Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,502 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party (55286 Views)

Nigerians Regret Voting Out Jonathan – Ghana's Ruling Party / Governorship Elections: APC 21 APGA 1 PDP 7 / National Assembly Elections: APC Sweeps Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by saibuhari(m): 11:58am On Apr 12, 2015
For me the whole victory of APC is many years of prayers answered. I don't need to wait for INEC declaration of results. I already have a revelation of the results in the states that matter to me. I believe in Buhair (first and foremost), I believe in Tinubu, Fashola and now Ambode. I am Igbo, a proud one at that but not ethnic jingoist. I hate ethnicism in whatever form or guise and no matter who is propagating it. I believe in no tribe but in common humanity. I have lived in Lagos from childhood and will continue to live here. I understand Rochas Okorocha is leading in my state (Imo) and that APC won in my ward in my village even for Presidential election. You see, I have no apologies to anyone for being Igbo and embracing APC. If Tinubu picks anybody - that person will surely perform. I have no doubt in mind that Ambo will do well for us in Lagos and Okorocha will continue to do well in Imo. APC governors are da bomb. Oh I cant wait to see Buhari perform. I have so much confidence in him. Buhari will do many positive things in our land. If Buhari's govt fails it means I will never vote in any election in Nigeria or take part in any political activity - that is the kind of confidence I repose in him. God bless Nigeria and Nigerians and bless Tinubu for being a detribalized Nigerian.

Sai Buhari
Sai Tinubu
Sai Fashola
Sai Ambode
Sai APC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by jahjehova(m): 12:03pm On Apr 12, 2015
I hope you don't chew your words.

saibuhari:
For me the whole victory of APC is many years of prayers answered. I don't need to wait for INEC declaration of results. I already have a revelation of the results in the states that matter to me. I believe in Buhair (first and foremost), I believe in Tinubu, Fashola and now Ambode. I am Igbo, a proud one at that but not ethnic jingoist. I hate ethnicism in whatever form or guise and no matter who is propagating it. I believe in no tribe but in common humanity. I have lived in Lagos from childhood and will continue to live here. I understand Rochas Okorocha is leading in my state (Imo) and that APC won in my ward in my village even for Presidential election. You see, I have no apologies to anyone for being Igbo and embracing APC. If Tinubu picks anybody - that person will surely perform. I have no doubt in mind that Ambo will do well for us in Lagos and Okorocha will continue to do well in Imo. APC governors are da bomb. Oh I cant wait to see Buhari perform. I have so much confidence in him. Buhari will do many positive things in our land. If Buhari's govt fails it means I will never vote in any election in Nigeria or take part in any political activity - that is the kind of confidence I repose in him. God bless Nigeria and Nigerians and bless Tinubu for being a detribalized Nigerian.

Sai Buhari
Sai Tinubu
Sai Fashola
Sai Ambode
Sai APC
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:04pm On Apr 12, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
God bless APC

God bless Nigeria
God pass PDP.

1 Like

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by TITOBIGZ(m): 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
Chidozieude:
This is just the beginning. Change is here to stay.

The outcome of the Lagos elections was never in doubt but I am happy we can now all agree that Lagos is Yorubaland.

Mr Agbaje Nwosu still has a bright political future BUT not in Yorubaland. He can go and contest in Anambra or Abia

Yorubas generally do not tolerate Omo Ales. Agbaje is an Omo Ale
Gbam,as much as lik am b4,d n*gga don fall hand.

1 Like

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by TITOBIGZ(m): 12:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
jahjehova:
All of you shouting APC APC. I dey wait una ooooo. Some of us have experienced APC governance first hand, and I can tell that only two of all the APC governors in the current dispensation made sense (Lagos and Ogun). I hope you all will not be the ones crucifying you so called best party in the future.

What's all this APC APC self. Is it the G5 governors who have been PDP guys for the better part of their life (Amaechi has been a pdp guy for about 15years and suddenly he becomes a messiah?).

#justthinking
Keepthinking ma broda cheesytongue

1 Like

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by jahjehova(m): 12:23pm On Apr 12, 2015
Yout time to gimme a tongue. My time is coming. First to do no dey pain oooo wink

TITOBIGZ:

Keepthinking ma broda cheesytongue
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by jahjehova(m): 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
Your Oba about to give us another joke

1 Like

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by 9jatatafo(m): 12:41pm On Apr 12, 2015
Let the gods dash PDP sense. Did Jonathan came to destroy PDP or OBJ did the destruction as an undercover agent?
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by BossTtdiamonds(m): 12:42pm On Apr 12, 2015
PassingShot:
There is a certain person on this forum who has turned out to be the ultimate LOSER in this 2015 election.

The guy must surely feel very miserable about himself and I also pity him small as I don't pray to experience what he has passed through.

To be on the verge of victory only to change course at the last hour and be crushed in total defeat must be very tough to endure.

Who knows the person I am talking about?

grin grin grin
His Name BARCANISTA

4 Likes

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by solreb: 12:47pm On Apr 12, 2015
Bevista:
I expect atleast 19/29 from APC.

