Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections (56419 Views)

Why We Are Running Away From Our People After Elections – Katsina Speaker / BRT: Lagos Govt Terminates Agreement With Operator / 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
fr3do:

Lagos is a capital like Abuja
It isn't property of the Yorubas

we should also conclude that calabar isn't for the indigenes right. afterall it was also a capital sometime ago
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by emmyw(m): 3:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
eaglechild:

You say the Oba CAN NEVER apologize.
That it is a taboo.

Well I respect your culture, unfortunately that is not an excuse. Not in 2015.

Every tribe has harmful cultural practices that must be done away with.
Giving birth to twins was a taboo in Igbo land.
Burying the king with human heads was a practice amongst some tribes.

No one is infallible under a constitutional democracy.

You cannot wish millions of people death then hide under cultural infallibility.
And if I may ask you,which part of igbo land was it a taboo giving birth to twins?
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by chisom18: 3:54pm On Apr 12, 2015
emmyw:
And if I may ask you,which part of igbo land was it a taboo giving birth to twins?
Youre definitely born retarded twisting and confusing the subject matter with an entirely different one. yoroobas sha!
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by chisom18: 3:57pm On Apr 12, 2015
lastpage:
Its not just about APOLOGY!
The utterance is at best, a political mis-yarn in bad taste.......... and we can see and hear as the Igbos present were Clapping and laughing!

But these Igbos see this debacle as an opportunity to ridicule the Yorubas and their Ancestors!

[size=18pt]They are CHILDREN OF HATE!
[/size]

Lastpage!
And then youre all children of ridicule no? yes!
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by dwayni: 3:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
Get a well to do gun and secure your property and family. Screw police and Lagos state government
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by meccuno: 4:13pm On Apr 12, 2015
What kind of foolish thread is this?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by emmyw(m): 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2015
chisom18:
Youre definitely born retarded twisting and confusing the subject matter with an entirely different one. yoroobas sha!
Dear am not yoruba,I never heard of that and that's the reason why I asked the question.
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by bismark007: 4:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
GenIgrigi:
**grins** If the so-called yorubas
cannot pick up arms and pull out of
Nigeria, then they are just blowing hot
air. Lagos was developed with palm
proceeds from the east, groundnut
proceeds from the north and Oil
proceeds from the SS(which also have
large indigenous Igbo population).
The yorubas can not reap where they
did not sow.
Majority of workers in NNPC and
Chevron are yorubas who got there
because of yoruba post-war and
unjust administrative influence of the
likes of kupolokun and others.
If yorubas want non-indigenes to
leave lagos, it is very achievable but..
1. They must declare an independent
country from Nigeria. They can't eat
their cake and have it. (ie They can't
drink peoples oil and still keep FG
developed Lagos to themselves.)
2. Severe themselves from the oil
proceeds they get from regions
belonging to "strangers". No cup-in-
hand oil allocation for them.States like
oyo produce nothing but beggars and
motor psrk touts but collect one of
the highest allocations.
3. Start building a border post at Ore
with immediate effect, infact odua
diaspora can fund that.
4. Recall all their indigenes schooling
and working in oil coys and banks in
the East. Including their herbal drink
sellers.
5. Otedola, Mike Adenuga, Alakija and
their oil billionaires and oil well
owners must relinquish their Oil wells
and Oil Mining Licenses.
6. Publicly burn and denounce the
Constitution of Nigeria that
guarantees every Nigerian equal
rights.
Until they meet these very achievable
condition these guys should channel
their noisemaking and energy in
donating toilet facilities for their
families in oyo, osun and kwara. It's
more pertinent.
we are smarter than this.this is the same way u were thinking 38yrs ago when u wanted to leave nigeria the boko haram way.so forgetful set of people. Apologies to the reasonable ones.
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by zimoni(f): 5:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
What a thread.

Won O Ti Ri Nkankan.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by eaglechild: 5:07pm On Apr 12, 2015
netmillionaires:

Now I will tell U the truth. I will assume that U are above 30years of age and av gone thru the NYSC scheme. I believe that when U were posted to your PPA, ur LI mentioned something like HOST COMMUNITY. Did U know why it is called host community? Remove community and pay attention to just the word HOST. It means they are hosting U. If ur host declare U a persona non grata, forget it! U ll have to leave. Nigeria is a federation. I believe U understand what that means. In a federalism system of government, each state retain their rights only relinguishing part of it to the FG. E.g Security, Same currency etc Each state still has the right to determine who they grant residency to. Maybe U should go and ask b4 saying another person argument is lame.
None of what you have written is based on ethnicity.

