control, but they already know that most Ibos will vote Pdp, the voting records reveals this, regardless oba's statement or no oba's statemen, is Apc foolish? no, a responsible Party unifies the people it does not divide its people. Lagos state and its peoples r a good shining example to the whole Nigeria, r there not other big city states?( a city state is where a city is so big it becos a state eg Hong kong, London, Singapore) in nigeria if what happened in lagos happened in Kano a lot of innocent blood will hav been wastefully spilled, Nigeria should look to Lagos and the south west in general, the truth most b told, and emulate its peoples the country needs to replicate this all over, the only city which was following Lagos but unfortunately fell into the hands of evil decisive politicians was Jos plateau state look at it now nobody wants to go there. Nigerians need to forge tolerance 4 each other and stand 4 justice 4 all, we should tasked our politicians and demand good governace and condemn injustice even if the individual doing it is our blood brother, How of us can truthfully raise our hands?

good one...you are a lagosian... grin grin grin grin
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by emmysoftyou: 10:02am On Apr 12, 2015
TS2:

As uncouth as the Oba's statement was the truth is that the autonomy being enjoyed by igbos in Lagos can never be given to Yoruba in igbo lanD. In igbo land I never saw one Street named after a Yoruba man but in Lagos it is all over.
ar yu a novice,do u want igbo to name street where they dont occupy??
How many of them travelled
even in akwa ibom where they dominate cos of mobil oil dnt ve name of a yoruba as street.
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by uzolexis(f): 10:02am On Apr 12, 2015
LasoulMacuby:

Will u say the same of Niger Deltans that claim it's their oil? Smh

Have u ever been 2 Niger Delta? They basically feed Nigeria but they get nothing 4 it,their land n water is polluted n they live in abject poverty. If they guard d oil jealously I won't blame them till Nigeria wakes up n fufills it's duties 2 them.
U can't say d same 4 d ports, a lot of investment has been put into it by d fed govt.
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 12, 2015
new2020:

Very shameless yoruba man. Lagos maybe in SW however very different from Osun, Ondo, Oyo, Oyo, Ogun and Ekiti in that 80% of taxes and duties paid into its coffers are by non yorubas...keep that in mind. When next you see Fashola commissioning a project...say big thank you to the non yorubas who are funding it through their taxes and duties. You think Lagos can function without them? You people should be very careful how carelessly you speak. Also say big thank you to the Niger Delta for your behemoth monthly allocation...you think you can survive without this handout by generous Niger Delta people? Speaking as a Niger Deltan, the day you Yoruba will marginalize any non yoruba in Lagos, be prepared to lose your federal monthly allocation and non payment of taxes and duties by non Yorubas...let's see how you will survive. You think Lagos would have attained its current economic and social status without nom yorubas and federal character? You want one Nigeria, you must abide by every law that glues us as Nigerians.
who is talking about no-yorubas here....you better keep quiet if you don't know what to say...there is a big difference between Igbo and Non-yoruba ok?...before you start talking rubbish.....I am a Proud Edo guy...we don't misbehave like the Igbos...trying to cause problems anywhere they go..
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by ademoladeji(m): 10:05am On Apr 12, 2015
Crispels:

You guys should go with your oil, don't forget the oil in ondo state(goggle it) is enough for the Yorubas, you should pack your things and get out. Go and read the history of Lagos, the Yorubas already built their own bridge as far back as the 14th century(over 4,000 years before Nigeria was amalgamated and much more years before your so called worthless oil was discovered).

Yorubas already built a strong economy under Ogunfunminire(the man that first inhabited Lagos) in the 9th century, as at 14th century,Eko had already gone ahead of other west African states and countries even before the brief benin contact.
Go and read the History of Lagos written by Lancelot De Freitas(The man that named the city Lagos in the year 1450),Yorubas already built their bridges,had their market and were very organized. That was why when the europeans came,they decided to make Lagos the seat of power because they know its the most developed region even before we were amalgamated, go and read and study History before coming here to say what you don't know.
Get a copy of Lagos State University(LASU) GNS vol 2 text book, you will see the whole history of Lagos there,we have been developing rapidly before you came! Mind u, nobody begged you to come,Nobody will beg you to stay,the road by which you came to south west is still very much available,you are free to take it back,nobody invited you to south west,so you can leave!

Nobody asked their fathers n mothers to come to Lagos...
It's really disgusting seeing the stupid, arrogant, cunning, 419er, ritualist n ingrate Igbos/Ibos talk mannerlessly to us on our dear n peaceful Lasgidi...
Awon weyrey omo iran kiran

1 Like

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 12, 2015
tsdarkside:

you igbos,are manouvering yourselfs again in an defenseless possition...