I have observed that no SS state is on that analysis. A familiar disturbing pattern reminiscent of the presidential elections, where no results from any PU is made public until all the results are fully "cooked".

This is evidence of a really backward society. Sadly I'm from that region.

You have observed rightly. I am from Lagos but have state in PHC for 21yrs. Truly election hardly takes place in SS including Rivers that is why no results are released from any PUs. I posted result of PU 22 and 23 in Alimosho lga counted on presence on Nairaland yeyesterday. You can never witness that in Rivers state. The presence of APC as credible opposition in Rivers and Akwa ibom is what wants to force a semblance of election but PDP, Wike and Akpabio will have none of that.

1 Like

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by spiralwedge(m): 12:52pm On Apr 12, 2015
congrats to Okorocha, the only progressive and forward-thinking Igbo in history and the future president of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by jahjehova(m): 12:55pm On Apr 12, 2015
OBJ tried to salvage the situation. GEJ said no.
9jatatafo:
Let the gods dash PDP sense. Did Jonathan came to destroy PDP or OBJ did the destruction as an undercover agent?
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by omojeesu(m): 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
I PRAY APC WILL DO THE GOOD WE EXPECT. GOD HELP THEM. BUT REMEMBER; THE CHANGE BEGINS WITH YOU AND I.

1 Like

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 12, 2015
IYANGBALI:
and you guys voted for Jonah because he his a white man abi? We don waka,sidon there dey lament,whichever way you wanna look at it,you guys are the greatest losers in this whole shiiit,so deal with it
who's this ogre? And how do you know where i've pitched my tent? The fact that I mentioned your clan's prosaic motives doesn't say who i'm supporting. Just shut your hell hole
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by pasol4real(m): 1:06pm On Apr 12, 2015
lalasticlala:
The wind of change blowing across the country again resonated yesterday in states that the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has governed since the return of civil rule in 1999.

Results monitored by LEADERSHIP SUNDAY’s correspondents indicated that Benue, Niger, Jigawa and Katsina have fallen to the winning streak of the All Progressives Congress (APC), whose candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, won the March 28 presidential election against the incumbent, President Goodluck Jonathan of the PDP.

APC also won 65 out of the 109 seats in the Senate and majority seats in the House of Representatives.

In yesterday’s state houses of assembly and governorship elections, a similar pattern of the “historic change” was seen in the states hitherto considered PDP strongholds.

Although final figures are still being compiled by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), our correspondents reported that the APC was “progressively leading” in most of the polling units monitored.

In Niger State, the APC candidate, Abubakar Bello, was jubilant and excited members of the party were seen celebrating across the state’s 25 local government areas.

In Benue, the successes of Senators Barnabas Gemade and George Akume in the National Assembly election also rubbed off on the APC candidate for the state, Samuel Ortom.

Ortom resigned from the cabinet of President Goodluck Jonathan to contest the state’s number one job. He was maintaining a comfortable lead in 18 of the 23 local governments at press time.

At the Government House polling unit, Ortom scored 145 votes to beat his PDP opponent, Terhemen Tarzoor, who polled 119 votes.

Also at Annunne Market Square Polling Unit in Tarka local government area, the APC polled 324 votes to PDP’s 14 votes.

However, Tarzoor is said to have polled a total of 152 votes at the Ankpa Ward Polling Unit, an area where he grew up, to Ortom’s 150 votes.

Contrary to expectations that PDP’s Jimi Agbaje backed by the non-natives of Lagos State will replace Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, the APC candidate, Akinwunmi Ambode is conveniently coasting home to victory.

Results from the polling units indicated that Agbaje scored higher in Igbo-dominated communities like Amuwo Odofin and Oshodi/Isolo, but he lost by win margins in most polling units of Lagos East Senatorial District and Alimosho which have the largest populations in the state. Ambode was said to be in firm control of at least 15 of the 20 local government areas of the state.

Plateau also surprisingly favoured APC from the unit-by-unit analysis.

In Imo State, Governor Rochas Okorocha also cast off the state-sponsored rigging of the presidential election against his party, the APC, in the state to launch into an early lead, ahead of closest rivals, Emeka Ihedioha (PDP) and Capt. Emmanuel Iheanacho (APGA).

Also, Kaduna State, which had been ruled by PDP for 16 years, had Malam Nasir el-Rufai of the APC ahead of the incumbent governor, Mukhtar Yero, who hinted that things might not work his way.

Shortly after accreditation in Zaria, yesterday, Yero told his supporters and the entire people of state to accept the outcome of the election, whichever way it went.

Similarly, in Katsina, former speaker, House of Representatives and candidate of the APC, Alhaji Aminu Bello Masari appeared to cut short the winning streak of the PDP in the state since 1999.

President-elect Buhari was in Katsina on Thursday to attend the final rally for APC’s governorship and state House of Assembly candidates in Saturday’s elections, and he pleaded with the people of his home state to vote for his party’s candidates.

Jigawa has also returned to the APC fold with results indicating that a majority of the House of Assembly seats as well as that of the governor went to APC. The state was governed by the All Nigeria People Party (ANPP) before the PDP took it over in 2007.