No Nigerian can be denied residence by any state based on ethnicity.
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by eaglechild: 5:13pm On Apr 12, 2015
ollah1:

we should also conclude that calabar isn't for the indigenes right. afterall it was also a capital sometime ago
Has the Obong of Calabar come out to say that anyone who does not vote for his candidate will drown in the Atlantic?

Or have you heard Crossriverians signing a continuous song of how ungrateful other tribes are to be in Calabar?

Or do you think that Calabar is only populated by indigenous people.
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by bismark007: 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
CyberWolf:
grin grin grin..We are waiting...You think this is 1966?...Don't worry.. angry
na so u talk for 1966

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by bismark007: 5:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
CyberWolf:
Ambode won and so what? Will that stop Igbos from doing their businesses in Lagos?..Will that stop Igbos from buying lands and building houses in lagos?...If any of you get liver,attack Igbos where ever they are whether in North or West,that day, Nigeria will seize to exist..We are waiting for Buhari to start his ethnic cleansing administration,then we will respond in kind beyond his wildest imagination..Aso Rock and National Assembly will be reduced to Ashes with just punch of a key ...All the ethnic groups in Nigeria MUST be equitably represented in this administration or else...Anyway let us hold our peace for now angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry..NONSENSE!!!..
are u related to asari.ur mouth too much.boko haram should ve been history if u can fulfil ur threats.asaan eenu
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
eaglechild:

Has the Obong of Calabar come out to say that anyone who does not vote for his candidate will drown in the Atlantic?

Or have you heard Crossriverians signing a continuous song of how ungrateful other tribes are to be in Calabar?

Or do you think that Calabar is only populated by indigenous people.

Has another tribe claimed the ownership of cross-over?
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by phazotron(m): 5:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
focus7:
My take on this is that yoruba land being known for her hospitality and peaceful co-existent can assure the igbos of the safety of lives, business and properties but they should also prepare to respect us in our own land and stop acting as though they are co-owner of the land with us, they should stop treating us with hate and disdain. If they know they cannot comply with these they should go back to their land.

true. if they can't respect their hosts then they should back the fuckup
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by lastpage: 5:36pm On Apr 12, 2015
WHY ARE THE IGBO CLOWNS ASKING FOR PROTECTION FROM POLICE?

I THOUGHT THEY SAID THEY ARE BRAVE?

TIME NEVER REACH TO MARCH ON THE OBA'S PALACE?

BUNCH OF DELUDED CRIMINALS

GO BACK TO YOUR VILLAGE OTHERWISE LAGOS WILL NOT TOLERATE YOUR CRIMINALITY tongue tongue tongue

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by phazotron(m): 5:45pm On Apr 12, 2015
ellaV:
then u people should leave the igbo's to go...give them their biafra...is not by force na...they are not begging to be together ...let them go peacefully,in 3 years they accoumplish wat Nigeria cannot accomplish in 50 yrs time...that y we can't do without them ...they r d isrealite of this nation.

another delusional fool on the loose!
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by aleem50(m): 6:08pm On Apr 12, 2015
franksam2009:
THIS THREAD IS FAKE, EVERYONE KNOWS THAT NDIGBO WILL NEVER GO SO LOW FOR THESE YORUBASTARDS
you and your entire family are bastards. Had it been u guys are not bastards you won't be claiming ownership of Lagos . Eyin omo ale jatijati, igbo can never rule this country.
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by donbrowser(m): 6:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
fr3do:

Lagos is a capital like Abuja
It isn't property of the Yorubas
Lagos is located in the Southwest. It is believed and agreed that yorubas live in Southwest. Epe Awori Isale - eko et al., speak yoruba.
Lagos is the property of Yorubas cos it has seized to be the capital and I hope you also remember the traditional ruler of Lagos is OBA not obi or emir.
I AM NOT TRIBALISTIC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Jowonloju(m): 6:29pm On Apr 12, 2015
Chidozieude:
Lagos will continue to accommodate all ethnic groups BUT there must be sanity. All shops in Ladipo, Alaba, Idumota need to be rebuilt and re-allocated - those places are just too filthy. If you dont like it, Ekene Dili Chukwu to the rescue- onward to your village

OMO AYE! ORO LO SO JO
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by netmillionaires(m): 6:30pm On Apr 12, 2015
eaglechild:

None of what you have written is based on ethnicity.