I WANT TO TELL THE YORUBAS AND HAUSAS,WE,NIGER DELTANS,ARE NOT WITH THE IGBOS...

WHATEVER THE IGBOS CALL ON THEIR HEADS,LET IT BE ONLY ON IGBOS HEAD...

WE WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH IGBOS...

SE and SS ignore this yoruba imposter claiming Niger Deltan.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 12, 2015
akthedream:
who is talking about no-yorubas here....you better keep quiet if you don't know what to say...there is a big difference between Igbo and Non-yoruba ok?...before you start talking rubbish.....I am a Proud Edo guy...we don't misbehave like the Igbos...trying to cause problems anywhere they go..

Another yoruba man claiming Edo. Some of them are even idenifying as females on nairaland ...smh
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:13am On Apr 12, 2015
slikcipher:

Close ya mouth..... That's how you guys talked during Abiola's time... Igbos left... Under 3weeks you guys begged Igbos to come back. The fact it we need each other. So dude shut d Bleep up....

Common flat-head,stop spreading falsehood online! Who begged who to come back to where? Go and turn your erosion-ridden Arochukwu to El-dorado for all I care. The message is very clear- we don't need you ! I hope your flat head is capable of processing that simple message. Eranko lasan!
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 12, 2015
hardbody:

Lagos did this Lagos did that. Is it for free? The tax i pay will probaby pay you 2months salary at a go. At a tax rate of 24% I pay about N300k tax per month. I do not know where else that figure gets paid in Nigeria at my level. So just shut up. Lagos has done nothing for anybody. Everybody in Lagos is contributing to make Lahos whT is is. We are even feeding your omoniles and motor park touts when we park our cars and pay them between N400 and N500 per hour. Tell me in one sentence what Lagos has done for me. I buy your land at cut throat with my money. I settle multiple families in the name of omoniles. I employ your wretched azz brothers to work on the project. I pay my taxes and use the facilities arising out of my money. I work for annorganized private sector company and report to a non yoruba MD but have 3 yorubas reporting directly to me and quite a few others across the function reporting to me too both igbos, yorubas and other Nigerians. We treat each other with mutual respect. Pray what exactly has yoruba land done for me as a favour?

Very intelligent fellow...you drove home my point on pag one. If most Yorubas who spew hocus pocus on here knew how much non Yorubas pay in taxes they will keep their big mouth shut.
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by Classicman47(m): 10:13am On Apr 12, 2015
ddami:
wow 300k tax money at 24% so you earn about #1.250m per mnth.nairaland has rich people oooooo.thank u 4 ur generosity and charity to Lagos we promise it will b used judiciously,

lol.
she don do the calculation sharp sharp.
i would be surprised if u didnt..hahaha
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by tsdarkside(m): 10:16am On Apr 12, 2015
new2020:

SE and SS ignore this yoruba imposter claiming Niger Deltan.

wait,wait,waitttttttt.............are you calling me yoruba i would be proud to be yoruba,but i am not...i am urhobo,and i want nothing to do with
igbos.....period... angry angry angry

oghene-do-do----OGHENE angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 12, 2015
new2020:

Another yoruba man claiming Edo. Some of them are even idenifying as females on nairaland ...smh
I think you are not proud of where you from.....I don't do tribal stuff..I repeat..I am an Edo guy...and don't argue foolishly...Igbo should fight alone and not involve other tribes...when they were causing trouble,they did that alonne without involving others...there is a big difference between SE and SS..get that into your dumb head.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by huptin(m): 10:18am On Apr 12, 2015
uzolexis:

Nigeria of course n it's their oil money that is used 2 develop ur so called yoruba land wc is a part of Nigeria.

Once again you are wrong..... without Niger Delta revenues from port and Value added tax generated from my region is enough to develop it better than it is now. Before oil exploration started in Nigeria my region's economy was one of the fastest growing in the world, with rapid industrialisation and a vibrant agriculture system.

What your oil has done is to bring in all manners of people to over populate my region, while paying my region peanuts from the proceeds of oil.... heck Lagos state still has to source more than half of its revenue internally while the oil states enjoy their booty and most of their indigenes are making their abode in my region.

To cap it all ...Ondo state produces more oil than the whole of south east.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by emmysoftyou: 10:20am On Apr 12, 2015
mayowa122:

See your answer like dust
Yoruba don't travel... grin
mayowa my frend,grin
dnt mind me jare,but na true o,jus that na ur pple no wan understand us jare..