A similar situation is also playing out in Kebbi State as the APC governorship candidate, Senator Atiku Bagudu, is coasting home to victory and leading the PDP candidate Gen Sarkin Yaki Bello, in most of the local government areas of the state.

http://leadership.ng/news/425022/apc-consolidates-position-as-ruling-party
when inec releases the result e go clear for una Eyes.apc wud never win any state in the southeast n south south ,plateau nassarawa n adamawa are going to pdp.
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by Bevista: 1:07pm On Apr 12, 2015
LRNZH:
What were they expecting?

OBJ influenced Maurice Iwu to change the electoral act so that Presidential and NAS elections happen before Guber and state house of assembly elections.

Baba Iyabo did this to cajole governors into working for the successful election of the president before being assured of their own seats. It was a PDP masterstroke.

Today, the momentum of GMB's win at the center has made that grand plan has work against PDP. When you dig ditches, remember you could be a victim yourself some day.

APC carry go jor...
OBJ hatched that job. (un)fortunately, he is still a beneficiary of that arrangement due to his new found love with APC. The looser is PDP.

2 Likes

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by olaniyanc: 1:20pm On Apr 12, 2015
Chidozieude:
This is just the beginning. Change is here to stay.

The outcome of the Lagos elections was never in doubt but I am happy we can now all agree that Lagos is Yorubaland.

Mr Agbaje Nwosu still has a bright political future BUT not in Yorubaland. He can go and contest in Anambra or Abia

Yorubas generally do not tolerate Omo Ales. Agbaje is an Omo Ale

Let Agbaje go and contest in Bayelsa if he is going to leave to tell the tales. Wike the murderer will savage him.!!!!@@@

1 Like

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by IYANGBALI: 1:57pm On Apr 12, 2015
Samsleek7:
who's this ogre? And how do you know where i've pitched my tent? The fact that I mentioned your clan's prosaic motives doesn't say who i'm supporting. Just shut your hell hole
go sidon loser forever's tribe. Lagoon is your home grin

1 Like

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by IYANGBALI: 2:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
spiralwedge:
congrats to Okorocha, the only progressive and forward-thinking Igbo in history and the future president of Nigeria
lets pray that those okoros will not pull him down,they are too arrogant to be progressive

2 Likes

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by IYANGBALI: 2:01pm On Apr 12, 2015
xtremrules:

Am waiting for her reply, not yours.
canoe is ready o,book one seat get 5 free angry lagoon straight

1 Like

Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by smartleo(m): 2:04pm On Apr 12, 2015
shachris:
PDP would lose in Delta state. You heard it here first!
That certainly was in our dream last night
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by mromokaro90: 2:10pm On Apr 12, 2015
register as a dangote distributor in the on-going RIS scheme,and buy at retail and wholesale products,contact dr usman yahaya on 08064156756
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by ukandi1(m): 2:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
ayusco85:
Somebody shout change......

Hit the like button if u think APC will do better than PDP government.

We hope and pray so ... Was it not how PDP started before we found ourselves were we are now? The very evil men in PDP are decamping to APC and we are smiling, no one is talking. I hope we don't cry tomoro ...
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by ayusco85(m): 2:29pm On Apr 12, 2015
ukandi1:

We hope and pray so ... Was it not how PDP started before we found ourselves were we are now? The very evil men in PDP are decamping to APC and we are smiling, no one is talking. I hope we don't cry tomoro ...

Point of correction, that's not how PDP started. Secondly the evil men from PDP won't hold any relevant position in this APC govt, the president elect has spoken... And no, Gods willing we won't cry tomorrow
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 12, 2015
IYANGBALI:
go sidon loser forever's tribe. Lagoon is your home grin
Yes Me and your mother would be perfect! She'll be a great LovePeddler in our underwater house!
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by IYANGBALI: 6:29pm On Apr 12, 2015
Samsleek7:
Yes Me and your mother would be perfect! She'll be a great LovePeddler in our underwater house!
you think I will descend so low to disrespect your mother?no way,I was well brought up by my parents,if only you know the meaning of my message to you grin
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by NobleG1(m): 6:46pm On Apr 12, 2015
PDP raped Nigeria for so long.
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 12, 2015
IYANGBALI:
you think I will descend so low to disrespect your mother?no way,I was well brought up by my parents,if only you know the meaning of my message to you grin
if you can disrespect me however old I am, why not my mom? Is respect only meant for parents? Anyways, i'm sorry for the insult... your unstooping low was a lesson!
Re: April 11 Elections: APC Consolidates Position As Ruling Party by IYANGBALI: 7:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
Samsleek7:
if you can disrespect me however old I am, why not my mom? Is respect only meant for parents? Anyways, i'm sorry for the insult... your unstooping low was a lesson!
apologies accepted. One love grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Jonathan Barefoot At A Meeting With Staff (Picture) / Photos : Namadi Sambo Hands Over Aguda House To Prof. Yemi Osinbajo / Idris Usman Claims To Be Buhari's Stepbrother, Presidency Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.