No Nigerian can be denied residence by any state based on ethnicity.
where is the argument heading sef? The argument comes to Nigeria is not US therefore one state have no right to refuse pple 4rm another state and my point remains that each state has the right to refuse residency to people.
Now we are talking abt refusing residency based on ethnicity. Do u expect s state to tell U that U are been refused residency because U are an hausa, a yoruba, or an igbo? No! The state will simply tell U they don't want U. The same way USA will not tell U that U are been rejected because U are black. That is racism. Instead they will just tell U that U aren't wanted on their land. If U ask why. They ll find a good excuse 4 rejecting u. It is just common sense.
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by akinszz: 6:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
BossTtdiamonds:
I am a confirm Yoruba Boy and an Ardent APC supporter.. But I take God beg una... Make una free Igbo's oh!.. I have lovely Igbo friends who are peaceful and respect boundaries... Please oh!..
the one way no respect boundaries we go teach lesson. Lol...
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Twistaray(m): 6:42pm On Apr 12, 2015
grin grin
Lagos a no man's land indeed.
Let the ijebus that owns: mushin,ikoyi et al catch una..na juju dey go take flatten una head.

Yee
My egba people nko?
Abule egba ,agege ,alagba,ikorodu et al is own by egba people.

Shey una know the meaning of abule egba sha,yeeeboo?

It means: egba village. Villaige of the egbas.
Kekekekekeke lagos a no man's land indeed.
Make i catch any of una Igbos that lack manners,with no place to call una home/own.
Yeyeye yellow bombom tribe
Heheheheh grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by GoldHorse(m): 6:46pm On Apr 12, 2015
MrT2011:
Ill be the first to hack off ur cocoanut head when the trouble time comes. As the cowards u guys are u do nothing but boast like idiots. Fool

Yeah! We have your type in every society and there's a way we deal with such. One of the wall geckos in my house will respond to you and your threats soon. Next time you won't issue threats you cant carry out especially death threats. So you better behead me while you still have the chance, abi?
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by CyberWolf: 6:46pm On Apr 12, 2015
bismark007:
are u related to asari.ur mouth too much.boko haram should ve been history if u can fulfil ur threats.asaan eenu
Fvck off my mention.. angry
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by dagboss(m): 6:47pm On Apr 12, 2015
Igbos in Lagos need not fear any physical assault on them, but should expect astronomical increase in shop and house rents most especially in Lagos Island and a little increase in harassment from area boys. What many do not know is that Oba Akinolu owns many of the commercial properties in the business areas of the Island.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by naijamerican: 6:47pm On Apr 12, 2015
Helkayklassic:
Deport them bck to Onitsha but don't deport their goods, make i go Alaba go pick my choice of phone.

Thus proving that most of this "anti-igbo" hatred comes from jealousy.

May god punish you jealous, tribalistic, mumus.
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Akorede1114(m): 6:48pm On Apr 12, 2015
what am i seeing?sebi u people thought ur fishes are more than the stream dat accommodate them.
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by akinszz: 6:56pm On Apr 12, 2015
eaglechild:

Did you also feel bad about these words by the traditional ruler of Lagos to the Igbos who came to pay him a courtesy visit.

"On Saturday, if anyone of YOU, I SWEAR IN THE NAME OF GOD, goes against my wish that Ambode will be the next governor of Lagos state, THE PERSON IS GOING TO DIE inside this water. I am not ready to beg you".
na the truth the king told you. You must do his biddings, wether you like it or not in as much u reside in lagos. Ti oba lasé.
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by akinszz: 7:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
All i know be say all yiiboes are tenant in lagos. Wether they buy house or build houses they are still tenants. When time comes we shall chase them out of lagos. Simple as ABC...

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by akinszz: 7:28pm On Apr 12, 2015
Achiles:
Demanding apology from Oba Akiolu? Jokers! You will soon understand the owners of Lagos are. immigrants tenants calling themselves Omo Onile. Insolence. You may deliver Amuwo Odofin to JK Ndoka, it really won't matter.
they are tenants not immigrants.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Reacts To Loss Says "The Gang Up Was Unimaginable" / Heavily Armed Niger Delta Militants Pictured At Southern Ijaw Creek (pics) / MTN Fueled Boko Haram Insurgency - President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.