Oremi atata,Jo ma binu jor..wink
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by hardbody: 10:24am On Apr 12, 2015
LasoulMacuby:

Ambode should even send all igbos in Lagos back to their States of origin when he becomes governor.
Haba! A very selfish, greedy and bias set of people.
I wonder why all the development they claim to take to other states cannot be seen in their own States.
So far as I can tell even for the next 50 years, no state in the East can be as developed as Lagos, they actually brought the idiom of "no man's land". Flush them all out
The question you should now ask yourself is must you stay in Lagos? It's simply means you can't afford to loose what you are gaining from the Yoruba land, else with all your complaint about the high rate of tax, you would have relocated a long time ago

If you are smart by half you will realize that companies employ you and retain you where your services are most needed. And incorporated companies are federal government citizens. I hope your doltic brain can assimilate that. What it therefore means is that i can work wherever my company requires me to in this country. Which is why i move round from abuja to ph to calabar to owerri . It is amazing you did not see the point i was making about contributing tax money to the state. You all are blinded by tbe fact we are doing well here. Even if i were to leave Lagos, you dont have as an individual what it takes to take over my job. So what is your headache?

1 Like

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by emmysoftyou: 10:27am On Apr 12, 2015
huptin:

is it because yu re angry yu said so?
Anyway i pardoned you but
ondo oil is more or less than anambra oil but not as large as imo and abia state oil pls take note.
if ondo oil is as big as yu proclaimed it to be,why is the state still in a poor state like osun state

1 Like

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by xtervaganza(m): 10:28am On Apr 12, 2015
bakynes:

Bro stop that, the Niger deltans have done nothing wrong for us to call them slaves, it is the ungrateful igbos here on NL who wants to Lord over other people on their lands that are we fighting.
i agree with you bro
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by tsdarkside(m): 10:29am On Apr 12, 2015
huptin:

Once again you are wrong..... without Niger Delta revenues from port and Value added tax generated from my region is enough to develop it better than it is now. Before oil exploration started in Nigeria my region's economy was one of the fastest growing in the world, with rapid industrialisation and a vibrant agriculture system.

What your oil has done is to bring in all manners of people to over populate my region, while paying my region peanuts from the proceeds of oil.... heck Lagos state still has to source more than half of its revenue internally while the oil states enjoy their booty and most of their indigenes are making their abode in my region.

dont mind those stvpid igbos...aint we the ones to be complaining in nigeria....??

1 Like

Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by hardbody: 10:29am On Apr 12, 2015
akthedream:
I think you are not proud of where you from.....I don't do tribal stuff..I repeat..I am an Edo guy...and don't argue foolishly...Igbo should fight alone and not involve other tribes...when they were causing trouble,they did that alonne without involving others...there is a big difference between SE and SS..get that into your dumb head.

Guy stop weeing on your pants. No one is scared. It is very simple. No one can cripple my company it is nothing to do with Yoruba. They will try to disturb the traders only yo find out that spare part prices will sky rocket and they will come back to open any closed market. Yorubas in this Lagos still drive the highest number of rickety cars and buses.

I am igbo and proudly too. Nothing scares me. Whoever is begging for protection is speaking for himself. If people want us to level this place lets go to war. When the dust is settled there will be no Lagos anymore and survivors would have learnt their lessons
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by huptin(m): 10:29am On Apr 12, 2015
emmysoftyou:
is it because yu re angry yu said so?
Anyway i pardoned you but
ondo oil is more or less than anambra oil but not as large as imo and abia state oil pls take note.
if ondo oil is as big as yu proclaimed it to be,why is the state still in a poor state like osun state

Can u please consult google....please do and you will be shocked. Just google oil producing states in nigeria and their output.
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 12, 2015
tsdarkside:

wait,wait,waitttttttt.............are you calling me yoruba i would be proud to be yoruba,but i am not...i am urhobo,and i want nothing to do with

lol mavo? Wado!
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 12, 2015
[size=16pt]Let us stop our tribalism.... Igbos should learn to respect the yoruba culture if you are hosted in our land as we will respect yours if we are in your land.... Thats the summary of the whole matter, we don't have to love each other, must we must have mutual respect for each other.....

On the other hand i wish i could hack Nairaland so the only thing you see on the front page is "say no to tribalism"[/size]
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by LasoulMacuby(m): 10:31am On Apr 12, 2015
hardbody:

If you are smart by half you will realize that companies employ you and retain you where your services are most needed. And incorporated companies are federal government citizens. I hope your doltic brain can assimilate that. What it therefore means is that i can work wherever my company requires me to in this country. Which is why i move round from abuja to ph to calabar to owerri . It is amazing you did not see the point i was making about contributing tax money to the state. You all are blinded by tbe fact we are doing well here. Even if i were to leave Lagos, you dont have as an individual what it takes to take over my job. So what is your headache?
Story, so with you myopic reasoning you felt people on this thread had a second thought at the long epistle you wrote here about taxes. Smh! If you like move to timbuktu, we know you are worth nothing even with your many years of hustling in Lagos
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 12, 2015
hardbody:

Guy stop weeing on your pants. No one is scared. It is very simple. No one can cripple my company it is nothing to do with Yoruba. They will try to disturb the traders only yo find out that spare part prices will sky rocket and they will come back to open any closed market. Yorubas in this Lagos still drive the highest number of rickety cars and buses.

I am igbo and proudly too. Nothing scares me. Whoever is begging for protection is speaking for himself. If people want us to level this place lets go to war. When the dust is settled there will be no Lagos anymore and survivors would have learnt their lessons
[e

Level? lol.... You gys are ony about 15% of the population, you want to level? Same thing ojuwkwu bragged about when he said we would be shocked by biafran army.... Look what happened, he fled and many unfortunate things... You cannot level anywhere in yoruba land same way hausa or yoruba wont brag of such in your land..... This elections should have taught you guys somethings
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by TITOBIGZ(m): 10:37am On Apr 12, 2015
SWDude:

Let it be tampered it.

If the ibos will keeping toeing the line of "No man's land" and wanting to dictate who will rule me in my own house, it's something I can die for

GBAM
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by LasoulMacuby(m): 10:38am On Apr 12, 2015
uzolexis:

Have u ever been 2 Niger Delta? They basically feed Nigeria but they get nothing 4 it,their land n water is polluted n they live in abject poverty. If they guard d oil jealously I won't blame them till Nigeria wakes up n fufills it's duties 2 them.
U can't say d same 4 d ports, a lot of investment has been put into it by d fed govt.
As a matter of fact was born in Delta state and grew up. In P. H, so let's not go there I know how the corrupt leaders in that region refuse to carry out projects with the monies given to them
lisimmo:

Check the allocations given to states. Akwa ibom, rivers, delta etc top the list. Then ask their state govt what they are doing.
The reason Yoruba are bent on APC in Lagos is they have demanded for good govt and have seen it hence it must continue.
No gov has ruled Oyo twice because their performances were judged unsatisfactory but Ajimobi is about to break the jinx. Yoruba don't celebrate mediocrity. That's why we were furious with Gej.
Nice one from you, my point exactly
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 12, 2015
holatin:
ode, see this worthless Lagos prostitute calling someone names.

Omo ale jatijati

Na ur mama sisters be lagos prostitute Ediot dirty human being like you. You are the worthless hopeless one you have no future I curse the day you were born bastard.
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by hardbody: 10:39am On Apr 12, 2015
tsdarkside:

I dislike both yoruba and edo but i will still take yoruba out of the two evils. So what exactly are you proud about. Who wants a state of only criminals and ashe.wo.s. what else does your state promote ok except maybe witchcraft. This one still get mouth yo talk? Rubbish
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 12, 2015
akthedream:
thank u brother! Am from delta ! I am tired of the ibo bringing us to eat insults too
Re: I’ll Accept Defeat In Good Faith ─ Agbaje by edey2real: 10:40am On Apr 12, 2015
new2020:

Very shameless yoruba man. Lagos maybe in SW however very different from Osun, Ondo, Oyo, Oyo, Ogun and Ekiti in that 80% of taxes and duties paid into its coffers are by non yorubas...keep that in mind. When next you see Fashola commissioning a project...say big thank you to the non yorubas who are funding it through their taxes and duties. You think Lagos can function without them? You people should be very careful how carelessly you speak. Also say big thank you to the Niger Delta for your behemoth monthly allocation...you think you can survive without this handout by generous Niger Delta people? Speaking as a Niger Deltan, the day you Yoruba will marginalize any non yoruba in Lagos, be prepared to lose your federal monthly allocation and non payment of taxes and duties by non Yorubas...let's see how you will survive. You think Lagos would have attained its current economic and social status without nom yorubas and federal character? You want one Nigeria, you must abide by every law that glues us as Nigerians.

Can you then please tell your people and Yiboees to leave our land for us. Go and develop your states the way you 'claimed' to have developed Lagos.

An adage says; "The person that will give you a cloth, you have to look at what the person is wearing first".

RUBISH!

You develop Yoruba land my foot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says / Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) / Buhari Appoints Major-General Yahaya Farouk As New Chief Of Army Staff (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.